Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Leaf Village Council > Forum Feedback & Issues

Forum Feedback & Issues Having problems using the forums or site? Maybe you have some feedback about the site you'd like to share? Post it here.

Old 05-17-2013, 12:43 AM   #1
Sir Michael
Sir Of The Forums

Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.
Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.
Default VBulletin 4

VBulletin 4 is run on another forum I go on, and heavily prefer that version much much better.

I understand there has been some discussion of this, and most Mods denied it, I know the current version of 4 has it's problems, but it looks cleaner imo.

Ver 3.8.7 is pretty much obsolete.

Of course I know some users would rather quit than switch.

Plus, maybe then PM Notification would WORK.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sir Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 12:51 AM   #2
Shisko Shi
Special Jonin Candidate

Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Shisko Shi
Default Re: VBulletin 4

I would disagree. The newer ones have it.. But alot of old high and large forums that run on VB are the same as this. so 3.8.7 is really not that bad. Plus to even deal with the new issues would be a hassle.

You're captain of the football team and are heavily involved in other sports. You actually get pretty decent grades, but most people don't know that. Most girls really really REALLY want to date you, but you don't notice or care for them. They're just fangirls. Like Sasuke.
You have a cool headed manner, and it almost appears as serious. When you're out in the games playing, you're just as serious but extremely aggressive. This is what leads the NDF football team to victory (lol in reality the team would suck ass but lets just imagine it otherwise)
You're popular and a lot of people look up to you and see you as most likely to win "Best All Around" in the yearbook. You walk into a party and everyone shouts "AYYY IT'S COLLIIIIIN" and you get attacked by high fives by your teammates and crew and hugs by desperate females. But most people don't know a lot about you personally because you don't let anyone in a lot.
Shisko Shi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 12:53 AM   #3
Sir Michael
Sir Of The Forums

Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shisko Shi View Post
I would disagree. The newer ones have it.. But alot of old high and large forums that run on VB are the same as this. so 3.8.7 is really not that bad. Plus to even deal with the new issues would be a hassle.
SHISKO! YOU LET ME DOWN! WHY?!

Each has it's pros and cons, possibly it's prons?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-17-2013, 01:09 AM   #4
Shisko Shi
Special Jonin Candidate

Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Then just go VB5 instead.

You're captain of the football team and are heavily involved in other sports. You actually get pretty decent grades, but most people don't know that. Most girls really really REALLY want to date you, but you don't notice or care for them. They're just fangirls. Like Sasuke.
You have a cool headed manner, and it almost appears as serious. When you're out in the games playing, you're just as serious but extremely aggressive. This is what leads the NDF football team to victory (lol in reality the team would suck ass but lets just imagine it otherwise)
You're popular and a lot of people look up to you and see you as most likely to win "Best All Around" in the yearbook. You walk into a party and everyone shouts "AYYY IT'S COLLIIIIIN" and you get attacked by high fives by your teammates and crew and hugs by desperate females. But most people don't know a lot about you personally because you don't let anyone in a lot.
Old 05-17-2013, 01:11 AM   #5
Maruko
Special Jonin Candidate

Maruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFKMaruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFK
Maruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFKMaruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFK

Awards Showcase

Am I the only one who doesn't care which version a site uses? I'm here to post/discuss, I don't care what type of coding my posts go through.
Maruko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 01:13 AM   #6
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato
Aiding Kakashi, Yamato, & Iruka

Location: Konohagakure, with the people dearest to me. Aiding Kakashi on the battlefield and saving Yamato!
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

I heard it had lots of bugs in it. But not sure.

Kakashi~

\ \ \ \
l\^ ^/l
Yamato~

, / \\
,\^^/
\\---// thnx Edyl
Iruka~

カカシ, ヤマト, イルカ! 愛してる~!
03-02, 13:09 The Immortal Watch Dog
You got Daph Rice, everyone got her
She's one of my psycho's
she's Cults banner girl
[1/7/2014 9:25:36 AM] Tuus Deus(CoP): I know Daph spends all her time staring at Kakashi pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cult of Personality
Kakashi pretending to get stabbed by Obito because he's such a nice guy and doesn't want Obito to feel about about sucking so much
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cult of Personality
I would just like you to know that I am awesome.
Quote:
All days are Cult Day.
Quote:
I disagree. The best way to get rep from Daph is to be me.
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 01:17 AM   #7
Shisko Shi
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Well first... a forum will be as clean as the people making it make it. To add a spice here and there. But what good comes of this? What would this do? Anything new? Or just a new look. What would hcnage. Would it confuse people? All things like this would then come into play if that was ever a thought. But then... at the shut down I htink a month ago? No two.. anyways they would have done it then if they thought it would help I am sure. There is a valid reason behind it. Like Bugs, and so on. But it could be for the best.

I like this one IMO, but I go with any.

Old 05-17-2013, 01:19 PM   #8
Ashen
The Reaper
Quasi-Admin

Ashen completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.
Ashen completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

I seem to recall hearing that vB 4 was a pain to customize appearance wise and that vB 5 was facebook in disguise. I also recall hearing both vB 4 and 5 were highly query intensive, which if that's true means we'd just end up making the forum slower and more prone to crashing which it's already had a history with in the past. >_>

vB 3.8.7 sounds reasonable spec wise, just depends on whether Viz has the resource available.

Ashen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 01:32 PM   #9
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Actually, I've done designing and it's not too bad.
Shikamaru Nara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 01:25 PM   #10
Sajuuk
Special Jonin Candidate

Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Awards Showcase

I know this is pretty late, but vBulletin 5 is a horrific mess, neither does the company that manages the software really care about making a forum software that is even remotely usable.
YouTube Channel:
Sajuuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 01:55 PM   #11
SRhyse
Site Admin - Uber Kage
Viz Administrator

SRhyse just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

I'd rather go proprietary over vB4 or 5. Once the original company got bought or sold the project to someone else, things got pretty hairy pretty quickly. I've never been impressed with an subsequent releases, and find no merit in switching.

And for reference, the PM notifications work fine, I just turned them off globally as I recall to speed things up by a margin back when we needed it. If there's anything else you like more about vB4 or 5, it's likely we can do just that with 3, we just either don't, or intentionally don't for reasons like that.

I'm all up for discussing it, I've just never had anything of merit presented to me on switching, nor have I found anything but detriment when I looked.
My dog Elly FTW:

*Alot of people have been asking to help me with various things on the site, many of which involve sharing files between me and other members. Since I get asked almost every day, to do this or collaborate with me personally, use
gives you a lot more free space than normal to work with if that helps, but mainly, it's easier than me getting a thousand emails I have to download and upload with a file again to reply
. Thanks for wanting to help though!
SRhyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 03:06 PM   #12
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

some of the new VB skins are appallingly awful, this forums set may very well be old but I would much rather not some of the more modern configurations. This is smooth and it works

that being said...Rice is it possible you could add this to a list forum smileys

it says so much with so little.

The Immortal Watch Dog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 04:05 PM   #13
SRhyse
Site Admin - Uber Kage
Viz Administrator

Awards Showcase

If anyone made a version of that smiley that was a little more in line with ours, and you got yourself a deal.

I've no issue adding more smilies if they're either in theme with our present crop, or in enough number and high enough quality to be a separate set. Though I worry about having 100+ on there. Gonna run out of text emotes to turn into things at a point .
My dog Elly FTW:

*Alot of people have been asking to help me with various things on the site, many of which involve sharing files between me and other members. Since I get asked almost every day, to do this or collaborate with me personally, use
gives you a lot more free space than normal to work with if that helps, but mainly, it's easier than me getting a thousand emails I have to download and upload with a file again to reply
Old 08-04-2013, 05:42 PM   #14
Reality
WALLS OF TEXT,
HERE I COME!

Reality has a dark heart coursing with Dark ChakraReality has a dark heart coursing with Dark Chakra

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Immortal Watch Dog View Post
some of the new VB skins are appallingly awful, this forums set may very well be old but I would much rather not some of the more modern configurations. This is smooth and it works

that being said...Rice is it possible you could add this to a list forum smileys

it says so much with so little.
Exactly. Why fix something that isn't broken?
Old 08-04-2013, 05:43 PM   #15
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRhyse View Post
If anyone made a version of that smiley that was a little more in line with ours, and you got yourself a deal.

I've no issue adding more smilies if they're either in theme with our present crop, or in enough number and high enough quality to be a separate set. Though I worry about having 100+ on there. Gonna run out of text emotes to turn into things at a point .
A viz version of the :maybe smiley?

can we propose to you a separate set of emoticons? A lot of the NF smileys are pretty awesome namely the classic Ryoma and the :giogio set

or failing wanting to borrow off our neighbors create Viz styled ones?

The Immortal Watch Dog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 06:16 PM   #16
SRhyse
Site Admin - Uber Kage
Viz Administrator

Awards Showcase

Sure. If anyone made a list of ones you're interested in, as in an embedded list of smilies being displayed so we could see them, that'd help. Even if we didn't wanna go directly with them because any other site might see it as a knock off, they'd be a good basis for forging more of our own. All the Ninja ones were made custom for us by a wonderful user, for example.
My dog Elly FTW:

Old 08-09-2013, 08:59 PM   #17
Sir Michael
Sir Of The Forums

So, if we make Viz Smileys, we can switch to VBulletin 4?