Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Cutting Edge > Debate Forum

Debate Forum Debate interesting non-Naruto topics. All forum rules apply.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2013, 02:34 PM   #21
CoolerThanIce
Chunin Exam Proctor
 
CoolerThanIce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Igloo.
Posts: 1,547
Rep Power: 9
CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Global Warming: Science or pollution?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
It's a theory shula, not a reality.
No offense, but have you been living under a rock or something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru Nara View Post
The world is actually getting warmer and it's because of tectonics.
Please just read my posts above. The world isn't getting warmer because of tectonics. That's just ridiculous.

The fact that some people in this world still think that this is a theory angers me. It seems like some people refuse to believe, or take it for being "Just a theory" simply because the thought of the world ending sooner than it should because of their lifestyle, scares them.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CoolerThanIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:28 PM   #22
Shikamaru Nara
blank
Moderator
 
Shikamaru Nara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 45,673
Rep Power: 58
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Global Warming: Science or pollution?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolerThanIce View Post
No offense, but have you been living under a rock or something?


Please just read my posts above. The world isn't getting warmer because of tectonics. That's just ridiculous.

The fact that some people in this world still think that this is a theory angers me. It seems like some people refuse to believe, or take it for being "Just a theory" simply because the thought of the world ending sooner than it should because of their lifestyle, scares them.
It is tectonics. The plates under the Earth are moving. Are you trying to deny that?

Do you know what continental drift is?
Shikamaru Nara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:38 PM   #23
Shisko Shi
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Shisko Shi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: The Role Plays; The BG's; The Fan Forge
Posts: 13,355
Rep Power: 35
Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Shisko Shi
Default Re: Global Warming: Science or pollution?

Ok as for the earth getting warmer yes but the way it is happening is not how it is ment. That is way scientice are worried.
__________________
Quote:
The Homecoming King
Spoiler:

You're captain of the football team and are heavily involved in other sports. You actually get pretty decent grades, but most people don't know that. Most girls really really REALLY want to date you, but you don't notice or care for them. They're just fangirls. Like Sasuke.
You have a cool headed manner, and it almost appears as serious. When you're out in the games playing, you're just as serious but extremely aggressive. This is what leads the NDF football team to victory (lol in reality the team would suck ass but lets just imagine it otherwise)
You're popular and a lot of people look up to you and see you as most likely to win "Best All Around" in the yearbook. You walk into a party and everyone shouts "AYYY IT'S COLLIIIIIN" and you get attacked by high fives by your teammates and crew and hugs by desperate females. But most people don't know a lot about you personally because you don't let anyone in a lot.
Shisko Shi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:20 AM   #24
CoolerThanIce
Chunin Exam Proctor
 
CoolerThanIce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Igloo.
Posts: 1,547
Rep Power: 9
CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.CoolerThanIce is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Global Warming: Science or pollution?

[QUOTE It is tectonics. The plates under the Earth are moving. Are you trying to deny that?

Do you know what continental drift is?[/QUOTE]

Of course I know what continental drift is. You're trying to explain away climate change. Have you even read about the Greenhouse effect? I mean, you must've at some point in your life (I've even explained it in my recent posts).

Why are you trying to deny the fact that the increase of Greenhouse gases is the cause of the earth getting warmer? Are you trying to block it out of your brain so that you won't feel guilty everytime you use your car or any other vehicle that contributes to environmental pollution? You could be living in climate change denial (it's a psychological defense mechanism) for all I know.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CoolerThanIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:34 AM   #25
Shisko Shi
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Shisko Shi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: The Role Plays; The BG's; The Fan Forge
Posts: 13,355
Rep Power: 35
Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Shisko Shi
Default Re: Global Warming: Science or pollution?

If you think the plates moving is the cause the you need to pull you head out your butt. That is not the reason, plus they don't move much.


Also Don't say the Ozone having a hole will help us, that has nothing to do with Gas. That is just a prtecton layer from UV rays. It is near Astrailia and that place was hit hard by the heat this summer more then it ever as.

Oh and Shika, are you in College? If you are or not you need to take 'Path way to Sustainability.' Talks about it alot and its a good class, you might like it. =P
__________________
Quote:
The Homecoming King
Spoiler:

You're captain of the football team and are heavily involved in other sports. You actually get pretty decent grades, but most people don't know that. Most girls really really REALLY want to date you, but you don't notice or care for them. They're just fangirls. Like Sasuke.
You have a cool headed manner, and it almost appears as serious. When you're out in the games playing, you're just as serious but extremely aggressive. This is what leads the NDF football team to victory (lol in reality the team would suck ass but lets just imagine it otherwise)
You're popular and a lot of people look up to you and see you as most likely to win "Best All Around" in the yearbook. You walk into a party and everyone shouts "AYYY IT'S COLLIIIIIN" and you get attacked by high fives by your teammates and crew and hugs by desperate females. But most people don't know a lot about you personally because you don't let anyone in a lot.

Last edited by Shisko Shi; 01-26-2013 at 08:40 AM.
Shisko Shi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:58 PM   #26
Shikamaru Nara
blank
Moderator
 
Shikamaru Nara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 45,673
Rep Power: 58
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Global Warming: Science or pollution?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolerThanIce View Post
It is tectonics. The plates under the Earth are moving. Are you trying to deny that?

Do you know what continental drift is?

Of course I know what continental drift is. You're trying to explain away climate change. Have you even read about the Greenhouse effect? I mean, you must've at some point in your life (I've even explained it in my recent posts).

Why are you trying to deny the fact that the increase of Greenhouse gases is the cause of the earth getting warmer? Are you trying to block it out of your brain so that you won't feel guilty everytime you use your car or any other vehicle that contributes to environmental pollution? You could be living in climate change denial (it's a psychological defense mechanism) for all I know.
Yeah, I've learned about the greenhouse effect.
As for me being guilty about climate change, I know that nothing I do will change the world for the worse in my lifetime, so no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shisko Shi View Post
If you think the plates moving is the cause the you need to pull you head out your butt. That is not the reason, plus they don't move much.


Also Don't say the Ozone having a hole will help us, that has nothing to do with Gas. That is just a prtecton layer from UV rays. It is near Astrailia and that place was hit hard by the heat this summer more then it ever as.

Oh and Shika, are you in College? If you are or not you need to take 'Path way to Sustainability.' Talks about it alot and its a good class, you might like it. =P
Oh? It's not the reason?
That's why there were traces of coal found on Antarctica, right?

The current climate would not support bituminous coal. It's too cold. The truth of the matter is that the Earth was all very close to the equator at one point and we're gearing up to another Pangaea.

Climate change is definitely contingent upon tectonics.
Shikamaru Nara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:56 PM   #27
Euron
 
Euron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 348
Rep Power: 5
Euron saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Global Warming: Science or pollution?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru Nara View Post
Oh? It's not the reason?
That's why there were traces of coal found on Antarctica, right?

The current climate would not support bituminous coal. It's too cold. The truth of the matter is that the Earth was all very close to the equator at one point and we're gearing up to another Pangaea.

Climate change is definitely contingent upon tectonics.
You seem to think climate change is only local changes. Antarctica was once part of pangaea yes, but it eventually drifted the south pole where it is now. I don't see how your argument makes sense in the context of global climate changes though.

But yes, tectonic changes are one of the factors that affect the climate. It causes local climate changes (such as the landmass that is now antarctica) by shifting the location of the land, or changing the ocean streams. However, none of this is relevant since what we're seeing now is global climate changes.
Why do tectonics cause climate global change? One of the main reasons is actually because it releases CO2 trapped within the earth plates. However, human activity has released far more CO2 than tectonics have.

No one denied that tectonics was causing climate changes, but it's role is a lot less than human activity.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Euron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:44 PM   #28
FireShadow
Veteran Chunin
 
FireShadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Sri Lanka - Limbo
Posts: 1,211
Rep Power: 6
FireShadow is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.FireShadow is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.FireShadow is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.FireShadow is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.FireShadow is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.FireShadow is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.FireShadow is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.FireShadow is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.FireShadow is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.FireShadow is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.
Default Re: Global Warming: Science or pollution?

i think it is made up i mean dinosaurs created gasses and so did volcanoes and mists etc. etc. but there was no oozone wekaking. seems like to me
FireShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:24 PM   #29
Shisko Shi
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Shisko Shi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: The Role Plays; The BG's; The Fan Forge
Posts: 13,355
Rep Power: 35
Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Shisko Shi
Default Re: Global Warming: Science or pollution?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru Nara View Post
Yeah, I've learned about the greenhouse effect.
As for me being guilty about climate change, I know that nothing I do will change the world for the worse in my lifetime, so no.



Oh? It's not the reason?
That's why there were traces of coal found on Antarctica, right?

The current climate would not support bituminous coal. It's too cold. The truth of the matter is that the Earth was all very close to the equator at one point and we're gearing up to another Pangaea.

Climate change is definitely contingent upon tectonics.
With that makes the ice melt faster. But yea you can not say that is the main reason that is incorrect. That is a helper yea. but then you got the pollution in the air with the CO2 and the gasses. With all the trees can not equal out the amout of CO2 emmitted by not onkly animles and us but Factories like Fossil Fuel. If you think that has nothing to do with it. Well you are luck to be a super mod or I'd use kryptonite to go on more. But I don't want to take the chance and make you mad if I do lol.

What helps keep out planet cool is the ice that is not melting proventing the white to reflet the heat. But it isn't just coal, it is also soot and others.
__________________
Quote:
The Homecoming King
Spoiler:

You're captain of the football team and are heavily involved in other sports. You actually get pretty decent grades, but most people don't know that. Most girls really really REALLY want to date you, but you don't notice or care for them. They're just fangirls. Like Sasuke.
You have a cool headed manner, and it almost appears as serious. When you're out in the games playing, you're just as serious but extremely aggressive. This is what leads the NDF football team to victory (lol in reality the team would suck ass but lets just imagine it otherwise)
You're popular and a lot of people look up to you and see you as most likely to win "Best All Around" in the yearbook. You walk into a party and everyone shouts "AYYY IT'S COLLIIIIIN" and you get attacked by high fives by your teammates and crew and hugs by desperate females. But most people don't know a lot about you personally because you don't let anyone in a lot.
Shisko Shi is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.