Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Great Off-Topica > Off-Topic

Off-Topic For anything under the sun that won't fit elsewhere!

Old 03-02-2013, 08:06 AM   #1
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default The problem with the takeover of the mobile scene.

This includes everything from mobile gaming to the whole concept of fast downloads to text messaging.

Instant gratification.

The new generation (you, me, you sister, your turtle) are products of society and how society acts in the present. It's natural that you will act the way you do as a direct result of being around certain people with the same ideology as you and the same behavior.

So now we're being brought up in an environment with computers and whatever the hell else we have where we can have whatever we want in a matter of minutes (if that). The problem with THIS is a few things:

1) Nobody knows how to do anything anymore: If you told a kid to fix his bike or skateboard (if they even use it ) they wouldn't know how to. Even if their wheel just needed have some air pumped into it. And if their trucks were too loose, they wouldn't even know what trucks are.

2) Everyone is absorbed in their phones: I feel like with the rise of technology, people are definitely taking advantage of it in ways they should. I feel like the idea of text messaging quickly turned into something bad. Now you have people in the same room texting each other and nobody is talking. Interaction with human beings is something that everyone is going to need at one point or another. Social media is overtaking face-to-face interaction.

3) It breeds a spoiled generation: Since everyone is now grown up and their parents gave them their crappy iPhones, they've been living in a screen for their entire lives and don't know any other way than instant gratification. They're spoiled and lazy.

So yes, in a way, the economy might be thriving now on this kind of shit, but what about in 50 years when your parents and grandparents are all dead and you have no choice but to try to work yourself, but don't know what to do? Sure, you could sell iPhones since that's the only thing you know about. What happens when there's nobody smart enough to build that iPhone? Factories need workers, and nobody is willing to learn now because they're too absorbed in Angry Birds or Temple Run to learn the inner workings of what they're using.

And nobody cares.
We're doomed.
Shikamaru Nara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 08:07 AM   #2
Noctis Arashi
is rapidly losing blood from Naijeru's jugular attack
Formerly Susanoo

Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Noctis Arashi
Default Re: The problem with the takeover of the mobile scene.

I feel like I barely missed this trend. Either that or I just got raised right.
Grand Master Roleplayer
Just Call Me Legendary Hoe -Fliparrachii Approved
Old 03-02-2013, 08:08 AM   #3
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

This isn't trending. And none of us missed it. Just think about it. You guys don't like that the forum link was moved over a few inches and you're demanding that it be changed. We're all like this. This is the way society is now.

I probably would have been shot if I said some of the things I said to people today about 200 years ago.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:11 AM   #4
Noctis Arashi
Formerly Susanoo

Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

I never said that it should be changed. I just questioned why it was done. (You guys implying me and others.)

Everything you said is certainly true to an extent, but hardly applicable to everyone.
Grand Master Roleplayer
Old 03-02-2013, 08:15 AM   #5
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Awards Showcase

Read the first three posts in that thread.
And the worst part is, most people won't even read the OP.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:26 AM   #6
Noctis Arashi
Formerly Susanoo

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru Nara View Post
Read the first three posts in that thread.
And the worst part is, most people won't even read the OP.
You said you all to me. Implying that I was part of it. Not defending them, I'm defending me.
Grand Master Roleplayer
Old 03-02-2013, 08:31 AM   #7
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Shula I love these rants,but they make you sound like an old lady.

Today's young people are violent because of them video games! nyaaaaahhh

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Click the dratini for anime rants
Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 08:42 AM   #8
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Awards Showcase

That is just false.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:45 AM   #9
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

You're making blanket assumptions about society and saying we're the last generation, yea a bit worse than the anti video game moms. :P

Quote:

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Old 03-02-2013, 08:48 AM   #10
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Awards Showcase

I'm not saying we're the last generation, I'm saying we're on a decline.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:50 AM   #11
Bacon

Awards Showcase

lolk

Have fun

Quote:

Old 03-02-2013, 09:07 AM   #12
e710
Special Jonin Candidate

e710 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.e710 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.e710 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.e710 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.e710 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.e710 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.e710 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.e710 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.e710 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.e710 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

To your statement #1 I can fix my bike, didn't know how at first just kept tweaking at it till I figured it out and I use it and I've seen people fix up their bikes and skateboards. But yea I can see how kids who are like 10 right now who have been on technology the whole time wouldn't be able to.

Yea I agree with 2 and 3, I hate it when someone is texting someone but the person is like a 3min walk away. Also I can see how it can make people lazy.
e710 is offline   Reply With Quote