Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Leaf Village Council > Forum Feedback & Issues

Forum Feedback & Issues Having problems using the forums or site? Maybe you have some feedback about the site you'd like to share? Post it here.

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 08:38 AM   #1
Toma
Freshmen Academy Student

Toma is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Feedback on why the forum is having issues.

Toma here, posting with an alt as I can't log in.

I have some feedback on why some of the issues we are having are cropping up. I may not be 100% on as I have zero access to anything at viz but I found a strange hint.

When I failed to log in I got the following message in my email:

Quote:
Dear Toma RNK,

Someone has tried to log into your account on Naruto Discussion Forum with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 10.245.201.79

All the best,
Naruto Discussion Forum
Note the IP address. Now read up on private IP ranges. I'd post a link but cannot with this account.

10.ANYTHING is a private IP address I am trying to log in from. This means that apparently my computer is inside the viz network. As I am on the other side of the country and using public web forms and not actively hacking viz, this means your systems are confused.

My guess is that in an effort to prevent people from getting lost you have some sort of redirect from naruto.viz.com/forum to forum.naruto.viz.com and for some insane reason you are bouncing all requests through your internal network.

The first thing I would do to troubleshoot is put up a page at naruto.viz.com/forum that says "WE MOVED, CLICK HERE TO GO TO OUR NEW HOME." Then turn off your redirect.

Again, I have no real knowledge of your network, how much server resources you are paying amazon to host, or anything like that, but the redirect should be looked at cause internal IP addresses in failed login emails are sketchy, and it would also explain why every login attempt gets flagged as 5 login failures.

Rice knows my cell if I can be of further assistance.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:46 AM   #2
Sajjy
Freshmen Academy Student

Sajjy is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Feedback on why the forum is having issues.

Yep, I got the same message Toma did. No idea why Viz would have all traffic rerouted through an internal private IP (I would highly recommend snipping out the IP btw, just in case )
Old 03-24-2013, 08:51 AM   #3
Booty Sweat
Freshmen Academy Student

Booty Sweat is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

This thing needs to be resolved before the sweat reaches my anus. I'm terrible at making alts!
Old 03-24-2013, 09:02 AM   #4
Toma
Freshmen Academy Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sajjy View Post
Yep, I got the same message Toma did. No idea why Viz would have all traffic rerouted through an internal private IP (I would highly recommend snipping out the IP btw, just in case )
An internal address like that wouldn't help most people due to how firewalls, NATing, and public ip addresses work. Leaving it public for viz to see vastly outweighs any security risks by leaving it up.

Viz can edit it if they want/are able.

You getting the same exact message proves my theory though.
Old 03-24-2013, 09:05 AM   #5
Pokeatron
Freshmen Academy Student

Pokeatron is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I got that message too. No matter how hard I try I can't log into my original account. And so I'm reduced to this.
Old 03-24-2013, 09:07 AM   #6
Sajjy
Freshmen Academy Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toma View Post
An internal address like that wouldn't help most people due to how firewalls, NATing, and public ip addresses work. Leaving it public for viz to see vastly outweighs any security risks by leaving it up.

Viz can edit it if they want/are able.

You getting the same exact message proves my theory though.
True but it does prove that every person coming here is getting the same IP. :/
Old 03-24-2013, 09:10 AM   #7
Sajjy
Freshmen Academy Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toma View Post
It prove we are being bounced through the same internal IP address, lending weight to my thought it is the redirect.
Yeah.

Since I can't pm you, I'll ask you here: you able to come on skype atm, or busy ?

edit: posting is messed up >_>
Old 03-24-2013, 09:12 AM   #8
Toma
Freshmen Academy Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sajjy View Post
True but it does prove that every person coming here is getting the same IP. :/
It prove we are being bounced through the same internal IP address, lending weight to my thought it is the redirect.
Old 03-24-2013, 09:15 AM   #9
Toma
Freshmen Academy Student

I'm going to openly admit that I'm going to farm this thread until PM's and links work on my account. I'll delete them after the crisis.
Old 03-24-2013, 09:16 AM   #10
Toma
Freshmen Academy Student

More posts, more power.
Old 03-24-2013, 09:18 AM   #11
Sajjy
Freshmen Academy Student

*cough* unlike me to be post farming XD
Old 03-24-2013, 09:18 AM   #12
Pokeatron
Freshmen Academy Student

Gain posts by poking POKEATRON! P:<
Old 03-24-2013, 09:19 AM   #13
Sajjy
Freshmen Academy Student

This day will go down in history as the day in which none of the listed staff members on showgroups.php were around xD
Old 03-24-2013, 09:20 AM   #14
Toma
Freshmen Academy Student

I made a thread for farming in off topic go there and I'll reverse any infraction for spamming in that thread. Lets keep this on ON topic.
Old 03-24-2013, 09:37 AM   #15
Pokeatron
Freshmen Academy Student

The last time the forum went to hell it dragged on for a while. Think this'll be fixed in under a week this time?
Old 03-24-2013, 09:53 AM   #16
Anru Uzumaki
The Worlds Strongest

Anru Uzumaki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Anru Uzumaki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Anru Uzumaki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Anru Uzumaki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Anru Uzumaki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Anru Uzumaki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Anru Uzumaki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Anru Uzumaki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Anru Uzumaki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Anru Uzumaki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Anru Uzumaki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Anru Uzumaki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Anru Uzumaki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Anru Uzumaki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Anru Uzumaki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Anru Uzumaki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Anru Uzumaki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Toma not only the main acconts but also new made accounts you can register and post in the forum but afther you log off the same happens to your alt account.
Closed Thread