Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Mall > Video Game Central

Video Game Central For any and all game discussion threads not related to Naruto

Old 04-21-2013, 04:29 PM   #2301
itachi/madara
Special Jonin Candidate

itachi/madara just might be Kage someday.
itachi/madara just might be Kage someday.itachi/madara just might be Kage someday.itachi/madara just might be Kage someday.itachi/madara just might be Kage someday.itachi/madara just might be Kage someday.itachi/madara just might be Kage someday.itachi/madara just might be Kage someday.
Send a message via Skype™ to itachi/madara
Default Re: League of Legends (These are Quinn-tessential kinds of puns)

K wanna get out of bronze?

Step one - Play an assassin mid

Step two - Gank top and bot every 2 minutes and with their jungler at blue and red

Step three - win

You can't just play someone that is reliant on teammates then complain about not being able to carry yourself out with the same bad teammates

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
itachi/madara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 04:55 PM   #2302
JLI2infinity
Chunin Exam Proctor

JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi/madara View Post

Step two - Gank top and bot every 2 minutes and with their jungler at blue and red

Step three - win

You can't just play someone that is reliant on teammates then complain about not being able to carry yourself out with the same bad teammates
Sure I could do that but where is the skill? Your friend Bacon was the one who said I wasn't good and you followed up by questioning my ability. Tell me what's so good about something any noob can do.

You have a point. It is sort of insane to play a champ reliant on teammates and be upset when your teammates aren't that great, but you forgot about the whole point of my comment. Someone said that elo hell doesn't exist if you are good. That statement is false. Your strategy while viable for getting out of Elo Hell isn't one that requires anything above average knowledge and mediocre gameplay.

What you just said is the same thing as someone camping in CoD. It's a cheap strategy and it doesn't get you better.

Sure I'm upset that I'm kind of stuck in my division but I'd rather wait a season and get out or slowly push through it , than do that. And before you say "well don't complain then" reread the conversation and notice that I didn't start off complaining
JLI2infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:28 PM   #2303
Jakropha
Your Lord Zetsoom

Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Just played a Normal match as Malzahar.

I balled hard, had amazing kills, outwitted a Tryn, owned my lane hard, assisted like a boss, and got away with a few triples.

Still had most deaths.

It was a 80:00 game... that was annoying...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Jakropha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:44 PM   #2304
itachi/madara
Special Jonin Candidate

itachi/madara just might be Kage someday.itachi/madara just might be Kage someday.itachi/madara just might be Kage someday.itachi/madara just might be Kage someday.itachi/madara just might be Kage someday.itachi/madara just might be Kage someday.itachi/madara just might be Kage someday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLI2infinity View Post
Sure I could do that but where is the skill? Your friend Bacon was the one who said I wasn't good and you followed up by questioning my ability. Tell me what's so good about something any noob can do.

You have a point. It is sort of insane to play a champ reliant on teammates and be upset when your teammates aren't that great, but you forgot about the whole point of my comment. Someone said that elo hell doesn't exist if you are good. That statement is false. Your strategy while viable for getting out of Elo Hell isn't one that requires anything above average knowledge and mediocre gameplay.

What you just said is the same thing as someone camping in CoD. It's a cheap strategy and it doesn't get you better.

Sure I'm upset that I'm kind of stuck in my division but I'd rather wait a season and get out or slowly push through it , than do that. And before you say "well don't complain then" reread the conversation and notice that I didn't start off complaining

Pfft, playing poppy mid and carrying is not an easy feat ;P

Old 04-21-2013, 05:53 PM   #2305
Jakropha
Your Lord Zetsoom

Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Play with me fools.

I want one game in before I go to bed!

Jakropha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 06:04 PM   #2306
Devroux

Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Yeah I guess I should expect that from the guy who mains Akali. People who say things like that are the same ones who pick broken or snowball champs like Xin, Akali, Kha'Zix, or Pantheon. Champs that absolutely destroy people who don't know what they're doing.

The thing that makes me laugh the most is that he said I cheese as Cait and Lux when he plays a champ that has no skillshots. And his main adc is double flash Ez, the escape king.
Well, in one aspect, I do understand the use of the faceroll champs. It takes little to no skill to play, but they're the champs that make people listen to you. I went over 20 kills in two matches and have won a couple ranked matches in a row not because I was able to 1v5, but because people were listening to my directions having been capable of getting that many kills.

So yeah, if you want to get out of Bronze, faceroll and command the lesser beings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafy View Post
Dev, Segron is going to kill himself if you don't come. HURRY UP!
I wasn't on a computer at the time, so I apologize.
Quote:

Step three - win

There isn't anyone that can 1v5 truthfully. You can get all the kills, but you're still reliant on the rest of your team for a large amount of damage and them sharing the hurt that you'd take if you were alone.

You're daft if you think telling someone to win the game alone is the right way to give advice. It's a team game, no matter what league you're in. You need the others, just as they need you. You just have to make yourself more needed than the rest.
χ Δ|✝ΣR

Devroux is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 06:09 PM   #2307
JLI2infinity
Chunin Exam Proctor

JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Lol. Speaking of ranked...read the chat. All lanes fed after I ganked for each one sand gave first blood to a Pantheon. Want to know why Cait wanted me reported? Because I didn't go in 3v1 to save her life from a full health Kass, Vayne and Soraka. #RankedLife#NotForTheFaintofHeart

Spoiler:

Quote:
Well, in one aspect, I do understand the use of the faceroll champs. It takes little to no skill to play, but they're the champs that make people listen to you. I went over 20 kills in two matches and have won a couple ranked matches in a row not because I was able to 1v5, but because people were listening to my directions having been capable of getting that many kills.
I understand that point. Fair enough. But all my points to the contrary still hold. And faceroll champs really only work against people who aren't that great at the game (e.g. don't know how to counterpick or don't know the damage phase and fall of phase for their champs).

My definition of broken means a champ that doesn't require much skill but is extremely strong and can get fed while losing a large portion of the game. Akali and Kat fit perfectly into this category. Kha'Zix as well. The real definition of broken involves champs that actually need adjustment like Talon and Riven two patches ago or Zed now who can single target focus an adc at 3/4 health to death instantly through an exhaust.

Last edited by JLI2infinity; 04-21-2013 at 06:15 PM.
Old 04-21-2013, 06:11 PM   #2308
itachi/madara
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Lol. Speaking of ranked...read the chat. All lanes fed after I ganked for each one sand gave first blood to a Pantheon. Want to know why Cait wanted me reported? Because I didn't go in 3v1 to save her life from a full health Kass, Vayne and Soraka. #RankedLife#NotForTheFaintofHeart

Spoiler:
Spirit of the lizard elder

where

Old 04-21-2013, 06:12 PM   #2309
Leafy
has a deathwish!

Leafy just might be Kage someday.
Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

@Dev: K so you'll be on soon, right?
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 06:14 PM   #2310
itachi/madara
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devroux View Post

So yeah, if you want to get out of Bronze, faceroll and command the lesser beings.

I wasn't on a computer at the time, so I apologize.

There isn't anyone that can 1v5 truthfully. You can get all the kills, but you're still reliant on the rest of your team for a large amount of damage and them sharing the hurt that you'd take if you were alone.

You're daft if you think telling someone to win the game alone is the right way to give advice. It's a team game, no matter what league you're in. You need the others, just as they need you. You just have to make yourself more needed than the rest.
Gank them, not take the kills silly

Bringing the enemy adc to like 80 health so your adc can take the kill, you do this to the point where your laners have a massive, massive advantage and can easily rape

Old 04-21-2013, 06:50 PM   #2311
Devroux

Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:

Spoiler:

I understand that point. Fair enough. But all my points to the contrary still hold. And faceroll champs really only work against people who aren't that great at the game (e.g. don't know how to counterpick or don't know the damage phase and fall of phase for their champs).

My definition of broken means a champ that doesn't require much skill but is extremely strong and can get fed while losing a large portion of the game. Akali and Kat fit perfectly into this category. Kha'Zix as well. The real definition of broken involves champs that actually need adjustment like Talon and Riven two patches ago or Zed now who can single target focus an adc at 3/4 health to death instantly through an exhaust.
I personally see counter-picking as an excuse or whatever to make yourself feel better if you lose lane against your "counter." Xerath has massive range and it's super hard to get an up on him when your range is barely half of his, but I managed to win lane despite that because I just blatantly outplayed him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafy View Post
@Dev: K so you'll be on soon, right?
But I was going to watch anime. D:
χ Δ|✝ΣR

Devroux is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 06:56 PM   #2312
Leafy
has a deathwish!

Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Dev we need you. D:

You can watch anime later. <.<
Old 04-21-2013, 08:59 PM   #2313
JLI2infinity
Chunin Exam Proctor

Quote:
Spirit of the lizard elder

where
I couldn't build it seeing as my entire team was getting murdered by a superfed Kass and Vayne and I needed to be able to drive them off without getting instantly blown up by a silence and silver bolt proc. I'd normally take that damage early on to help chunk down some of the back lines and clear camps faster but just take one look at the carries and try to tell me you'd take offense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devroux View Post
I personally see counter-picking as an excuse or whatever to make yourself feel better if you lose lane against your "counter." Xerath has massive range and it's super hard to get an up on him when your range is barely half of his, but I managed to win lane despite that because I just blatantly outplayed him.
Eh I kinda see what you're getting at but the fact that you got on top of a Xerath kind of shows he wasn't the best with that champion, not that you're bad or didn't have your plays but Xerath should rarely let any one get on top of him. Sometimes you will just get bullied out of lane by a counterpick. You just have to deal with it or wait for your jungle. What makes someone good isn't if they lose the lane but if they fall too far behind or feed a lane bully.

For example, if an Irelia is laning against a Darius she won't win trades and will most likely lose the laning phase but if that player stays farmed and knows that Irelia shines mid game and in fights he can turn it around later on.
Old 04-21-2013, 09:04 PM   #2314
itachi/madara
Special Jonin Candidate

Dawg, you're hecarim

You don't chunk down the back lines, you ghost e r into them knock vayne back with your active e into your team and 2 shot her

Old 04-21-2013, 09:19 PM   #2315
JLI2infinity
Chunin Exam Proctor

Quote:
Dawg, you're hecarim

You don't chunk down the back lines, you ghost e r into them knock vayne back with your active e into your team and 2 shot her
Try doing that in the middle of a double Soraka Kass silence (one which takes out like 1/4th of your health) and then getting knocked away by xin zhao only to find out she's activated her ult and is proceeding to murder the rest of your team in stealth. Vayne was 16-4 with armor pen. Even if that combo worked the moment she ends up in front of my team she e's Pant out the way and 3 shots the first person she gets her hands on while I'm too deep to go back and help them. And imagine if I'd built Spirit of the Lizard Elder like you suggested. I'd be lucky to even get close to her before getting torn limb from limb.

I'm fine with that strat in general though if that's what you mean. When I referred to chunking down the carries I meant in overall team fights. I'll usually go in and try to zone them out while they waste damage on me and our carries destroy the rest of the team then I ult when they try to disengage.

Last edited by JLI2infinity; 04-21-2013 at 09:23 PM.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:08 AM   #2316
itachi/madara
Special Jonin Candidate

Pfft, your Ult is for initiating

I'm gonna go with bacon though about before, either add me and play with me or get lolrecorder and post some games so we can criticize you more ;D

Old 04-22-2013, 10:24 AM   #2317
Euron

Euron saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Awards Showcase

Quote:
You really think I don't know how to play the game >.> I know how to survive on my own. I understand spacing and positioning, I'm not some noob. But champs like Zed, Vi, Rengar, and Kha'Zix with heavy single target focus and cc require peel, no matter how good the carry is, if you want the adc to stay in the fight. Otherwise the adc gets picked off and either has to spend a lot of time running (and Varus is not outrunning any of those people) while your team loses all its dps.
The problem I see is that you're placing all your eggs with one champion - Varus. If you want to carry low ELO games, you should be playing a character with escapes (ezreal, corki, graves), or a hypercarry (vayne, kog'maw). Varus is very similar to Ashe and not suited to solo carry as they are utterly dependent on your team to peel/guard you against competent players.

Quote:
As for my Varus, except you didn't mention my 9 assists. Most people don't care about getting carries fed in bronze and will take kills for themselves even supports have made that mistake several times when I've played (last week I had a 4-0 Leona in lane as support). I'm not whining about it a win as a win and spreading wealth is good, but it's just something to point out. I know adcs naturally get assists through kill participation but if i weren't robbed of kills in lane or sometimes in fights it'd be different more like 10/5/6 rather than 7/5/10.

Also, you have to look at the nature of the carry I'm using. Unlike someone like Ez or Cait, Varus is very reliant on teammates to peel and has no escapes. In games where other lanes are fed or teammates don't know how to fight in groups Varus is likely to get focused down hard so I'm bound to have more deaths in solo queue.

And correction there are afkers/ feeders/ trolls in low elo ranked. My friends in gold and silver rarely have this problem. I just find it funny that the people who don't think Elo Hell exists are the ones getting consistently decent teammates and fair games.

3-4 Wins in a row means 3 games with consistent teammates that do not rage, troll, feed, or d/c. And among the 12 different people you get matched with chances are it will happen. The punishment I'm referring to is that you can perform well in multiple games and still fall more and more down the ladder.
I find it Funny that you're saying that you always have afkers/feeders/trolls in your team, while statistically speaking, the opposing team should be more likely to have them, since there are 5 of them and only 4 team-mates.
Having played 3 accounts up to silver from bronze personally, I can safely say that there is no ELO hell, as I usually win 7 out of 10 games at that ELO. Yes, sometimes I get trolls/feeders/afkers, but I've carried games 4v5 multiple times.

I've played my way up from bronze on 3 separate accounts (my main was placed directly into gold due to my last season's gold and placements). Did I get lucky in all of those 100ish games I've played on all those accounts?

Quote:
It's a myth huh. How about you go check my stats from my most recent 20 matches and tell me that again. Please do. Elo hell is very real, just because you had the fortune of being matched with decent teammates that don't hamper your ability to play your role don't assume that everyone shares your luck. In my elo their are numerous afkers, trolls, and generally inexperienced players.

Like I said before I made a mistake by doing some of my placement matches while not being completely prepared but as I am now I can do my job well in every single role and my team will still lose. My last 15 games I have lost as a result of other lanes feeding, afks, poor team fights, or teammates raging at each other and ruining the chemistry. I would say I win my lane 75% of the time. In solo queue your team matters as much as your skill.

And before you say that I don't examine myself trust me I do. I'm aware of my own weaknesses in mechanics as well as map awareness but I'm certainly not bronze level in either of those categories. And as a teammate I must be doing something right since I just got awarded honor ribbons for three different categories yesterday and the "leadership through communication" one is what shows up on my box before each game.

The way the system is set up punishes you more for a loss than it does reward you for a win, and you can consistently perform well while staying stagnant in your division.
It certainly looks like you aren't aware of your own weakness as your champion pool seems very limited. The system is fine, as it's designed to quickly propel people to their real league. I went directly from Silver IV to Silver I, and got my promotion into gold 7 wins after that. Yes those were 7 straight wins. I've also played 2 of my friend's accounts up. Neither of my accounts have any ribbons, but I'm gold on both of them. I must be very lucky indeed to always be carried by my team since I don't get honored, right?

You keep blaming variance, but the only constant in the games you played are you. I'd like to scrim against you, and see how you play, but I'm pretty sure you would have gotten out of bronze a long time ago, if you were as good as you claim.

Euron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:21 AM   #2318
Euron

Euron saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Awards Showcase

Replay for your enjoyment (and improvement): https://www.dropbox.com/s/609dyzj18i...%20%283%29.lrf

Euron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:07 PM   #2319
itachi/madara
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euron View Post
Replay for your enjoyment (and improvement): https://www.dropbox.com/s/609dyzj18i...%20%283%29.lrf
Omg noob learn to dodge vi ult ezpz

gg scrub

also dat ahri quadra op

Old 04-22-2013, 12:47 PM   #2320
Leafy
has a deathwish!

Awards Showcase

I'm going to take a break from LoL. It isn't worth the stress and frustration. Plus, this will give me time to play games that I haven't played in a while....

/blows dust off PS3