Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Great Off-Topica > Creative Corner

Creative Corner Fanfiction? Check. Fan Art? Check. Anything else you can imagine creating? Check, check, check. Just keep those pesky forum rules in mind!

Old 03-19-2013, 07:24 AM   #1
Ryaque
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: I'ma partyin' wit dah Dothraki and "crowning" Viserys! xD
Ryaque is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Ryaque is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Ryaque is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Ryaque is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Ryaque is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Send a message via Yahoo to Ryaque Send a message via Skype™ to Ryaque
Default Within the Shadows

Intro:

He doesn't see me. After all, how could he? He is only a man. I am not even human.

I watch him walk through the trees. His stride is confident. His eyes are bright. He's happy. What has made him so? Certainly not me, though I yearned to make him happy. I yearned to have him see me. But he can't. He is only a man.

I am a creature of shadows.

Beside me, my companion stirs. Silently, I will him to remain asleep before turning back to the man. His eyes are hazel. His hair is chestnut, long, and unruly. He wears loose clothing of black and walks with total confidence through the forest. He feels there is nothing in the forest that can harm him. How could he know about the two shadow creatures hiding not even three meters away?

He continues to walk away and with each step, my heart breaks just a little more. Ever since I was little, I have watched the world of Man. I have yearned to be seen, to be heard, but I do not dare disobey the Laws. The Laws of the Shadows, the Laws of my world, my kind. The Shadow Creatures. The Anti-Beings.

Man's mortal enemies...

"Dravina, what is it you stare at?" My companion asked in a soft voice, stretching much like the feline he resembled and absently licked his giant paws. "I do not pretend to understand your fascination with humans."

"Why can they not see us?"

His violet eyes met mine and in them I saw intelligence that far surpassed mine, as well as a wisdom that I could never hope to achieve in my life. "The same reason we are forbidden to speak to them."

"Surely they are not all that bad."

"That kind of thinking will get you killed, Dravina. Even your repeated observing is putting you in danger."

"Why can they not see us...?"

"They are Man. We are not." Without another word, he turned and disappeared inside the dark forest.

"There must be a reason they cannot see us..." I looked back towards the direction he had disappeared in and bit my lip, lost in thought. Why can't he see me?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Ryaque; 03-19-2013 at 07:30 AM.
Ryaque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:41 PM   #2
Ryaque
Special Jonin Candidate

Ryaque is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Ryaque is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Ryaque is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Ryaque is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Ryaque is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: Within the Shadows

Well I received two positive reputations for my writting so I'll continue. Next part will be up hopefully today, at the lastest the weekend.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:05 PM   #3
Ryaque
Special Jonin Candidate

One:

The sun was just setting behind he distant hills when I stirred from my sleep. Stretching, I sat up from my companions side and gazed around the newly darkened meadow. There was already dew on the grass and the crickets chirped their night time symphonies. Owls whoooed in the night and the occasional howl from a wolf pack made the very air shiver.

"Dravina," a voice called from the other end of the meadow, hidden in the darkness, "wanna spar?"

"I always beat you Dragin."

"Not this time." Dragin stepped out from the darkness, all six foot seven of him, and grinned triumphantly. He was the same age as me with short black hair and violet eyes. His skin was pale and he always wore a cloak that appeared to me made of the darkest shadows. He was also the closest thing I had to a brother.

Getting to my feet, I tried not to feel jealous that he was a full three feet taller then I was. Brushing my long braid of red hair behind my back, I met Dragin's eyes and grinned. "Ready to lose once again brother?"

"I'll make you eat those words sister." He crouched low and flexed his fingers like he had claws. I did the same and immediately felt the energy stir around me. I could visible see it, in the plants and the air. Withing the small animals that scurried around in the night. Humans call it Aura, but we call it the Life Stream. It flowed in everything. Every living thing.

Except for the Shadow Creatures that lurked in the darkness. We weren't really alive after all...

Without warning, Dragin manipulated the Life Stream around him to create a sword and swung vertically. I dodged easily, diving to the left them used the Life Stream to form claws and slashed at his unprotected back. He spun and blocked my claws with his sword before both our weapons vanished.

I leapt backwards, flipping gracefully in the air, and landed on a solid tree branch before forming a bow and arrows with the Life Stream from the tree and shot arrows at Dragin. What ones he didn't dodge he formed a sheild for.

"You're going easy on me Dravina."

"Of course, I'd hate to damage that pretty little face that Kalla loves so much."

That made him angry and from then on the sparring intesified. We spent half the night just fighting eachother, never landing any serious blows, and giving eachother a decent workout before my companion stirred and got to his feet. He shook the dew from his fur and seemed to groan.

"Must you two always fight? Honestly, you're worst then children."

"Forgive us Ra, but you know how us kids are." Dragin grinned and threw a protective arm over my shoulder.

I smiled and playfully shoved his side before turning back to Ra. "Are you going to hunt?"

Ra stretched, his black fur rippling, hiding his well-toned muscles beneath and looked at me with intelligent feline eyes. "Of course. I'll be back at sunrise." With that, he took off into the woods. Death on silent paws.

"Ra is so awesome. I'm stuck with an annoying bird."

I gasped. "Chirup would be so heart broken!"

Dragin laughed. "Chirup doesn't care. She's too busy always humming in my ear."

I kicked him hard in the shin. "Respect your companion!"

"Owch! Hey! What was that for?"

I grinned and took off, laughing as Dragin lummbered after me into the dark forest.

Last edited by Ryaque; 03-22-2013 at 03:55 PM.
Old 03-22-2013, 04:15 PM   #4
Ryaque
Special Jonin Candidate

Two:

I see two humans. No, I see two people. I see two happy people. A man and a woman. She is holding his hand. She is laughing and smiling, but I can see a darkness in her eyes. As if it was a tangible thing, I saw her sorrow. At first, it was almost invisible, minute traces of darkness within her white soul. But then, as they walk and he talks of the future, the darkness grows. It consumes even patch of light her soul had, but still she laughs and smiles. Does she not realize what is happening to her? She is losing herself in the darkness of despair and sorrow. Of longing and self-loathing. She is losing herself.

"What's wrong, my love?"

"Nothing..." Her voice is quite. Her smile vanishes.

"What is wrong?" He gently strokes her cheek and looks into her eyes. Suddenly, I am the man. I see the woman through his eyes. Tears stream down her face. Her throut is tight; she struggles to breathe. She says something, but I cannot understand the words. She falls to her knees and begs. I shake my head. She pleads more, but still I refuse. Then, she suddenly stops crying. The darkness in her soul has now turned red, and she leaps to her feet and screams in rage. Her face is bright red and contorted in anger. I back away and sob. I don't know why she wants to do this. I don't know why she doesn't see the truth. Then, finally, I hear words. A single sentence that shatters my soul. "I love another."

I bolt awake after having the horrible dream. I've often had it, ever since I was little, but every time I'm always left feeling a sense of heartbreak and loneliness. I always see the same man. I don't want to leave, yet I want to. I want to stay with him, yet I love another and desire his company. I hate myself, yet only seek to find happiness and peace. Why do I want to leave the man? Why does he refuse to let me go? Why do I have such a dream?

"Dravina," Ra came into my view and sat gracefully infront of me. He starred at me unblinking with his violet eyes, peering into my very soul.

"Ra..." Without thinking, I crawled forward from the grass and wrapped my arms around the large cat's powerful neck. Without a word, he lowered his head and wrapped a paw around my fragile body. I heard his heart beat powerfully in his chest. I felt his breath. I felt comforted in his presence.

I don't know how long we stayed like that, but eventually, Ra lowered his paw and gently nuzzled my face. "We must go."

"Go where?"

"The Council has summoned you."

The Council... The ones who rule over all Anti-Creatures and Shadow Creatures. They hold absolute power. To disobey the Council is to condemn one's life to be put to death. A chill ran down my spine. "What do they want?"

"I do not know." Ra turned and started to walk away but stopped after taking two strides. "Dravina, perhaps you should take to the Oracle about those dreams."

"Why do they matter...?"

"You've seen that man, that human, in them. Yes?"

"Yes."

"Then consult the Oracle. You remember the last time one of our kind had dreams like that..."

"Of course I remember..." That person had been my mother... She dreamed of a human and somehow managed to get herself seen by him. He ended up raping her and leaving her for dead. When the Council found out, they held no pity for her. They left her tied like an animal at the edge of a cliff and let the sun destroy her slowly as our entire village watched. I was only five years old... "I could never forget..."

Old 03-28-2013, 06:13 PM   #5
Ryaque
Special Jonin Candidate

Alright, so no one is posting or telling me they enjoy the story so I suppose yet another of my FanFictions has died.

Old 03-28-2013, 06:17 PM   #6
konoha chimp
Special Jonin Candidate

konoha chimp is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.konoha chimp is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
konoha chimp is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.konoha chimp is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.konoha chimp is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.konoha chimp is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.konoha chimp is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.konoha chimp is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.konoha chimp is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.konoha chimp is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.konoha chimp is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

No not at all! be more confident this is great and you're a very good writer

konoha chimp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:25 PM   #7
Mangetsu Hozuki
Special Jonin Candidate

Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

No, no! It's great as always. I just have to spread some rep around first.

Officially Addicted

Arrow (TV Show)

Cats

Archery

Lord Of The Rings

Wheel of Time

A Song Of Fire and Ice

Inspirational Quotes
Mangetsu Hozuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:27 PM   #8
Ryaque
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by konoha chimp View Post
No not at all! be more confident this is great and you're a very good writer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangetsu Hozuki View Post
No, no! It's great as always. I just have to spread some rep around first.
Thank you to the both of you. I will continue writting it then.

Old 04-04-2013, 06:00 AM   #9
Ryaque
Special Jonin Candidate

Three:

I followed Ra through the forest. The sun was just comming up so we kept to the shadows. That's where we felt safest and the most powerful: the shadows. Direct sunlight at first weakens us, the starts to burn us like paper over a fire, and eventually kills us. Maybe have theories, but I believe the sun is a source of life for man and animals of this world, and since we are not alive, we are not welcome under its gaze. The moon is our sun. We feel alive under its gently silver beams.

Yet Man fears the moon. He fears the night. He thrives in the sun where we burn.

Such opposites could never be together. Could they?

"Dravina, do you know what today is?"

Ra's voice, so much like a soft growl rather then an actualy voice brought me away from my thoughts. "The first day of the thirteenth month..."

"The anniversary of your mother's execution..." Ra completed what I was already thinking softly and continued walking.

I watched him and not for the first time wondered how he ended up my companion. Every shadow creature has a companion of an animal shadow creature. They are the opposite of the creatures that live in the world of Man. Ra for example, he is an anti-tiger, an anti-white-tiger to be more exact. As a result, his fur is black with small white stripes instead of white with black strips. As is always with our kind, he also has violet eyes that allow us to see the Life Stream around us. Dragin has an anti-hummingbird. Instead of bright, vibrant colors as is custom with such creatures, Chirup is a wash of blacks and greys, but that doesn't spoil her good mood she always seems to be in.

Dragin and I are anti-beings as well, anti-humans I guess you could call us. There is a legend within our people that each human has an anti-human to match, and if the two should ever meet, the anti-human will die while the human becomes more powerful. Yet another reason my people fear Mankind and hide whenever any draw near. Dragin believes the stories and, like many of my kind, has never seen a human before. I'm a bit more skeptical. If there is an human version out there, won't she be just like me? Or will she be the exact opposite? Will she have a family? Will she be a wonderful person? Will she be beautiful? I am none of those things...

"Dravina," Ra practically roared to get my attention, "pay attention child!"

Looking up, I saw we were approaching the Council's Circle. Thirteen of the largest black oak trees all growing in a circle and inside are the thirteen council members, each one assigned to a tree I guess. No one remembers how those thirteen shadow creatures became council members, all the old ones are either part of the council or dead. Neither speak of it.

"Dravina, how good of you to come so quickly," the leader of the council, a giant bear of a man named Drake smiled at me. He must've been seven feet tall. "Come in my dear." He motioned me inside but hissed at Ra when he tried to follow. "No companions were summoned here."

Only a council member would dare speak to Ra like that. Despite Drake's position of power, Ra roared in protest but made no attempt to follow me. I don't blame him.

I stood in the center of the trees, feeling the thirteen pairs of violet eyes trained on me, but I didn't flinch under their gaze. I refused to show them any weakness. I was my mother's daughter.

"Dravina, do you know why you are here?" One of them asked. I didn't care enough to see who it was.

"No."

"Then let us enlighten you," that was Drake. I would recognize the slyness in his voice any day. "We're here to talk about that human..."

Old 04-04-2013, 06:22 AM   #10
Mangetsu Hozuki
Special Jonin Candidate

Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Mangetsu Hozuki is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Dum dum dum DUM..

Officially Addicted

Arrow (TV Show)

Cats

Archery

Lord Of The Rings

Wheel of Time

A Song Of Fire and Ice

Inspirational Quotes
Old 04-04-2013, 06:45 AM   #11
Ryaque
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangetsu Hozuki View Post
Dum dum dum DUM..
Haha, I assume you liked the chapter then?

Old 04-04-2013, 10:00 AM   #12
Mangetsu Hozuki
Special Jonin Candidate

It was pretty good.

Officially Addicted

Arrow (TV Show)

Cats

Archery

Lord Of The Rings

Wheel of Time

A Song Of Fire and Ice

Inspirational Quotes
Old 04-22-2013, 05:05 AM   #13
Ryaque
Special Jonin Candidate

Four:

Ra was waiting for me after the Council finally dismissed me. The sun was about to come up, which is considered late for our people, and Ra was very careful to keep to the shadows. He didn't say a word as I walked past him. He just followed silently.

Eventually, just before the sun rose, we reached my cave. Most of my people lived in caves, or some just stayed in the darkest parts of the forest. I perfered the cave because it was always so quiet and large enough for both Ra and myself.

Inside, it was pleasently dry and warm. A small bed of furs served as my bed; Ra perferred to sleep where ever he fell. He claimed a bed made him "look domestic." Why a bed makes a tiger look domestic, I'll never understand, but it's better to just go along with him then argue. Shadow-creature or not, the same general rule applied not to mess with tigers or you'll end up with teeth in your windpipe.
Feeling the Life Stream around me, I encouraged it to heat up then suddenly the fire spurred to life and burned powerfuly, ripping apart the darkness. Sitting on my bed, I starred into the flames and thought of how close I came today of dying, if creatures who are made of shadows truly can die.

"What did they want?" Ra finally asked without glancing at me.

"They thought I was involved on the humans being freaked out over a 'monster' they saw in the forest. Apparently, the culprit named me as an accomplice."

Ra growled, his fur standing on end. "He is lucky I did not get a chance to sink my teeth into his skrawny hide."

"How did he do it...?" I didn't mean to speak the question aloud, and instantly I wished I could take it back, but it was too late.

"Dravina! Talking to humans is forbidden! I does not matter how he managed to get himself seen! He is a traitor as you will be if you continue these foolish wonderings!"

"You think I don't know that?! My own mother was murdered for treason!"

"Then you of all people should know better."

I was silent. He was right, I should know better. I did know better. And yet, I couldn't get the man out of my head. Whether I be awake or asleep he torments me still. Torments me to the brink of insanity and the only way to stop myself from going over the edge is to see him with my own eyes even though he cannot see me in the shadows. Lurking. Watching. Waiting.

I wanted it to end. I didn't enjoy the feelings the human stirred in me; dangerous feelings that could easily get me killed if someone found out about them. Yet, a small part, a part that feels almost alien to me, wanted me to give in, to find a way for him to see me, to fall in love and be happy. But then again, that's what my mother wanted and look what happened to her...

The forest was lively at night, as always. Owls soared silently through the air and rats fled in fear from their shadows. The air was chilly, but it didn't effect me.
Walking, my thoughts began to roam, at they often did, toward the human man. I didn't even know his name. I didn't know where he lived, if he had a family, or even how old he was. I didn't know anything about him which frustrated me to no end. It's kind of hard to have a conversation with someone who cannot see or hear you.

A twig snapped and my mind returned to reality. Crouching down, pullling Life Stream towards me, I prepared for a fight. A light from a lantern attracted my eye and as if my thoughts made him appear like magic, there he was: my human. His hair looked black in the darkness and his eyes looked like they were searching for something until they rested on me and he smiled.

No, he can't see me. It's impossible!

"Hello Dravina, it's about time you showed yourself. I was beginning to think I'd have to give up on you."

My heart stopped then something struck me from behind and my entire world went black.

Old 05-05-2013, 01:44 PM   #14
Mangetsu Hozuki
Special Jonin Candidate

Nice.

Officially Addicted

Arrow (TV Show)

Cats

Archery

Lord Of The Rings

Wheel of Time

A Song Of Fire and Ice

Inspirational Quotes
Old 05-05-2013, 03:48 PM   #15
Ryaque
Special Jonin Candidate

Thank you. I'll try to have the next part up soon but...things are kind of tough right now...

Old 05-05-2013, 03:51 PM   #16
Mangetsu Hozuki
Special Jonin Candidate

No rush.

Officially Addicted

Arrow (TV Show)

Cats

Archery

Lord Of The Rings

Wheel of Time

A Song Of Fire and Ice

Inspirational Quotes
Old 05-05-2013, 04:15 PM   #17
Greenrust
Special Jonin Candidate

Greenrust just might be Kage someday.
Greenrust just might be Kage someday.Greenrust just might be Kage someday.Greenrust just might be Kage someday.

I just found this and is nicely written. I need to learn how to rep xD

Complete credit to LHG for the amazing pic, describes me well :P
Greenrust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 04:16 PM   #18
Mangetsu Hozuki
Special Jonin Candidate

That was a joke, right? Press the little scale thing below the rep bar.

Officially Addicted

Arrow (TV Show)

Cats

Archery

Lord Of The Rings

Wheel of Time

A Song Of Fire and Ice

Inspirational Quotes
Old 05-05-2013, 04:18 PM   #19
NINE-TAILS-BIJU
Special Jonin Candidate

NINE-TAILS-BIJU is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.NINE-TAILS-BIJU is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.NINE-TAILS-BIJU is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
NINE-TAILS-BIJU is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.NINE-TAILS-BIJU is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.NINE-TAILS-BIJU is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.NINE-TAILS-BIJU is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.NINE-TAILS-BIJU is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.NINE-TAILS-BIJU is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.NINE-TAILS-BIJU is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.NINE-TAILS-BIJU is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.NINE-TAILS-BIJU is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.NINE-TAILS-BIJU is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.NINE-TAILS-BIJU is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.NINE-TAILS-BIJU is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to NINE-TAILS-BIJU

you repp by clicking on the scale thing on the post they made, its right where the user name is.

nice Ryaque!!

~World of Meep~
I BLAME FORUM FOR HAVING SUCH A SUCKY SIGGY ;~;
NINE-TAILS-BIJU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 04:27 PM   #20
Ryaque
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenrust View Post
I just found this and is nicely written. I need to learn how to rep xD
Quote:
Originally Posted by NINE-TAILS-BIJU View Post
you repp by clicking on the scale thing on the post they made, its right where the user name is.

nice Ryaque!!
Thank you to both of you. In tough times like I'm going through, little comments like these help me to keep going. Thank you.