Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Manga Discussion

Naruto Manga Discussion All the latest discussions about the Naruto manga (beware, spoilers abound).

Old 01-31-2013, 09:32 PM   #161
Jutsu Junkie
Chunin Exam Proctor

Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: Naruto Chapter 618

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC1994 View Post
Both madara and tobi can easily control the beasts so there goes kushinas last purpose right out of the window.
Madara didn't think it was so easy. In fact, both Obito and Madara require a wood style link to the Juubi in tandem just to control it. Madara said it would become "exponentially" more difficult to control going forward. Doesn't seem like a cakewalk to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioroshi. View Post
remember how orochimaru said there is another way to get his arms back after tsunade refused?there you go.
Begs the question: why didn't he just do that before? It took an awful long time between his rejection by Tsunade until now to decide to go forward with his plan. He likely would have been able to possess Sasuke with relative ease, compared to how things actually went down.

--George Bernard Shaw
Jutsu Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:48 PM   #162
Phariah824
Chunin Exam Participant

Phariah824 saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

well the Uzumaki shrine was far from the village they said so i don't see why it just being told about as a problem. the whole landscape of the area has never been mapped or described.

the 4 Hokage released, oro's arms, there was also a fifth glow ball w/ the hokages when they were released. that is either kushina or kurama's chakra.

as to how they are walking through the village. they even say that it has almost no one there since they are at war. the best way to hide is in plain sight. walk through like you belong. i mean some of the best criminals set up shop around the corner of the police station in rl. go to any police station in nyc an walk 1 block any direction an you can find criminal activity.

the scroll that Sasuke found was the way to release the reaper seal. most likely a Uzumaki scroll i am guessing. since it also needed to be done in the Uchiha shrine i would say there was an alliance there at 1 point. makes you wonder if something happened between them leading to a senju/ Uzumaki allaince afterwards or if the uzumakis were the balance between senju - uchiha. as to why Oro didn't use it, well it needed an uchiha to open thier shrine as Sasuke did it.

Oct.15 2009 i survived Madara's first attack of turning back time
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Phariah824; 02-01-2013 at 05:05 AM.
Phariah824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:30 PM   #163
YamiNarutoRendan
Academy Graduate

YamiNarutoRendan saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi Hatake_Yamato View Post
ef jahew
i was just about to pick up my book

and so they are summoned!

and beat ya to it, LHG
Great chap, can't wait to see these 4 back in action.

Rather ironic/funny that a clone of Hashi was used to bring back a zombie of Hashi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzJunkie4 View Post
Orochimaru getting his arms back makes the tsunade arc of part 1 totally pointless.
That's as silly as saying that Luke Skywalker getting a mechanical arm made the whole loss of his arm by Vader, and everything after, "pointless".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooster View Post
Tsunade existing already made her pointless. *nods*

Interesting though, I thought Hiruzen said Orochimaru has never seen the Reaper Death seal before, now O-man knows how to reverse it?
Dude. This is Orochi we're talking about.

Do you really think that, after having his most precious things taken away from him (his arms) by Hiruzen, that he wouldn't be researching the hell out of the Reaper seal, and the Shinigami and its origins, etc., to at least try to get them back if not get that power for himself?

Last edited by YamiNarutoRendan; 01-31-2013 at 10:36 PM.
YamiNarutoRendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:25 AM   #164
BMC1994
Special Jonin Candidate
BG Moderator

BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jutsu Junkie View Post
Madara didn't think it was so easy. In fact, both Obito and Madara require a wood style link to the Juubi in tandem just to control it. Madara said it would become "exponentially" more difficult to control going forward. Doesn't seem like a cakewalk to me.

Begs the question: why didn't he just do that before? It took an awful long time between his rejection by Tsunade until now to decide to go forward with his plan. He likely would have been able to possess Sasuke with relative ease, compared to how things actually went down.
I was actually referring to the bijuu(jinchurikis) not the juubi.

Oro was busy to prepare sasuke as his new vessel.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
on black person kage when his susuano grabbed him and he put him in ms genjutsu with tsuki.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Souret
Yes
BMC1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:14 AM   #165
Ghost4321
Apprentice Genin

Ghost4321 has completed a tough C-rank mission!Ghost4321 has completed a tough C-rank mission!

I've read some amazing predictions for the next chapter most of them have saucekay talking to the kages then instantly teleporting to maddy. I hope the next chapter has more talking I want to see sauceboy interrogate the shodime haha
Ghost4321 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:25 AM   #166
mrsticky005

mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by narutosoul16 View Post
because edo tensei is a forbidden jutsu. and after the 3rd hokage sealed away the first and second hokage, all the hokages werent able to be summoned using edo tensei anymore. only reason orochimaru was able to was because when he cut open the reapers stomach to get his arms back he also grabbed their souls back
Multi shadow clone jutus is forbidden but Naruto uses it all the time.
I'm sure they could make an excuse for reanimation if need be.

So why don't they just cut open the reapers stomach?

Would they have to sacrifice a few people?
Yes but I'm quite sure someone like say Itachi would be
willing to pay that price. Though it doesn't have to be Itachi.

Spam once and the forum will be annoyed.
Spam twice and warnings will be deployed
Spam thrice and a infraction you will receive
Spam 8,984 times and a FAIL Agent you''ll soon be.

...At least in my case.
mrsticky005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:06 AM   #167
Kioroshi.
Chunin Exam Proctor

Kioroshi. is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kioroshi. is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kioroshi. is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kioroshi. is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kioroshi. is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kioroshi. is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

I will be so dissapointed if Kishi doesn't make orochimaru do some crazy ass stuff now that his arms are back .So this Orochimaru Vs jiraiay can finally come to an end...as we seen full potential jiraiya but not orochimaru.
Kioroshi. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:09 AM   #168
Jutsu Junkie
Chunin Exam Proctor

Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
I was actually referring to the bijuu(jinchurikis) not the juubi.

Oro was busy to prepare sasuke as his new vessel.
Ah, ok.

But to your second point, that doesn't really make sense from Oro's perspective. He was suffering, and beyond that his ability to challenge Sasuke for his body and just general ability to conduct research and even work as a shinobi were considerably compromised. First priority should have been getting his arms back, if he had such a simple way to do so. Preparing Sasuke pales in comparison as a priority. Sure, he needed a body, but he had access to innumerable bodies. I believe he needed a new body every five years, but could perform the transfer at will.

--George Bernard Shaw
Old 02-01-2013, 08:47 AM   #169
Ghost4321
Apprentice Genin

Ghost4321 has completed a tough C-rank mission!Ghost4321 has completed a tough C-rank mission!

It'd be funny if tobirama canceled out the edo tensei like madara did
Ghost4321 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:10 AM   #170
BMC1994
Special Jonin Candidate
BG Moderator

BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Ah, ok.

But to your second point, that doesn't really make sense from Oro's perspective. He was suffering, and beyond that his ability to challenge Sasuke for his body and just general ability to conduct research and even work as a shinobi were considerably compromised. First priority should have been getting his arms back, if he had such a simple way to do so. Preparing Sasuke pales in comparison as a priority. Sure, he needed a body, but he had access to innumerable bodies. I believe he needed a new body every five years, but could perform the transfer at will.
Every 3, getting a uchiha body has always been at the top of oros list. (Besides learing all jutsu in the world which is what the uchiha body was for).

Quote:
on black person kage when his susuano grabbed him and he put him in ms genjutsu with tsuki.
Quote:
Yes
Old 02-01-2013, 10:14 AM   #171
FireShadow
Veteran Chunin

FireShadow is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.FireShadow is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.FireShadow is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.FireShadow is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.FireShadow is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.FireShadow is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.FireShadow is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.FireShadow is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.FireShadow is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.FireShadow is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

saske has plans for oro but none good. he will try to fite and get resealed quickly
FireShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:25 AM   #172
Jutsu Junkie
Chunin Exam Proctor

Quote:
Every 3, getting a uchiha body has always been at the top of oros list. (Besides learing all jutsu in the world which is what the uchiha body was for).
He already had Sasuke in hand anyway by the time Tsunade rejected him, and even if he needed a body every three years, I don't remember where he couldn't get a body at any time between the required replacements. It stands to reason that he could have performed the ritual much much earlier than he actually did, thus shoring up his ability to conquer Sasuke -- which aids his ability to achieve his objective. Instead he waited until he became so weak that Sasuke could eliminate him.

--George Bernard Shaw
Old 02-01-2013, 07:24 PM   #173
MWolman1990
Academy Graduate

MWolman1990 has been known to deface Sannin monuments in the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon of the Hidden Mist View Post
Yes this is a chance to actually see more of my favorite Hokage. The great Tobirama Senju.
one of my fav chars too ^_^ would LOVE to see him in action again. begging for it, seriously.
MWolman1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:54 AM   #174
MWolman1990
Academy Graduate

MWolman1990 has been known to deface Sannin monuments in the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioroshi. View Post
remember how orochimaru said there is another way to get his arms back after tsunade refused?there you go.
genius point i totally forgot about this oro mustve been doing research that kishi didnt show. i stated it earlier but ill say it again, oro getting his arms back was one of the best plot finishers to a certain aspect of a story ive ever seen. EVER.
MWolman1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:48 AM   #175
BMC1994
Special Jonin Candidate
BG Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote:
He already had Sasuke in hand anyway by the time Tsunade rejected him, and even if he needed a body every three years, I don't remember where he couldn't get a body at any time between the required replacements. It stands to reason that he could have performed the ritual much much earlier than he actually did, thus shoring up his ability to conquer Sasuke -- which aids his ability to achieve his objective. Instead he waited until he became so weak that Sasuke could eliminate him.
oro Cant do the body possesion any time he wishes. hence it was a big deal when the sound 5/sasuke arrived so late that oro had to resort to another temporary vessel.

Quote:
Quote:
Yes
Old 02-02-2013, 09:25 AM   #176
Jutsu Junkie
Chunin Exam Proctor

Quote:
oro Cant do the body possesion any time he wishes. hence it was a big deal when the sound 5/sasuke arrived so late that oro had to resort to another temporary vessel.
Well, I get that. My point is that he could continual transfer to a series of temporary vessels, no? It's bothersome, but it would have been easier had he secured his arms from the Dead Demon earlier, even if he had to wait for Sasuke. But given that he went to Tsunade anyway, he still could have broken the Dead Demon seal after that failed attempt. I don't see how it would have been a worse outcome.

--George Bernard Shaw
Old 02-02-2013, 09:26 AM   #177
FireShadow
Veteran Chunin

FireShadow is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.FireShadow is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.FireShadow is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.FireShadow is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.FireShadow is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.FireShadow is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.FireShadow is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.FireShadow is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.FireShadow is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.FireShadow is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Quote:
Well, I get that. My point is that he could continual transfer to a series of temporary vessels, no? It's bothersome, but it would have been easier had he secured his hands earlier.
stop being a jutsu junkie drugs no good xD
FireShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:41 PM   #178
Jutsu Junkie
Chunin Exam Proctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireShadow View Post
stop being a jutsu junkie drugs no good xD
Everyone knows hoarding jutsus is way way more important than whatever Sasuke could contribute. Anyway, I can quit anytime I want.

/twitch

--George Bernard Shaw
Old 02-03-2013, 10:15 PM   #179
paradigm1977
Chunin Exam Proctor

paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
Truth be told...

I find the Hokage boring.

Danzo and Tobirama are the exception.

Danzo is great because

1. He is the most ninja character in the story. Period.

2. He makes the story interesting.

3. If he had his way then those that make the story not interesting
would be dead

Tobirama is potentially interesting because of his mistrust
of the Uchiha and having to carry the burden of Hashirama's error:
Not killing Madara and the consequences of that.

Maybe if we get equal amount of rant time from each one
this could be good. But I am afraid that won't happen
and instead we'll get a lot of the same:
Hashirama's relationship with Madara.
Hiruzen's lame attempts at compromise
Minato and Tobito

meanwhile Tobirama is cast aside like wet rags.

However even with Tobirama I'm still disappointed as
this will be just the Senju side of the story.

Why is Danzo so great?

Because he is a Shimura. He is neither Senju nor Uchiha.

But Minato isn't either.

Yeah. But he might as well be one.

Danzo doesn't follow the will of fire.
But he doesn't follow the uchiha cycle of hatred either.

It's amazing we get all these characters in this war---

And yet the perspective is still skewed to mostly Uchiha and Senju view.
I said in another thread that the kages are fan service, And only Hiruzen was needed. Then there's the drama of Hiruzen being summoned by the pupil who's arms he sealed, with Sasuke uchiha's hatred in the balance.

Tobirama would also have a lot of info since he's tied to the Uchiha in backstory.

Either of those two could have been the sole ET to tell Sasuke what happened. Tobirama would have been the biggest and best surprise, since he makes sense, and we have seen very little of him.

paradigm1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:17 AM   #180
DrKage
Chunin Exam Participant

DrKage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.DrKage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.DrKage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.DrKage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.DrKage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.DrKage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.DrKage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Quote:
Well, I get that. My point is that he could continual transfer to a series of temporary vessels, no? It's bothersome, but it would have been easier had he secured his arms from the Dead Demon earlier, even if he had to wait for Sasuke. But given that he went to Tsunade anyway, he still could have broken the Dead Demon seal after that failed attempt. I don't see how it would have been a worse outcome.
No, I'm pretty sure he could only do it once every three years or so. Which happens to be the same amount of time it takes a host body to reject him. So there's very little overlap between when he can do it but doesn't yet have to do it.

And he might have known there was another way, but he wasn't sure where all the pieces were to make it happen and he spent the next several years finding the information he needed.
DrKage is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
618, naruto chapter