Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Great Off-Topica > Off-Topic

Off-Topic For anything under the sun that won't fit elsewhere!

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 03:35 AM   #21
Gaara-Shukaku
King of the Jörmungandr!
Looking for that something

Location: We all must be dreaming this life away, in a world so cold.
Gaara-Shukaku is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Gaara-Shukaku is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Gaara-Shukaku is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Gaara-Shukaku is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Gaara-Shukaku is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Gaara-Shukaku is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Gaara-Shukaku is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Gaara-Shukaku is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Gaara-Shukaku is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Gaara-Shukaku is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Gaara-Shukaku is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Gaara-Shukaku is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Gaara-Shukaku is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Gaara-Shukaku is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Gaara-Shukaku is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Gaara-Shukaku is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Gaara-Shukaku is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via ICQ to Gaara-Shukaku Send a message via AIM to Gaara-Shukaku Send a message via MSN to Gaara-Shukaku Send a message via Yahoo to Gaara-Shukaku Send a message via Skype™ to Gaara-Shukaku
Default Re: Why do some people......

One piece I have only recently started with it, really good though
Quote:
I was going to insult Bacon, but GS got it for me. What a bro.
Quote:
Shika did, I did it, Shukaku did it..you got put in your place by half a dozen people]
Quote:
That's all irrelevant since GS has been shown using FTG on TC cam.
(That doesn't make sense, but... )
Quote:
Gaara-Shukaku. Drunken Fist on Ag_surfer. GG.
Quote:
They favor you Gaara-Shukaku. Now is your time to ascend to a higher level of forum being. YOU have been chosen. Accept your fate.
Old 09-02-2013, 06:40 AM   #22
marissa
Special Jonin Candidate

marissa is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
marissa is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.marissa is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.marissa is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.marissa is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.marissa is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.marissa is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.marissa is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.marissa is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.marissa is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.marissa is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.marissa is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.marissa is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.marissa is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Well for me I used to love Naruto back about 3 months ago when I joined. Now, after watching Fairy Tail, I think it is god awful by comparison. Kinda sad really cuz I really did LOVE Naruto but now....ehhhhh not so much.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I am lesbian for Kani and Pink.
For Deadtaka, Mangetsu, Maruko, Gaara-Shukaku, ObitoUchiha and
Noctis...

Ask Pink about her new TC room!

Old 09-02-2013, 07:49 AM   #23
Uchiha Sora
Has a Keyblade

Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.
Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Oh god fairy tail >.> It's great in the beginning but it ends up being the same crap every arc. (insert fairy tail member here) gets his/her ass beat but then wins cuz friendship powers the end. And then there's the fact it's ripped so much from one piece.

Naruto is much better IMO. People love to hate Naruto now but it's not even that bad

Old 09-02-2013, 07:54 AM   #24
Devils Lawyer
Special Jonin Candidate

Devils Lawyer is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devils Lawyer is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Devils Lawyer is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devils Lawyer is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devils Lawyer is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devils Lawyer is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devils Lawyer is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devils Lawyer is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devils Lawyer is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devils Lawyer is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devils Lawyer is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

^This arc is terrible though. It looks like kishi is just using his same drawings over and over again. It is boring as hell.
Old 09-02-2013, 08:55 AM   #25
marissa
Special Jonin Candidate

marissa is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.marissa is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.marissa is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.marissa is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.marissa is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.marissa is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.marissa is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.marissa is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.marissa is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.marissa is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.marissa is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.marissa is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.marissa is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Eh. Just not my style anymore.

Noctis...

Old 09-02-2013, 11:07 AM   #26
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

this thread is pettiness and petulance personified

also..gonna request the mods of the section lock this thread as it's continuing the passive aggressive attacks and trolling from the prior night

edit- Marissa got bad news for you, Fairy Tale starts to tank about half way through the series and the writing becomes..pretty painful

may wanna read Rave Master, IIRC by the same author but a lot better and stays top notch until the end

Old 09-02-2013, 11:26 AM   #27
Maruko
Special Jonin Candidate

Maruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFKMaruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFK
Maruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFKMaruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFKMaruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFKMaruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFKMaruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFKMaruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFKMaruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFKMaruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFKMaruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFKMaruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFK

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Immortal Watch Dog View Post
edit- Marissa got bad news for you, Fairy Tale starts to tank about half way through the series and the writing becomes..pretty painful
Are you sure it doesn't start earlier?
Old 09-02-2013, 11:28 AM   #28
Trollhunter
Super Banned

Trollhunter has completed a tough C-rank mission!Trollhunter has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Quote:
this thread is pettiness and petulance personified

also..gonna request the mods of the section lock this thread as it's continuing the passive aggressive attacks and trolling from the prior night

may wanna read Rave Master, IIRC by the same author but a lot better and stays top notch until the end
This is what I mean by negative attitude. What gives you the right to come blowing in to make negative remarks? Right now you are the only one who is being a troll. It's clear that you don't like me, who cares. How ever I don't go creeping the forum looking for ways to mess with you. Dude, you need to get a life. That or some help.
Old 09-02-2013, 11:28 AM   #29
setsun
Special Jonin Candidate

setsun just might be Kage someday.
setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.

you remember correctly IWD and yes rave is boss straight through.

"Trollhunter" he has a right to speak his mind as much as another person. He's not trolling and frankly his remarks aren't as negative as you think

Iin fact we're not outright "hating on" naruto or FT. What we're actually doiing his what's called CRITIQUEING.

The difference between being a hater and a critic is that a hater will not acknowledge any part of a work having any positive points at all while a critic will say that it used to be good(or have potential) and then at a certain point it started to become terrible.

Last edited by setsun; 09-02-2013 at 11:36 AM.
Old 09-02-2013, 11:30 AM   #30
marissa
Special Jonin Candidate

Nah I only like anime. I don't like the manga or comics for that matter.

Noctis...

Old 09-02-2013, 11:35 AM   #31
Trollhunter
Super Banned

Trollhunter has completed a tough C-rank mission!Trollhunter has completed a tough C-rank mission!

I've never read Fairy Tail or Rave Master but you guys are talking about it, then they must be worth reading.
Old 09-02-2013, 11:39 AM   #32
setsun
Special Jonin Candidate

setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.

Rave master is worth a read but fairy tail turns to crap a few arcs in.
Old 09-02-2013, 11:43 AM   #33
Trollhunter
Super Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by setsun View Post
Rave master is worth a read but fairy tail turns to crap a few arcs in.
But was the first few arcs any good?
Old 09-02-2013, 11:44 AM   #34
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maruko View Post
Are you sure it doesn't start earlier?
well I'm not saying its a master piece like some, but I'm not gonna out and out call it a train wreck from day 1 like a lot of folks. It came out and when it came out, one piece aside it was trumping everything in the HST in terms of quality

half way through..it sorta..I guess lost momentum and the writer fell into certain traps shounen writers easily fall into.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollhunter View Post
This is what I mean by negative attitude. What gives you the right to come blowing in to make negative remarks?
my ability to form independent thought and actually analyze what I'm reading beyond simply absorbing words on a piece of paper? My ability to form an opinion then express that opinion to the best my abilities and defend that opinion and challenge or dispute other opinions to the best of said abilities.

Y'know one of the main characteristics that separates Homo Sapiens from other apes?

also don't be a sanctimonious dunce on top of being a liar and a troll- everything about this thread is an under handed insult to everyone who disagreed with you in your prior thread

Quote:
Right now you are the only one who is being a troll.
clearly, not allowing you to continue attacking everyone who disagreed with you in a prior thread nor allowing you to play the victim by coming in here and seeking validation from the sycophants or the ones who simply don't know what you are about...is trolling.

Oh wait no, it's called contributing to the community by cleaning up trash

Quote:
It's clear that you don't like me, who cares.
evidently you do considering this thread is a continuance of your dishonest behavior
Quote:
How ever I don't go creeping the forum looking for ways to mess with you. Dude, you need to get a life. That or some help.
See, this would have more merit if you weren't totally doing what you are doing now. As it stands it comes off like a desperate low blow to try to..again save face

I've always gone after trolls, just look around, this isn't going to change. Either stop your moronic and dishonest conduct or be dealt with.

aint that hard...pretty easy really

Last edited by The Immortal Watch Dog; 09-02-2013 at 11:47 AM.
Old 09-02-2013, 11:46 AM   #35
Uchiha Sora
Has a Keyblade

Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.
Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

IMO the first few arcs were pretty good. I don't remember them all too well though.
It's another series people love to hate. Mainly because of all the one piece rip offs, obscene amounts of fanservice, and terrible writing and fight progression later on in th series

Old 09-02-2013, 12:01 PM   #36
Trollhunter
Super Banned

Quote:
my ability to form independent thought and actually analyze what I'm reading beyond simply absorbing words on a piece of paper? My ability to form an opinion then express that opinion to the best my abilities and defend that opinion and challenge or dispute other opinions to the best of said abilities.

Y'know one of the main characteristics that separates Homo Sapiens from other apes?

also don't be a sanctimonious dunce on top of being a liar and a troll- everything about this thread is an under handed insult to everyone who disagreed with you in your prior thread

clearly, not allowing you to continue attacking everyone who disagreed with you in a prior thread nor allowing you to play the victim by coming in here and seeking validation from the sycophants or the ones who simply don't know what you are about...is trolling.

Oh wait no, it's called contributing to the community by cleaning up trash

evidently you do considering this thread is a continuance of your dishonest behavior

See, this would have more merit if you weren't totally doing what you are doing now. As it stands it comes off like a desperate low blow to try to..again save face

I've always gone after trolls, just look around, this isn't going to change. Either stop your moronic and dishonest conduct or be dealt with.

aint that hard...pretty easy really
So here we are. This what it has come to. I posted this thread as a way to hear what people thought. To see if anyone could give me any idea as to why some people act the way they do. Now I didn't agree with every thing they said, but at the same time I didn't bash them over it. The fact is you are the one comeing off like a troll. You use put downs and name calling as weapons to intimidate and bully. I was willing to keep my distance from you but now I see that's not going to heppen. I'm being very honest about how I feel, and right now I feel that your ego is keeping me from moving on. Hell befor you showed up we started talking about the legend of korra. Like I said it's time to move on. I just going to ignore you, because frankly you are just a waste of my time.
Old 09-02-2013, 12:03 PM   #37
Trollhunter
Super Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha Sora View Post
IMO the first few arcs were pretty good. I don't remember them all too well though.
It's another series people love to hate. Mainly because of all the one piece rip offs, obscene amounts of fanservice, and terrible writing and fight progression later on in th series
Any tips on other manga? Right now all I've been reading is Bleach and Naruto. I need something new.
Old 09-02-2013, 12:04 PM   #38
setsun
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
But was the first few arcs any good?
The first couple arcs are alright nothing obscenely facepalm worthy but like others have said at about the halfway point FT just................how should I put it.... collapses into bland stupidity and mary-sue-ism.

Case in point- in one of the more recent arcs the bad guy has the main cast beaten and completely spent out on energy as well as having them cornered with no way to escape or counter him and the guy is walking up to them to mock them in typical villain fashion and capture them or finsh them off, but instead he gets within ten feet of them and acts like he doesn't have them on the ropes at all.

The guy had them in the palm of his hand and was fully prepared to crush them permanantly and then out of the blue completely surrendersfor no reason whatsoever.

That's how retarded fairy tail winds up being. Not to mention ultra mary sue asspull power ups freaking EVERYWHERE.
Old 09-02-2013, 12:04 PM   #39
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

y not boff
Old 09-02-2013, 12:12 PM   #40
setsun
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Any tips on other manga? Right now all I've been reading is Bleach and Naruto. I need something new.

Hellsing, beserk, bastard!!, saint seiya, slayers, vampire hunter D, birdy the mighty, initial D, great teacher onizuka, jojo's bizzare adventure, zetman, deadman wonderland, soul eater, inuyasha, yuyu hakusho, vagabond, doctor slump, sailor moon, black lagoon, highschool of the dead.

All of those are decent to excellent series and some are even classics
Closed Thread