Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Cutting Edge > Debate Forum

Debate Forum Debate interesting non-Naruto topics. All forum rules apply.

Old 08-03-2009, 08:54 PM   #21
ThunderSpirit
Chunin

ThunderSpirit is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Tired of me shareing my faith? TEN DONT SAY A FREEKIN WORD!! (Does not include TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou!e View Post
You see there is this thing called "idolatry, idolatry is the worship, veneration or belief in false gods. Because it is a direct rejection of God, it is a grave sin (1 Corinthians 6:9-10). Idolatry includes worship of images (This does not mean that we cannot venerate religious images. Veneration of images such as a crucifix is veneration of the person depicted, and not the actual image in and of itself.)"

Plus if you didn't believe your religion was correct why even pursue it, I mean, have doubt in your own faith I guess if you want.
What does that have to do with what I said? I don't doubt my own religion. I said that I don't believe that people should assume that their religion is the only one.

And we call it reality.

-Uchiha Itachi
ThunderSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 08:56 PM   #22
TheBlackChidori
Special Jonin Candidate

TheBlackChidori is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Tired of me shareing my faith? TEN DONT SAY A FREEKIN WORD!! (Does not include TB

You guys really havent seen enough of the world to understand true religion. It cracks me up that you all assume to know so much about it, and how broad your knowledge is.

Reading about it in a book is one thing. But going over there, seeing people acting out their religions in person? Thats totally different. Thats how you get a true feel for it all.
TheBlackChidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 08:56 PM   #23
Lou!e
Special Jonin Candidate

Lou!e is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to Lou!e

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderSpirit View Post
What does that have to do with what I said? I don't doubt my own religion. I said that I don't believe that people should assume that their religion is the only one.
You should assume your religion is right tho...Why chose a false path? So they think Christianity is correct, so they will try to convert you so that you will be "saved"...
Lou!e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 08:57 PM   #24
avamaru
Chunin Exam Participant

avamaru is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

You don't need to change who you are for anyone I like that thinks they dont agree with u

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Art is a Bang

AVAMARU
avamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 08:58 PM   #25
Lou!e
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackChidori View Post
You guys really havent seen enough of the world to understand true religion. It cracks me up that you all assume to know so much about it, and how broad your knowledge is.

Reading about it in a book is one thing. But going over there, seeing people acting out their religions in person? Thats totally different. Thats how you get a true feel for it all.
It cracks me up that you assume that we don't know things...or enough I should say.
Old 08-03-2009, 09:00 PM   #26
Lou!e
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by avamaru View Post
You don't need to change who you are for anyone I like that thinks they dont agree with u
I agree, part of the reason I don't have a religion. I rather be hated for who I am than loved for someone I am not.
Old 08-03-2009, 09:08 PM   #27
ThunderSpirit
Chunin

Quote:
You should assume your religion is right tho...Why chose a false path? So they think Christianity is correct, so they will try to convert you so that you will be "saved"...
I do assume my religion is right. I'll say it again, believing your religion is right is a given, but your religion being right and your religion being the only right one are not the same thing.

And we call it reality.

-Uchiha Itachi
Old 08-03-2009, 09:10 PM   #28
Lou!e
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderSpirit View Post
I do assume my religion is right. I'll say it again, believing your religion is right is a given, but your religion being right and your religion being the only right one are not the same thing.
Yes they are definately not the same but...Um if you believe your religion is the correct one doesn't that make the rest, um, not right...useless...? There can only be one right one .
Old 08-03-2009, 09:15 PM   #29
Gamabunta
Big Bad Bully
Tactless

Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Quote:

I haven't been to Alaska either. Does that mean I can't read about it in a book, and have a good idea of what it's like?
Old 08-03-2009, 09:15 PM   #30
Hiro
Chunin Exam Proctor

Hiro is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:

i know what you mean, i dont mean to act like i have such a vast knowledge or religion, if i have, i honestly apologize, ive only seen christianity in person, any others, ive read in books, im sure its a completely different experience......
Old 08-03-2009, 09:16 PM   #31
itasan
Chunin Exam Proctor

itasan is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.itasan is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.itasan is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.itasan is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.itasan is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.itasan is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:

Oooh, like visiting a mosque...That is the coolest experience ever.

You do have a point. you can read about a religion and its practices all you want, but the key point of any religion are the people. You can't grasp the concept of humanity from the pages of some dusty old book describing the practices of some religion.

You have to be there, be swept up in the emotion and devotion of a people who are sending all their hopes and dreams heavenward in the only way they know how.

Personally, in this whole matter of "saving souls" and "forcing religion" I have to side with the Hindus: All paths lead to the same end.

It doesn't matter what you call your god, or even if you believe in Him as a being. I don't think thats what religion should be about. Like it was already said, it's a way of life, not a deity.
itasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 09:17 PM   #32
Taker369
Has Surpassed Outdoor Activities
Coca Cola Disciple

Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwenzalla View Post
Really? Thats cool. Are you a christian?

i want to be but i've been having trouble and stuff.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Spoiler:
Tifa Legacy is now in my sig =3

YouTube:
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
Taker369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 09:19 PM   #33
itasan
Chunin Exam Proctor

itasan is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.itasan is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.itasan is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.itasan is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.itasan is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.itasan is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Yes they are definately not the same but...Um if you believe your religion is the correct one doesn't that make the rest, um, not right...useless...? There can only be one right one .
No, there is a difference between thinking you're right and thinking someone else is wrong. Just because i think I've got the right answer to something doesn't mean i can't believe that someone else's solution could be correct too, or at least accept that they have this solution and it works for them.
itasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 09:19 PM   #34
Hiro
Chunin Exam Proctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamabunta View Post
I haven't been to Alaska either. Does that mean I can't read about it in a book, and have a good idea of what it's like?
you can probably have a vague idea, like for example, if i were to explain my certain interpritation of the bible, you could only have a vague idea, experiencing it in person...... is a completely different experience...
Old 08-03-2009, 09:22 PM   #35
Lou!e
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
i know what you mean, i dont mean to act like i have such a vast knowledge or religion, if i have, i honestly apologize, ive only seen christianity in person, any others, ive read in books, im sure its a completely different experience......
A wise man once said
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamabunta View Post
I have read the bible and have seen some really terrible stuff that deals with religion like stoning people to death...It is not pretty...
Old 08-03-2009, 09:22 PM   #36
Hiro
Chunin Exam Proctor

Quote:
please dont take this the wrong way.... but that is a very one-sided view we all believe our is is the only way, and everyone will stick to that until the end. especially those very faithful to their religion...
Old 08-03-2009, 09:23 PM   #37
Lou!e
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by itasan View Post
No, there is a difference between thinking you're right and thinking someone else is wrong. Just because i think I've got the right answer to something doesn't mean i can't believe that someone else's solution could be correct too, or at least accept that they have this solution and it works for them.
If you know you are right the only way they can be right is if they have the same answer...<3 analogies. I accept people for who they are, your religion sexuality and stuff like that doesn't matter to me.
Old 08-03-2009, 09:24 PM   #38
Hiro
Chunin Exam Proctor

Quote:
A wise man once said

is that a compliment or insult...
Old 08-03-2009, 09:26 PM   #39
Lou!e
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
please dont take this the wrong way.... but that is a very one-sided view we all believe our is is the only way, and everyone will stick to that until the end. especially those very faithful to their religion...
No it isn't...I don't have a religion sooo...I am not trying to change peoples' religion I don't care what their religion is, I'm just trying to make you relise somehting.
Old 08-03-2009, 09:26 PM   #40
ThunderSpirit
Chunin

Quote:

Not necessarily.

What I am saying is that I believe what I believe, and I don't really lose sleep over what other people spend their time doing, as long as they leave me and my loved ones alone. You should believe firmly in whatever it is you believe in, but that is not a choice that can be made for another.

And we call it reality.

-Uchiha Itachi