Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Cutting Edge > Debate Forum

Debate Forum Debate interesting non-Naruto topics. All forum rules apply.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2013, 06:50 AM   #41
Gaara-Shukaku
King of the Jörmungandr!
Looking for that something
 
Gaara-Shukaku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Success is not about where you stand, but the direction in which you look.
Posts: 8,157
Rep Power: 40
Gaara-Shukaku is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Gaara-Shukaku is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Gaara-Shukaku is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Gaara-Shukaku is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Gaara-Shukaku is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Gaara-Shukaku is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Gaara-Shukaku is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Gaara-Shukaku is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via ICQ to Gaara-Shukaku Send a message via AIM to Gaara-Shukaku Send a message via MSN to Gaara-Shukaku Send a message via Yahoo to Gaara-Shukaku Send a message via Skype™ to Gaara-Shukaku
Default Re: Does age matter?

People tend to look for people a little older, because they have experienced more in life, and they will feel a lot more secure being with someone older, as long as the participants in a relationship are happy and are not classed as children then I suppose it is okay. Although things may become a bit weird, as if there is a big age gap, then milestones shared between the couple will be a lot different, and there will not be as much understanding within discussions and so on.. also retirement will be taking a bit of a toll aswell, as one may be working while the other is retired with a pension, just as Crackfat has mentioned, I don't think many people understand love, because I have noticed in a few 13/14 year olds on my facebook feed, saying things like "OMG, baby girl I love you so much, can't wait to have kinds and get married, I am never losing you". They had been going out approximately 4 days. If you are mature then I suppose aslong as age appropriate and you do not engage in sexual intercourse till it is legal, then that is fine. With older couples even if the age range is massive say 20 years + there will always be a lot to talk about. How jobs went, past relationships, holidays and so on. 14 year olds can talk about maybe the occasional holiday and school. If you see where I am coming from.
__________________
Just because you were dealt a bad hand, it doesn't mean you will lose the game!


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Quote:
Shika did, I did it, Shukaku did it..you got put in your place by half a dozen people.
Quote:
They favor you Gaara-Shukaku. Now is your time to ascend to a higher level of forum being. YOU have been chosen. Accept your fate.
Quote:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
gs...man you look really zoned out.

You're my hero :3
Gaara-Shukaku is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 06:53 AM   #42
Maruko
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Maruko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 17,419
Rep Power: 61
Maruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFKMaruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFK
Maruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFKMaruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFK

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Does age matter?

Gaara-Shukaku having older women for sexual partners, like a baws.
Maruko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 06:53 AM   #43
CrackFat
Jacqass
 
CrackFat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: i want to be pregnat with ur gardenign seed pink ninja amke me a flower
Posts: 12,547
Rep Power: 27
CrackFat is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.CrackFat is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
CrackFat is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.CrackFat is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.CrackFat is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Does age matter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maruko View Post
That's why I said usually. Seems like we misunderstand each other. Crap.
And poop too.
Well, yes, it was my opinion.
Opinions on the internet are almost like clashing religions at times.
Would you date a 43 year old?
Spoiler:

You are mature, but could you handle that?
I couldn't. I couldn't even try and start that relationship, because I know I'd fail.
I don't know what I'd talk to someone that old.
I wouldn't want to, no way. Besides I'm already in a committed relationship and practically living together with someone who's only 2 years older. But just because my mom would doesn't mean I think she's wrong. Whatever floats her boat right.

A friend of mine is dating a 30-something year old who treats her well and with respect, so if she's happy that way amen. But I wouldn't be able to do it. Their impending death would hang over my head at all times. They are guaranteed to die a lot sooner than you and that's something I'd have a hard time dealing with. Just like my dad won't be around for much longer.

Quote:
And when I say 20, you don't have to take literally as 7300 days... There's more to language than spoken word. /done trying to be smart-ass
If I did then I wouldn't have mentioned my parents.
__________________
Ag_Surfr doesn't surf.

Last edited by CrackFat; 07-24-2013 at 07:00 AM.
CrackFat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 06:59 AM   #44
Maruko
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Maruko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 17,419
Rep Power: 61
Maruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFKMaruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFK
Maruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFKMaruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFK

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Does age matter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CracKFat
Opinions on the internet are almost like clashing religions at times.
I like that. If you want some heresy and utter BS read Alter2Ego's threads.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackFat
I wouldn't want to, no way.
Me effing neither.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackFat
A friend of mine is dating a 30-something year old who treats her well and with respect, so if she's happy that way amen. But I wouldn't be able to do it. Their impending death would hang over my head at all times. They are guaranteed to die a lot sooner than you and that's something I'd have a hard time dealing with. Just like my dad won't be around for much longer.
I had ex classmates who dated grown-ass men and then cried to everyone when they broke up. They expect a man who has kids OUR AGE to talk to them about their high school problems? To club wit them? But ''THEY WERE IN LUV BB''
I kinda laughed.
Your friend is, I assume, your age, and has common ground with a man a bit older than her.
Maruko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:00 AM   #45
Gaara-Shukaku
King of the Jörmungandr!
Looking for that something
 
Gaara-Shukaku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Success is not about where you stand, but the direction in which you look.
Posts: 8,157
Rep Power: 40
Gaara-Shukaku is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Gaara-Shukaku is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Gaara-Shukaku is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Gaara-Shukaku is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Gaara-Shukaku is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Gaara-Shukaku is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Gaara-Shukaku is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Gaara-Shukaku is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via ICQ to Gaara-Shukaku Send a message via AIM to Gaara-Shukaku Send a message via MSN to Gaara-Shukaku Send a message via Yahoo to Gaara-Shukaku Send a message via Skype™ to Gaara-Shukaku
Default Re: Does age matter?

@Maruko: haha.
Crackfats Mum is not wrong, it all comes down to personel preferences and maturity I find, if an 18 year old is mature enough to go out with a 30 year old then go on ahead. Some people like age gaps that are big some do not.
__________________
Just because you were dealt a bad hand, it doesn't mean you will lose the game!


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Quote:
Shika did, I did it, Shukaku did it..you got put in your place by half a dozen people.
Quote:
They favor you Gaara-Shukaku. Now is your time to ascend to a higher level of forum being. YOU have been chosen. Accept your fate.
Quote:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
gs...man you look really zoned out.

You're my hero :3
Gaara-Shukaku is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:02 AM   #46
Maruko
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Maruko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 17,419
Rep Power: 61
Maruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFKMaruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFK
Maruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFKMaruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFK

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Does age matter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaara-Shukaku View Post
@Maruko: haha.
Crackfats Mum is not wrong, it all comes down to personel preferences and maturity I find, if an 18 year old is mature enough to go out with a 30 year old then go on ahead. Some people like age gaps that are big some do not.
Hence me saying: ''Usually.''
Maruko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:06 AM   #47
CrackFat
Jacqass
 
CrackFat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: i want to be pregnat with ur gardenign seed pink ninja amke me a flower
Posts: 12,547
Rep Power: 27
CrackFat is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.CrackFat is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
CrackFat is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.CrackFat is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.CrackFat is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Does age matter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maruko View Post
I like that. If you want some heresy and utter BS read Alter2Ego's threads.
Alter2Ego? One is not enough?
Me effing neither.

I had ex classmates who dated grown-ass men and then cried to everyone when they broke up. They expect a man who has kids OUR AGE to talk to them about their high school problems? To club wit them? But ''THEY WERE IN LUV BB''
I kinda laughed.
Your friend is, I assume, your age, and has common ground with a man a bit older than her.
That's just being stupid, it says a lot about those grown ass men and about those girls too. They often want older men because they have cars and jobs (no matter how shitty) aka moneeeey which will make their friends jealous because omg a car is soooo cool. The grown men want the younger kids because they're not very intellectually evolved, meaning they most likely can't handle a woman their own age. Just look at Onision who's 27 and keeps dating 18 year olds. Mostly because the older women won't put up with his immature crap.

She's 20 and a very funny, lighthearted person. They look adorable together and her man is quite a catch tbh.
Spoiler:
__________________
Ag_Surfr doesn't surf.
CrackFat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:13 AM   #48
Maruko
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Maruko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 17,419
Rep Power: 61
Maruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFKMaruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFK
Maruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFKMaruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFK

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Does age matter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackFat
That's just being stupid, it says a lot about those grown ass men and about those girls too. They often want older men because they have cars and jobs (no matter how shitty) aka moneeeey. The grown men want the younger kids because they're not very intellectually evolved, meaning they most likely can't handle a woman their own age. Just look at Onision who's 27 and keeps dating 18 year olds. Mostly because the older women won't put up with his immature crap.
It is dumb and they were told it was dumb on my occasion, though only by male students, since the girls are all supportive when it comes to their friends being 'insulted' and corrected. White knighting someone who engages in a pseudo-pedophile activity and later crying because it could not work is retarded and needs to be corrected by any means.
They want younger kids because it's easier to get a little hs girl who's pretty much seen 0 of what life is than a grown woman with brain and principles. (And it's apparently badass to show your friends how you're having a teenage girl in your car, because, dude, you're so cool and young-looking, real gentleman and a kind man)
I meet a classmate, and I don't know if she's with her father, grandfather or boyfriend for god's sake.
If they didn't whine and sulk every two days I wouldn't care; just don't go with all 'we're happy' BS in the first place, right? If you say something is good then don't blame others for your god damned mistakes and reality you face later.
tl;dr most of girls from my ex-school were stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackFat
Alter2Ego? One is not enough?
He probably has more.

Last edited by Maruko; 07-24-2013 at 07:42 AM.
Maruko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:37 AM   #49
CrackFat
Jacqass
 
CrackFat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: i want to be pregnat with ur gardenign seed pink ninja amke me a flower
Posts: 12,547
Rep Power: 27
CrackFat is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.CrackFat is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
CrackFat is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.CrackFat is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.CrackFat is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Does age matter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maruko View Post
It is dumb and they were told it was dumb on my occasion, though only by male students, since the girls are all supportive when it comes to their friends being 'insulted' and corrected. White knighting someone who engages in a pseudo-pedophile activity and later crying because it could not work is retarded and needs to be corrected by any means.
They want younger kids because it's easier to get a little hs girl who's pretty much seen 0 of what life is than a grown woman with brain and principles. (And it's apparently badass to show your friends how you're having a teenage girl in your car, because, dude, you're so cool and young-looking, real gentleman and a kind man)
I meet a classmate, and I don't know if she's with her father, grandfather or boyfriend for god's sake.
If they didn't whine and sulk every two days I wouldn't care; just don't go with all 'we're happy' BS in the first place, right? If you say something is good then don't blame others for your god damned mistakes and reality you face later.
tl;dr most of girls from my ex-school were stupid.
Most teenagers/kids in general tend to be pretty stupid, what with their prefrontal cortex not being properly developed yet.
__________________
Ag_Surfr doesn't surf.
CrackFat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 02:30 PM   #50
Ninja of Cao
Banned
 
Ninja of Cao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The Kingdom of Sweden.
Posts: 6,059
Rep Power: 0
Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Yahoo to Ninja of Cao
Default Re: Does age matter?

My parents have a ten year gap between them (65 and 55 at the moment), but they are divorced by now. Personally I think that it's most suitable to be with someone around your own age. Then you'll most likely share similar interests, even though there are adults interested in Star Wars and twelve year olds who discuss global politics...

However, large age gaps can obviously be illegal and/or simply disgusting. What I don't understand is why it's illegal for a 16 year old to be with a 14 year old, but legal for a 20 year old to be with an 80 year old... the latter is far more disgusting in my opinion. It's a two year difference vs a sixty year difference, and you are capable of making relationship-based decisions at an early age. It's your own choice - but also your own responsibility - who you choose to be with. If two people want to be together then no one should stop them, regardless of gender, ethnicity or age (with the exception of adults being with people under 15, of course, as that would be pedophilia).
Ninja of Cao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 02:56 PM   #51
setsun
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 5,080
Rep Power: 15
setsun just might be Kage someday.
setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.
Default Re: Does age matter?

Cao in pretty much every society its perfectly legal for a 16 and 14 year old to be in a relationship in fact it is also fine for a 15 year old and 13 year old in many cases as they are both minors of relatively similar age.

In the case for the 20 and 80 year old it is legal because they are both consenting adults. However in this case it is often considered extraordinarily unorthodox and generally frowned upon but legal nonetheless
setsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 03:01 PM   #52
DemonKato
Chunin Exam Participant
 
DemonKato's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Just cruising around on my flying nimbus
Posts: 696
Rep Power: 6
DemonKato is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.DemonKato is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.DemonKato is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.DemonKato is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.DemonKato is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.DemonKato is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.DemonKato is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.DemonKato is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.DemonKato is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.DemonKato is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.DemonKato is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.
Send a message via MSN to DemonKato
Default Re: Does age matter?

Personally id say age matters for a relationship. Say a 21 year old goes out with a 30 year old or higher id say that would be bad as its 2 different generations it would probably end up just being a phsyical relationship with no emotions for each other because after a while they would run out of things to talk about and get bored of each other. imo i say dont go any more than 3 maybe 4 years (depending on age of the youngest ofc) higher or lower because that way you will have similar interest's so you may have certain hobbies you could enjoy together rather than it just be a relationship that only works in the bedroom.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Mankind's enemy are not Demons, But human beings like themselves

DemonKato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 03:01 PM   #53
Maruko
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Maruko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 17,419
Rep Power: 61
Maruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFKMaruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFK
Maruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFKMaruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFK

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Does age matter?

What I find funny is how if you sleep with a chick who he is 2 days away from being 18, it is illegal... like she's gonna be more mature after 2 days. Hilarious, but oh well.
Maruko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 03:13 PM   #54
setsun
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 5,080
Rep Power: 15
setsun just might be Kage someday.
setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.
Default Re: Does age matter?

Well it's because that creates a sliperry slope that can be abused with ABC logical fallacies which the only thing more ridiculous is when say a 19-20 year old and 15-16 year old. And then justifying the activity with "but we love each other so it shouldn't matter!!!!" Especially when said 20 year old uses the opposite point of view when discussing gay marriage by implieing it makes a precedent for bestiality and flagpole humping

BTW the above is describing someone I know IRL
setsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 04:37 PM   #55
CrackFat
Jacqass
 
CrackFat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: i want to be pregnat with ur gardenign seed pink ninja amke me a flower
Posts: 12,547
Rep Power: 27
CrackFat is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.CrackFat is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
CrackFat is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.CrackFat is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.CrackFat is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Does age matter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonKato View Post
Personally id say age matters for a relationship. Say a 21 year old goes out with a 30 year old or higher id say that would be bad as its 2 different generations it would probably end up just being a phsyical relationship with no emotions for each other because after a while they would run out of things to talk about and get bored of each other. imo i say dont go any more than 3 maybe 4 years (depending on age of the youngest ofc) higher or lower because that way you will have similar interest's so you may have certain hobbies you could enjoy together rather than it just be a relationship that only works in the bedroom.
Soooooo my friend and her boyfriend are only in a relationship for the sex? And so are my parents who have been married happily for years now? That's quite the ignorant assumption to make. I've seen a couple on tv with a very young male and a much older female. They were considered a taboo seeing as his wife was older than his mom, however does this mean they were only together for sex? No. They loved each other very much and found that even though there was an age gap, they could still relate. They were happy and that, along with being mature enough to consent, is all that really matters.

And even if two people are only together for sex? Is that a bad thing? Of course not. Not if they feel like that's what will make them happy. People are all different and unique and I think the best way for everyone to get along is to respect different lifestyles and life choices as long as those lifestyles and choices cause no harm to others.
__________________
Ag_Surfr doesn't surf.
CrackFat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 04:49 PM   #56
setsun
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 5,080
Rep Power: 15
setsun just might be Kage someday.
setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.
Default Re: Does age matter?

More like a generalization but ignorant nonetheless. However it is understandable because statistics indicate that the further apart two people are in age the less compatibl they are romantically but it does not preclude any such relationship to be destined to fail due to a multitude of different variables

Such variables include the maturity and interests and hobbies of the individuals. For example if two people of legal age have the same interest in movies or similar political leanings they become a certain degree more compatible
setsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 04:55 PM   #57
CrackFat
Jacqass
 
CrackFat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: i want to be pregnat with ur gardenign seed pink ninja amke me a flower
Posts: 12,547
Rep Power: 27
CrackFat is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.CrackFat is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
CrackFat is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.CrackFat is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.CrackFat is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Does age matter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by setsun View Post
More like a generalization but ignorant nonetheless. However it is understandable because statistics indicate that the further apart two people are in age the less compatibl they are romantically but it does not preclude any such relationship to be destined to fail due to a multitude of different variables

Such variables include the maturity and interests and hobbies of the individuals. For example if two people of legal age have the same interest in movies or similar political leanings they become a certain degree more compatible
I do agree that the success rate of relationships with a large age gap, in general, isn't something to write home about... However that doesn't mean we should assume that if something doesn't work for x amount of people, it won't work for anyone. We also shouldn't assume other people's reasons for entering a relationship, those are often personal and should be respected to a certain degree. Now if the relationship is unhealthy, abusive or just plain wrong (aka pedophiles or incest), then we have the right to interfere and judge. At least in my opinion I guess.
__________________
Ag_Surfr doesn't surf.
CrackFat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 05:04 PM   #58
setsun
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 5,080
Rep Power: 15
setsun just might be Kage someday.
setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.
Default Re: Does age matter?

No argument with that on my part
setsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 05:20 PM   #59
DemonKato
Chunin Exam Participant
 
DemonKato's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Just cruising around on my flying nimbus
Posts: 696
Rep Power: 6
DemonKato is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.DemonKato is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.DemonKato is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.DemonKato is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.DemonKato is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.DemonKato is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.DemonKato is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.DemonKato is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.DemonKato is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.DemonKato is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.DemonKato is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.
Send a message via MSN to DemonKato
Default Re: Does age matter?

@CrackFat
i never meant to imply anything like that i was just trying to say most of those relationships dont go well long term, some do go well and they may be really happy together, i know of this 1 nineteen year old lad in my area who is happily married to a 31 year old but again he's the only one out of thousands of people i know making it uncommon imo
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Mankind's enemy are not Demons, But human beings like themselves

DemonKato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 05:41 PM   #60
CrackFat
Jacqass
 
CrackFat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: i want to be pregnat with ur gardenign seed pink ninja amke me a flower
Posts: 12,547
Rep Power: 27
CrackFat is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.CrackFat is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
CrackFat is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.CrackFat is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.CrackFat is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Does age matter?

It's uncommon yes, for logical reasons, and I do understand what you were aiming at; HOWEVER the way you worded it did make it sound as if you generalized all who entered a relationship with an age gap. Which can be your opinion but remember that generalizing is always bad.
__________________
Ag_Surfr doesn't surf.
CrackFat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
age, relationships


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.