Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Battlegrounds Versus Debates > Narutoverse

Narutoverse For all the debates involving characters from the Naruto series.

View Poll Results: Orochimaru vs Kisame
Orochimaru 18 64.29%
Kisame 10 35.71%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-07-2013, 09:22 AM   #1
CoolerThanIce
Chunin Exam Proctor

CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Awards Showcase

Default Orochimaru vs Kisame

Start: 40m

-No knowledge
-No reincarnation jutsu for Orochimaru
-No off-canon jutsus (the white snake possession, rain water shark wave or casualty puppet jutsu for example)
-Kisame gets 5 min of prep time

Last edited by CoolerThanIce; 01-07-2013 at 11:33 AM.
CoolerThanIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:32 PM   #2
PrinceofPeace
Banned

PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.
Default Re: Orochimaru vs Kisame

Spoiler:
this has already been done and Kisame wins. Good idea though

Kisame should take this! Kisame can flood the area and go underground to dodge anything too terible. Plus with Giant Water Shark Kisame can eat any strong ninjutsu which Oro excels in. Kisame wins with or without prep
PrinceofPeace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:42 AM   #3
Kakashi11
Chunin

Kakashi11 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kakashi11 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kakashi11 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kakashi11 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kakashi11 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

I think the only way Oro could win this is if he kept on going under the ground and striking and then maybe attack him with his sword, though his chances of winning are very slim.
"In the ninja world, those who break the rules are trash, that's true, but those who abandon their comrades are worse than trash, and the ones who don't treasure their friends feelings are even worse than that" Kakashi Hatake

What Is Better Naruto Or Bleach?
I've Never Used Naruto.
Does it get your laundry white?

PSN- Knapers
Fav Character- Kakashi Hatake
Least Fav Character- Sasugay Uchiha
Kakashi11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:52 AM   #4
Maruko
Special Jonin Candidate

Maruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFKMaruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFK
Maruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFKMaruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFK

Awards Showcase

Orochimaru wins.
He's much more versatile. Kisame is, too, but Orochimaru is more experienced and he has a bigger variety of jutsus.
Kisame can use water dome, but Oro can use that Hydra jutsu and easily swim out.
Maruko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:32 PM   #5
PrinceofPeace
Banned

PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Kisame can go underground as well
Old 01-24-2013, 08:10 AM   #6
Crair Uchiha
The Pale Rider

Location: Madara Uchiha's closet, I watch him sleep shh... aw he's so cute though.
Crair Uchiha completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.
Crair Uchiha completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.
Send a message via Yahoo to Crair Uchiha Send a message via Skype™ to Crair Uchiha

Kisame for following reasons.

1.) Orochimaru can summon snakes, but if Kisame used water techniques to flood, I don't know how well snakes can swim...well I do but I know its not very fast.
2.) Kisame can fuse with Samehada to go into his shark form.
3.) Kisame can use Samehada to steal Oro'pedo's chakra.

That's about it.

Co-leader of the Sasuke FC.

Just Call Me Madara's Hoe ♚ Fliparrachii Approved
Quote:
Madara-Aijin isn't too bad. I may call you Mada-Ai
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Quote:
It seems the only way you people are going to learn these type of forums are the worse places to use as social networking and dating sites...is for one of you to end up in another posters trunk.
Crair Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:33 PM   #7
Kioroshi.
Chunin Exam Proctor

Kioroshi. is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kioroshi. is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kioroshi. is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kioroshi. is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kioroshi. is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kioroshi. is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Umm hydra should take this.Kisame can't beat it.I doubt he can cut it with his sword or flood it.Its huge.Also Like Maruko said orochimaru is much more versatile.

I say Orochimaru.
Kioroshi. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:51 PM   #8
tanduhman
Special Jonin Candidate

tanduhman is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.tanduhman is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.tanduhman is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.tanduhman is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.tanduhman is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.tanduhman is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Once oro is in hydro he is not very versatile, and is stuck to fighting in that form unless he were to change. Kisame's giant water shark missile would eat him alive.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Amazing things that tantan approves
Spoiler:

1. My best friends
2. Playing guitar is sexy
3. working out.. i know this sounds ridiculous, and jug headed, but it honestly clears my mind. Nothing better to release steam on than some weights. Not only that but completing a self created goal is priceless. I have constant goals through my training routine, and I plan to break them!
tanduhman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:59 AM   #9
PrinceofPeace
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioroshi. View Post
Umm hydra should take this.
and Giant Water SHark Bullet takes that
Kisame can't beat it.
he would just absorb its chakra easier
I doubt he can cut it with his sword or flood it.
did you forget about the 1,ooo shark army
Its huge.Also Like Maruko said orochimaru is much more versatile.
not witout prep

I say Orochimaru.
I say your wrong
Old 01-27-2013, 01:48 PM   #10
Kioroshi.
Chunin Exam Proctor

Kioroshi. is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kioroshi. is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kioroshi. is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kioroshi. is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kioroshi. is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Kioroshi. is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceofPeace View Post
I say your wrong

Giant Shark Bullet Only works against chakra projectiles and is made to absorb chakra from them and become bigger,On its own i doubt its bigger then Hydra.And it can't drain its chakra cuz its not a projectile.

1000 Sharks ehh?Im pretty sure they won't do anything,The best they can do is flip hydra over but thats it.They can't eat it or cut its heads like susanoo could.

And kisame can't come close to it and absorb its chakra like walking to killer bee.Hydra is huge and could smash him with its legs or eat him.

O.o i don't see what are you trying to prove.Water techniques ain't gonna defeat hydra,its massive and can tank anything thrown at it.

Lol you say orochimaru is not more versatile w/o prep?I call bs on this,he needs prep for that?lol!?
Old 01-27-2013, 03:47 PM   #11
PrinceofPeace
Banned

Quote:
Giant Shark Bullet Only works against chakra projectiles and is made to absorb chakra from them and become bigger,On its own i doubt its bigger then Hydra.And it can't drain its chakra cuz its not a projectile.
is hydra even possible? But I agree

1000 Sharks ehh?Im pretty sure they won't do anything,The best they can do is flip hydra over but thats it.They can't eat it or cut its heads like susanoo could.
It would still do damage. Afterall the snake has no feats

And kisame can't come close to it and absorb its chakra like walking to killer bee.Hydra is huge and could smash him with its legs or eat him.
water dome would drown that big snake.

O.o i don't see what are you trying to prove.Water techniques ain't gonna defeat hydra,its massive and can tank anything thrown at it.
Lol not a sussano sword. But overall the snake has no real feats. It's just big. SO it can be drowned with Water Dome or spamed at with sharks. In that form Oro can not use any of his other jutusu

Lol you say orochimaru is not more versatile w/o prep?I call bs on this,he needs prep for that?lol!?
Without prep no ET
his jutsu are bassically just snakes
Old 01-27-2013, 05:16 PM   #12
FireShadow
Veteran Chunin

FireShadow is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.FireShadow is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.FireShadow is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.FireShadow is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.FireShadow is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.FireShadow is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.FireShadow is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.FireShadow is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.FireShadow is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.FireShadow is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Orochimaru is a sanin so he wins without fail :}
FireShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:23 PM   #13
PrinceofPeace
Banned

Kisame is an akasuki member so he wins without fail

(Next time you think someone wins please put more thought/info into it.)
Old 01-28-2013, 03:10 AM   #14
Kioroshi.
Chunin Exam Proctor

Quote:
Without prep no ET
his jutsu are bassically just snakes

So basically only thing you got left is that Hydra has no feats.

Well I can bet Hydra Bigger then that water dome.

Well remember how Manda's skin is able to ressist almost anything?If this is Orochimaru's Strongest Jutsu then hydra must have its skin harder or equal to pierce as manda,and those nasty sharks wouldn't do any damage to manda except being a nuissance <(spelled wrong probably)

How can Kisame Counter white snake paralysing poison even if he somehow defeats Orochimaru and makes him fight in his true form.

Or how does kisame ressist five elements seal?

Quote:
In that form Oro can not use any of his other jutusu
Im calling for proof on this one.

Last edited by Kioroshi.; 01-28-2013 at 03:14 AM.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:05 AM   #15
PrinceofPeace
Banned

Quote:
So basically only thing you got left is that Hydra has no feats.
yep...and proof that Oro can use that jutsu without Saskue's CS

Well I can bet Hydra Bigger then that water dome.
proof?

Well remember how Manda's skin is able to ressist almost anything?If this is Orochimaru's Strongest Jutsu then hydra must have its skin harder or equal to pierce as manda,and those nasty sharks wouldn't do any damage to manda except being a nuissance <(spelled wrong probably)
assuming

How can Kisame Counter white snake paralysing poison even if he somehow defeats Orochimaru and makes him fight in his true form.
hard to breath posion when he is breathing water

Or how does kisame ressist five elements seal?
that would not work on Kisame it was just Naruto cuz he was special. ALso Kisame would not let Oro get that close

Im calling for proof on this one.
Your the one who needs to give proof. We have not seen anything from the giant snake. MY proof is that they did not do anything
Old 01-28-2013, 05:18 AM   #16
BMC1994
Special Jonin Candidate
BG Moderator

BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireShadow View Post
Orochimaru is a sanin so he wins without fail :}
Try to reason more from what the character has shown then what the character is.

I mean hanzo handled 3 sannin yet was defeated by 1 samurai.

Narutos a genin but is currently the strongest good guy in the series. (except maybe So6P)

etc etc etc.

Quote:
on black person kage when his susuano grabbed him and he put him in ms genjutsu with tsuki.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Souret
Yes
BMC1994 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:25 AM   #17
PrinceofPeace
Banned

All of the Eight Branches Technique jutsu were OFF CANNON
And white snake possession was also OFF CANNON

Plus the battle is in Kisame's hometown so he has the advantage.
He can use the mist and the natural water/humidty to his advantage to increase the power of his water style
Old 01-28-2013, 01:00 PM   #18
FireShadow
Veteran Chunin

FireShadow is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.FireShadow is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.FireShadow is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.FireShadow is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.FireShadow is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.FireShadow is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.FireShadow is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.FireShadow is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.FireShadow is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.FireShadow is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC1994 View Post
Try to reason more from what the character has shown then what the character is.

I mean hanzo handled 3 sannin yet was defeated by 1 samurai.

Narutos a genin but is currently the strongest good guy in the series. (except maybe So6P)

etc etc etc.
he has to take jonin test over agin to become, technically he is already kage level but they say no because he needs to beat test first.

also orochi maru qould wipe the floor with weak death scythe guy xD
FireShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:04 PM   #19
Kioroshi.
Chunin Exam Proctor

Quote:
Your the one who needs to give proof. We have not seen anything from the giant snake. MY proof is that they did not do anything

Why couldn't he? O_o sasuke's cs did nothing except let orochimaru go out when sasukes chakra was drained.

Idk is this cannon or off cannon but im sure i saw this.1 time when they were showing orochimarus flashbacks and how he got corrupted by evil i they showed him reading scrolls and Hydra was pictured on 1 of them,and this was while itachi was a gennin so sasuke wasn't even born.

Chapter 392 page 8.As you can see in the background hydra is big as the mountain,but they are also in the background so we can't propetly judge.
I think this was stated somewhere "hydra is bigger then the already colossal snake manda" Chapter 170 is full of Manda comparisons to "kabuto and orochimaru who are smaller together then 1 of his idk how its said inner eyes lol" to "gamabunta and katsuyu also" and so on.

Chapter 472 page 10 the air view of water dome.

Now compare water dome size to background size of hydra and its about equal in height,you can find height size of water dome in chapter 472 also.There Proof that orochimaru can't be drowned in water dome cuz hes in 1 of hydras mouth and it is high enough to breathe.

Also if this doesn't work for you orochimaru can just go underground and water won't be able to follow.Or he can summon manda and it can go underground along with him and eat kisame.

The paralysing poison is not off cannon chapter 345 page 3-4-5...

Quote:
that would not work on Kisame it was just Naruto cuz he was special. ALso Kisame would not let Oro get that close

I call for proof.Where is it stated it only worked on him cuz hes special?chapter 91 page 12 Five elements seal is made to stop the chakra flow.Check narutopedia (yes ik it isn't reliable but people wouldn't type complete nonsense and if they did it wouldn't stay for so long)

Quote:
assuming
well it makes sense doesn't it?

Quote:
hard to breath posion when he is breathing water

He would probably put out the water dome when he cuts the snake to pieces but poof he can't move anymore and water dome is out.Easy kill.

there.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:46 PM   #20
PrinceofPeace
Banned

Huh? How can Oro use Eight Branches if saskue with CS is not there?

Off-Cannon

I think you got that from narutowiki but yeah we get it its huge.

The dome follows Kisame so when Kisame swims upward the dome would also follow

You think Kisame will stand there and let him go underground when hundreds of snakes are after Oro??!?!!?

That was white snake possession. Oro can not use it cuz he does not need a vessel

and how do you think Oro can afford to get close enough? WIth the shark army and Water dome and the fact that Kisame can steal Chakra it would be too risky for Oro to get close up

we can not assume

Eight Branches does not form posion and white snake possesion can not be used