Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Games

Naruto Games We're all about games in this section -- all Naruto games, that is.

View Poll Results: Are you ready for Ultimate Ninja Storm 3?
Yes 234 91.05%
No 23 8.95%
Voters: 257. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 06:26 PM   #10981
Sagepain
............... The Original Sage

Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Sagepain
Default Re: The Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Discussion Thread.

The awakenings better be a lot more awesome and have 3 combo's as well then >.>

If not then it just sucks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:33 PM   #10982
Sharinganshinobi223
Chunin Exam Participant

Sharinganshinobi223 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Sharinganshinobi223 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Sharinganshinobi223 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Sharinganshinobi223 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyi2604 View Post
Ginkaku card
I can't believe no one paid attention to this

I'd say it's pretty awesome, just maybe Ginkaku/Kinkaku might be playable!

"I never wish for an easy life, but to be a stronger man. -JFK

"The moment people come to know love, they run the risk of carrying hate."-Serious tobi

"Run away, cling to your wretched life..." -Itachi

The truth is you don't know what is going to happen tomorrow. Life is a crazy ride, and nothing is guaranteed. -Eminem
Old 02-09-2013, 06:35 PM   #10983
Anti-Charger
Chunin Exam Proctor

Anti-Charger saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Send a message via Skype™ to Anti-Charger

If they've taken something out, in this case a combo, I wouldn't get too positive about it getting implemented back in. They've done it before and those features never return, so it's going to be exactly the same here.
And I still have high doubts about Kin/Gin being playable. Them having their own cards doesn't really sell it for me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 02-09-2013, 06:41 PM   #10984
shadow-of-kabuto
Chunin Exam Participant

shadow-of-kabuto has completed a tough C-rank mission!shadow-of-kabuto has completed a tough C-rank mission!

The quality of these games...I don't understand. Storm 1's mechanics still seem to be the best in my opinion, with the exception of the substitution bar and support additions. Why take out things that aren't broken, and leave broken stuff in? For example, wall battles and the attack when opponents are on the ground were removed for no real reason. Now they add ring outs, which as far as I know, no one really wanted or suggested, and removed a combo string. Very odd...and they refuse to change the Ultimates of most characters!

I really, REALLY hope in the future things are dealt with properly. I'd like to have four combos, I'd like to see wall battling back, I'd love to see new Ultimates, as well as CUSTOMIZATION OF JUTSU AND ULTIMATES. I STILL don't get why they haven't implemented this back into the system. I would have thought in Generations they would have had it with the different jutsu some characters had, ex: Naruto's Demon Wind Barrage. It adds variety and replay value and gives people a reason to play as different characters.

EDIT: And also, they need to work on getting characters playable. I don't care if it causes a pushed back release date, CC2 should be able to put in all characters people want, or at least the majority of them. The amount of publicity the Swordsmen and Kin/Gin have gotten is ridiculous if they indeed are not playable. It's unnecessary hype, which in turn will disappoint people who buy the game, thus causing future sales to dwindle. Lastly, throw in some unexpected characters. Secret characters always make a nice surprise, and are seldom bad surprises.

Storm 3 Mains:
Yugito
Kabuto
Darui

Last edited by shadow-of-kabuto; 02-09-2013 at 06:44 PM.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:51 PM   #10985
Juiken Luminus
Veteran Chunin

Juiken Luminus has completed a tough C-rank mission!Juiken Luminus has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Yeah, it seems like ever since Storm 1, idk guys. But taking out a COMBO? That's ridiculous I mean come on. Yeah, nice ougis could be nice and stuff, but when you take out one of the character's own combos, that ish is not for online purposes, they just got plain lazy. I can throw that word around in this case, if they didn't replace it with something else.

Spritel No Jutsu Productions

Storm 3: Sasuke, Mifune, Utakata, Yagura, Nagato, Itachi

Epic STORM 2 Rivals: Uchiha_Sora, XGriever, & Parak111.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:54 PM   #10986
Anti-Charger
Chunin Exam Proctor

tl;dr This game has gone downhill.

Old 02-09-2013, 06:57 PM   #10987
Juiken Luminus
Veteran Chunin

Juiken Luminus has completed a tough C-rank mission!Juiken Luminus has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti-Charger View Post
tl;dr This game has gone downhill.
I mean yeah like with the new specials and story mode, eye candy is nice. However, when you begin to take out the fabric of the game, ish gets real, and I don't like the fact that they took out a combo. Even is EMS Sasuke is exactly how I pictured him, I would be happy, but this now goes beyond satisfaction. They have no reason for this. I am disappointed a little right now.

Old 02-09-2013, 06:58 PM   #10988
-Haku Yuki-
Genin

-Haku Yuki- saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

it may not be perfect but it hasn't gone downhill, btw broken bond rise of ninja most balanced naruto game so far better story mode then storm 1 only thing it lacked was the epic boss battles ( which it had some but they were to simple)
Old 02-09-2013, 06:58 PM   #10989
shadow-of-kabuto
Chunin Exam Participant

shadow-of-kabuto has completed a tough C-rank mission!shadow-of-kabuto has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiken Luminus View Post
Yeah, it seems like ever since Storm 1, idk guys. But taking out a COMBO? That's ridiculous I mean come on. Yeah, nice ougis could be nice and stuff, but when you take out one of the character's own combos, that ish is not for online purposes, they just got plain lazy. I can throw that word around in this case, if they didn't replace it with something else.
I mean technically speaking this isn't the first time they've removed combos. From the Ultimate Ninja series, we had three air combos I believe. The basic one, and up one, and a down one. Can't remember if there was a left/right one. But I wish they'd add those back too. It'd make air combos more bearable.

Storm 3 Mains:
Yugito
Kabuto
Darui
Old 02-09-2013, 07:01 PM   #10990
Juiken Luminus
Veteran Chunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow-of-kabuto View Post
I mean technically speaking this isn't the first time they've removed combos. From the Ultimate Ninja series, we had three air combos I believe. The basic one, and up one, and a down one. Can't remember if there was a left/right one. But I wish they'd add those back too. It'd make air combos more bearable.
Omg do you remember the air grabs as well? they should add those back too.

Old 02-09-2013, 07:02 PM   #10991
itachithedarkcrow
Chunin Exam Proctor

itachithedarkcrow saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

hmmm so gin and kin have separate artworks they could be playable but they arent lol
Old 02-09-2013, 07:03 PM   #10992
Juiken Luminus
Veteran Chunin

Sigh, this whole thing is so stupid right now. I don't know if they could do anything (not for me) but in general to recover from this, if everyone really only has 3 combos in the full game. =/

Old 02-09-2013, 07:04 PM   #10993
minato901
Genin

minato901 saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAMEFULLSHINOBI View Post
That really sounds crazy ...I hope all the older storm2 chars have new animations also or secret factors that really show their power wow ....

Thanks a bunch
No prob also naruto's new moveset looks awesome.

storm 3 is epic

storm 3 mains
Neji (Great Ninja War)

Sasuke (EMS Sharingan)

Naruto (Bijju Bomb)
Old 02-09-2013, 07:04 PM   #10994
Anti-Charger
Chunin Exam Proctor

Quote:
I mean yeah like with the new specials and story mode, eye candy is nice. However, when you begin to take out the fabric of the game, ish gets real, and I don't like the fact that they took out a combo. Even is EMS Sasuke is exactly how I pictured him, I would be happy, but this now goes beyond satisfaction. They have no reason for this. I am disappointed a little right now.
I share your sentiments, this combo loss is completely unnecessary, but I was expecting a disappointment with this game in some form and it looks like this is it. Sure, having a few less characters than expected is a bummer, but limiting the things you can do with a character is worse.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Storm series one day evolved into something like Asura's Wrath.

Last edited by Anti-Charger; 02-09-2013 at 07:08 PM.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:04 PM   #10995
Juiken Luminus
Veteran Chunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by minato901 View Post
No prob also naruto's new moveset looks awesome.
You can probably bet that they might all have secret factors as well.

Old 02-09-2013, 07:06 PM   #10996
shadow-of-kabuto
Chunin Exam Participant

Quote:
Omg do you remember the air grabs as well? they should add those back too.
Yeah, those were cool too. But I'm nor sure how you could implement that into storm engine. Possibly guard button + Circle (for PS3 of course)? Sigh, those were the fun times. Sound Four...Kurenai...Shizune...Anko...random characters like Anbu Kakashi, The Green Beast, and Konohamaru...and numerous Ultimates to chose from for most characters.

Storm 3 Mains:
Yugito
Kabuto
Darui
Old 02-09-2013, 07:06 PM   #10997
Hidan
Special Jonin Candidate

Hidan has completed a tough C-rank mission!Hidan has completed a tough C-rank mission!Hidan has completed a tough C-rank mission!

It's not like the game is ruined from this decision, not at all. It is a set back, and limits what we can do, however it is not a game dealer like you guys are making it sound like. I mean, the cool new characters we're getting and the (seemingly) awesome story mode will make up (for at least me) what this game has lacking compared to the other games.

Oh and if they decide to add Edo Tensei Sound Four in they better add a Edo Tensei Hidan costume change!

~
~

Old 02-09-2013, 07:09 PM   #10998
shadow-of-kabuto
Chunin Exam Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidan View Post
It's not like the game is ruined from this decision, not at all. It is a set back, and limits what we can do, however it is not a game dealer like you guys are making it sound like. I mean, the cool new characters we're getting and the (seemingly) awesome story mode will make up (for at least me) what this game has lacking compared to the other games.

Oh and if they decide to add Edo Tensei Sound Four in they better add a Edo Tensei Hidan costume change!
I'm still going to get it for story purposes and the characters they have added. But it could be better. It's sad that after three games, they still have yet to find a winning formula for the series. They're still adding, taking away, and modifying various features.

Storm 3 Mains:
Yugito
Kabuto
Darui
Old 02-09-2013, 07:09 PM   #10999
Juiken Luminus
Veteran Chunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidan View Post
I agree with this Hidan and you can definitely count that this is not afffecting how I play the game, however, it was an completely unnecessary action and I need reason as to why they would really remove one combo from a movelist. Space isn't the issue here it seems.

Old 02-09-2013, 07:13 PM   #11000
itachithedarkcrow
Chunin Exam Proctor

itachithedarkcrow saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

guys chill with 3 combo thing its a demo..