Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Battlegrounds Versus Debates > Battlegrounds HQ

Battlegrounds HQ The headquarters of the debating area. Introduce yourself here, get to know other Battlegrounds, and discuss the details and events of the BG.

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 07:22 PM   #361
Sagepain
............... The Original Sage

Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Sagepain
Default Re: BG Convo #70: Everyone Loves Pies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha Sora View Post
Oh god it sounds like someone was defending eagles
Who?.......

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:26 PM   #362
LilHinataGirl
Special Jonin Candidate

LilHinataGirl is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.LilHinataGirl is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.LilHinataGirl is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
LilHinataGirl is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.LilHinataGirl is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to LilHinataGirl Send a message via Yahoo to LilHinataGirl Send a message via Skype™ to LilHinataGirl

@Uchiha If someone ever defended Eagles
I'd probably
Laugh so hard at the attempt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

LHG

Old 01-23-2013, 07:32 PM   #363
Devroux

Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Immortal Watch Dog View Post
I'm sure that's all true not disputing or doubting but it resulted in things looking bad
Unavoidable, to say the least. Everyone won't ever be pleased, but you can try to please most of them.

Quote:
I'll put it to you this way member perception can matter more than reality..trying to convince the userbase in the usual "a dozen staffers enter a thread and there are silencing attempts" wont do any good but more damage

you're right of course but I'm just laying it out there
In a sense, yes, because these people could be so strongly convinced that, to them, it is reality. However, reality is still reality. What you see is not always what it is. But yes, I understand what you're trying to say. People are sometimes just stuck to their viewpoints.

Quote:
I think it was doing a lot of good until it came off like Meikeru overrode the will of the people- then it exploded
Wait... What happened? I don't remember anything about Maik overriding anything. In reality, he really leaves most of the MotM decisions to me.

Quote:
if something like what the OBD'ers did regarding operation titanic happened here..I'm pretty sure heads would roll or this site would be shut down.

so I understand that wont happen but creating a true blue and fair staff requires at times..listening too and doing things that the majority of us wont like
What's Operation Titanic?

That's what government is. The minority in charge may not please the majority at times, but in the end it is often for the best, whether people see it then or later.

Quote:
the only difference between this place and outside is the fundamental belief all debaters hold which is "we shouldn't have to put up with idiocy or biased" How that belief is expressed can range from, the peaceful climate we have now to the 2010 climate

which was myself and some others deciding "we're going to conduct a purge on this section due to the staffs unwillingness to do it..and if the sesame street faction dislikes that..we'll use the salt from their tears as flavoring during our victory feast"

got results..but created the huge backlash all non BG'ers have towards us..err well contributed to it TBC did a lot of that on his own.
This section is comprised of fictional characters battling it out, but in order to debate one must know well the limits that the mangaka has given their creations. The other section isn't necessarily bias, but is built off of the understanding that opinions will clash and things must be discussed opinion to opinion.

The first time I tried entering the BGs, I was met with a neg rep and decided that people in here were assholes. But gaining my bearings on the site and in anime, I know that that's untrue. Thought the old is gone and the new is probably a lot nicer, I believe that I could still handle the old BGs as I am now.

I believe that saying that the BGs has a different image among people can be said by many, as quite a few users you'd normally never expect to come here are here now. Things have lightened up with the disappearance of older trolls, or at least people aren't so... clenched.

Quote:
Of course we should hold ourselves to higher standards, but that cuts both ways. We should be able to properly lay the verbal smack down on an offending troll in a way that educates said troll and prevents us from having to nuke him..This is my goal any way

There are also people so unreasonable it would actually set a bad example to be considerate of their feelings.
I believe that I take people's feelings into consideration when doing my job, but I also know that that is minimalist. One must be conservative with how they warn and moderate, but it doesn't mean that you shouldn't hand out infractions because you don't want to make someone cry. I just believe that things, unemotionally, can be handled more delicately than verbally slapping people around. You don't have to be respectful, but you don't have to be disrespectful either, you know?

That's not to say there are a fair share of users you just can't hold back on. I know I've gone off on PoP a couple times just because he's a bit dense. However, I still know that things can be handled better to a certain extent.

Quote:
that was certainly saintly of you- especially with my playing devils advocate

I can't rep you for some reason..wish I could though
I try. Sometimes it's hard, but I try to keep it cool.

Quote:
You mean I should have courteous and sweet to someone who is a proven sexual pervert? someone who made threats against our staff? Against our users? Stalked minors and is a proven pedophile?

I mean I understand not flying off the rails on a guy like POP as dumb as he is, he's not a bad guy and we should hold back on him

what type of example does it set to these kids though to be coddling of someone like that? That's my problem with that stance.
Don't be courteous. Don't coddle someone like that. That's not the point I'm trying to express. As I said above, you don't need to be respectful, but you shouldn't go out of your way to be disrespectful.

Instead of giving him the verbal warning, you littered a decent thread with images of eagles, obviously mocking the user into submission. Not only that, but the abuse of power went further when you got off with a congratulations after he was warned for swearing. You flamed, you baited, and were congratulated. That's not something I'd let happen.

Quote:
Because SnS a manic depressive liar he didn't dupe to log on and threaten to kill her- although if she knew what Ashen and I knew about him..maybe she would

Eagles and Scyther did..as well as to CoP and their hostility towards them is entirely understandable
I don't know who SnS is or what he's done, but I thought SNB (senseinobulge) was a completely different user. He harmlessly goes after Kakashi, but Daph flies off the handle at every mention.

Quote:
I did though the first thing I did was rage in a vm to Sajuuk or another Quasi..they knew

while they were busy doing their lives, before the ax came I decided to make it clear we weren't going to welcome him back..I don't regret it and I'd do it again
It started off well then, but mocking him wasn't necessarily the way to go. Honestly, it was an immature route to take when you could have simply stated a verbal, IWD warning.

Quote:
Oh I know you aren't don't worry I'm not roaring "rawrr pro pedo" like I do at the NF staff after all
WOOOO. Sagepain keeps acting like I'm a pedo/pro-pedo. >.> That pervert...

Quote:
sometimes I think that's exactly what's happening that he is being tested, other times I think it's an error of not knowing what the other side is capable of.

case by case really don't think there are any WB haters on the site
Who could hate Whitebeard? He's the greatest thing to hit manga since... Whitebeard.

Quote:
We understand Dev, no one here is going to take issue with your complaints they are perfectly legitimate and come with the best of intentions

and I do regret the loss of that fine thread
We should get another thread for it going. One that won't be damaged with eagles. D:<
χ Δ|✝ΣR

Old 01-23-2013, 07:40 PM   #364
Sagepain

Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devroux View Post
I'm just going by your award....................Pedo >.>

Old 01-23-2013, 07:43 PM   #365
Uchiha Sora
Has a Keyblade

Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.
Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagepain View Post
Who?.......
Nevermind

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilHinataGirl View Post
@Uchiha If someone ever defended Eagles
I'd probably
Laugh so hard at the attempt

Old 01-23-2013, 07:46 PM   #366
LilHinataGirl
Special Jonin Candidate

LilHinataGirl is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.LilHinataGirl is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.LilHinataGirl is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
LilHinataGirl is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.LilHinataGirl is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to LilHinataGirl Send a message via Yahoo to LilHinataGirl Send a message via Skype™ to LilHinataGirl

We all know Dev is the class Pedo in this forum...
Everyone voted it
Fufufufufu lets tease Dev more

LHG

Old 01-23-2013, 07:46 PM   #367
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato
Aiding Kakashi, Yamato, & Iruka

Location: Konohagakure, with the people dearest to me. Aiding Kakashi on the battlefield and saving Yamato!
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Whoever tries to defend the bird must also be messed up in the head.

And.

I loathe snb.
It's probably reading this message now too.

Kakashi~

\ \ \ \
l\^ ^/l
Yamato~

, / \\
,\^^/
\\---// thnx Edyl
Iruka~

カカシ, ヤマト, イルカ! 愛してる~!
03-02, 13:09 The Immortal Watch Dog
You got Daph Rice, everyone got her
She's one of my psycho's
she's Cults banner girl
[1/7/2014 9:25:36 AM] Tuus Deus(CoP): I know Daph spends all her time staring at Kakashi pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cult of Personality
Kakashi pretending to get stabbed by Obito because he's such a nice guy and doesn't want Obito to feel about about sucking so much
Quote:
I would just like you to know that I am awesome.
Quote:
All days are Cult Day.
Quote:
I disagree. The best way to get rep from Daph is to be me.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:50 PM   #368
Devroux

Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha Sora View Post
Oh god it sounds like someone was defending eagles
No one was. No one would.
Quote:
I'm just going by your award....................Pedo >.>
Pervert. >.>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi Hatake_Yamato View Post
Whoever tries to defend the bird must also be messed up in the head.

And.

I loathe snb.
It's probably reading this message now too.
No one was. No one would.

Yeah, we get it. You complain constantly. -___-
χ Δ|✝ΣR

Old 01-23-2013, 07:52 PM   #369
Sagepain

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Pervert. >.>
Your obviously mixing me up with sagemaster........

Old 01-23-2013, 07:54 PM   #370
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato

Location: Konohagakure, with the people dearest to me. Aiding Kakashi on the battlefield and saving Yamato!
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Not constantly. Only when it's name is mentioned.
Or if I feel as if some member is it.

And no. Sagepain is no pervert.

Kakashi~

\ \ \ \
l\^ ^/l
Yamato~

, / \\
,\^^/
\\---// thnx Edyl
Iruka~

カカシ, ヤマト, イルカ! 愛してる~!
She's one of my psycho's
she's Cults banner girl
[1/7/2014 9:25:36 AM] Tuus Deus(CoP): I know Daph spends all her time staring at Kakashi pictures

Quote:
Kakashi pretending to get stabbed by Obito because he's such a nice guy and doesn't want Obito to feel about about sucking so much
Quote:
Quote:
All days are Cult Day.
Quote:
Old 01-23-2013, 07:56 PM   #371
Devroux

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Your obviously mixing me up with sagemaster........
He's a legitimate, over-the-top pervert. You're just fun to call one.
Quote:
Not constantly. Only when it's name is mentioned.
Or if I feel as if some member is it.

And no. Sagepain is no pervert.
...constantly.
χ Δ|✝ΣR

Old 01-23-2013, 09:01 PM   #372
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Unavoidable, to say the least. Everyone won't ever be pleased, but you can try to please most of them.
pretty much all anyone in charge of anything can do really.

thanks for going to the trouble of color tagging all your points by the way

Quote:
In a sense, yes, because these people could be so strongly convinced that, to them, it is reality. However, reality is still reality. What you see is not always what it is. But yes, I understand what you're trying to say. People are sometimes just stuck to their viewpoints.
and when you are beholden to those people the truth can take on a different shade was my point.

Quote:
Wait... What happened? I don't remember anything about Maik overriding anything. In reality, he really leaves most of the MotM decisions to me.
scuttlebut is he used his authority to override the decision which pissed everybody off.

don't know if this happened or not..seeing as Maiks the type of guy to stick to what he enjoys and venture nowhere else unless he absolutely has too I don't understand why he would get involved in that vipers nest..seems unlikely as hell that'd he'd waste time doing it..but rumors and all

Quote:

What's Operation Titanic?
Basically a larger scale version of what we went through last year has been happening on the OBD for years- with them wanting to hard delete the section. curtail the flaming, make it more PG/PG-13 demands for civility

the regs will have none of it because the staff usually defends the trolls and tensions got really high and it eventually came out the NF staff not only protects pedophiles but made an Admin out of someone who openly admitted to having sex with a ten year old and boot legs loliesque porn just to spite the OBD regs

combined with banning respected elder members and pushing them for a few years it boiled over...a group of OBD'ers hacked the mod section and essentially leaked every single conversation they had behind the scenes..showing all their profiteering off kiddy manga stuff..all the protecting of the pedos all the abuse

and basically said "either you back the hell off of the OBD or we'll rat you degenerates out to the FBI and raise so much hell over your other operations that the entire site will be shutdown (likely putting tens of thousands of users in hot water) and make sure you guys end up in prison"

it'd be the equivalent of Rice demoting TBC and adminning Eagles and Colorless just to spite the BG'ers then randomly banning posters and demanding we be civil all the time..and if Eagles PM's a minor rape fanfiction said minor and whoever reports it gets perm banned instead (and yeah this has happened on NF with a user named spartan) and a result a couple BG'ers deciding to go cyber vigilante on us staffers, only instead of reporting us directly to the feds they email viz corporate HQ and try and black mail them into letting the BG;'s do whatever they want.

considering some of the NF staff is legitimately insane and is guilty as sin of defending pedos..and letting them have a safe haven for their depraved actions..in their case the threats more or less worked.

with us it'd just result in laughter and then Viz pressing charges lol

but yeah TlDr: vs sections tend to produce an incredibly fierce culture one that isn't above taking matters into its own hands to force a change in something they don't like.

This hasn't and probably never will happen here..because we do things by flowing with the system to change it..as opposed to clashing with it.

Quote:
This section is comprised of fictional characters battling it out, but in order to debate one must know well the limits that the mangaka has given their creations. The other section isn't necessarily bias, but is built off of the understanding that opinions will clash and things must be discussed opinion to opinion.

The first time I tried entering the BGs, I was met with a neg rep and decided that people in here were assholes. But gaining my bearings on the site and in anime, I know that that's untrue. Thought the old is gone and the new is probably a lot nicer, I believe that I could still handle the old BGs as I am now.

I believe that saying that the BGs has a different image among people can be said by many, as quite a few users you'd normally never expect to come here are here now. Things have lightened up with the disappearance of older trolls, or at least people aren't so... clenched.
[
you got negged? well what type of post was it? the old was full of idiots too up until we booted a lot of them..then we kinda saw red when we should have realized it was likely just newb ignorance or something.

that may have been what happened to you. and the last part is indeed true

Quote:

I believe that I take people's feelings into consideration when doing my job, but I also know that that is minimalist. One must be conservative with how they warn and moderate, but it doesn't mean that you shouldn't hand out infractions because you don't want to make someone cry. I just believe that things, unemotionally, can be handled more delicately than verbally slapping people around. You don't have to be respectful, but you don't have to be disrespectful either, you know?

That's not to say there are a fair share of users you just can't hold back on. I know I've gone off on PoP a couple times just because he's a bit dense. However, I still know that things can be handled better to a certain extent.
see to me it depends, I think being courteous is a boon and it certainly is a nice luxury to have. That I do believe in being nice first and patient, but when a certain point is passed then all bets are off as long as its not outright flaming.

Quote:

I try. Sometimes it's hard, but I try to keep it cool.
PoP can be one of those guys who makes otherwise nice people flip..I've never seen you flip

Quote:
Don't be courteous. Don't coddle someone like that. That's not the point I'm trying to express. As I said above, you don't need to be respectful, but you shouldn't go out of your way to be disrespectful.

Instead of giving him the verbal warning, you littered a decent thread with images of eagles, obviously mocking the user into submission. Not only that, but the abuse of power went further when you got off with a congratulations after he was warned for swearing. You flamed, you baited, and were congratulated. That's not something I'd let happen.
of course I was, I did it to a pedophile, if I had done it to bracket Shikamaru's latest dupe instead, or to SB or SnS I'd have been taken out back and shot for being that blatantly abusive and rightly so.

Eagles is so far gone his presence causes such outrage and he's dangerous enough that a little bit of slack can be given. One of the few exceptions to the norm

I don't expect to have the same reaction if I did it to a random dupe as I'd of been clearly crossing a line.
Quote:
I don't know who SnS is or what he's done, but I thought SNB (senseinobulge) was a completely different user. He harmlessly goes after Kakashi, but Daph flies off the handle at every mention.
\oh I thought you mispronounced it

yeah that guys an idiot too but he isn't one that I'd image spam he's not worth the risk or the mockery. He can be handled differently.

Quote:
It started off well then, but mocking him wasn't necessarily the way to go. Honestly, it was an immature route to take when you could have simply stated a verbal, IWD warning.
well I could have, done that but it probably would have been long winded and very disrespectful
Quote:

Sage! stop witch hunting Dev!

Quote:
Who could hate Whitebeard? He's the greatest thing to hit manga since... Whitebeard.
Uchiha fans..they really have a mad hateboner for him for some reason

Quote:

We should get another thread for it going. One that won't be damaged with eagles. D:<
be my guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilHinataGirl View Post
Your welcome and thank you for the welcome + Fairie notifying me <3
how do you like this place so far?

Old 01-23-2013, 09:10 PM   #373
Sagepain

Awards Showcase

Its not my fault he got the Pedo award!

Old 01-23-2013, 09:20 PM   #374
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato

Awards Showcase

If it were constantly. I would be shouting it every single second of my time. Which I don't.

Kakashi~

\ \ \ \
l\^ ^/l
Yamato~

, / \\
,\^^/
\\---// thnx Edyl
Iruka~

カカシ, ヤマト, イルカ! 愛してる~!
She's one of my psycho's
she's Cults banner girl

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
All days are Cult Day.
Quote:
Old 01-23-2013, 10:23 PM   #375
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Dev vs Daph

Old 01-23-2013, 10:38 PM   #376
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato

Awards Showcase

Spoiler:
GRIZZLY MAGNUM! to the crotch

Kakashi~

\ \ \ \
l\^ ^/l
Yamato~

, / \\
,\^^/
\\---// thnx Edyl
Iruka~

カカシ, ヤマト, イルカ! 愛してる~!
She's one of my psycho's
she's Cults banner girl

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
All days are Cult Day.
Quote:
Old 01-23-2013, 10:47 PM   #377
Devroux

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Immortal Watch Dog View Post
pretty much all anyone in charge of anything can do really.

thanks for going to the trouble of color tagging all your points by the way

and when you are beholden to those people the truth can take on a different shade was my point.
True dat.

Quote:
scuttlebut is he used his authority to override the decision which pissed everybody off.

don't know if this happened or not..seeing as Maiks the type of guy to stick to what he enjoys and venture nowhere else unless he absolutely has too I don't understand why he would get involved in that vipers nest..seems unlikely as hell that'd he'd waste time doing it..but rumors and all
Maik isn't the kind of guy to involve himself with petty things like that and I'm pretty sure he doesn't care about MotM enough to use his power to override the situation. I don't know if you meant legitimately using his power or verbally, so I checked the edit history on November's voting and all I can see is that he edits spelling errors that I made when I rushed to put out the thread. Besides that first day, there was no more poll editing. I'd go as far as to screenshot that if need be, so you can pretty much settle on that rumor being BS, at least physically.

Quote:
Basically a larger scale version of what we went through last year has been happening on the OBD for years- with them wanting to hard delete the section. curtail the flaming, make it more PG/PG-13 demands for civility

the regs will have none of it because the staff usually defends the trolls and tensions got really high and it eventually came out the NF staff not only protects pedophiles but made an Admin out of someone who openly admitted to having sex with a ten year old and boot legs loliesque porn just to spite the OBD regs

combined with banning respected elder members and pushing them for a few years it boiled over...a group of OBD'ers hacked the mod section and essentially leaked every single conversation they had behind the scenes..showing all their profiteering off kiddy manga stuff..all the protecting of the pedos all the abuse

and basically said "either you back the hell off of the OBD or we'll rat you degenerates out to the FBI and raise so much hell over your other operations that the entire site will be shutdown (likely putting tens of thousands of users in hot water) and make sure you guys end up in prison"

it'd be the equivalent of Rice demoting TBC and adminning Eagles and Colorless just to spite the BG'ers then randomly banning posters and demanding we be civil all the time..and if Eagles PM's a minor rape fanfiction said minor and whoever reports it gets perm banned instead (and yeah this has happened on NF with a user named spartan) and a result a couple BG'ers deciding to go cyber vigilante on us staffers, only instead of reporting us directly to the feds they email viz corporate HQ and try and black mail them into letting the BG;'s do whatever they want.

considering some of the NF staff is legitimately insane and is guilty as sin of defending pedos..and letting them have a safe haven for their depraved actions..in their case the threats more or less worked.

with us it'd just result in laughter and then Viz pressing charges lol

but yeah TlDr: vs sections tend to produce an incredibly fierce culture one that isn't above taking matters into its own hands to force a change in something they don't like.

This hasn't and probably never will happen here..because we do things by flowing with the system to change it..as opposed to clashing with it.
Oh joy. The internet truly is a wonderful place.

It's scary knowing what some people are capable of, so I'm glad it was them and not us. But really, good for them in the sense that they're sticking it to corrupt higher ups. That's the right of the people.

Quote:
you got negged? well what type of post was it? the old was full of idiots too up until we booted a lot of them..then we kinda saw red when we should have realized it was likely just newb ignorance or something.

that may have been what happened to you. and the last part is indeed true
"some OBDer" was the comment. ;_; As it was my first time in here and it's been awhile since then, I can only guess that it wasn't up to par with how I speak now. Probably a poor post in general. But still! I was new! Bastards!

Quote:
see to me it depends, I think being courteous is a boon and it certainly is a nice luxury to have. That I do believe in being nice first and patient, but when a certain point is passed then all bets are off as long as its not outright flaming.
Meh. Screw being nice. Just be patient and that'll work out best for everyone involved. Less aggravation.

Quote:
PoP can be one of those guys who makes otherwise nice people flip..I've never seen you flip
During the GNCE he pissed me off greatly quite a few times, as did Daph. Some things just irk me, PoP being one of them.

Quote:
of course I was, I did it to a pedophile, if I had done it to bracket Shikamaru's latest dupe instead, or to SB or SnS I'd have been taken out back and shot for being that blatantly abusive and rightly so.

Eagles is so far gone his presence causes such outrage and he's dangerous enough that a little bit of slack can be given. One of the few exceptions to the norm

I don't expect to have the same reaction if I did it to a random dupe as I'd of been clearly crossing a line.

\oh I thought you mispronounced it

yeah that guys an idiot too but he isn't one that I'd image spam he's not worth the risk or the mockery. He can be handled differently.

well I could have, done that but it probably would have been long winded and very disrespectful
Long winded, disrespectful words > image spamming a decent thread. It's far more respect deserving.

Quote:
Sage! stop witch hunting Dev!
My hero~ <3

Quote:
Uchiha fans..they really have a mad hateboner for him for some reason
Because the Uchiha pale in comparison to his mighty awesomeness. When you have a favorite that is obviously not as good as another comparison, you should definitely get a hateboner on.

Quote:
If it were constantly. I would be shouting it every single second of my time. Which I don't.
SNB, Kakashi, Iruka, and Yamato are like the only words I ever see coming from you.
χ Δ|✝ΣR

Old 01-23-2013, 10:52 PM   #378
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato

Awards Showcase

Scratch snb
and replace it with hummus.

Kakashi~

\ \ \ \
l\^ ^/l
Yamato~

, / \\
,\^^/
\\---// thnx Edyl
Iruka~

カカシ, ヤマト, イルカ! 愛してる~!
She's one of my psycho's
she's Cults banner girl

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
All days are Cult Day.
Quote:
Old 01-23-2013, 10:53 PM   #379
Devroux

Awards Showcase

Hummus is more the sound your drool makes when it gurgles through the aforementioned words.
χ Δ|✝ΣR

Old 01-24-2013, 09:55 AM   #380
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote:

Maik isn't the kind of guy to involve himself with petty things like that and I'm pretty sure he doesn't care about MotM enough to use his power to override the situation. I don't know if you meant legitimately using his power or verbally, so I checked the edit history on November's voting and all I can see is that he edits spelling errors that I made when I rushed to put out the thread. Besides that first day, there was no more poll editing. I'd go as far as to screenshot that if need be, so you can pretty much settle on that rumor being BS, at least physically.
I don't personally need a screen cap of that, Meiks off in his rpgs and that's that. He's kinda like me in that regard

Quote:
Oh joy. The internet truly is a wonderful place.

It's scary knowing what some people are capable of, so I'm glad it was them and not us. But really, good for them in the sense that they're sticking it to corrupt higher ups. That's the right of the people.
There are good moderators on that site, the problem is they are a minority and they don't communicate or coordinate with each other..then you have Tazmo the head boss being a recluse who's so paranoid he turned control of the admin CP over to his best buddy who is a crazy recluse who hasn't posted in six years

the sites absent its super admins basically..and their regular Admins are all half retired and lurking(one of them who took on Eagles went like three years without posting and sorta just sleepily stumbled onto him basically)..and the only truly active ones are well a pedo..and a nutcase who thinks being polite is morally superior to not raping kids and somehow ended up subservient to the damn S mods who seem to run the show (oh wait..one is dating an Admin and the rest are a faction that supports the pedo or something)

its a nightmare basically the people in charge don't care as long as the money comes and haven't interacted on the site in ages nobody talks to anybody and the S mods run it like its their own little kingdom..the only reason why that forum hasn't been torn down by the user base in protest is because they seem to have a strong sense of camaraderie with themselves and wouldn't wanna do anything that would potentially harm the userbase

all it would take is for someone to get too tired of that crap though

then again that might appeal to you and Shika..if the Quasi's were all beholden to you guys and you mid level staffers ran the forum like some kind of board walk empire expy kidding

Quote:
"some OBDer" was the comment. ;_; As it was my first time in here and it's been awhile since then, I can only guess that it wasn't up to par with how I speak now. Probably a poor post in general. But still! I was new! Bastards!
sometimes we go a little too far with newbs that's true

Quote:
During the GNCE he pissed me off greatly quite a few times, as did Daph. Some things just irk me, PoP being one of them.
I've tried to explain it to POP that he tends to piss people off so much that one day it'll end with someone deciding "screw it" and then he wont be here any more..he doesn't seem to understand that

guys latest post in the Bg essentially amounted to him saying "Jiraiya uses the elementary school tactic of turning his back to Tsunade and mumbling his jutsu's really quietly and then totally catching her off guard"

he's not a bad kid, I like his spirit and his zeal but like I've said before he's got the IQ of an old shoe
Quote:
Long winded, disrespectful words > image spamming a decent thread. It's far more respect deserving.
wouldn't the result have been the same though? I mean my speeches can intimidate the hell out of people but Eagles is the type of guy that has a mental compulsion to respond..
Quote:

Because the Uchiha pale in comparison to his mighty awesomeness. When you have a favorite that is obviously not as good as another comparison, you should definitely get a hateboner on.
they try to claim they are morally superior every now and then to WB the ultimate role model and father figure for the worlds orphans

I laugh

Closed Thread

Tags
the trs is cool club