Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Battlegrounds Versus Debates > Narutoverse

Narutoverse For all the debates involving characters from the Naruto series.

Old 09-24-2013, 05:10 AM   #41
darshen13
Chunin Exam Participant

darshen13 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.darshen13 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.darshen13 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.darshen13 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: Official Moratorium on Edo Tensei Threads

Scary...

Cowards watch; heroes act.
darshen13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 12:54 AM   #42
Sir Michael
Sir Of The Forums

Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.
Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.
Default Re: Official Moratorium on Edo Tensei Threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edyl View Post
Personally, I believe that the moderators for the battlegrounds threads have seriously overstepped their bounds on multiple occasions.

This forum is supposed to be an area for free discussion between people who have common interests. The moderators of this forum have placed stringent restrictions that have directly combated and hindered this purpose. They have stunted the growth of free thought with totalitarian and dogmatic principles.

The personal preferences and views of a few should not be enforced onto what should be a forum for free discussion. On multiple occasions I have seen moderators threaten administrative action in order to stop people from "wanking" and from being "ridiculous" for having an opposing viewpoint. However, things such as this should never happen. The subjective opinion of a few or of one person should not be enough to justify what is and what is not ridiculous, and even if one does deem something to be ridiculous, administrative action should not be considered in such instances. No one person is capable of determining with absolute certainty what is and what is not right. No one person is omnipotent enough to know that their ideas are absolutely correct. The level of certainty in this forum's moderator's actions and their willingness to use administrative action to enforce inherently subjective viewpoints is extremely abusive and limits the freedom of the forum.

I've seen instances where on one page, a moderator takes a side and considers the other side to be "wanking," "trolling," and "immature" only to find on the next page another moderator arguing the other side (I've witnessed this twice already and there are likely more seeing as I'm relatively new here). I've even witnessed an instance where a moderator deemed a poster's debate to be ridiculous and decided to change the debate in the middle of the thread. I've even seen moderators lock sections after getting into heated 1v1 debates after claiming that the other person is just immature and nonsensical. And honestly, that debate wasn't even as heated or even remotely ridiculous in comparison to other debates that go on.

In addition to this, it is this type of stringent structure that can be detrimental to the growth of the forum. I have no statistical information, but I do know that some people dislike the authoritarian and borderline megalomaniac tendencies of some of the moderators. That attitude just drives people away. Again, I do not have any statistics on how many, but I do know that it happens.

As DL said at the top of the page, there will always be "ridiculous" match ups. There is no way to stop those. As long as you have an open and public forum, there is no good way to stop them. If a topic was banned whenever a ridiculous match up was made under the topic, basically everything would have to be banned. Having such a sweeping moratorium just sends the message to the people of the forum that the moderators are authoritarian. It honestly kills the mood of the environment.

In addition to this, Edo threads are debatable. There isn't a reason to ban them completely. As we've seen in the manga and anime, Edo opponents are over powered. They can be defeated. Edo threads are just like any other type of thread where "ridiculous" and "normal" threads can be made.

I hope that this viewpoint on the entire situation is taken into consideration. The forum is supposed to be fun, and frankly this is "anti-fun".
All people do with Edo Tensei threads is say they have unlimited chakra and an infinite chakra pool. and moan about how most Edo's can win because they have special abilities that clearly cannot be overcome without some sort of epiphany.

Most people mod's fight with are because the majority of people in PoP's cult are idiotic gorillas that pull stuff of there ass whenever they see fit.

A single characters overpowered Jutsu cannot lift the restrictions of a few.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sir Michael is offline   Reply With Quote