Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Cutting Edge > Debate Forum

Debate Forum Debate interesting non-Naruto topics. All forum rules apply.

Old 12-19-2012, 10:06 PM   #1781
Akatsuki_Fighter
Genin

Akatsuki_Fighter has completed a tough C-rank mission!Akatsuki_Fighter has completed a tough C-rank mission!Akatsuki_Fighter has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Default Re: God doesn't exist... agree or disagree?

Quote:
Originally Posted by InnerSakura View Post
I do believe in God. If he didnt exist, how did we get here? But I have to admit, Im not a Christian. Some people's views about God differ, but I think everyone must believe in a higher power. I personally believe in the Christian view of God, but if you ever meet him in person one day, who knows what he will be like?
It's cool that you think so, but be careful: Jesus said that he is the way and the truth and the life, and that he is the one true God. (I know that line's kinda over-used, and I'm not one to believe in stuff just because "it is written," but I have come to trust this statement.) It's important that someone not be sitting on the fence when it's over, even if they believe in God. Of course, I'm not trying to pressure you or anything, and I can't just open my hands and show you proof that He is how the Bible describes, but He will reveal Himself to those who ask. In other words, it's really personal experience and reinforcement that ultimately proves God's existence to an individual. That way you can know for sure. Again, not trying to pressure you or anything (I can be awkward, I know). Have a good night!

"Yuuta, I love how wide open you were."
-Rikka Takanashi

Last edited by Akatsuki_Fighter; 12-19-2012 at 10:13 PM. Reason: Just a little more I wanted to add
Akatsuki_Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:19 PM   #1782
Kirin Inuzuka
Chunin Exam Participant

Kirin Inuzuka is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kirin Inuzuka is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kirin Inuzuka is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kirin Inuzuka is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kirin Inuzuka is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

I'm not sure, there is no way to prov or disprove god, I mean if he's all powerful as they say he is, if he wanted his presence to be kept a secret I don't think any of us could really argue with him and try to find solid proof, we'll never know until we die....which is kind of depressing once you think about it...

You come to love not by finding the perfect person but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly.
Kirin Inuzuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:27 PM   #1783
Shisko Shi
Special Jonin Candidate

Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Shisko Shi

Well Either way consider thr Pascal's Wager...

__________________________________________________ _____________________
PASCAL'S WAGER
I Choose To Believe ----------------I Choose Not To Believe------------------
There Is a God --------------------Infinite Gain Infinite Loss----------------------
(Enternal Life) ---------------------(Enternal Suffering)----------------------

__________________________________________________ ______________________
There Is No God Finite Loss --------------Finite Gain------------------------
(give up a few pleasures) ---------------(being right---after death)---------------

__________________________________________________ ______________________

You're captain of the football team and are heavily involved in other sports. You actually get pretty decent grades, but most people don't know that. Most girls really really REALLY want to date you, but you don't notice or care for them. They're just fangirls. Like Sasuke.
You have a cool headed manner, and it almost appears as serious. When you're out in the games playing, you're just as serious but extremely aggressive. This is what leads the NDF football team to victory (lol in reality the team would suck ass but lets just imagine it otherwise)
You're popular and a lot of people look up to you and see you as most likely to win "Best All Around" in the yearbook. You walk into a party and everyone shouts "AYYY IT'S COLLIIIIIN" and you get attacked by high fives by your teammates and crew and hugs by desperate females. But most people don't know a lot about you personally because you don't let anyone in a lot.
Shisko Shi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:49 PM   #1784
InnerSakura
Special Jonin Candidate

InnerSakura strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.InnerSakura strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.InnerSakura strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.InnerSakura strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.InnerSakura strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.InnerSakura strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.InnerSakura strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.InnerSakura strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.InnerSakura strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.InnerSakura strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.InnerSakura strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.InnerSakura strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.InnerSakura strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.

Well I would say I hope so, since I would like to have atleast something to look forward to for all eternity after I keel over. But thats just me. :/

Sakura <3's Aeo

CHAAA!!!!!

InnerSakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:10 AM   #1785
Sir Michael
Sir Of The Forums

Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.
Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.

He is real.
Sir Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:13 AM   #1786
Shisko Shi
Special Jonin Candidate

Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

^ Unlike that I would say don't use Faith... But reason. As most Philosophers will tell you... there is two types of Religouse kinds... Faith and Reason..

Faith - You blindly agrre basicly taking a leap into it.

Reason - You use things like Comocology and others to reason why he does exist. There are really good arguments I could hsow you. But... I would not say he is perfectly good. But not evil

You're captain of the football team and are heavily involved in other sports. You actually get pretty decent grades, but most people don't know that. Most girls really really REALLY want to date you, but you don't notice or care for them. They're just fangirls. Like Sasuke.
You have a cool headed manner, and it almost appears as serious. When you're out in the games playing, you're just as serious but extremely aggressive. This is what leads the NDF football team to victory (lol in reality the team would suck ass but lets just imagine it otherwise)
You're popular and a lot of people look up to you and see you as most likely to win "Best All Around" in the yearbook. You walk into a party and everyone shouts "AYYY IT'S COLLIIIIIN" and you get attacked by high fives by your teammates and crew and hugs by desperate females. But most people don't know a lot about you personally because you don't let anyone in a lot.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:35 AM   #1787
Souret
Special Jonin Candidate

Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Souret

I personally do not believe in a God. I have spent to long studing this to be bothered to type it all out. point a) evil and suffering b)the idea of an all powerful being pisses me off c) I do not believe in creation since what happened before that? d)the infinite arguement actual and suposed infinity e)the universe has too many faults f)I just hate the idea of someone who knows me as well as a god would or atleast a theistic god. g) why?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Souret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:43 PM   #1788
JLI2infinity
Chunin Exam Proctor

JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souret View Post
I personally do not believe in a God. I have spent to long studing this to be bothered to type it all out. point a) evil and suffering b)the idea of an all powerful being pisses me off c) I do not believe in creation since what happened before that? d)the infinite arguement actual and suposed infinity e)the universe has too many faults f)I just hate the idea of someone who knows me as well as a god would or atleast a theistic god. g) why?
Take out those personal tastes and you have solid arguments for your view.
JLI2infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:53 PM   #1789
Souret
Special Jonin Candidate

Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLI2infinity View Post
Take out those personal tastes and you have solid arguments for your view.
I know I do or I wouldn't agree with it :P

Old 02-27-2013, 10:34 PM   #1790
Shisko Shi
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

I could point it out... but God that would take forever. I will admit.. Studing the Theistic veiw in Philosophy changes my veiw... BUT! I do believe in God... Not on Faith but reason. You are the only one I know Souret that is in a way a scolar in philosophy like me. So you should know the reasons.. For one Cosimology

Old 02-28-2013, 05:47 AM   #1791
Shinagato
Special Jonin Candidate

Shinagato is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Shinagato is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Shinagato is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Shinagato is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Shinagato is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Shinagato is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Shinagato is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Shinagato is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Shinagato is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Shinagato is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Shinagato is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Shinagato is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Send a message via Skype™ to Shinagato

Faith, I believe, should take root in the pursuit of knowledge and verification of it - without faith, there is no reason. That being said, unfortunately I must state here that I cannot perceive that there is any logical merit for God, except in the possibility that a deity created the primordial ball of matter that generated the Big Bang. If that was the case, though, why would the deity do nothing further?

"I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up." - Mark Twain

"Hence, to fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence. Supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting." - Sun Tzu

Shinagato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:25 AM   #1792
Souret
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Shisko I agree that there are many parts of this universe that could lead me to believe in a deity for example the concept of miracle. However I also see these less as acts of a higher being and more as things we are yet to understand. For me one of the facinations of life is discovering the universe around you and in a way I almost consider the existence of an all knowing all powerful being a threat to my way of life (if that makes any sence) I do not believe we will ever understand things completely which is why I will devote my life to understanding the human brain, as I wish to leaen more about what caused us to believe in a God.

One thing that I found facinating relating to this topic would be Darren Brown Faith and Fear. For anyone interested in this I would suggest watching the show.

I large part of my belief follows the idea of the father figure god and the watch dog god. The father figure being our comfort in times of need and the watch dog being our subconsciouses way of showing keeping us on societies moral code. Both these I view as a psychological support rather than a real being.

I do not agree with the "god of the gaps theory" as I see that as a way of escaping the persuit of knowledge.

Old 02-28-2013, 10:22 AM   #1793
konoha chimp
Special Jonin Candidate

konoha chimp is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.konoha chimp is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
konoha chimp is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.konoha chimp is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.konoha chimp is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.konoha chimp is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.konoha chimp is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.konoha chimp is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.konoha chimp is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.konoha chimp is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.konoha chimp is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

For anyone who likes to philosophize and study this topic I would recommend youtubing or researching some of 'Richard Dawkins' work.
He can be considered a fascist however, he raises many good points against the creationist view and the cosmological view. Mainly the cosmological view though.. its worth researching in my opinion.

I wouldn't recommend his work to anyone who is offended easily or is ignorant though

konoha chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:34 AM   #1794
Muffintop
Special Jonin Candidate
Quasi-Admin

Muffintop is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Muffintop is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Muffintop is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Muffintop is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Muffintop is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Muffintop is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Muffintop is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Muffintop is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Muffintop is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Muffintop is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Muffintop is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Muffintop is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Muffintop is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Richard Dawkins is good. His work is along the lines of scientism. For something just as informative, if not more, without the venom, I would recommend Daniel Dennett.

As for me, no, I do not believe there is a god, especially a monotheistic one.

Muffintop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:36 AM   #1795
Souret
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Richard Dawkins may be a very intellegent mind but his views are often close minded. If you read his studies of Darwin you will see he makes Darwin appear athiest when in reality he was a theist. I respect his work and his views but he needs to be balanced by swineburn aquinas and many more

Old 02-28-2013, 10:42 AM   #1796
Shisko Shi
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

^ yea, but he only published his evolution book because he was mad at god for taking his daughter

Old 02-28-2013, 10:42 AM   #1797
Muffintop
Special Jonin Candidate
Quasi-Admin

Muffintop is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Muffintop is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Muffintop is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Muffintop is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Muffintop is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Muffintop is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Muffintop is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Muffintop is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Muffintop is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Muffintop is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Muffintop is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Muffintop is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Muffintop is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souret View Post
Richard Dawkins may be a very intellegent mind but his views are often close minded. If you read his studies of Darwin you will see he makes Darwin appear athiest when in reality he was a theist. I respect his work and his views but he needs to be balanced by swineburn aquinas and many more
Darwin was a theist who lost his faith in the process of discovering evolution. People usually mistake Einstein for a theist too.

Muffintop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:44 AM   #1798
Shisko Shi
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Also I would not say God is all knowing but more we as humans are a predictable spruces that he know what we are bound to do. Other wise there would be no free will if he know everything about us.

Old 02-28-2013, 10:46 AM   #1799
Shisko Shi
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

That is not actully true. He still believed but what set him off was the fact his child who had the same thing as him killed her. This posed him off that he went with publishing his thoughts and theory on evolution. In fact evolution can eaisly bused in a theistic God

Old 02-28-2013, 10:55 AM   #1800
Souret
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffintop View Post
Darwin was a theist who lost his faith in the process of discovering evolution. People usually mistake Einstein for a theist too.
Actually you are incorrect here. There was a period in his life where his faith wavered after his daughter died but he never lost faith and before death was a theist. Darwin believed in a god of evolution rather than a creator.