Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Leaf Village Council > Announcements

Announcements Don't forget to read up on the latest forum and rule changes here!

Old 07-06-2012, 01:02 PM   #1
SRhyse
Site Admin - Uber Kage
Viz Administrator

SRhyse just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Post The Viz Forum Newsletter - 7/06/2012

The Viz Forum Newsletter - 7/06/2012
Brought to you by the Naruto.com Discussion Forum (NDF)

Hey you! Here's the second issue of our brand New Newsletter, coming New to you NOW via email! Be sure to discuss or read up on past Newsletters you may have missed here:
http://naruto.viz.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=204

Enjoy!

-------

=Comic-Con!=
San Diego Comic-Con is just a few days away, which should have manga fans very excited this year. We’ll be making a big announcement about one of your favorite series', so if you’re one of the lucky attendees, be sure to swing by the Viz Booth #2813 and find out first. Don't forget to grab your Exclusive FREE goodies there as well!

-------

=Contests Galore!=
On the forums, a number of new contests are just getting started right now. Besides the usual Member of the Month nominations, there’s the Miss Naruto and Mr. Naruto contests, which should be tons of fun, and may net you custom forum goodies if you win. Check them out and submit your applications:
http://naruto.viz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116286
http://naruto.viz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116293

Stay tuned for The Greatest Naruto Character Ever 2012 contest as well, beginning August 1st. Decide which of your favorites will reign supreme! Go here for more information as it unfolds, and make a post if you're interested:
http://naruto.viz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115900

Besides those, the 2012 Naruto Trivia Contest, run by our own current Member of the Month TheBlackChidori, will soon be coming to an incredible finale. Check it out here:
http://naruto.viz.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=187

-------

=Viz Labs=

-New Site Features-

You may have noticed some changes around the site. Recently, some new additions are:

- Member of the Month winners are now featured across the top of the site, honoring who YOU feel are each month's top contributors.
- Custom Avatars for War System participants. See below for more information on the upcoming War System revamp!
- User Image Albums are now featured across the top of the site.
- User Image Albums are now listed in your posts to help show them off to other members.
- Top Posters are now featured along the bottom of the home page, showing each day's top thread starters. The results reset every day at midnight, so be sure to post and can your chance to be featured!
- New top stats available within the Top Stats area across the bottom of the home page, including things like most profile visits! See how you compare to the other users and compete for the top spots!
- Automatic image and video embedding. Remember that BB code you used to have to use to get your images and YouTube links to load? You still can, but why try? Simply paste the URL to the image or YouTube video into a post or PM and be done with it!
- Better Subforum layout. Now you can access all your favorite forums from the main page, organized for your posting pleasure without having to dig through the forums to find them!
- Site optimization and bug fixes abound with our latest updates to the site, all to ease your forum going experience. Feel free to send in any reports of issues or concerns you have on the site, and we'll continue to improve it!

Rest assured, they're the first of many updates, so be sure to chime in with any suggestions or ideas you may have by dropping us a line, or posting feedback you have on the present or potential updates here:
http://naruto.viz.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=189
http://naruto.viz.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14

-------

If that isn’t enough, the revamped War System is almost ready for a release. So here we have our first member-written newsletter piece. Much thanks to Red!

=Get Ready for the War System 2.0!!!=

Have you ever wished to be a ninja that could use weapons and perform jutsu like your favorite characters in Naruto and Naruto: Shippuden? Well, now you can, with the forum's very own, totally revamped War System! After a long hiatus, the War Council has recreated, edited, and added to the original system that was released almost two years ago.

-What is the War System 2.0?-

The War System is a text-based RPG in which players can become a Genin-ranked ninja in one of five official villages, just like some of your favorite Naruto characters. In these villages, headed by a Kage and a Co-Kage, you’re able to create special templates for your ninja, which include jutsu based on one of the five primary elements, and one specialty element unique to each village. You’ll also be able use weapons such as swords and shields, as well as tools like kunai, shuriken, explosive tags, and more!

Using your arsenal, your ninja participates in text-based battles with other players, and can also take part in tournaments and tests, such as the Chunin Exams, that will be developed later on. You could even be chosen to take part in wars between Hidden Villages! On top of battling, players will also be able to role-play with fellow villagers, as well as other players in specially designated areas, creating the true sense of being a full-fledged shinobi!

-Why should you take part in the War System 2.0?-

The War System itself is extremely fun to participate in and a great way to role-play as ninja like your favorite Naruto and Naruto: Shippuden characters, but that's not the only reason! Taking part in the War System gives users extra benefits, including the ability to have special custom avatars specific to the ninja character they’ve created! Also, more prizes and benefits are waiting to be given out as more parts of the system are released!

-How do you sign up for the War System?-
First of all, you’ve got to join the Naruto Discussion Forum before taking part in the fun. Then, after registering, go to this thread here and follow the instructions to sign up your character: http://naruto.viz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115650

And then choose a village:
http://naruto.viz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115763

You’ll be added to your village’s special group, where you can communicate with your fellow villagers and prepare for the system release! You may also read up on rest of the War System threads in the Forum Events section to answer your questions on templates and jutsu.

So the question is...

Are you ready?

-------

We hoped you enjoyed the second issue of the Viz Forum Newsletter, and we look forward to bringing you more updates and news about the exciting new developments happening to your favorite site!

Your pals,
Sage Mode & SRhyse

PS - To opt out of these emails and updates on exciting new happenings on the site, simply do the following -
- Go to your User Control Panel - http://naruto.viz.com/forum/profile.php?do=editoptions
- Under Messaging & Notification, find the 'Receive Email' area
- Check the box near "If you do not want to receive these notices, disable this option" to opt out of the email updates
- See if you can live with how big Sage Mode and SRhyse's frowns get :'(
My dog Elly FTW:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

*Alot of people have been asking to help me with various things on the site, many of which involve sharing files between me and other members. Since I get asked almost every day, to do this or collaborate with me personally, use
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
gives you a lot more free space than normal to work with if that helps, but mainly, it's easier than me getting a thousand emails I have to download and upload with a file again to reply
. Thanks for wanting to help though!
SRhyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 01:05 PM   #2
Jonesy
likes to post-it post-it
Konoha Military Force

Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: The Viz Forum Newsletter - 7/06/2012

Very, very nice job, SRhyse and everyone else who worked on this. This should attract a lot of people.
Jonesy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 01:12 PM   #3
Muffintop
Special Jonin Candidate
Quasi-Admin

Muffintop is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Muffintop is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Muffintop is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Muffintop is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Muffintop is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Muffintop is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Muffintop is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Muffintop is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Muffintop is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Muffintop is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Muffintop is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Muffintop is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Muffintop is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

I like, I like. c:

Muffintop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 02:18 PM   #4
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

War System<3
Shikamaru Nara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 03:57 PM   #5
Red
sorry red :(

Red is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Red is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Red is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Red is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Red is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

LOL gaiz DAS ME

I don't know what to put here yet, so I leave you with a nice picture of a buffalo.

Spoiler:
Haha, just kidding.

<3 this heart represents the bromance of Red and RockyL. /brohug
Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 04:29 PM   #6
trouble88
Making It Duoble
Special Hunter Ninja
WS-Genin

Location: playing pokemonxy with KazekageGaara and Fluttershy
trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to trouble88 Send a message via MSN to trouble88 Send a message via Skype™ to trouble88

nice one guys I going add this link to the forum FB group on facebook is that with you guys.

You stole my heart from the day we met^////^
Forum frist buddies: JAFL,KU
Member of the Forum ANBU PM me for help

trouble88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 04:47 PM   #7
SRhyse
Site Admin - Uber Kage
Viz Administrator

Awards Showcase

You made a forum facebook group? We were looking to make an official one too, and let you log into the site with your FB account, as well as like threads and posts to your facebook account.
My dog Elly FTW:

*Alot of people have been asking to help me with various things on the site, many of which involve sharing files between me and other members. Since I get asked almost every day, to do this or collaborate with me personally, use
gives you a lot more free space than normal to work with if that helps, but mainly, it's easier than me getting a thousand emails I have to download and upload with a file again to reply
. Thanks for wanting to help though!
SRhyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 05:04 PM   #8
trouble88
Making It Duoble
Special Hunter Ninja
WS-Genin

Location: playing pokemonxy with KazekageGaara and Fluttershy
trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to trouble88 Send a message via MSN to trouble88 Send a message via Skype™ to trouble88

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRhyse View Post
You made a forum facebook group? We were looking to make an official one too, and let you log into the site with your FB account, as well as like threads and posts to your facebook account.
yeah I did made one. I had lot free time when I facebook and do run few facebook pages for groups in my area now. I didn't posted the on link on here because so many people on FaceBook was using viz images as profile picture. that actually pretty good idea SRyse I hope you guys going do some like that someday. I know few people on here been posted links from contests and events on the forum facebook group.

You stole my heart from the day we met^////^
Forum frist buddies: JAFL,KU
Member of the Forum ANBU PM me for help

Last edited by trouble88; 07-06-2012 at 05:11 PM.
trouble88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 05:37 PM   #9
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Well done!

Quote:

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Click the dratini for anime rants
Bacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 07:15 PM   #10
Squall
Veteran Chunin

Squall strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Squall strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Squall strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Squall strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Squall strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Squall strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Squall strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Squall strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Squall strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Squall strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Squall strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Squall strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.

yeah boiiii, can't wait to start

If quizzes are quizzical, what are tests?

Squall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:18 PM   #11
Saiyan
Chunin Exam Proctor

Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Make a new newsletter
Saiyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:08 AM   #12
Yasmine
Freshmen Academy Student

Yasmine is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Thanks mister! ^^
Yasmine is offline   Reply With Quote