Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Mall > Latest Manga Chapters

Latest Manga Chapters Discuss the latest manga chapters of your favorite series here!

Old 04-25-2013, 02:27 PM   #21
WishfulFairie
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: In my own little world that's in my own little head
WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Btooom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentBlade View Post
Exactly! Its an interesting thought that could be applied to pretty much everyone on the Island!

Spoiler:
Date claimed he left the Island, that could be completely bogus, since he is back on the Island and we see that others were left from the last game. Its also apparent that removing the chips before death doesn't cause death, which surprises me why he wouldn't have just removed some of them from live people.

Date is still there, meaning that the game is still in its beta, and likely that he got taken back and put back into the game to continue testing it (like his game was the alpha phase of the test, and Sakamoto is now into the beta phase of testing it). Meaning that you probably never do get to go home, they just recycle you back into the game, just like game coders will leave elements they don't use in games in the coding (from the earlier phases) they will just make them inactive so they do not interfere with the actual program.
Spoiler:
That does make sense. But Not a lot of people are willing to lose their limbs to help each other leave. Since the chips won't be removed if there's a heartbeat.

Perhaps, Date actually went to the headquarters being told he would leave since he said "i don't know why I'm back"

It really wouldn't make sense for them to send anyone back since the survivor would tell others

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny
well, war babies come from war, nerd babies from from trees, peace babies come from birds, ect
WishfulFairie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:59 PM   #22
SilentBlade
Special Jonin Candidate

SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishfulFairie View Post

Spoiler:
That does make sense. But Not a lot of people are willing to lose their limbs to help each other leave. Since the chips won't be removed if there's a heartbeat.

Spoiler:
Perhaps, Date actually went to the headquarters being told he would leave since he said "i don't know why I'm back"

It really wouldn't make sense for them to send anyone back since the survivor would tell others
Spoiler:

Exactly, so that is why that suit told Sakamoto that he should look for the bugs in the game, because the bugs are more than likely the escape route, and by finding that, everything would be shut down, and they could escape..otherwise they will just keep getting dumped into the game over and over again.

I am wondering in the next few chapters, from what I saw atleast, if Oda and Sakamoto end up teaming up, and battling the other 4 man team for the win. It would certainly be a turn of events, for sure! I mean, consider the amount of strategy between Sakamoto and Oda, its pretty insane! though that girl that Oda is with is messed up for sure...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SilentBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:09 PM   #23
WishfulFairie
Special Jonin Candidate

WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Spoiler:
I'm wondering how long that suit guy will last before the others go against him. And if Oda and Sakamoto team up, I have a feeling Oda would betray him in the end.

Yeah, that girl is messed up, but I doubt she's gonna escape. She's a bit too bloodlusted and might end up getting herself killed, probably by not listening to the others. And this is if she doesn't die the next chapter

Quote:
well, war babies come from war, nerd babies from from trees, peace babies come from birds, ect
Old 04-25-2013, 05:17 PM   #24
SilentBlade
Special Jonin Candidate

SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Spoiler:
I'm wondering how long that suit guy will last before the others go against him. And if Oda and Sakamoto team up, I have a feeling Oda would betray him in the end.

Yeah, that girl is messed up, but I doubt she's gonna escape. She's a bit too bloodlusted and might end up getting herself killed, probably by not listening to the others. And this is if she doesn't die the next chapter
Spoiler:
But I think Oda knows that collecting the chips won't save him, I mean if it would make sense considering his level of intelligence, and the fact that it doesnt seam like he cares so much about the chips. I mean if he did, you would think that he would simply use a similar trick with the food to kill enough people to escape.

However, I get the odd feeling that the group of 4 will end up being Sakamoto, Himiko, Oda, and the kid, meaning the rest of that group of 4 will die. Remember, the Btoom game seams to be a group of 4 players (I think). So that would make sense.

Though I would be the bugs that he finds will come in the form of being able to side step the safety devices on the kids BIM's and use them while he is still alive, learning how to skirt the radar and actually hack it! I am really looking forward to seeing more...I will say this, compared to the Manga..the anime is tame...

Once this manga is complete, since its not going to be very large, i may buy the whole thing to go back through, I mean the psychological turns and what not in here are incredible!

Last edited by SilentBlade; 04-25-2013 at 05:20 PM.
Old 04-25-2013, 05:26 PM   #25
WishfulFairie
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Spoiler:
But I think Oda knows that collecting the chips won't save him, I mean if it would make sense considering his level of intelligence, and the fact that it doesnt seam like he cares so much about the chips. I mean if he did, you would think that he would simply use a similar trick with the food to kill enough people to escape.

However, I get the odd feeling that the group of 4 will end up being Sakamoto, Himiko, Oda, and the kid, meaning the rest of that group of 4 will die. Remember, the Btoom game seams to be a group of 4 players (I think). So that would make sense.

Though I would be the bugs that he finds will come in the form of being able to side step the safety devices on the kids BIM's and use them while he is still alive, learning how to skirt the radar and actually hack it! I am really looking forward to seeing more...I will say this, compared to the Manga..the anime is tame...

Once this manga is complete, since its not going to be very large, i may buy the whole thing to go back through, I mean the psychological turns and what not in here are incredible!
Spoiler:
That does make sense. Plus, if Oda really wanted the chips, he'd have killed his partner the moment he knew she wasn't able to climb and take it.

Also the four concept, Kira, Himiko, Oda, and Sakamoto do seem like best players since they actually played the game. But Kira hasn't appeared to be connected to either of the four though. I mean it's revealed about Himiko and Sakamoto and Sakamoto and Oda but not Kira.

I haven't seen the anime. But that doesn't surprise me. Anime usually changes things.

I want to buy it so I could reread it but then all those perverted panels... My parents would go crazy

Quote:
Old 04-25-2013, 05:34 PM   #26
SilentBlade
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:

Spoiler:
That does make sense. Plus, if Oda really wanted the chips, he'd have killed his partner the moment he knew she wasn't able to climb and take it.

Also the four concept, Kira, Himiko, Oda, and Sakamoto do seem like best players since they actually played the game. But Kira hasn't appeared to be connected to either of the four though. I mean it's revealed about Himiko and Sakamoto and Sakamoto and Oda but not Kira.

I haven't seen the anime. But that doesn't surprise me. Anime usually changes things.

I want to buy it so I could reread it but then all those perverted panels... My parents would go crazy
Yeah, some of that stuff I didn't think was necessary to depict, probably could have been implied, but to actually show it had to be for more shock value..

Spoiler:
I think if you listen to Kira's conversations or statements through the series, he says something about being a Btooom player and a good one! I honestly wonder if by the end we find out that the other players who play Btooom with Sakamoto are actually Kira and Oda! it would certainly be interesting, since its really impossible to know (seeing how long it took to identify Himiko). Having his world ranked team would then really allow him to find the bugs and get out of that place, it would also be interesting if they tracked down the guy who brought them (the one in the hat). Remember he had a chip in his hand at the beginning when he showed everyone...that could be why they boosted the radar for him.

Old 04-25-2013, 05:43 PM   #27
WishfulFairie
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Yeah, some of that stuff I didn't think was necessary to depict, probably could have been implied, but to actually show it had to be for more shock value..

Spoiler:
I think if you listen to Kira's conversations or statements through the series, he says something about being a Btooom player and a good one! I honestly wonder if by the end we find out that the other players who play Btooom with Sakamoto are actually Kira and Oda! it would certainly be interesting, since its really impossible to know (seeing how long it took to identify Himiko). Having his world ranked team would then really allow him to find the bugs and get out of that place, it would also be interesting if they tracked down the guy who brought them (the one in the hat). Remember he had a chip in his hand at the beginning when he showed everyone...that could be why they boosted the radar for him.
To each his own, I suppose
Spoiler:
Sakamoto was also surprised by Kira's skills as well. So if it is revealed that Kira and Oda were the other players, pit'd be perfect. Also playing along with the 28 people would die since 7 chips are required. 4 x 7 = 28
The one in the hat, creeps me out. I'm waiting for him to be gone.
Would explain the upgrade. though, I kind of think they did that to make the game more interesting. So that players would have a better chance of hunting each other down.

It'd be funny if the writer decided to do a twist in the story and they all stay

Quote:
Old 04-25-2013, 05:57 PM   #28
SilentBlade
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

I suppose so, I mean the anime simply implies it, and its still kinda disturbing..but not nearly as much as the manga.

Spoiler:
It would be interesting for sure! I mean that company that developed the real version of the game and tried selling it to the Japanese game maker (the name is sooo ironic its funny) it would certainly be a great ending if it all turned on them, and they ended up being the hunted. I would love to see that guy in the hat go down!

edit: They have to make the game Btooom now btw! its pretty insane, but the idea here would actually make a decent game...someone get this manga artist into a game studio when he's done!

Last edited by SilentBlade; 04-25-2013 at 06:02 PM.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:10 PM   #29
WishfulFairie
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
I suppose so, I mean the anime simply implies it, and its still kinda disturbing..but not nearly as much as the manga.

Spoiler:
It would be interesting for sure! I mean that company that developed the real version of the game and tried selling it to the Japanese game maker (the name is sooo ironic its funny) it would certainly be a great ending if it all turned on them, and they ended up being the hunted. I would love to see that guy in the hat go down!

edit: They have to make the game Btooom now btw! its pretty insane, but the idea here would actually make a decent game...someone get this manga artist into a game studio when he's done!
I don't see why not. They make games for other animes/mangas
Spoiler:
If the guy in the hat goes down, I would laugh. I can already see his expression. I think the guy in the suit will die. Probably murdered by the guy in the hat

Quote:
Old 04-25-2013, 06:16 PM   #30
SilentBlade
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Spoiler:
That is kinda what I thought, but I think the guy in the hat will go down by Sakamoto since he has a chip and is able to be tracked and hacked. I am not sure if the suit will go down (seeing as he is or would be Sakamoto's boss).

The more I go back and read the manga, its crazy what you pick up! It was Sakamoto's mom that sent him away, but I dont think she knew what she was doing, she wanted him to disappear and her to die, in order to give her second husband money and a life back. Its crazy! But if I am understanding some of the manga a little better, Sakamoto has been placed in an environment that he can feel the level of success and glory (sort of) that he has in game, even Taira giving gratitude and that being the first time Sakamoto has ever had said thing given to him.

Old 04-25-2013, 06:22 PM   #31
WishfulFairie
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Spoiler:
Sakatomo's mom wasn't in the right state of mind at the time. She was clearly going through some mental trauma.

And Kira is in a place where he can kill without regret

Quote:
Old 04-25-2013, 06:26 PM   #32
SilentBlade
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Spoiler:
Sakatomo's mom wasn't in the right state of mind at the time. She was clearly going through some mental trauma.

And Kira is in a place where he can kill without regret
Spoiler:
Well, Sakamoto's mom suffered from depression, so that is likely what happened there, it was after the episode passed that she probably realized what she had done, but that wasn't why she killed herself, it was for the insurance money. Kira was like the traumatized abused kid that felt powerless anywhere but where he was in game. He probably went psycho and did the whole necrophila thing as a way to feel some sort of power (same with the killing frogs).

I am not sure why Oda is there, maybe it was Sakamoto that sent him? and we know why Himiko was there.

Old 04-25-2013, 07:03 PM   #33
Devroux

Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

The spoilers. HA.

I decided to read the manga now.
χ Δ|✝ΣR

Devroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:22 PM   #34
SilentBlade
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devroux View Post
The spoilers. HA.

Be leary, the manga is beyond much more gory, graphic and disturbing than the anime. Its quite insane really! It takes the story to a new level of psychological craziness.

Old 04-26-2013, 04:06 PM   #35
WishfulFairie
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Spoiler:
Well, Sakamoto's mom suffered from depression, so that is likely what happened there, it was after the episode passed that she probably realized what she had done, but that wasn't why she killed herself, it was for the insurance money. Kira was like the traumatized abused kid that felt powerless anywhere but where he was in game. He probably went psycho and did the whole necrophila thing as a way to feel some sort of power (same with the killing frogs).

I am not sure why Oda is there, maybe it was Sakamoto that sent him? and we know why Himiko was there.
Spoiler:
I guess she felt that she really loved her second husband.
No, Kira did go psycho and for the reason(s) you just said.
Poor froggies

Oda probably pissed off a girl or another friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devroux View Post
The spoilers. HA.

Bout time

Quote:
Old 04-27-2013, 01:39 PM   #36
SilentBlade
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:

Spoiler:
I guess she felt that she really loved her second husband.
No, Kira did go psycho and for the reason(s) you just said.
Poor froggies

Oda probably pissed off a girl or another friend.

Bout time
I really cant wait for the next two chapters! I have just been having to much fun reading this manga!

Spoiler:
I would say that even though she loved her second husband, i dont think she quite understood what it meant to make someone "disappear" for good you know? I think she just wanted to give him the life he had back.

As for Kira, yeah I mean he is what he is, I think losing to Sakamoto twice kinda pushed him back a bit, and perhaps the respect for life (the question he first asked when introduced) the he didn't understand, he is learning through his encounters with Sakamoto. I mean, I think here in this country is pretty common if you see someone so willing to kill animals mercilessly its a sigh of a serial killer. Part of me hopes that Kira doesn't make it off the island, but you just never know what kind of character development he may go through.

I actually wonder if Himiko will make it off the Island, I mean I have read similar manga to this, and sometimes things just don't work out in them. I mean I kinda get the feeling she will just because she is so willing to die, it would be a little to cliche for her not to, but still.

Old 04-27-2013, 01:47 PM   #37
WishfulFairie
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
I really cant wait for the next two chapters! I have just been having to much fun reading this manga!

Spoiler:
I would say that even though she loved her second husband, i dont think she quite understood what it meant to make someone "disappear" for good you know? I think she just wanted to give him the life he had back.

As for Kira, yeah I mean he is what he is, I think losing to Sakamoto twice kinda pushed him back a bit, and perhaps the respect for life (the question he first asked when introduced) the he didn't understand, he is learning through his encounters with Sakamoto. I mean, I think here in this country is pretty common if you see someone so willing to kill animals mercilessly its a sigh of a serial killer. Part of me hopes that Kira doesn't make it off the island, but you just never know what kind of character development he may go through.

I actually wonder if Himiko will make it off the Island, I mean I have read similar manga to this, and sometimes things just don't work out in them. I mean I kinda get the feeling she will just because she is so willing to die, it would be a little to cliche for her not to, but still.
Spoiler:
Even so, if she had been in the right state of mind, she would realize that if someone just disappeared people would question. I doubt her husband would've been able to move on.

If Kira does develop, then I feel he would still die. Probably, by sacrificing himself for others. But I don't think it would be obvious for him to do that, probable be set in a way to surprise the reader but who knows.

If she does make it out, she's moving near Sakamoto because her friends won't accept her back

Neither can I.

Quote:
Old 04-27-2013, 02:38 PM   #38
SilentBlade
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:

Spoiler:
Even so, if she had been in the right state of mind, she would realize that if someone just disappeared people would question. I doubt her husband would've been able to move on.

If Kira does develop, then I feel he would still die. Probably, by sacrificing himself for others. But I don't think it would be obvious for him to do that, probable be set in a way to surprise the reader but who knows.

If she does make it out, she's moving near Sakamoto because her friends won't accept her back

Neither can I.
Yeah, there are the next two chapters in the raw sitting out there..someone is working them probably, just slowly! and my Japanese so terrible so ya :-/

Spoiler:
hmm, Kira sacrificing himself hu? it would certainly be an interesting thought! I could see it I guess, realizing all the terrible things that he has done, and just how heinous they were, not being able to live with it, so at least trying to die in an honorable way. That would be an excellent ending for him!

As for Himiko and Sakamoto, yeah I could see that, I could see them both doing something like that, because yeah, her friends were fairly pissed at her, and really I would agree that they still wouldn't care. I wouldn't be surprised if you were correct in that manner too. However, wouldn't you find it odd for a 16 year old high school girl's parents not to like have all sorts of police reports out looking for her? I mean for Kira, its obvious why not, but her...its kind of a plot hole.

Old 04-27-2013, 02:46 PM   #39
WishfulFairie
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Yeah, there are the next two chapters in the raw sitting out there..someone is working them probably, just slowly! and my Japanese so terrible so ya :-/

Spoiler:
hmm, Kira sacrificing himself hu? it would certainly be an interesting thought! I could see it I guess, realizing all the terrible things that he has done, and just how heinous they were, not being able to live with it, so at least trying to die in an honorable way. That would be an excellent ending for him!

As for Himiko and Sakamoto, yeah I could see that, I could see them both doing something like that, because yeah, her friends were fairly pissed at her, and really I would agree that they still wouldn't care. I wouldn't be surprised if you were correct in that manner too. However, wouldn't you find it odd for a 16 year old high school girl's parents not to like have all sorts of police reports out looking for her? I mean for Kira, its obvious why not, but her...its kind of a plot hole.

Those Procrastinators!
Spoiler:
I dunno. Maybe Himiko's friends told her parents a lie or something. Or maybe she didn't have parents *shrugs*
But also sometimes if a person is missing for too long they're presumed to be dead. And we don't know the how long they've been on this island.

I guess it depends on Japan's laws. I dunno

Quote:
Old 04-27-2013, 03:01 PM   #40
SilentBlade
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:

Those Procrastinators!
Spoiler:
I dunno. Maybe Himiko's friends told her parents a lie or something. Or maybe she didn't have parents *shrugs*
But also sometimes if a person is missing for too long they're presumed to be dead. And we don't know the how long they've been on this island.

I guess it depends on Japan's laws. I dunno
I know! ugh, they need to work faster!

Spoiler:
Its true, she could have had her parents fooled, I mean, I think they've been on the Island for a few days. I assume I counted the nights correctly so maybe 3-4 days about. I mean, if Himiko and Sakamoto end up together it could workout, she would move somewhere else, apply to another high school and continue on, and he could get a job <slacker>. I do wonder what profound effect this will have on him though. I mean the game pretty much enabled him to survive. I am also confused how he wouldn't have a job especially in Japan. I mean companies PAY the best players to play games and represent them in tournaments, so maybe that would be his ending (but the company who makes Btooom is kinda responsible for him being on the island sooo...ya)