Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Battlegrounds Versus Debates > Narutoverse

Narutoverse For all the debates involving characters from the Naruto series.

View Poll Results: Who would win?
Sasuke 18 51.43%
Gaara 17 48.57%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-27-2013, 08:43 AM   #1
InnerSakura
Special Jonin Candidate

InnerSakura strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.InnerSakura strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.InnerSakura strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.InnerSakura strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.InnerSakura strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.InnerSakura strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.InnerSakura strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.InnerSakura strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.InnerSakura strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.InnerSakura strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.InnerSakura strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.InnerSakura strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.InnerSakura strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.
Default Sasuke v.s. Gaara: Who would win?

Sasuke and Gaara have fought twice in the anime/manga. The last time they fought, Sasuke was at the kage summit. But their battle wasnt finished. If Sasuke and Gaara fought now, who would win?

I personally believe Gaara has a better chance at defeating Sasuke than any other character, besides Naruto, of course. Keep in mind that his sheild of sand can block lots of sasuke's jutsu, even amaterasu. A feat that was impossible even for Bee. Not only that, the sand has been shown to be capable of pulling Madara out of susano'o.

Let the debate begin!

Sakura <3's Aeo

CHAAA!!!!!

Last edited by InnerSakura; 01-31-2013 at 02:52 PM.
InnerSakura is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:08 PM   #2
PrinceofPeace
Banned

PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.
Default Re: Sasuke v.s. Gaara: Who would win?

Garra wins IMO

but this is the wrong section to b\put it in. Put it in Narutoverse
PrinceofPeace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:59 AM   #3
Crair Uchiha
The Pale Rider

Location: Madara Uchiha's closet, I watch him sleep shh... aw he's so cute though.
Crair Uchiha just might be Kage someday.
Crair Uchiha just might be Kage someday.Crair Uchiha just might be Kage someday.
Send a message via Yahoo to Crair Uchiha Send a message via Skype™ to Crair Uchiha

I dunno, that would be a pretty epic battle.

I think Gaara stands a good chance of winning, then again Sasuke has Suanoo which is incredibly strong. Then again Gaara has Ultimate Defense which was strong enough to protect all of Suna from Deidara's C2 Explosion Bomb. So I guess I'd have to say Gaara.

Co-leader of the Sasuke FC.

Just Call Me Madara's Hoe ♚ Fliparrachii Approved
Quote:
Madara-Aijin isn't too bad. I may call you Mada-Ai
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Quote:
It seems the only way you people are going to learn these type of forums are the worse places to use as social networking and dating sites...is for one of you to end up in another posters trunk.
Crair Uchiha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:35 PM   #4
BMC1994
Special Jonin Candidate
BG Moderator

BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Gaara flys around sasuke puls him out of susanoo > Sabaku Soso GG

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
on black person kage when his susuano grabbed him and he put him in ms genjutsu with tsuki.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Souret
Yes
BMC1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:45 PM   #5
Gaara-Shukaku
King of the Jörmungandr!
Looking for that something

Location: Success is not about where you stand, but the direction in which you look.
Gaara-Shukaku is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Gaara-Shukaku is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Gaara-Shukaku is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Gaara-Shukaku is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Gaara-Shukaku is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Gaara-Shukaku is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Gaara-Shukaku is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Gaara-Shukaku is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via ICQ to Gaara-Shukaku Send a message via AIM to Gaara-Shukaku Send a message via MSN to Gaara-Shukaku Send a message via Yahoo to Gaara-Shukaku Send a message via Skype™ to Gaara-Shukaku

Remember that Gaara's sand is also a lot stronger in itself. And his accuracy has excelled since part 1. Gaara had to send waves out to stop attacks and when Sasuke used amaterasu he shoots 4 of them and gaara pins them with 4 little projectiles of sand. Also Gaara can do the jutsu where he makes an eye of sand whilstcovered in a sand shield. Amaterasu doesn't work, susanoo Gaara knows the weakness and could easily combat it. He would use the sand to send it underground even if he doesnt pick up the minerals and stuff to make his sand stronger susanoo is vulnerable from underground. I don't know what Gaara is like with Genjutsu but Gaara is quicker and more precise with his sand plus has more stamina then Sasuke. I think Gaara has this one.

Quote:
Shika did, I did it, Shukaku did it..you got put in your place by half a dozen people.
Quote:
They favor you Gaara-Shukaku. Now is your time to ascend to a higher level of forum being. YOU have been chosen. Accept your fate.
Quote:

gs...man you look really zoned out.

You're my hero :3
Gaara-Shukaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:29 PM   #6
Nauto of Suburbia
Veteran Chunin

Location: Aincrad.... The floating deathtrap... mwa ha ha haaa.
Nauto of Suburbia has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Nauto of Suburbia has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Nauto of Suburbia has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Nauto of Suburbia has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Nauto of Suburbia has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Nauto of Suburbia has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Nauto of Suburbia has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Hmm.... I think that the battle would definitely be epic, but Gaara's jutsu is of the earth style while Sasuke has lightning style, which is stronger than earth style. Overall from the two battles that they've fought though.... I think that Gaara would win.
Nauto of Suburbia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:36 PM   #7
alanis23
Academy Graduate

alanis23 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

i say gaara will win
alanis23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:20 PM   #8
Crair Uchiha
The Pale Rider

Location: Madara Uchiha's closet, I watch him sleep shh... aw he's so cute though.
Crair Uchiha just might be Kage someday.
Crair Uchiha just might be Kage someday.Crair Uchiha just might be Kage someday.
Send a message via Yahoo to Crair Uchiha Send a message via Skype™ to Crair Uchiha

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC1994 View Post
Gaara flys around sasuke puls him out of susanoo > Sabaku Soso GG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaara-Shukaku View Post
Remember that Gaara's sand is also a lot stronger in itself. And his accuracy has excelled since part 1. Gaara had to send waves out to stop attacks and when Sasuke used amaterasu he shoots 4 of them and gaara pins them with 4 little projectiles of sand. Also Gaara can do the jutsu where he makes an eye of sand whilstcovered in a sand shield. Amaterasu doesn't work, susanoo Gaara knows the weakness and could easily combat it. He would use the sand to send it underground even if he doesnt pick up the minerals and stuff to make his sand stronger susanoo is vulnerable from underground. I don't know what Gaara is like with Genjutsu but Gaara is quicker and more precise with his sand plus has more stamina then Sasuke. I think Gaara has this one.
Exactly, that is why I believe Gaara would win this one. Sadly Sasuke would get owned by Gaara. Gaara has gotten a lot stronger over the series. Could Sasuke be able to kill Gaara? Yes. But it would take a huge amount of effort and he would need help. But facing Gaara alone he would get stomped.

Co-leader of the Sasuke FC.

Just Call Me Madara's Hoe ♚ Fliparrachii Approved
Quote:
Madara-Aijin isn't too bad. I may call you Mada-Ai
Quote:
It seems the only way you people are going to learn these type of forums are the worse places to use as social networking and dating sites...is for one of you to end up in another posters trunk.
Crair Uchiha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:34 PM   #9
Gaara-Shukaku
King of the Jörmungandr!
Looking for that something

Location: Success is not about where you stand, but the direction in which you look.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via ICQ to Gaara-Shukaku Send a message via AIM to Gaara-Shukaku Send a message via MSN to Gaara-Shukaku Send a message via Yahoo to Gaara-Shukaku Send a message via Skype™ to Gaara-Shukaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nauto of Suburbia View Post
Hmm.... I think that the battle would definitely be epic, but Gaara's jutsu is of the earth style while Sasuke has lightning style, which is stronger than earth style. Overall from the two battles that they've fought though.... I think that Gaara would win.
While I agree with your conclusion, Gaara's sand isn't stated to be Earth-style. In fact, Shukaku's use of wind release implies that the sand is wind-based and therefore strong against Sasuke's lightning.
Of course, since fire is strong against wind, if that's correct it means Sasuke has the advantage - yet Amaterasu - explicitly stated to be the highest level of fire nature transformation - is blocked effortlessly by the sand. It's most likely that the sand is simply non-elemental.

Quote:
Shika did, I did it, Shukaku did it..you got put in your place by half a dozen people.
Quote:
They favor you Gaara-Shukaku. Now is your time to ascend to a higher level of forum being. YOU have been chosen. Accept your fate.
Quote:

gs...man you look really zoned out.

You're my hero :3
Gaara-Shukaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:51 PM   #10
InnerSakura
Special Jonin Candidate

InnerSakura strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.InnerSakura strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.InnerSakura strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.InnerSakura strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.InnerSakura strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.InnerSakura strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.InnerSakura strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.InnerSakura strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.InnerSakura strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.InnerSakura strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.InnerSakura strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.InnerSakura strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.InnerSakura strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.

That seems very likely.
Great explanation, by the way. ^^

Sakura <3's Aeo

CHAAA!!!!!

InnerSakura is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:44 PM   #11
BMC1994
Special Jonin Candidate
BG Moderator

BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Pretty much has been decided, closing this.

Quote:
on black person kage when his susuano grabbed him and he put him in ms genjutsu with tsuki.
Quote:
Yes
Old 02-01-2013, 07:27 AM   #12
JLI2infinity
Chunin Exam Proctor

JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.
Default Sasuke vs Gaara V2

Reopen this. Merge it with the others I don't care. But everyone who voted for Gaara is high out their minds.

I know the BGs havent been as lively as they used to be and we don't remember all the feats and strategies we used to for characters but that thread was a disgrace. Have we just forgotten the tiers here.

How does Gaara win? He can only block Amaterasu and Susano'o for so long and if he's not in an arena that already has sand he has to make some of his own meaning he'd have to find a way to stall Sasuke mid fight which isnt gonna happen. Sasuke has flight capability, arrows that move faster than Kakashi's reaction time, and genjutsu, genjutsu, GENJUTSU.

Don't try to write this off as something that can be handled or broken. Over the timeskip Sasuke reached a level where he could match Itachi in a non-MS genjutsu fight. Itachi who's ordinary sharingan genjutsu was about to make Naruto choke himself to death. Sasuke's genjutsu knocked Shee a genjutsu specialist out cold with one technique and no it didnt require eye contact before I have to hear that counter. Sasuke's MS genjutsu was also able to incapacitate Bee meaning if it wasnt for his bijuu that could've potentially won Sasuke the fight. Maybe if we're talking about some future Gaara with a lot more notches on his belt taking on genjutsu users like Danzo had done, I can buy it but as of now he has no genjutsu resistance whatsoever.

If anyone can give me a decent explanation as to how Gaara can counter this please respond. I just had to make a new thread here because the first one was a travesty
JLI2infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:32 AM   #13
Naruto Namikazi
Chunin Exam Participant

Naruto Namikazi has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Naruto Namikazi has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Naruto Namikazi has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Naruto Namikazi has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Naruto Namikazi has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Naruto Namikazi has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Naruto Namikazi has a spectacular chakra aura going on.
Default Re: Sasuke vs Gaara V2

Wait... there was a thread before this and Gaara won ??!! WHAT ?!!! Wow.... just wow....

First of all Gaara has no counter for Genjutsu as far as we know... And Sasuke is good enough to make him get into a Genjutsu, if he got Danzo in a Genjutsu he can get Gaara in easily, he even got Itachi in a Genjutsu.... Genjutsu alone is enough to win the fight...

Susano... I wonder how in the world Gaara can destroy that >.> ?
Save Us

Naruto Namikazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:35 AM   #14
JLI2infinity
Chunin Exam Proctor

JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruto Namikazi View Post
Wait... there was a thread before this and Gaara won ??!! WHAT ?!!! Wow.... just wow....

First of all Gaara has no counter for Genjutsu as far as we know... And Sasuke is good enough to make him get into a Genjutsu, if he got Danzo in a Genjutsu he can get Gaara in easily, he even got Itachi in a Genjutsu.... Genjutsu alone is enough to win the fight...

Susano... I wonder how in the world Gaara can destroy that >.> ?
Thank you. LOL BMC locked it before fans who hadn't lost their minds could respond.

I do think Gaara showed he can counter Susano'o against Madara though.
JLI2infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:18 AM   #15
BMC1994
Special Jonin Candidate
BG Moderator

Awards Showcase

It was getting so one sided that i really saw no toher meaningfull responses coming, maybe was a little to enthousiastic.

Reopening it/merging it with this one (if i ever figure out how to do that)

Edit:

Well the debate is all yours JL2

Quote:
Quote:
Yes

Last edited by BMC1994; 02-01-2013 at 08:21 AM.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:45 AM   #16
armaan
Ninja Academy Student

armaan saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Sasuke wins

only the reason he is losing because people hate him
armaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:47 AM   #17
Ninyn
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: I have traveled far and have honed my skills. Wisdom is greater than power!
Ninyn finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Ninyn finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Ninyn finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Ninyn finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Ninyn finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Ninyn finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Ninyn finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Ninyn finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InnerSakura View Post
Sasuke and Gaara have fought twice in the anime/manga. The last time they fought, Sasuke was at the kage summit. But their battle wasnt finished. If Sasuke and Gaara fought now, who would win?

I personally believe Gaara has a better chance at defeating Sasuke than any other character, besides Naruto, of course. Keep in mind that his sheild of sand can block lots of sasuke's jutsu, even amaterasu. A feat that was impossible even for Bee. Not only that, the sand has been shown to be capable of pulling Madara out of susano'o.

Let the debate begin!
i agree gaara wins.

Spoiler:
My First Theme
YouTube:
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

My Title
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
"I'm going to tell you something important now, so you better dig the wax out of your ears and listen! The reputation of The Naruto Forum echoes far and wide. When they talk about its badass leader - the man of indomitable spirit, awesomeness, charms and masculinity - they're talking about me! The MIGHTY NINYN!!!"

My Favorite Theme

YouTube:
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Ninyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:47 AM   #18
BMC1994
Special Jonin Candidate
BG Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by armaan View Post
Sasuke wins

only the reason he is losing because people hate him
/andhewouldwinbecausepeoplelovehim

Please no.

Debate with characters actual abilities like JL2 pointed out genjutsu.

Our feelings for a character have no direct effect on a hypothetical fight.(Unlike the actual manga )

@JL2

The guy who can cover the entire field in a desert has no need for eye contact , gaaras uses that sand globish thing he used against deidara grind some sand. And sasuke will literally be 6 feet deep.

Best part of this no eye contact required at all since the scale of the attack is too large for someone with sasuke speed to dodge.

Gaara can basically turtle this entire fight.Even if he does summon hawk (which i doubt wil be able to escape that giant desert funeral or even summoning it in time.) .

Quote:
Quote:
Yes

Last edited by BMC1994; 02-01-2013 at 08:52 AM.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:51 AM   #19
armaan
Ninja Academy Student

armaan saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Sasuke is sad
armaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:53 AM   #20
BMC1994
Special Jonin Candidate
BG Moderator

Awards Showcase

All that sasuke being sad does is make him an easier kill for gaara y'know.

Quote:
Quote:
Yes