Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Battlegrounds Versus Debates > Omniverse

Omniverse Anything goes in this forum. Any multiverse, any singleverse, any fight. Just know in advance that Kakashi can't beat Superman.

Old 07-13-2013, 12:24 PM   #21
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shukketsu View Post
The size dissonance we're talking for common T-rex encounters with other creatures are several meters either way - nothing close to double the height. There is some truth to your post, but certain species of Hadrosaur were about the only things a T-Rex would have voluntarily hunted that were larger than them, and even then they almost never fought back - they were far too flighty. Of course, that's not to say that Rexy loses, merely that people really shouldn't underestimate the advantage of size and bulk, especially to this degree.
I've heard the theory that mammals are just plane tougher than dino's of comparable size not sure what the basis for that is. This thing can kick a Rex with its weight more or less in the face and I'm not liking that not being a near crippling injury but it's something a predator like the Rex should expect
Quote:
As for the infectious bacteria, that is pure conjecture at this point. It was a theory raised a while back, but as far as I'm aware hasn't been adequately supported.
seems more like something from a scavenger

Quote:
Edit: I think I see an issue. Your measurements in the OP, where did you get them from?
My estimates are running off of this, as it seems to be the only genus which fits the description and image provided in the OP and of which any reasonably amount of information is known.
16 feet at the shoulder and twenty six feet long are the dimensions given for the largest. The Rex average from thirty to forty some

Para seems outweigh the heaviest Rexes though by several tons and seems to be a few feet taller, it's not that dramatic of a size gap..the weight issue is but Rex's hunted animals that outweighed it

Quote:
Originally Posted by 321zigzag3 View Post
Was it not the hippo considered to be one of the most dangerous animals to human beings?
Hippos and Rogue elephants have the highest body counts outside of venomous animals and the like

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Immortal Watch Dog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 01:06 PM   #22
Shukketsu
Genin Elite

Shukketsu finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Shukketsu finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Shukketsu finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Shukketsu finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Shukketsu finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Shukketsu finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Shukketsu finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Shukketsu finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Shukketsu finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.
Default Re: a T-Rex vs a giant Rhino thing

Quote:
I've heard the theory that mammals are just plane tougher than dino's of comparable size not sure what the basis for that is. This thing can kick a Rex with its weight more or less in the face and I'm not liking that not being a near crippling injury but it's something a predator like the Rex should expect
I've come across such a theory before too, however, I'm also not aware of how it came about. At any rate, yes, a kick from something of this size and with it's weight will cause severe damage, even to a T-Rex.
Quote:
16 feet at the shoulder and twenty six feet long are the dimensions given for the largest. The Rex average from thirty to forty some
I underestimated the length of a T-Rex, however, 16ft at the shoulder plus the additional height gained when it holds it's head high (which, when confronted by a Predator, it would do, if isn't already), and it's got a decent advantage in terms of height, which also helps it leverage it's kicks.
Quote:
Para seems outweigh the heaviest Rexes though by several tons and seems to be a few feet taller, it's not that dramatic of a size gap..the weight issue is but Rex's hunted animals that outweighed it
I know. My point was that T-Rex's did indeed hunt down larger and/or heavier animals, but not necessarily to this extent, and not of those sizes animals that would stand and fight back. Certain species of Hadrosaur (of which Parasaurolophus is one of) were larger and/or heavier, but tended to run away when confronted.

The Indricothere has noteworthy advantages in terms of size and weight, and given that it is not capable of rapid locomotion, when confronted by a Predator, it would ready itself to fight.

Last edited by Shukketsu; 07-13-2013 at 01:08 PM.
Shukketsu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 03:04 PM   #23
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
I've come across such a theory before too, however, I'm also not aware of how it came about. At any rate, yes, a kick from something of this size and with it's weight will cause severe damage, even to a T-Rex.
if it can kick it in the jaw it could go as far as snapping the Rex's neck

I think it stems from Mammals on average being able to be much heavier than Dinosaurs, even the largest Dino on record, while some estimates place it at a hundred feet longer than a blue whale (which I find bullcrap likely closer to fifty or so feet) a large blue would still weigh a hundred plus tons more than it.

The largest Steppe Mammoths weigh about as much if not more than what they think Sue would weigh..I guess it comes from that. That the ability of a body that heavy to take the wear and tear of just moving around.

personally it seems too much speculation, we really can only guess at how much Dinosaurs weighed..and considering they were very likely warm blooded and you had species like the Dimetrodon which was mammalian enough IIRC to be considered a possible ancestor to mammals or a completely separate species from all other Dinos..leaves it as shoddy guess work at best..institutionalized mammal wank at worse

Quote:
]I underestimated the length of a T-Rex, however, 16ft at the shoulder plus the additional height gained when it holds it's head high (which, when confronted by a Predator, it would do, if isn't already), and it's got a decent advantage in terms of height, which also helps it leverage it's kicks.
I know. My point was that T-Rex's did indeed hunt down larger and/or heavier animals, but not necessarily to this extent, and not of those sizes animals that would stand and fight back. Certain species of Hadrosaur (of which Parasaurolophus is one of) were larger and/or heavier, but tended to run away when confronted.
preferred Hadrosaurs but my understanding is they have found Rex bones with injuries from horns and spikes- suggesting either dumbass Rex's went for it..or they did it when starving
Quote:
The Indricothere has noteworthy advantages in terms of size and weight, and given that it is not capable of rapid locomotion, when confronted by a Predator, it would ready itself to fight.
my issue is temperament if its attitude is anything like an elephant or Hippos then the Rex is going to end up in a really nasty brawl

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-13-2013, 05:06 PM   #24
Shukketsu
Genin Elite

Shukketsu finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Shukketsu finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Shukketsu finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Shukketsu finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Shukketsu finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Shukketsu finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Shukketsu finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Shukketsu finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Shukketsu finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Quote:
if it can kick it in the jaw it could go as far as snapping the Rex's neck
I'm not sure about snapping a T-Rex's neck outright, because that thing is a compacted pile of hyper-dense musculature and thick bone. However, it would definitely suffer severe blunt trauma.
Quote:
I think it stems from Mammals on average being able to be much heavier than Dinosaurs, even the largest Dino on record, while some estimates place it at a hundred feet longer than a blue whale (which I find bullcrap likely closer to fifty or so feet) a large blue would still weigh a hundred plus tons more than it.
The only 'Dinosaur' I've heard of anyone placing even near the size of the Blue Whale was Liopleurodon, and that turned out to be a false estimate.
Quote:
personally it seems too much speculation, we really can only guess at how much Dinosaurs weighed..and considering they were very likely warm blooded and you had species like the Dimetrodon which was mammalian enough IIRC to be considered a possible ancestor to mammals or a completely separate species from all other Dinos..leaves it as shoddy guess work at best..institutionalized mammal wank at worse
Most experts seem to agree that Dinosaurs were indeed warm-blooded (one of the key points originally used to differentiate them from modern reptiles, who were believed to be their closest descendants for the longest time), as for the Dimetrodon, that one is far more complicated. Dimetrodon is unofficially classed as a 'mammal-like reptile', coming from a time before the Dinosaurs and representing a key component in the evolution of mammals, being one of the first creatures to deviate from a previously reptile-dominated landscape. The lineage of Dimetrodon would go on to see reptiles develop more mammal-like qualities until eventually making a full-blown split into mammals.
Quote:
preferred Hadrosaurs but my understanding is they have found Rex bones with injuries from horns and spikes- suggesting either dumbass Rex's went for it..or they did it when starving
Most Hadrosaurs lacked implements to create those types of wounds. Ceratopsians, most notably, Triceratops, were probably the main culprits, and were a common sight during the Cretacious period (depending on the region, of course.)
Quote:
my issue is temperament if its attitude is anything like an elephant or Hippos then the Rex is going to end up in a really nasty brawl
Males would often compete fiercely for territory, and youngsters were generally forced away from their mothers from a young age and thus had to develop survival skills and be capable of / inclined to drive off Predators alone, however, that could be said about a number of species, so I'm at somewhat of a loss in this regard. From what little I know, they aren't easily intimidated nor are they ones to back down from a fight over something important, however, there didn't exist a Predator with quite the same threat-level as a T-Rex that they would have commonly encountered, so again, I'm not certain.

Last edited by Shukketsu; 07-13-2013 at 05:11 PM.
Old 07-13-2013, 07:19 PM   #25
setsun
Special Jonin Candidate

setsun just might be Kage someday.
setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.

OT: IIRC the largest predatory land dinosour was the allosaur

As per the topic. Hmmmmmm not quite sure. Rex might have trouble getting through the skin in some places.

This one vs one or does the rex have to deal with a group of theses things?
setsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 12:54 AM   #26
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote:
I'm not sure about snapping a T-Rex's neck outright, because that thing is a compacted pile of hyper-dense musculature and thick bone. However, it would definitely suffer severe blunt trauma.
ten ton kick to the face? Shattered jaw and messed up neck at the best

Quote:
The only 'Dinosaur' I've heard of anyone placing even near the size of the Blue Whale was Liopleurodon, and that turned out to be a false estimate.
Amphicoelias is speculated to be close to two hundred feet long that's about sixty to fifty feet over the largest blue whales

But weight wise still much lower

Quote:
Most experts seem to agree that Dinosaurs were indeed warm-blooded (one of the key points originally used to differentiate them from modern reptiles, who were believed to be their closest descendants for the longest time), as for the Dimetrodon, that one is far more complicated. Dimetrodon is unofficially classed as a 'mammal-like reptile', coming from a time before the Dinosaurs and representing a key component in the evolution of mammals, being one of the first creatures to deviate from a previously reptile-dominated landscape. The lineage of Dimetrodon would go on to see reptiles develop more mammal-like qualities until eventually making a full-blown split into mammals.
I would think both Dinosaurs and Mammals branched off from reptiles Dinosaurs evolving into birds seems to be the most credible theory..

Quote:
Most Hadrosaurs lacked implements to create those types of wounds. Ceratopsians, most notably, Triceratops, were probably the main culprits, and were a common sight during the Cretacious period (depending on the region, of course.)
I'm aware of what a Ceratopsian is I don't think they were the only horned species around at the time though

which brings me to my point a Rex maybe willing to mix it up with one of these guys and able to effectively fight it.
Quote:
Males would often compete fiercely for territory, and youngsters were generally forced away from their mothers from a young age and thus had to develop survival skills and be capable of / inclined to drive off Predators alone, however, that could be said about a number of species, so I'm at somewhat of a loss in this regard. From what little I know, they aren't easily intimidated nor are they ones to back down from a fight over something important, however, there didn't exist a Predator with quite the same threat-level as a T-Rex that they would have commonly encountered, so again, I'm not certain.
So it has a temperament similar to a modern day Elephant? Then I'm not sure about this not coming down to a confrontation

Old 07-15-2013, 02:14 AM   #27
Reality
WALLS OF TEXT,
HERE I COME!

Reality has a dark heart coursing with Dark ChakraReality has a dark heart coursing with Dark Chakra

This is Amphicoelias by destruction. T.rex would get pushed over and trampled by Amphicoelias. Even T.rex would fall from a 120+ tons dinosaur pushing it. So T.rex could not risk going to the body. The legs would not be a good target. Cause Amphicoelias could be walking and T.rex might be hit by a leg. Amphicoelias, like Giraffes, could probably use its neck as a weapon. It's neck would be heavier then T.rex, thus it would fall over again. Then there is that giant tail. Thats a weapon to. T.rex is simply to small here. It could not reach any body parts without being hit, pushed over or trampled.
Old 07-17-2013, 05:35 PM   #28
Shukketsu
Genin Elite

Quote:
ten ton kick to the face? Shattered jaw and messed up neck at the best
Definitely.
Quote:
Amphicoelias is speculated to be close to two hundred feet long that's about sixty to fifty feet over the largest blue whales

But weight wise still much lower
Ah, I had not come across this species before. Thanks. It is unfortunate that the only viable specimens seem to have been lost.
Quote:
I would think both Dinosaurs and Mammals branched off from reptiles Dinosaurs evolving into birds seems to be the most credible theory.
Oh, I know, I was merely specifying the status of the Dimetrodon regarding classification and throwing some extra knowledge in in the process. The reason Dimetrodon is more complicated is because it evolved at a critical period when mammals were splitting off from reptiles, and it represents one of the major paradigm shifts in a new evolutionary direction. It doesn't help that people still seem to hold the misconception that Dimetrodon was a Dinosaur, or simply don't grasp how it fits into the evolutionary history of mammals and reptiles.

Edit: I was misled/misleading about one thing. The Dimetrodon doesn't actually have any direct mammalian ancestors, but the 'mammal-like reptiles' as a group went onwards to influence the course of evolution for mammals and reptiles drastically.

Quote:
I'm aware of what a Ceratopsian is I don't think they were the only horned species around at the time though
Probably not, but they are the only prominent group which lived at the same time as the T-Rex and in the same regions and offered a significant threat from what I can tell.
Quote:
which brings me to my point a Rex maybe willing to mix it up with one of these guys and able to effectively fight it.
Oh, it may be willing to battle an Indricothere, and may even provide a good fight (as would be expected of the T-Rex), however, for the aforementioned reasons I am not entirely optimistic of its chances at victory here.
Quote:
So it has a temperament similar to a modern day Elephant? Then I'm not sure about this not coming down to a confrontation
Most likely, but obviously not definitively true. However, if it is indeed the case, then it is highly likely that in the premise this topic puts forth, a battle will ensue.

Last edited by Shukketsu; 07-17-2013 at 05:47 PM.
Old 07-22-2013, 12:56 AM   #29
Ninja Pink
NDF's Pink Fairy Armadillo

Ninja Pink is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Ninja Pink is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Ninja Pink is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Ninja Pink is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Ninja Pink is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Ninja Pink is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Ninja Pink is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Ninja Pink is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Ninja Pink is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Ninja Pink is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

*Tips toes in thread*

I feel like T-Rex would win. It could chew that thang up.
Then again if the....giraffe...rhino...thing was bigger than the T-Rex, it could possibly trample/crush it. T-Rex couldn't really do a lot then but bite a lot and/or run. (dem arms.)
I still go with the Rex though.

Hi I'm Pink and I
Forum girls and Ariana Grande <3

happy with my boyfriend :3
Spoiler:

Ninja Pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 03:30 PM   #30
Shukketsu
Genin Elite

It was bigger than T-Rex, height-wise.

Any other arguments for T-Rex?
Old 07-28-2013, 03:41 PM   #31
CrackFat
Jacqass

Location: i want to be pregnat with ur gardenign seed pink ninja amke me a flower
CrackFat is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.CrackFat is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
CrackFat is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.CrackFat is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.CrackFat is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

It's been debated that the t-rex was actually a scavenger instead of a hunter. I imagine it ignoring the Paraceratherium and preferring a quick goat on the go.

Spoiler:
Yum yum daz tasty.

Old 07-28-2013, 03:42 PM   #32
Maruko
Special Jonin Candidate

Maruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFKMaruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFK
Maruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFKMaruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFK

Awards Showcase

T-Rex had feathers. I just ruined your childhoods.
Maruko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 03:44 PM   #33
CrackFat
Jacqass

Location: i want to be pregnat with ur gardenign seed pink ninja amke me a flower
CrackFat is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.CrackFat is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
CrackFat is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.CrackFat is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.CrackFat is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

It's probable that only their young did. Not the grown creatures, feathers would probably be too hot.

Quote:
It might have just sported a reduced smattering of feathers, the same way that an elephant has a very thin coat of hair. An elephant is probably a good example in this case: too much hair and it would overheat because of its huge body size. For T. rex, too many feathers might have put it at similar risk.
Old 07-28-2013, 03:50 PM   #34
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Depends, is there a possibility of the T-rex hunting in a pack?

Quote:

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Click the dratini for anime rants
Bacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 09:40 PM   #35
Flammy-Senpai
Freshmen Academy Student

Flammy-Senpai saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

T-rex definitely wins, rhino thing ain't got no chance!
Flammy-Senpai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 03:21 AM   #36
setsun
Special Jonin Candidate

setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.setsun just might be Kage someday.

The rhino thing is a lot bigger, likely lived in groups, would have had a thick armored hide and would be able to break the T-rex's jaw and snap its neck with one kick
Old 07-29-2013, 04:01 AM   #37
Shukketsu
Genin Elite

Correction: Are there any viable arguments for T-Rex?

As for the T-Rex hunting as part of a pack, if IWD allows for that possibility in this debate, then the tables will turn quite drastically.
Old 07-29-2013, 04:08 AM   #38
setsun
Special Jonin Candidate

As to the possibility of it hunting in packs. I'm not opposed to it and it only turns the tables if the rex is allowed to have a group while the mammal stays alone. It also depends on how many would be considered a t rex pack
Old 07-29-2013, 04:21 AM   #39
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

I think you're overplaying the height difference when the overall length is smaller and wieght is equal according to the op.

As for pack thing, best to forget it then mostly because it would probably be a debate on whether the t-rex can successful isolate a rhino thing from the herd and 5 v 1 gangbang it.

Quote:

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Click the dratini for anime rants
Bacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 04:30 AM   #40
setsun
Special Jonin Candidate

Really? Ok

Exactly