Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Manga Discussion

Naruto Manga Discussion All the latest discussions about the Naruto manga (beware, spoilers abound).

Old 07-23-2013, 11:52 PM   #41
Chi Rothschild
Special Jonin Candidate

Chi Rothschild just might be Kage someday.
Chi Rothschild just might be Kage someday.Chi Rothschild just might be Kage someday.Chi Rothschild just might be Kage someday.Chi Rothschild just might be Kage someday.Chi Rothschild just might be Kage someday.Chi Rothschild just might be Kage someday.Chi Rothschild just might be Kage someday.Chi Rothschild just might be Kage someday.Chi Rothschild just might be Kage someday.Chi Rothschild just might be Kage someday.
Exclamation Re: Naruto Chapter 640

Do Sasquack and Naruto alone even have a chance against *him*?

I don't think so.

Maybe the Kage team + Oro-team will come in handy.
Chi Rothschild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:15 AM   #42
koshej
Chunin

koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.
Default Re: Naruto Chapter 640

Yet another idiotic chapter.
Juubito wasted 10 pages on gluing a photo-memory.
Only to end up the same psycho he was beforehand...
The only potentially positive side of this is that we MIGHT see some NH or SS moment due to Juubito actually thinking about *WOMEN*.
koshej is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:34 AM   #43
BoxHead
P-P-P-PENTAKILL
Kuzan

BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

I don't know why kishi decided to make the chapter really dark by having him torn apart, but good job on that aspect. Goodbito is on the rise though >_>

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Click for our savior:
Spoiler:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

BoxHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:45 AM   #44
and17y1
Chunin Exam Participant

and17y1 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.and17y1 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.and17y1 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.and17y1 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.and17y1 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

This is what happened in my opinion:
The pages where Obito is shown to be torn apart is actually in his mind where Juubi is trying to take control over his inner self (or body). BUt then Obito reminds himself about Rin and gets stronger.

Still cant figure out how did he get that staff.

and17y1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:46 AM   #45
Jonesy
likes to post-it post-it
Konoha Military Force

Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Something tells me we're gonna learn who Naruto got his "talking bad guys into being good" powers from. That is Minato's ultimate jutsu.
Jonesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 01:44 AM   #46
koshej
Chunin

koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Was I the ONLY one to think of Sakuyamon?
(I spammed this idea over DA. )
koshej is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 02:02 AM   #47
BMC1994
Special Jonin Candidate
BG Moderator

BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

So we still havent seent minatos rasen chou blah blah jutsu.

And obito should just die. *sigh*

Quote:
on black person kage when his susuano grabbed him and he put him in ms genjutsu with tsuki.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Souret
Yes
BMC1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 02:19 AM   #48
Maruko
Special Jonin Candidate

Maruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFKMaruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFK
Maruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFKMaruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFK

Awards Showcase

Obito looks effing epic!
Maruko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 02:23 AM   #49
Sagepain
............... The Original Sage

Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Sagepain

Quote:
Originally Posted by and17y1 View Post
Still cant figure out how did he get that staff.
The staff looks like its made out of that four element combination jutsu. It even sliced though Minato's kunai like butter with just the shaft portion of the staff.

Sagepain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 04:50 AM   #50
Naruto321
Super-Duper Mod

Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to Naruto321 Send a message via Skype™ to Naruto321

I think Obito has reached its final form

Naruto321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 04:58 AM   #51
javierjiminy
Special Jonin Candidate

javierjiminy is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.javierjiminy is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.javierjiminy is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.javierjiminy is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.javierjiminy is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.javierjiminy is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.javierjiminy is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.javierjiminy is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.javierjiminy is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.javierjiminy is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.javierjiminy is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.javierjiminy is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.javierjiminy is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

This chapter is so horrible that words can't describe it. 0 out of 5 for me. Next week better improve and tell more of a story instead of making Obito a hax.
javierjiminy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 05:34 AM   #52
DrKage
Chunin Exam Participant

DrKage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.DrKage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.DrKage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.DrKage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.DrKage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.DrKage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.DrKage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Not sure where to go on that. I mean, right at the end when the this is a'sploding, does anyone think it's going to end up hurting anyone? Sasuke will probably just Susannoo or Minato will teleport them away or teleport away with the explosion chakra. Who know. And I was kind of thinking of Earthbound during the ripping stuff. I think it has to do with how people told Naruto and A (regarding B) that the jinchurriki needs something to fill their heart so they won't be overcome by the tailed beast. Obito felt himself being overcome but remembered Rin and his old team to pull him back into control.
DrKage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 06:08 AM   #53
SilentBlade
Special Jonin Candidate

SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

This is getting painful to read. Now Obito is the main bad guy instead of Madara who is probably just looking at him like "seriously man, what the hell!" At this point I could just see Obito blowing him away and being the bad guy period...which irks the crap out of me since they took a great character and dragged him through the mud for no other reason than fan service.

In the chapter he is still screaming about Rin, the whole thing is just stupid now. I really hope this ends in the next 60 chapters at 700, I don't know how well this ending will pull the series together, but honestly I think it peaked at the end of Pains invasion and has gone down hill ever since.

SilentBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 06:18 AM   #54
Poodle
Chunin Exam Participant

Poodle has completed a tough C-rank mission!Poodle has completed a tough C-rank mission!

more retarded puzzle solving...so Naruto used his arms to grab sasuke, minato, and swing them all to Gamato when obito had their heads in his palms? and Obito couldn't even realize he lost grasp until he missed them with his spike? ughh...i guess he has no sense of feel?

i also assume only reason Sasuke made a mental note of Minato FTG needing to be touching his object is to explain why he couldn't get to them? not for future memory when he truns on them?

its like the more action there is with higher powers the more ridiculous it is trying to figure out is going on....man why couldn't the anime come before the manga...why o why.
Poodle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:21 AM   #55
Namikaze_Naruto
Genin

Namikaze_Naruto is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Namikaze_Naruto is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Namikaze_Naruto is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Namikaze_Naruto is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Namikaze_Naruto is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poodle View Post
more retarded puzzle solving...so Naruto used his arms to grab sasuke, minato, and swing them all to Gamato when obito had their heads in his palms? and Obito couldn't even realize he lost grasp until he missed them with his spike? ughh...i guess he has no sense of feel?

i also assume only reason Sasuke made a mental note of Minato FTG needing to be touching his object is to explain why he couldn't get to them? not for future memory when he truns on them?

its like the more action there is with higher powers the more ridiculous it is trying to figure out is going on....man why couldn't the anime come before the manga...why o why.
What puzzle are you talking about? Naruto grabbed both Minato and Sasuke, this allowed Minato to FTG then all away from Obito. There is a panel where Sasuke remembers Minato saying "It only works on something that either I or my chakra are touching in some way," and Minato then saying "I see my son is keeping up with Sasuke-kun" in reference to his insight / cleverness during battle. That's not a puzzle, that's pretty straight forward.

In a translation I read, it had Minato saying "we must defeat him while he still can't control his body." To me, I took the "obito being ripped apart" piece as Juubi overpowering his mind, which is why he wasn't able to control his body. This does keep aligned with what we know about jinchuriki gaining control over their bijuu. Obito was full of hate, so he was getting owned by Juubi. He ended up choosing love over hate, at the last moment, and because of this he was able to gain control.

Now, having said that above, I don't think Obito is a good guy now. Love is the reason he gained his MS, has been a factor (at least a little) in his decision to enact the Moon's Eye Plan, and now how he has gained control of Juubi because of it. He still want's to erase this world, most likely he now believes even more strongly that he is doing the right thing.

I don't think he has gone full Rikudo, though. Not that he isn't as powerful as Rikudo, but that he isn't truly the second coming of Rikudo. The symbols on his back are still different than those we have seen on Rikudo, which makes me think that he is more of a faulty duplicate than a true duplicate. Perhaps the juubi has more influence / control on Obito than it did with Rikudo?
Namikaze_Naruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:41 AM   #56
Rezeon
Genin

Rezeon is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rezeon is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rezeon is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rezeon is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Well at least Naruto did something this time, it wasn't until the second page that I realized the Kyuubi-arms were Naruto's and not Minato's. Those two look way to similar at a glance...

Honestly, I've never been a fan of excessive dismemberment in stories, so watching Obito get torn apart like that didn't sit well with me, but he got better so I won't dwell on it. I will make mention of it though as it seemed to be tied into the Juubi ripping apart his mind causing him to lose some of his memories. Then they came back when he forced himself back together.

Personally I haven't been a fan of Tobi-Obito (ruined an otherwise nice kid for no compelling story reasons), so I think I would have almost preferred that Juubi overwhelmed Obito and took over completely. It would have been a nice reminder that the demons aren't toys to be played with for petty reasons.

That staff that Obito gained is most definitely made of the same stuff as his orb attacks. The sticky-Bijuudama is an amusing way to deal with a teleporter. Considering the last bijuudama that was used in this chapter imploded rather than exploding I wonder what kind of damage this small one will do.

It seems Kishi has completely forgotten about Bee, I don't think we have seen him since he did the point blank bijuudama back before the Kages were summoned. Considering he is also a full master of his bijuu powers I think it is a shame he got sidelined so quickly.
Rezeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 08:51 AM   #57
Satsuki
Chunin Exam Proctor

Satsuki completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Satsuki completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Satsuki completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Satsuki completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Satsuki completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Satsuki completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Satsuki completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Satsuki completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Satsuki completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Satsuki completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Satsuki completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Satsuki completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Might as well make him more hax and change Juubito's appearance again.
^-^
Swordsmith of the Summit Village
(and proud)
"Memories of your past can be forgotten, but you must never forget your origin."

align="center">
_/\/\/\_~~~~~~_/\/\/\_
^-^
^-^
-------
Satsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 08:58 AM   #58
BMC1994
Special Jonin Candidate
BG Moderator

BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maruko View Post
Obito looks effing epic!
He looks like a bijuu mode clone which already was a SO6P clone.

Its everything except original or epic.

Quote:
on black person kage when his susuano grabbed him and he put him in ms genjutsu with tsuki.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Souret
Yes
BMC1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:33 AM   #59
Vocaloid
Special Jonin Candidate

Vocaloid completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vocaloid completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vocaloid completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vocaloid completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vocaloid completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vocaloid completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vocaloid completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vocaloid completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vocaloid completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vocaloid completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vocaloid completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vocaloid completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Awards Showcase

So...is this how the rest of the chapters are going to go?

339: "Oh no! Sasuke and Naruto are in trouble! Will they survive?!"

340: "Lol DUH they're the main characters of course I won't kill th- but wait! They're in trouble again! Is this the end for them?!"

When 341 comes out: "Trolololo did you guys really fall for that? HAHAHA."

These recent chapters have been so boring and predictable.

Vocaloid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:45 AM   #60
TheMightyAl
Apprentice Genin

TheMightyAl saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!TheMightyAl saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

This is turning into a playground fight.

Obito: I threw a ball at you! You turn into dust and die!

Everyone else: Nuh-uh! We teleported away and dodged it!

Obito: Well I went underground, came up and grabbed your heads! And then I rubbed the seal off so that you can't teleport to me now! I'm going to crush you to death!

Naruto: Nuh-uh! I used my magic arms to grab the others so we can teleport away from you!

Obito: Well I stuck an exploding ball to Minato's arm so that it teleports too! It'll blow you all up!

I'm predicting the next chapter will have Minato teleporting it away, then Obito turns all of the ground into lava. Then everyone else says that he can't do that, causing Obito to run away crying, where he'll then tell the teachers the other kids were bullying him.
TheMightyAl is offline   Reply With Quote