Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Leaf Village Council > Forum Feedback & Issues

Forum Feedback & Issues Having problems using the forums or site? Maybe you have some feedback about the site you'd like to share? Post it here.

Old 05-26-2013, 07:28 AM   #1
Land.of.snow
Genin

Land.of.snow is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Land.of.snow is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Land.of.snow is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Land.of.snow is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Land.of.snow is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Land.of.snow is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Like and Dislike

Posts should have a Like or Dislike button...
And threads too.
Would it be practical what do you think?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Subscribe at youtube SakuraDreamPRO
Land.of.snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 07:32 AM   #2
Gaara-Shukaku
King of the Jörmungandr!
Looking for that something

Location: Success is not about where you stand, but the direction in which you look.
Gaara-Shukaku is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Gaara-Shukaku is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Gaara-Shukaku is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Gaara-Shukaku is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Gaara-Shukaku is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Gaara-Shukaku is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Gaara-Shukaku is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Gaara-Shukaku is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via ICQ to Gaara-Shukaku Send a message via AIM to Gaara-Shukaku Send a message via MSN to Gaara-Shukaku Send a message via Yahoo to Gaara-Shukaku Send a message via Skype™ to Gaara-Shukaku
Default Re: Like and Dislike

That is basically what the rep system is about, if people dislike or disagree with a post then they usually provide negative rep for it, and if they like or agree with it then they provide positive rep. Good idea but I don't think it is necessary.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Quote:
Shika did, I did it, Shukaku did it..you got put in your place by half a dozen people.
Quote:
They favor you Gaara-Shukaku. Now is your time to ascend to a higher level of forum being. YOU have been chosen. Accept your fate.
Quote:

gs...man you look really zoned out.

You're my hero :3
Gaara-Shukaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:38 AM   #3
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

This has been suggested before and I think it's a little more practical to be completely honest, than the rep system is. While it might seem sort of frivolous, I'm more than convinced that people would be able to use it more wisely than rep anyway. If it were added, I'd like it to be added in addition to the rep system as opposed to instead of the rep system. I've always been a fan of options and I think that if someone doesn't approve of a post but doesn't want to give negative rep or post, they should be able to express themselves in a less "harmful" way.

I'm for it.
Shikamaru Nara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:46 AM   #4
voicesinmyhead
Chunin

voicesinmyhead finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.voicesinmyhead finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.voicesinmyhead finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.voicesinmyhead finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.voicesinmyhead finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.voicesinmyhead finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.voicesinmyhead finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.voicesinmyhead finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.voicesinmyhead finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.voicesinmyhead finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

sound like a good idea
and i like the idea of keeping the rep system too

music is my escape

Memorizing him was as easy as knowing all the words to your old favorite song

without music the world would stop spinning
voicesinmyhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:54 AM   #5
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

I've seen like and dislike buttons, they're funny sometimes. xD

I'm all for it

Quote:

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Click the dratini for anime rants
Bacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 04:57 AM   #6
Land.of.snow
Genin

Land.of.snow is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Land.of.snow is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Land.of.snow is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Land.of.snow is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Land.of.snow is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Land.of.snow is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by voicesinmyhead View Post
sound like a good idea
and i like the idea of keeping the rep system too

Plus other people will be able to see the Likes and Dislikes,
with rep its private.
But like ^^ said, its great to keep both.

Subscribe at youtube SakuraDreamPRO
Land.of.snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 11:10 PM   #7
Sir Michael
Sir Of The Forums

Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.
Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.

It'd be a nice idea, but VBulletin doesn't give that option, it might in 4 and 5, but not 3.

Sir Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 02:33 AM   #8
Shisko Shi
Special Jonin Candidate

Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Shisko Shi

Well.. If it turns out to be "Like" On the post I will like it just to unlike it.

Sounds fine. But the rep system seems the exact same. I can not see both so it would be one or the other.

You're captain of the football team and are heavily involved in other sports. You actually get pretty decent grades, but most people don't know that. Most girls really really REALLY want to date you, but you don't notice or care for them. They're just fangirls. Like Sasuke.
You have a cool headed manner, and it almost appears as serious. When you're out in the games playing, you're just as serious but extremely aggressive. This is what leads the NDF football team to victory (lol in reality the team would suck ass but lets just imagine it otherwise)
You're popular and a lot of people look up to you and see you as most likely to win "Best All Around" in the yearbook. You walk into a party and everyone shouts "AYYY IT'S COLLIIIIIN" and you get attacked by high fives by your teammates and crew and hugs by desperate females. But most people don't know a lot about you personally because you don't let anyone in a lot.
Shisko Shi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 09:30 AM   #9
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

I was thinking we could do something similar to the league of legends forum and add a visible like/dislike meter. Rep has turned into a unofficial game to see who can get the most points on the top 20 scoreboard,but a like and dislike button which is anonymous yet visible to all makes bad posts known and approved ones too. The reason I say approved is because it's not necessarily good,but it has a ton of likes because it's community approved.

Not saying there's a good reason I'm bumping this other than having this type of button could be hilarious, especially in the battlegrounds.I think this is a link to a forum add-on
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Quote:

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Old 08-09-2013, 09:56 AM   #10
marissa
Special Jonin Candidate

marissa is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
marissa is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.marissa is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.marissa is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.marissa is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.marissa is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.marissa is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.marissa is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.marissa is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.marissa is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.marissa is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.marissa is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

I agree with Bacon. Shows what is and isn't acceptable to the majority of the forum without hurting anyone's feelings.

I am lesbian for Kani and Pink.
For Deadtaka, Mangetsu, Maruko, Gaara-Shukaku, ObitoUchiha and
Noctis...

Ask Pink about her new TC room!

marissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 09:58 AM   #11
Jakropha
Your Lord Zetsoom

Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

I've found in the League forums, people go so nut crazy even if their post doesn't get any likes.

But when someone negs it, they go into a fit of rage...

I'm all for it, but it has to be taken maturely, otherwise this might turn into facebook wars.

Jakropha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 06:22 AM   #12
Sajuuk
Special Jonin Candidate

Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Awards Showcase

Just to point out something, no plugin exists to add like AND dislike buttons (that's covered under reputation). Plugins exist to replace reputation with likes only however.
YouTube Channel:
Sajuuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:01 AM   #13
Kiseki
Release the Kraken!

Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Actually, I think people are going to abuse the function like madness.
People will easily push the dislike button. I can smell it already.
Loads would love this since they anonymously can dislike someone(s post).

In my opinion, if you use the like/dislike button.. ditch the rep system.
But in the end you'll come to the conclusion that you can't simply do that.
So therefore I don't think we need this like/dislike button at all.
Its like judging people twice as much, positive or negative. Do we really need that?

What if people forget to spread around rep entirely if we enable this?
I've seen it happening on other forums in the past. People do really forget.
Or they simply don't give out reputation anymore since they're too lazy.
Because hey... a simple like or dislike button goes way faster. Right?

And its not a good thing to encourage people anonymously to judge people.
People already hand out rep way too often without leaving their name.
In my opinion its extremely weak to involve/judge without showing your face.
I hope people read this and realize you can't hide forever behind anonymous messages.
If you got a problem in real life you'll have to tell them honestly too one day. Right?

You get my point. I'm not so much for this entire idea.
Double judging system, mass dislike flaming & abuse of the function in general.
People will be discouraged to post after receiving loads of random dislikes.
I might be the only one against his, but that doesn't stop me from saying this.
We need a sober perspective on this before we randomly add something,
because 'seems like fun' or 'why not'. You get what I'm saying.

Kiseki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:07 AM   #14
Maruko
Special Jonin Candidate

Maruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFKMaruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFK
Maruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFKMaruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFK

Awards Showcase

I thought this version of vB doesn't have that system, it would take a whole version change and new vB is a FB clone and sucks/lags.
Maruko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:09 AM   #15
Bacon

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sajuuk View Post
Just to point out something, no plugin exists to add like AND dislike buttons (that's covered under reputation). Plugins exist to replace reputation with likes only however.
Show off D:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiseki View Post
Actually, I think people are going to abuse the function like madness.
People will easily push the dislike button. I can smell it already.
Loads would love this since they anonymously can dislike someone(s post).

In my opinion, if you use the like/dislike button.. ditch the rep system.
But in the end you'll come to the conclusion that you can't simply do that.
So therefore I don't think we need this like/dislike button at all.
Its like judging people twice as much, positive or negative. Do we really need that?

What if people forget to spread around rep entirely if we enable this?
I've seen it happening on other forums in the past. People do really forget.
Or they simply don't give out reputation anymore since they're too lazy.
Because hey... a simple like or dislike button goes way faster. Right?

And its not a good thing to encourage people anonymously to judge people.
People already hand out rep way too often without leaving their name.
In my opinion its extremely weak to involve/judge without showing your face.
I hope people read this and realize you can't hide forever behind anonymous messages.
If you got a problem in real life you'll have to tell them honestly too one day. Right?

You get my point. I'm not so much for this entire idea.
Double judging system, mass dislike flaming & abuse of the function in general.
People will be discouraged to post after receiving loads of random dislikes.
I might be the only one against his, but that doesn't stop me from saying this.
We need a sober perspective on this before we randomly add something,
because 'seems like fun' or 'why not'. You get what I'm saying.
Except rep is 90 percent mostly anonymous already

Quote:

Last edited by Bacon; 08-21-2013 at 08:12 AM.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:23 AM   #16
Kiseki
Release the Kraken!

Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
Show off D:

Except rep is 90 percent mostly anonymous already
I know. I didn't say the current rep system is better.
But you are able to leave your name if you want.
I was just trying to make a point in general for people to leave their name.

Hopefully this entire like/dislike button won't be enabled at all.
Some people on this forum are NOT mature enough to handle such thing.
Perhaps thats rude, but we need to be honest with ourselves.
I'd caught myself feeling little bad/awkward too if 3 people 'dislike' my post.
I just hope we can all be honest with ourselves and not use this idea.
Just to prevent possible dramas that weren't necessary in the first place.

Kiseki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:26 AM   #17
joon
Special Jonin Candidate

joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Send a message via Skype™ to joon

Don't think it's bad or good, but I do feel it's not needed.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:35 AM   #18
311y
Apprentice Genin

311y has completed a tough C-rank mission!311y has completed a tough C-rank mission!

I also feel like it would discourage people from posting, and the system would be abused. A lot of these threads are [Person1] vs [Person2], and I'm sure a lot of people would automatically downvote those that are arguing the other side since it would be so easy and anonymous.

Likewise, I'd feel awkward if my post had no likes while the posts above and below me got 15 or so. I can imagine people checking back on their posts to see how many likes they got, and be disappointed when it got barely any.

Overall, I feel like it'd create awkwardness and uneasiness due to all the potential downvotes people might get.. but that's just me
meant, and everything that has
burned you and left you with nothing
but ash.
" - Shinji Moon
311y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:27 AM   #19
Bacon

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiseki View Post
I know. I didn't say the current rep system is better.
But you are able to leave your name if you want.
I was just trying to make a point in general for people to leave their name.

Hopefully this entire like/dislike button won't be enabled at all.
Some people on this forum are NOT mature enough to handle such thing.
Perhaps thats rude, but we need to be honest with ourselves.
I'd caught myself feeling little bad/awkward too if 3 people 'dislike' my post.
I just hope we can all be honest with ourselves and not use this idea.
Just to prevent possible dramas that weren't necessary in the first place.
>.> You're a real downer right now, all ya gotta do is say the idea is stupid. If you think people can handle rep, just take a look half of yours. I know most of mine was just random hand outs. Literally half of them don't have a name, so this whole rep > dislikes thing is virtually invalid.

Quote: