Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Mall > Video Game Central

Video Game Central For any and all game discussion threads not related to Naruto

Old 04-26-2013, 06:02 PM   #2401
Devroux

Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: League of Legends (These are Quinn-tessential kinds of puns)

Gonna buy Cass so I can carry hard.
χ Δ|✝ΣR

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Devroux is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:03 PM   #2402
itachi/madara
Special Jonin Candidate

itachi/madara just might be Kage someday.
itachi/madara just might be Kage someday.itachi/madara just might be Kage someday.itachi/madara just might be Kage someday.itachi/madara just might be Kage someday.itachi/madara just might be Kage someday.itachi/madara just might be Kage someday.itachi/madara just might be Kage someday.
Send a message via Skype™ to itachi/madara

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILIKEPIE View Post
being unranked is cool and I'm unranked and haven't played any ranked games
Play more ranked
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devroux View Post
Gonna buy Cass so I can carry hard.
Not a bad idea

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
itachi/madara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:46 PM   #2403
Euron

Euron saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafy View Post
k so I decided to play some LoL today...because apparently I was going through withdrawal.

Won a normal
Won a ranked.
Lost a ranked.

LOST.
/inb4 "you didn't carry hard enough, 1v5 noob"
No, people are idiots...I'm guessing I have bad luck cause I get teamed up with idiots a lot.

So in fear of being placed in bronze, I'm just not gonna play ranked anymore.

/sad inside
There are games you WILL lose, no matter what you do. Welcome to variance, sometimes the other team will just be that much better. You even see it with pros, such as today when GGU beat Dignitas out of the playoffs. When i played in bronze/silver, I would lose 1 in 4 games on average. Still, a 75% win rate makes climbing out of bronze/silver really fast.

What we're saying is that if you CONSISTENTLY lose, and always blame your team, the actual issue might be yourself. You WILL lose sometimes, no matter how good you are.

Euron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:04 AM   #2404
KakashiManga
Freshmen Academy Student

KakashiManga is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

So What do u guys Think of ADC Thresh i think he is Very OP
KakashiManga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 01:30 AM   #2405
Euron

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by KakashiManga View Post
ADC thresh suffers from the same shortcomings as teemo does: His range is really bad and he doesn't really have the late-game steroids "good" ADCs have. The AD scaling of his abilities is also abysmal (non-existent save for his q) and he needs to build a lot of AS to do damage (like teemo). Not to mention that none of his other abilities help him in an ADC role.

I'm not saying he's not viable, but his shortcomings are a severe handicap, which is why you rarely see him being used in ranked or the pro scene. He's 10x better as a support simply.

His strength is in the mid-game where the lanes break down and small scale skirmishes happen. But he's very weak in the lane phase against competent opponents and his late-game isn't anywhere near as good as the more traditional ADCs (mostly due to his range and lack of steroid).

Vayne has a similar range, but her late-game thanks to her stealth, tumble and silver bolts is devastating.

Old 04-27-2013, 12:25 PM   #2406
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:

So in fear of being placed in bronze, I'm just not gonna play ranked anymore.

/sad inside
That just sounds aweful. I'd rather be bronze because I tried and be unranked because I was too afraid to see how good I was.
Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi/madara View Post
Because being unranked is any better ;D

Nigga pls.

It was fine until he ganked me and killed me

then i knew

i knew what was going to happen
NEEGRO PLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS S

Quote:

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Click the dratini for anime rants
Bacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:47 PM   #2407
Devroux

Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

LCS quarter finals. :o
χ Δ|✝ΣR

Old 04-27-2013, 12:55 PM   #2408
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Lame creep score semi finals? Is this a forum contest for cs?

Edit:
Giving up on akali for now.She already had a fairly rough early game before the nerfs and now she's unplayable. It's hard not to feel frustration when playing her in a meta where games end before 20, while other champions remain tankier and more useful with less items.

Don't get me wrong, she's like gangplank(but weaker). You can win games with her,but the wins won't be because of your contributions.

Have a good weekend ndf

Quote:

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Last edited by Bacon; 04-27-2013 at 04:55 PM.
Old 04-28-2013, 02:16 PM   #2409
Leafy
has a deathwish!

Leafy just might be Kage someday.
Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Well I decided to just see it through, and I was placed in Bronze II with an elo of 1010. I mean...that's ok considering how I just winged the last 5 games because I was sad.

And I received a red ribbon.

So for now I'm just an average LoL player...which isn't what I want to be, but hey..it's a start.

Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:36 PM   #2410
itachi/madara
Special Jonin Candidate

itachi/madara just might be Kage someday.itachi/madara just might be Kage someday.itachi/madara just might be Kage someday.itachi/madara just might be Kage someday.itachi/madara just might be Kage someday.itachi/madara just might be Kage someday.itachi/madara just might be Kage someday.

Go leafy go.

Old 04-28-2013, 08:59 PM   #2411
Devroux

Awards Showcase

TSM Spring Champs. Good stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
Lame creep score semi finals? Is this a forum contest for cs?

Edit:
Giving up on akali for now.She already had a fairly rough early game before the nerfs and now she's unplayable. It's hard not to feel frustration when playing her in a meta where games end before 20, while other champions remain tankier and more useful with less items.

Don't get me wrong, she's like gangplank(but weaker). You can win games with her,but the wins won't be because of your contributions.

Have a good weekend ndf
No more facerolling. Just have to actually play.
χ Δ|✝ΣR

Old 04-28-2013, 10:13 PM   #2412
Euron

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Well I decided to just see it through, and I was placed in Bronze II with an elo of 1010. I mean...that's ok considering how I just winged the last 5 games because I was sad.

And I received a red ribbon.

So for now I'm just an average LoL player...which isn't what I want to be, but hey..it's a start.
You're above average for a forumer

Old 04-29-2013, 07:55 AM   #2413
JLI2infinity
Chunin Exam Proctor

JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KakashiManga View Post

ADC Thresh is a troll champ just like AD Yi or Pant bot lane. He is fun to play but if me or any decent adc sees that bot lane we are laughing as we outcs you and outscale him throughout the game. For one Thresh's aa animation is really weird, it isn't terrible or anything just not very smooth which affects his ability to kite or orb walk in fights which you will need even though his e helps a bit with that. As someone already pointed out his range is bad which means you will be focused down hard.

And on top of that his q is used for engaging which is absolutely horrible because if you pull yourself to an enemy that means you are the front line in a team fight as adc which is the exact opposite of what you should be doing. It also kinda makes your w useless since it's an escape meant for other people but as adc you're the one who should need it most.

There are plenty of other things wrong with him but I guess he can have a godly laning phase like I mentioned with those other champs. He can bring in jungler for ganks from out of ward vision and double ult with a support like sona to make bot lane's life a living hell.

On another note, so sad GGU didn't win the LCS I was rooting for the rookies but WildTurtle is my favorite adc at the moment so I can't be mad. Also, I never thought I'd see the day where people were complaining about Akali nerfs but apparently that has come and it's hilarious.

Bacon idk what you are talking about Akali is still strong. Are you complaining about her nerfs for early game lol. Yeah it's actually making her fair. She's a manaless champ that can just spam out abilities near turret until lvl 6 while sustaining off 9 pots. This new nerf decreases her q harrass but makes her even stronger late game. It just makes her a tougher champ to use and requires players to make a decision about when or when not to engage and proc q for damage. Actually calculating trades is something people should be doing anyway and it will finally help stop any random person from facerolling as Akali with no skill.

Last edited by JLI2infinity; 04-29-2013 at 08:09 AM.
JLI2infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:18 AM   #2414
itachi/madara
Special Jonin Candidate

Meh, akali needed nerfs, but the nerf to her ults cd was pretty tough
She probably got nerfed because people don't know how to play against assassins
Just because an assassin can assassinate an ap mid doesn't mean they are faceroll and op

Old 04-29-2013, 09:17 AM   #2415
Devroux

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Just because an assassin can assassinate an ap mid doesn't mean they are faceroll and op
Yeah, it doesn't mean they're faceroll and op, but for Akali that was exactly it. 0 skill shots, almost 0 cooldowns, and the ability to go invisible and dodge whatever was thrown at her. She can probably get nerfed a bit harder with no issue.
χ Δ|✝ΣR

Old 04-29-2013, 09:53 AM   #2416
JLI2infinity
Chunin Exam Proctor

JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

^Pretty much what Dev said. I just said they made it so that she takes a bit more skill. The nerf seriously isn't that big a deal, she's certainly not even close to unplayable as Bacon suggested. The fact that a slight nerf made him give up Akali as a main makes me lol. Just because she cant q, r, e spam like she used to or might have to take a trip back to the base one extra time she's suddenly not viable, come on now.
JLI2infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:29 AM   #2417
Bacon

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Considering the long list of counters pre-nerf:diana ori anivia yorick jax cho hecarim amumu

and the long list of good match ups: garen darius ryze riven

She's nowhere near overpowered and now match up which were alright or slightly bad, are now for her.

People couldn't play adc's without hp or play mid without a abysall scepter or rod of ages, so it was logical to nerf her to nothing. If the meta favored 40 minute games she'd be fine,but considering how games tend to end at the 15 minute mark; she rarely gets to her late game status.

Top that off with the fact that every team already has a worthless (late game only)ranged champion already and you've got a recipe for disaster.

Quote:

Old 04-29-2013, 12:30 PM   #2418
itachi/madara
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Considering the long list of counters pre-nerf:diana ori anivia yorick jax cho hecarim amumu

and the long list of good match ups: garen darius ryze riven

She's nowhere near overpowered and now match up which were alright or slightly bad, are now for her.

People couldn't play adc's without hp or play mid without a abysall scepter or rod of ages, so it was logical to nerf her to nothing. If the meta favored 40 minute games she'd be fine,but considering how games tend to end at the 15 minute mark; she rarely gets to her late game status.

Top that off with the fact that every team already has a worthless (late game only)ranged champion already and you've got a recipe for disaster.
Take comfort in the fact that atleast she's better then heimerdonger

don't cry brave soldier

dw. Pretty much every assassin is going to end up like this, because dem assassins punish poor positioning, and everyone loves to assume they are 1337 and didn't mess up with positioning, just that the enemy assassin is OP

Old 04-29-2013, 12:35 PM   #2419
Bacon

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Take comfort in the fact that atleast she's better then heimerdonger

don't cry brave soldier

dw. Pretty much every assassin is going to end up like this, because dem assassins punish poor positioning, and everyone loves to assume they are 1337 and didn't mess up with positioning, just that the enemy assassin is OP
Well guess Ill jump the bandwagon and play fizz,gayren and jax till they get their movement speeds reduced to 250.

Quote:

Old 04-29-2013, 12:39 PM   #2420
itachi/madara
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Well guess Ill jump the bandwagon and play fizz,gayren and jax till they get their movement speeds reduced to 250.
Fizz is so last week, it's all about zed now

i hear he's op