Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Cutting Edge > Debate Forum

Debate Forum Debate interesting non-Naruto topics. All forum rules apply.

Old 07-30-2009, 04:23 AM   #21
Nick Tasogare
Special Jonin Candidate

Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nick Tasogare
Default Re: Love Doesnt Exist: Part II

....=,=lll.....

Can Herr SRhyse and Frau Muffintop please remove my staff "powers"? The Mod Rules are a joke and everybody knows it lol I don't follow that last rule well enough, and I don't want to endanger the Communist Rule of the People's Republic of NDF. Thanks.

/Heil

Oh wait, now there's drama so I just have to watch this all blow up.
Nick Tasogare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 04:25 AM   #22
<Aurega?>
Because having a blank username couldn't possibly be any more annoying

<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Also, I think this describes love perfectly!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<Aurega?> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 04:26 AM   #23
itasan
Chunin Exam Proctor

itasan is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.itasan is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.itasan is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.itasan is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.itasan is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.itasan is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackChidori View Post
You cant win, Itasan. Youve tried this many times before, remember? You always lose.

Violette, you sit here and talk about love. Arent you dating Nick? Yet you're talking about Senpai like the lost love you would give anything for? There's that chemical imbalance again. Not calling you out or nothing, I just proved my point is all.

I have yet to see the married couples youre speaking of. Maybe they really are truly best friends, but its not love. If it is, its some sort of disorder that caused the imbalance to stay, and they were fortunate enough to meet another person with the same disorder.
Ha...so that's what love is to you? a disorder?

What about your beloved vampires? If true love exists then surely it is there: the story of these creatures who merely wander their endless lives searching for that singular someone to spend eternity with. This is all just fiction to you, a pretty story, yet you read it so lovingly?

I doubt that.

I think you like those books so much because they allow you to hope for a moment for dreams to be reality.
itasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 04:26 AM   #24
itasan
Chunin Exam Proctor

itasan is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.itasan is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.itasan is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.itasan is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.itasan is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.itasan is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurega View Post
Doesn't mean I'm gonna stop trying, i'll look stupid if i have to. xD
Old 07-30-2009, 04:28 AM   #25
TheViolletteHeart
Special Jonin Candidate

TheViolletteHeart is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
You cant win, Itasan. Youve tried this many times before, remember? You always lose.

Violette, you sit here and talk about love. Arent you dating Nick? Yet you're talking about Senpai like the lost love you would give anything for? There's that chemical imbalance again. Not calling you out or nothing, I just proved my point is all.

I have yet to see the married couples youre speaking of. Maybe they really are truly best friends, but its not love. If it is, its some sort of disorder that caused the imbalance to stay, and they were fortunate enough to meet another person with the same disorder.
Yes, I'm dating Nick, but Senpai was my first love. Most people remember their first love for the greater part of their life (or so I've heard).

And what about loving friends and family? Again, you're only focusing on the romantic side of love. I could go on a ramble about how close I am with my best friend and why I'd consider my feelings as loving them as a friend, but I've already done so in another topic.
TheViolletteHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 04:30 AM   #26
TheBlackChidori
Special Jonin Candidate

TheBlackChidori is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by itasan View Post
Ha...so that's what love is to you? a disorder?

What about your beloved vampires? If true love exists then surely it is there: the story of these creatures who merely wander their endless lives searching for that singular someone to spend eternity with. This is all just fiction to you, a pretty story, yet you read it so lovingly?

I doubt that.

I think you like those books so much because they allow you to hope for a moment for dreams to be reality.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but even in that literature, the love wears off. Her feelings for Edward are nothing but vanity, and she eventually realizes that and loses the love for him. So that also proves my point. I love the books because of that very reason, its realistic love, with a fantasy twist.
TheBlackChidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 04:30 AM   #27
itasan
Chunin Exam Proctor

Quote:
Also, I think this describes love perfectly!!!
Haha, that is it exactly. xD
Old 07-30-2009, 04:32 AM   #28
TheBlackChidori
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheViolletteHeart View Post
Yes, I'm dating Nick, but Senpai was my first love. Most people remember their first love for the greater part of their life (or so I've heard).

And what about loving friends and family? Again, you're only focusing on the romantic side of love. I could go on a ramble about how close I am with my best friend and why I'd consider my feelings as loving them as a friend, but I've already done so in another topic.
Sure thats understandable, but Ive never seen someone openly talk about their first love and how they'll never stop loving them, right in front of their new significant other. That's just cold as ice to me, and I feel like this only furthers my stereotype of love being a game.

I cant answer about the loving friends and family. I was kicked out by my family at the age of 15, and rarely talk to any of them anymore. Friends? They've all stabbed me in the back one too many times, for me to ever Trust or love them. And there is a different between romantic love, and protective love, like for a child.
Old 07-30-2009, 04:34 AM   #29
ベーゼル
Chunin Exam Proctor

ベーゼル is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

marriage, family and friends. It's hard to stay in love. Once in a while you'll have difficult situation together. Love and other emotions can't stay with you forever. Human have different emotions everyday.
ベーゼル is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 04:37 AM   #30
TheBlackChidori
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by ベーゼル View Post
marriage, family and friends. It's hard to stay in love. Once in a while you'll have difficult situation together. Love and other emotions can't stay with you forever. Human have different emotions everyday.
Quoted for Truth.
Old 07-30-2009, 04:38 AM   #31
TheViolletteHeart
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Sure thats understandable, but Ive never seen someone openly talk about their first love and how they'll never stop loving them, right in front of their new significant other. That's just cold as ice to me, and I feel like this only furthers my stereotype of love being a game.

I cant answer about the loving friends and family. I was kicked out by my family at the age of 15, and rarely talk to any of them anymore. Friends? They've all stabbed me in the back one too many times, for me to ever Trust or love them. And there is a different between romantic love, and protective love, like for a child.
Yeah, that was kinda stupid of me...

That makes sense, but you have to remember, you aren't the only person in the world. Some people have bad parents, sure, but a lot of people have parents who care deeply about them.

As for friends, I've been stabbed in the back a lot, too! Most people who claim to be my friends are just using me. But I think that's why I'm so close with Megan. She puts up with me no matter how much I get on her nerves, she's been my friend for longer than anyone else, and she understands me. Knows that when I cry, it's best to leave me alone and let me cry it out. Tells me I'm being ridiculous when I insult myself.
Old 07-30-2009, 04:39 AM   #32
TheViolletteHeart
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Quoted for being BS.
Old 07-30-2009, 04:41 AM   #33
TheBlackChidori
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Yeah, that was kinda stupid of me...

That makes sense, but you have to remember, you aren't the only person in the world. Some people have bad parents, sure, but a lot of people have parents who care deeply about them.

As for friends, I've been stabbed in the back a lot, too! Most people who claim to be my friends are just using me. But I think that's why I'm so close with Megan. She puts up with me no matter how much I get on her nerves, she's been my friend for longer than anyone else, and she understands me. Knows that when I cry, it's best to leave me alone and let me cry it out. Tells me I'm being ridiculous when I insult myself.
But you gotta realize, parental love, friendship love, and romantic love, are three different things. People can be friends forever just because their personalities match and they have fun together. It has nothing to do with chemicals, unlike romance.
Old 07-30-2009, 04:42 AM   #34
ベーゼル
Chunin Exam Proctor

ベーゼル is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Quoted for being BS.
It my opinion but it true to me. It's not like you would never be mad at your parent before, get upset, happy and etc. It always changes. Usually happens when something horrible happens against you.
ベーゼル is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 04:49 AM   #35
danboy
Veteran Chunin

danboy is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to danboy

interesting debate but to me
"Love is a temporary madness. It erupts like an earthquake and then subsides. And when it subsides you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots have become so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what love is. Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the promulgation of promises of eternal passion. That is just being "in love" which any of us can convince ourselves we are.
danboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 04:49 AM   #36
<Aurega?>
Because having a blank username couldn't possibly be any more annoying

<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Quote:

Sorry, V, but so far from what I've experienced, this is true.

I really think there is no such thing as love, at least not like what media and litterature sells it to us as. "first love"? Just the first person you were together with and romantic feelings for. In the end, it's all about biology and the need to mate and produce offspring.

The whole concept of "eternal love" is just complete BS.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<Aurega?> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 04:54 AM   #37
itasan
Chunin Exam Proctor

Quote:
But you gotta realize, parental love, friendship love, and romantic love, are three different things. People can be friends forever just because their personalities match and they have fun together. It has nothing to do with chemicals, unlike romance.
Then why can't people be in love forever, just because they match?

I heard that part of the reason love is triggered by smell is because each person's immune system has a distinct smell to it, and you instinctively seek out a person whose system will compliment your own, that way the child will be healthy.

See, to me that says that even science is trying to hook us up with our one, predestined mate.
Old 07-30-2009, 04:56 AM   #38
TheViolletteHeart
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Sorry, V, but so far from what I've experienced, this is true.

I really think there is no such thing as love, at least not like what media and litterature sells it to us as. "first love"? Just the first person you were together with and romantic feelings for. In the end, it's all about biology and the need to mate and produce offspring.

The whole concept of "eternal love" is just complete BS.
I'm not saying the statement was complete and utter BS, just that I don't believe it. I believe in an eternal love, and that love is easily confused with lust and other emotions.

And if I'm wrong, just let me live in my delusion.True love is the only thing I have left to believe in. Religion and everything else left me long ago. So please...stop telling me love doesn't exist...
Old 07-30-2009, 04:57 AM   #39
TheBlackChidori
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Valentines Day? invented by Greeting Cards.

Love in general is. In the old days, a man found a wife that could cook and clean. that was all they needed, no love was involved.
Old 07-30-2009, 04:58 AM   #40
itasan
Chunin Exam Proctor

Quote:
I'm not saying the statement was complete and utter BS, just that I don't believe it. I believe in an eternal love, and that love is easily confused with lust and other emotions.

And if I'm wrong, just let me live in my delusion.True love is the only thing I have left to believe in. Religion and everything else left me long ago. So please...stop telling me love doesn't exist...
Haha, amen to that.