Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Battlegrounds Versus Debates > Battlegrounds HQ > The Graveyard

The Graveyard While you CAN endlessly debate some things, other threads need a place to stay buried. This friends, is that place.

View Poll Results: Which universe has the more powerful characters?
Naruto (PTS) 1 50.00%
Rurouni Kenshin 1 50.00%
Tied 0 0%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-07-2013, 07:36 AM   #1
Ninja of Cao
Banned

Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Yahoo to Ninja of Cao
Default Naruto (first season) vs Rurouni Kenshin

Two amazing manga series, but who would win a conflict? I realize that the Shippuden universe would easily defeat the Rurouni Kenshin universe, but who would win between the first season of Naruto and the entire universe of Rurouni Kenshin (aka Samurai X)?

Location: The fields around Kyoto, a city which the Allied Shinobi forces will attempt to conquer. The IJA are mostly in the field while policemen and Gatling guns are inside the city.

Naruto army: 80,000 shinobi and 100,000 village militias
Naruto commander: Hiruzen Sarutobi
Rurouni Kenshin army: 240,000 IJA soldiers, 50,000 policemen and 1,000 Shishio soldiers
Rurouni Kenshin commander: Shishio Makoto

Primary battle: Allied Shinobi Forces vs Imperial Japanese Army (in 1879)

Battles:

Spoiler:
  1. Naruto Uzumaki vs Himura Kenshin
  2. Sasuke Uchiha vs Saito Hajime
  3. Sakura Haruno vs Kaoru Kamiya
  4. Konohamaru Sarutobi vs Yahiko Myojin
  5. Kakashi Hatake vs Seijuro Hiko XIII
  6. Orochimaru vs Shishio Makoto
  7. Zabuza Momochi vs Sanosuke Sagara
  8. Haku vs Sojiro Seta
  9. Kabuto Yakushi vs Yukishiro Enishi
  10. Kimimaro Kaguya vs Aoshi Shinomori
  11. Kidomaru vs Cho Sawagejo
  12. Sakon and Ukon vs Saizuchi and Fuji
  13. Tayuya vs Raijuta Isurugi
  14. Jirobo vs Anji Yukyuzan
  15. Shikamaru Nara vs Udo Jin-e
  16. Kankuro vs Gein
  17. Choji Akimichi vs Iwanbo
  18. Neji Hyuga vs Usui Uonuma

Restrictions: All Naruto characters only have the abilities that they have displayed before the time-skip. For example, Kabuto Yakushi has no large-scale Edo Tensei but can only revive a few bodies, Naruto can get one tail at most and Sakura has no superhuman strength.

My own conclusions:
Spoiler:

Army battle: Well, the Kenshin universe's army is more numerous and has bolt-action rifles, cannons and machine guns that should be able to decimate regular ninja soldiers; and the militia forces (such as Gato's mercenaries and the villagers from the Land of Waves seen in the same story arc), will not hold their own against revolver-equipped policemen. So in an all-out army battle, I see no way for the Naruto universe to win. It's the individual fights that gets more interesting:
  1. I vote for Kenshin simply because he is far more experienced than Naruto in combat, has a sword (although it cannot kill), and speed that is utterly superior to Naruto. The Rasengan probably won't hit because of this, so in the end this is a victory for the Rurouni Kenshin universe.
  2. Saito is a skilled warrior with strength that you won't expect from him (he was able to knock out Sanosuke Sagara and parry any attacks from him), and has a speed that is almost equal to Kenshin, but Sasuke has an advantage with powerful ranged attacks and the Chidori. But if Saito can avoid the fire, he should be able to take this: and one of his techniques can target a flying opponent. Saito wins.
  3. Sakura is completely useless in battle in the first season of Naruto, and while Kamiya Kaoru may be of our human standards she has practiced kenjutsu her entire life. Kaoru wins.
  4. Annoying kid vs annoying kid, but Konohamaru has no effective techniques at this point (except for a certain transformation that might distract his opponent...), while Yahiko was able to survive a dynamite bombardment and strike down an enemy more than 10 meters above ground. Yahiko wins.
  5. Kakashi should be able to take this... but Seijuro has two attacks that cannot be deflected, so if he uses the Amakakeru Ryu no Hirameki or Kuzu-Ryu-Zen, then Kakashi is doomed. Seijuro wins.
  6. This is an interesting fight... let's remember that Shishio can stop any attack that he has seen before, which should include ninjutsu, and I think that he is physically stronger than Orochimaru. I think it's a tie, though, because Orochimaru has a powerful summoning Jutsu and overall powerful techniques. Tie.
  7. Two physically strong wielders of similar huge swords, but I claim that Sanosuke is both physically stronger and tougher. One punch will destroy every bone in Zabuza's body and Sanosuke should even be able to break his opponent's sword with the Mastery of the Two Layers. Sanosuke wins.
  8. What do you think, are they equal in speed or does any one have the advantage in that area? Nevertheless, I see no way for Sojiro to break through Haku's ice mirrors, so he can only win this if it turns out that he is faster than his opponent. Haku wins.
  9. Kabuto is weak in combat, in my opinion, if you only look to the pre-time skip feats. Compare that to Yukishiro Enishi, who was actually able to defeat Kenshin in single combat thanks to having speed and strength that surpasses Kabuto by far. Enishi wins.
  10. Kimimaro is very powerful, and although Aoshi is my favorite character I don't think he can kill someone whose bones are stronger than steel. It will be a long and awesome fight, but... Kimimaro wins.
  11. Kidomaru should be able to defeat Cho's sword attacks with his webs, but Cho has an advantage in close combat. But I do think that Cho is more bark than bite while Kidomaru managed to fatally wound Neji. Kidomaru wins.
  12. I see no way for two small and (in comparison) physically weak people to defeat a giant who could erase buildings with a single sword stroke and wears heavy steel armor that should equal an early WWII tank. Saizuchi is of course useless in battle, but I wanted a two-man team to fight Sakon and Ukon. Fuji and Saizuchi wins.
  13. Raijuta could cut an opponent at a long distance with sharp wind, similar to Temari (only that Raijuta does it on a much smaller scale). While Tayuya's monsters could be difficult to defeat, I do believe that Raijuta can cut her flute apart from a distance while avoiding the attacks from her giants, and then kill her. Raijuta wins.
  14. I'd say that the two fighters are equal in strength and speed, although Jirobo may be stronger with the curse marks since he was able to lift an enormous rock from the ground. But Anji has the Mastery of the Two Layers and a full-body version of it, so Jirobo stands no chance if he is hit even once. Anji wins.
  15. Two fighters that specialize in immobilizing their opponents. I could see Jin-e outrunning Shikamaru's shadows and immobilize his opponent at first eye contact to kill him when he's defenseless. Jin-e wins.
  16. Two puppet masters, but with one decisive difference: Gein sits inside of his puppet and controls it like a two-legged tank made of materials that are impossible for almost any weapon to penetrate. I don't think Kankuro will be able to destroy Gein's puppet, but Gein will also have trouble hitting the faster-moving Kankuro. I think it's a tie.
  17. Two fat people. Iwanbo is very stupid but is probably stronger than Choji, and it has been proven that any attacks will just bounce off Iwanbo's skin. Because Iwanbo is so stupid and predictable, although impossible to kill, it's a tie.
  18. I think Neji should be able to destroy Usui's shield and avoid the spear, hitting the blind swordsman's vital parts with his Gentle fist techniques. Neji wins.

In the end, out of 18 battles, the Naruto universe has 4 victories, the Rurouni Kenshin universe has 11 victories, and 3 battles ended as tied. Also, Rurouni Kenshin wins decisively in the army vs army battle.
Agree or disagree?

Final conclusion:
Spoiler:

The Rurouni Kenshin universe will win due to the utterly superior army and quite effective characters in single combat as well.

Last edited by Ninja of Cao; 02-07-2013 at 07:40 AM.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:56 AM   #2
Devils Lawyer
Special Jonin Candidate

Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Naruto (first season) vs Rurouni Kenshin

Is this like Naruto part 1 on the bridge against Zabuza or Naruto part 1 in general?
Old 02-07-2013, 08:21 AM   #3
Ninja of Cao
Banned

Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Lawyer View Post
Is this like Naruto part 1 on the bridge against Zabuza or Naruto part 1 in general?
Naruto part 1 in general, up until the fight between Naruto and Sasuke at the Valley of the End (I never watched past the end of that battle, so I cannot confirm any character feats used after that).
Old 02-07-2013, 08:36 AM   #4
321zigzag3
debates with words
Freelancer

321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.
321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

So Orochimaru's Edo Tensei and Shukaku are not restricted I believe?

Spoiler:

Hoshigaki Familia

Freelancer
Old 02-07-2013, 08:37 AM   #5
Devils Lawyer
Special Jonin Candidate

Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Devils Lawyer is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja of Cao View Post
Naruto part 1 in general, up until the fight between Naruto and Sasuke at the Valley of the End (I never watched past the end of that battle, so I cannot confirm any character feats used after that).
Lol the cast of Kenshin gets raped. How you don't know this is beyond me? The jonin in part 1 were still looking at the fight between Gaara and Lee like it was a kid fight. That alone tells you the fight wasn't impressive compared to their speed. Naruto would just go beserk with the kyuubi, summon a thousand clones, rasengan that busted a steel water tower, and a durability beyond anything kenshin can dish out. Man there are a lot more reasons this fight was not a good idea. Number 1 on that list as far as the army goes genjutsu, and a simple transformation jutsu rapes.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:45 AM   #6
Ninja of Cao
Banned

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by 321zigzag3 View Post
So Orochimaru's Edo Tensei and Shukaku are not restricted I believe?
Orochimaru is restricted to the number of characters he resurrected in the first season of Naruto and has no Shippuden techniques. Gaara may gain as much power from the Shukaku as the Kyuubi gave Naruto against Sasuke, but no complete Tailed Beast transformation is allowed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Lawyer View Post
Lol the cast of Kenshin gets raped. How you don't know this is beyond me? The jonin in part 1 were still looking at the fight between Gaara and Lee like it was a kid fight. That alone tells you the fight wasn't impressive compared to their speed. Naruto would just go beserk with the kyuubi, summon a thousand clones, rasengan that busted a steel water tower, and a durability beyond anything kenshin can dish out. Man there are a lot more reasons this fight was not a good idea. Number 1 on that list as far as the army goes genjutsu, and a simple transformation jutsu rapes.
I don't believe that an army of riflemen firing organized salvos could be overwhelmed by even twice as many shinobi, and all shinobi can't make 1,000 physical clones... some can't even make a single physical clone. As I said earlier, the Kyuubi is restricted to Naruto's one-tailed form that he had in the fight against Sasuke at the Valley of the End, and on top of that Himura Kenshin is much faster than Naruto Uzumaki, so avoiding a Rasengan is no problem for him.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:06 AM   #7
Devils Lawyer
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja of Cao View Post

I don't believe that an army of riflemen firing organized salvos could be overwhelmed by even twice as many shinobi, and all shinobi can't make 1,000 physical clones... some can't even make a single physical clone. As I said earlier, the Kyuubi is restricted to Naruto's one-tailed form that he had in the fight against Sasuke at the Valley of the End, and on top of that Himura Kenshin is much faster than Naruto Uzumaki, so avoiding a Rasengan is no problem for him.
Yes they can especially since the shinobi are physically superior in every way to those rifle men. The simple act from a child jumping off the building and leaping away tells you how bad they would get raped. Not only that the jonin can make clones not a thousand of course but multiple. Then like I said you ignored genjutsu which rapes massively in kenshin. Then follow up by a transformation jutsu which a child could do. They would get assinated.

Naruto was able to withstand an attack that created craters in large boulders and steel before he even uses one. Also Himura being much faster is not even true. Haku was lightspeed I thought you knew....jk. But anyways even if Himura has the speed it is not fast enough to blitz. Naruto had the strength to throw sasuke into a cliff multiple times. Not only that they were casually jumping off a cliff. With strength on that level comes speed. Not only that his roar which would be the speed of sound is far beyond anything kenshin can handle. Kenshin could be faster but he has nothing to put Naruto down with.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:27 AM   #8
cnorwood
Special Jonin Candidate

cnorwood saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

so naruto or jiraya can summon gammabunta and just start walking around
Old 02-07-2013, 12:10 PM   #9
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

this thread is asinine..typical NOC bathed in ignorance but thinks he's being intelligent when he's just creating a one sided beat down or spewing out ignorance

locking

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
himura kenshin, naruto, naruto uzumaki, rurouni kenshin, samurai x