Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Battlegrounds Versus Debates > Omniverse

Omniverse Anything goes in this forum. Any multiverse, any singleverse, any fight. Just know in advance that Kakashi can't beat Superman.

View Poll Results: Who would win?
Samurai 5 71.43%
Centurion 2 28.57%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-31-2013, 12:47 PM   #21
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Samurai vs Centurion

their wars against western Europe they proved masters of fortifying small towns and using them as beach heads for massive invasions..that takes resource management skills most western powers never developed for centuries- their force projection abilities were through the roof

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Immortal Watch Dog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 04:48 PM   #22
Raiden
Special Jonin Candidate

Raiden just might be Kage someday.
Raiden just might be Kage someday.Raiden just might be Kage someday.Raiden just might be Kage someday.Raiden just might be Kage someday.Raiden just might be Kage someday.Raiden just might be Kage someday.Raiden just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Immortal Watch Dog View Post
What?! their sea based engineering was hundreds of years ahead of what the rest of the world was capable of. what they pulled off in terms of navigation wasn't matched until colombus..centuries later. What they did in terms of warfare certainly was revolutionary

yes, they were so free so welcoming..so progressive the helots just wanted to be slaves that were at times mercilessly murdered for the lulz

no..they were a pack of xenophobic racist degenerates and they quickly became obsolete
They were the most progressive in terms of freedom and thought, they allowed there woman as much choice as the man had, no body else in the world at that time could say that, and everybody had slaves, they were a necessary evil at that time, and the Vikings were just a bunch of greedy, blood lusted people.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

What you lookin at? You all a bunch of bleep. You know why? You don't have the guts to be what you wanna be? You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your bleep fingers and say, "That's the bad guy" So what that make you? Good? You're not good. You just know how to hide, how to lie. Me, I don't have that problem. Me, I always tell the truth. Even when I lie. So say good night to the bad guy!
Raiden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 04:52 PM   #23
Raiden
Special Jonin Candidate

Raiden just might be Kage someday.Raiden just might be Kage someday.Raiden just might be Kage someday.Raiden just might be Kage someday.Raiden just might be Kage someday.Raiden just might be Kage someday.Raiden just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

To be on topic, Centurion got this, they had better tactics, a huge shield, and more strength. Who cares about the Horses, The Romans had the Turtle.

What you lookin at? You all a bunch of bleep. You know why? You don't have the guts to be what you wanna be? You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your bleep fingers and say, "That's the bad guy" So what that make you? Good? You're not good. You just know how to hide, how to lie. Me, I don't have that problem. Me, I always tell the truth. Even when I lie. So say good night to the bad guy!
Old 03-31-2013, 04:54 PM   #24
athoatho
Veteran Chunin

athoatho is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.athoatho is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.athoatho is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.athoatho is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

-samurai train much much more that centurion
-To IWD what you said about the samurai bullying Japan and and not having enough field experience ma be applicable only for the late ages only, but even those can be compared to the lazy roman hiding behind their Hadrian walls, if i want to use your terms then centurions would be bloody imperial thieves who bullied villagers of different nations
-the samurai had better values they where to fight to death, roman soldier had to fight chained to prevent them from escaping
-samurai had better far range weapon, Katana is longer and sharper and more easily controlled than the roman sword and after all samurai had much better unarmed fighting technique
-the samurai had long time of civil wars against each others = good field experience
-the samurai armor is made of Iron, and cover larger area than that of the centurion
-the samurai spend time training, the centurion spend time watching, and brutally punishing his soldiers

let the roman soldier do this with his thick heavy stupid sword
Everything that's really worthwhile in life comes to us free - our minds, our souls, our bodies, our hopes, our dreams, our intelligence, our love of family and friends and country. All of these priceless possessions are free."
~Earl Nightingale
" Don't cry, Sasuke. Your big brother is here to protect you, no matter what happens." (うちはイタチ, Uchiha Itachi)
athoatho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 04:54 PM   #25
Ninja of Cao
Banned

Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Yahoo to Ninja of Cao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
They were the most progressive in terms of freedom and thought, they allowed there woman as much choice as the man had, no body else in the world at that time could say that, and everybody had slaves, they were a necessary evil at that time, and the Vikings were just a bunch of greedy, blood lusted people.
Do not insult my ancestors whose blood flow through my veins, whose conquests brought west, east and south to their knees before the might of the North. Vikings were among the mightiest warriors on earth: they slaughtered any opposition, from French knights to Turkish Mamluks to Beothuk natives and their longships dominated the seas of Europe for 300 years. They were not undisciplined because they used lightning-fast attacks with lots of civilian casualties, they were a well-organized fighting machine with the most mobile and well-trained force in Europe - and possibly, the world - at the time. They were not axe brutes who lived in huts: they had castles, cavalry, archers and discipline just like the best European forces of the time.
Ninja of Cao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 04:56 PM   #26
Raiden
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja of Cao View Post
Do not insult my ancestors whose blood flow through my veins, whose conquests brought west, east and south to their knees before the might of the North. Vikings were among the mightiest warriors on earth: they slaughtered any opposition, from French knights to Turkish Mamluks to Beothuk natives and their longships dominated the seas of Europe for 300 years. They were not undisciplined because they used lightning-fast attacks with lots of civilian casualties, they were a well-organized fighting machine with the most mobile and well-trained force in Europe - and possibly, the world - at the time. They were not axe brutes who lived in huts: they had castles, cavalry, archers and discipline just like the best European forces of the time.
Hey, you insulted mines, they would rape the women of every village they would pass by, at least the Mongols showed mercy by killing them.

Old 03-31-2013, 04:57 PM   #27
Raiden
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by athoatho View Post
-To IWD what you said about the samurai bullying Japan and and not having enough field experience ma be applicable only for the late ages only, but even those can be compared to the lazy roman hiding behind their Hadrian walls, if i want to use your terms then centurions would be bloody imperial thieves who bullied villagers of different nations
-the samurai had better values they where to fight to death, roman soldier had to fight chained to prevent them from escaping
-samurai had better far range weapon, Katana is longer and sharper and more easily controlled than the roman sword and after all samurai had much better unarmed fighting technique
-the samurai had long time of civil wars against each others = good field experience
-the samurai armor is made of Iron, and cover larger area than that of the centurion
-the samurai spend time training, the centurion spend time watching, and brutally punishing his soldiers

How does the Samurai brake through the turtle.

Old 03-31-2013, 04:59 PM   #28
Ninja of Cao
Banned

Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Hey, you insulted mines, they would rape the women of every village they would pass by, at least the Mongols showed mercy by killing them.
Mongols did not kill innocents: they gave every city a choice to give up and be treated like equal citizens or resist and be annihilated. In my opinion the cities erased by Mongols chose their own fate.

I don't know what your sources for that are, but most Viking warlords would slaughter any warrior who raped a woman. It was not uncommon to kidnap women and bring them to Scandinavia, though, where they would be raised to become wives of Vikings. There is DNA traces of North American native women on Iceland dating back to the 900's, for example.
Old 03-31-2013, 05:05 PM   #29
Raiden
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Mongols did not kill innocents: they gave every city a choice to give up and be treated like equal citizens or resist and be annihilated. In my opinion the cities erased by Mongols chose their own fate.

I don't know what your sources for that are, but most Viking warlords would slaughter any warrior who raped a woman. It was not uncommon to kidnap women and bring them to Scandinavia, though, where they would be raised to become wives of Vikings. There is DNA traces of North American native women on Iceland dating back to the 900's, for example.
Look up "Eurasi" it was the one of the few.

Old 03-31-2013, 05:08 PM   #30
athoatho
Veteran Chunin

athoatho is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.athoatho is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.athoatho is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.athoatho is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
How does the Samurai brake through the turtle.
it is man to man fight there is no turtle
( though obelix could break through turtle )
Everything that's really worthwhile in life comes to us free - our minds, our souls, our bodies, our hopes, our dreams, our intelligence, our love of family and friends and country. All of these priceless possessions are free."
~Earl Nightingale
" Don't cry, Sasuke. Your big brother is here to protect you, no matter what happens." (うちはイタチ, Uchiha Itachi)
Old 03-31-2013, 05:19 PM   #31
Raiden
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
it is man to man fight there is no turtle
( though obelix could break through turtle )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMuSyEud3BE
Again, How does the Samurai brake the Turtle.

Old 03-31-2013, 05:24 PM   #32
Raiden
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

What Samurai clan is it Ninja?

Old 03-31-2013, 05:27 PM   #33
Ninja of Cao
Banned

Awards Showcase

Quote:
What Samurai clan is it Ninja?
I have not specified a clan, but the type of Samurai should be determined from his equipment: Do-maru armor, mounted on horseback, and armed with a katana, a naginata and a yumi.
Old 03-31-2013, 05:31 PM   #34
Raiden
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

I was hoping you would say Odo lol I have so much dirt on the Odo.

Old 03-31-2013, 05:58 PM   #35
Blind Uchiha
formerly Kuroi Kagai
Lightning Amp Disciple
Justice of the BG

Blind Uchiha just might be Kage someday.
Blind Uchiha just might be Kage someday.Blind Uchiha just might be Kage someday.Blind Uchiha just might be Kage someday.Blind Uchiha just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Blind Uchiha

I'd give this fight to the centurion nine times out of ten. Most of shogun era Japan's weaponry was designed to combat opponents using little to no armor. The Romans, who mastered Greek combat strategy and perfected it, excelled at fighting quick lightly armored opponents. An experienced centurion would be able to fend off a mounted samurai.

Blind Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 06:01 PM   #36
Raiden
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

I'm sorry if people were offended about what I said about the Viking, I was just pointing out some of the negatives I've read and making it seem bigger then what it really was.

Old 03-31-2013, 09:42 PM   #37
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
oh lord Samurai fanboyism

Quote:
you do realize that Hadrians wall was one..frontier on one tiny island..on the back of a pretty massive empire..and that prior to building said wall Rome spent twenty years brutally slaughtering the British...that they routinely faced down many tribes along their frontiers and the ones they couldn't buy off they did in favt fight

Quote:
-the samurai had better values they where to fight to death,
the Samurai were a bunch of demented pedophiles who got off murdering and oppressing peasants when there was peace.

Roman soldiers did also fight to the death, the only major difference being they were smart about while Japan historically was very retarded about "giving ones life needlessly" and all
Quote:
roman soldier had to fight chained to prevent them from escaping
..in prison brigades..
Quote:
the Katana is a horrible weapon and it sucks

Quote:
no the samurai had one large civil war then hundreds of years of peace, one Mongol invasion and a curbstomping by them and then thirty years of peace than civil war then peace...then the sengoku jidai period..and then stagnation

so y'know yer full of crap again

Quote:
Japanese metallurgy epic fails

Quote:
Samurai spend time training, doing poetry, rehearsing tea ceremonies, learning accounting and then doing the martial stuff

Centurions actually do more training

Quote:

your computer screen needs windex buddy

Quote:
Mongols did not kill innocents:
...umm what?!

their body count was the highest of any war in human history up until world war two..they depopulated entire cities slaughter numerous tens of millions as a matter of foreign policy...simply to make a political point

like hell..they completely annihilated Baghdad..broke the middle easts culture completely and it still hasn't recovered - these people were so brutal it took the god damn nazi's to out shine them..holy crap

now if you mean vikings that's equally false everyone in eruope routinely engaged in the slaughtering of innocent people,. the main reason why the west rules the world today is because our ancestors were better at murder than everyone else

Quote:
like hell they were, they were incredibly restrictive to anybody who wasn't spartan like the Samurai they openly promoted pedophilia in their ranks as a matter of training their own soldiers (while romans boinked anything that moved..they didn't do this and in fact discouraged it among their soldiers) the stuff they did to their helots was insane

as for the Vikings..ermm their political system was remarkably progressive, they had shield maidens and female warriors, their technology and military tactics were hundreds of years ahead of their time, their civilization wasn't backwards

Quote:
I'm sorry if people were offended about what I said about the Viking, I was just pointing out some of the negatives I've read and making it seem bigger then what it really was.
they were brutal but everyone was there the Vikings are stereotyped as dumb brutes like the mongols when in truth they were heads over heels above their peers by leagues

not that both societies weren't unfathomably brutal and cruel but that doesn't alter how advanced they were in some ways

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Uchiha View Post
I'd give this fight to the centurion nine times out of ten. Most of shogun era Japan's weaponry was designed to combat opponents using little to no armor. The Romans, who mastered Greek combat strategy and perfected it, excelled at fighting quick lightly armored opponents. An experienced centurion would be able to fend off a mounted samurai.
to add to what BU says they also took the Greek fighting styles and advanced them but also created their own methods of war

The Immortal Watch Dog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 03:33 AM   #38
athoatho
Veteran Chunin

-Centurions actually do more training: how can you prove this,
-you do realize that Hadrians wall was one..frontier on one tiny island.:very true but this was part of many walls that was built all over Europe, a point that is considered first step to the collapse of the Roman empire
-the Katana is a horrible weapon and it sucks: national geographic says the reverse, I go with NG
-Japanese metallurgy epic fails: the Japanese sword are considered medieval nanotechnology
-like hell..they completely annihilated Baghdad.: true
-and it still hasn't recovered: thanks to W
- the main reason why the west rules the world today is because our ancestors were better at murder than everyone else: are proud about this ?
~Earl Nightingale

Last edited by athoatho; 04-01-2013 at 03:35 AM.
Old 04-01-2013, 03:49 AM   #39
Raiden
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Immortal Watch Dog View Post
oh lord Samurai fanboyism

you do realize that Hadrians wall was one..frontier on one tiny island..on the back of a pretty massive empire..and that prior to building said wall Rome spent twenty years brutally slaughtering the British...that they routinely faced down many tribes along their frontiers and the ones they couldn't buy off they did in favt fight

the Samurai were a bunch of demented pedophiles who got off murdering and oppressing peasants when there was peace.

Roman soldiers did also fight to the death, the only major difference being they were smart about while Japan historically was very retarded about "giving ones life needlessly" and all

..in prison brigades..

the Katana is a horrible weapon and it sucks

no the samurai had one large civil war then hundreds of years of peace, one Mongol invasion and a curbstomping by them and then thirty years of peace than civil war then peace...then the sengoku jidai period..and then stagnation

so y'know yer full of crap again

Japanese metallurgy epic fails

Samurai spend time training, doing poetry, rehearsing tea ceremonies, learning accounting and then doing the martial stuff

Centurions actually do more training

your computer screen needs windex buddy

...umm what?!

their body count was the highest of any war in human history up until world war two..they depopulated entire cities slaughter numerous tens of millions as a matter of foreign policy...simply to make a political point

like hell..they completely annihilated Baghdad..broke the middle easts culture completely and it still hasn't recovered - these people were so brutal it took the god damn nazi's to out shine them..holy crap

now if you mean vikings that's equally false everyone in eruope routinely engaged in the slaughtering of innocent people,. the main reason why the west rules the world today is because our ancestors were better at murder than everyone else

like hell they were, they were incredibly restrictive to anybody who wasn't spartan like the Samurai they openly promoted pedophilia in their ranks as a matter of training their own soldiers (while romans boinked anything that moved..they didn't do this and in fact discouraged it among their soldiers) the stuff they did to their helots was insane

as for the Vikings..ermm their political system was remarkably progressive, they had shield maidens and female warriors, their technology and military tactics were hundreds of years ahead of their time, their civilization wasn't backwards

they were brutal but everyone was there the Vikings are stereotyped as dumb brutes like the mongols when in truth they were heads over heels above their peers by leagues

not that both societies weren't unfathomably brutal and cruel but that doesn't alter how advanced they were in some ways

to add to what BU says they also took the Greek fighting styles and advanced them but also created their own methods of war
and Nobody else was different during the Ancient Era in that regard. But to admit, I never heard of the pedophilia in Sparta, (I always here the Athenians doing that, thank you for teaching me something.) It as a time of progress. There is no arguing about the Viking's might in battle and how smart they were with Troop management, but I never met someone who thought the Viking's were stupid.
Quote:
-Centurions actually do more training: how can you prove this,
-you do realize that Hadrians wall was one..frontier on one tiny island.:very true but this was part of many walls that was built all over Europe, a point that is considered first step to the collapse of the Roman empire
-the Katana is a horrible weapon and it sucks: national geographic says the reverse, I go with NG
-Japanese metallurgy epic fails: the Japanese sword are considered medieval nanotechnology
-like hell..they completely annihilated Baghdad.: true
-and it still hasn't recovered: thanks to W
- the main reason why the west rules the world today is because our ancestors were better at murder than everyone else: are proud about this ?
Your coming off as a weeaboo bro, how does the Katana defeat the Turtle?

Old 04-01-2013, 04:12 AM   #40
athoatho
Veteran Chunin

To Raiden: IWD said that that katana was terrible, National geographic states the reverse so i was asking why he considered katana terrible, it is long sharp and strong sword, it has multiple layers of steel with different different carbon concentration, I read an article about Nano technology in Japanese Sowrd ( but i couldnt find the reference ) i would be glad for any explanation.
and regarding the TURTLE: the fight we are discussing here is a man to man fight, one to one, ( simply cause centurion does not fight in groups ) so there is no turtle, a turtle is a constellation formed by a group of soldiers not single soldier
I also wanted an explanation about ( samurai/pedophilia )
~Earl Nightingale

Tags
centurion, japan, rome, samurai