Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Character Talk

Naruto Character Talk Who do you love? Who do you love to hate? Discuss your fave Naruto characters here.

View Poll Results: out of these two characters who had a worser childhood?
kimimaru 8 25.81%
Gaara 23 74.19%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-21-2013, 11:28 PM   #241
InnerSakura
Special Jonin Candidate

InnerSakura strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.InnerSakura strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.InnerSakura strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.InnerSakura strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.InnerSakura strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.InnerSakura strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.InnerSakura strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.InnerSakura strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.InnerSakura strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.InnerSakura strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.InnerSakura strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.InnerSakura strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.InnerSakura strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.
Default Re: Most tragic naruto character childhood?

And by the way, when Yashamaru told Gaara about love it wasnt a happy moment. Gaara was confused about what love even was because he had never felt it before. Yashamaru told him that it was the only way for him to get rid of the pain in his heart. He explained to him that it was kind of like medicine. Then Yashamaru gave him wound ointment to take to the girl he injured. Gaara was just a little happy at that moment, but then he was called a monster and the girl slammed the door in his face. How was that happy? Every time Gaara thought someone loved him, they would betray him. He was never happy.

Sakura <3's Aeo

CHAAA!!!!!

Last edited by InnerSakura; 01-21-2013 at 11:40 PM.
InnerSakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:39 PM   #242
InnerSakura
Special Jonin Candidate

InnerSakura strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.InnerSakura strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.InnerSakura strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.InnerSakura strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.InnerSakura strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.InnerSakura strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.InnerSakura strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.InnerSakura strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.InnerSakura strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.InnerSakura strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.InnerSakura strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.InnerSakura strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.InnerSakura strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.

Peace, let me just ask you this. I am only arguing with you because of one reason. I have watched every character's story. Kimimaro's was the first one I ever watched. But Gaara's story was the one that made me feel something. Do you even feel anything for Kimimaro? Truthfully? I am now not as emotionally stable as I used to be (and no im not saying I'm crazy) and I feel for Gaara. Truthfully. His character means something to me. I will not let anyone try to argue with me about his past if they dont feel the same way as I do. I figured that you probably have an emotional connection to Kimimaro. If not, then we are not going to argue about this any more. Its very personal to me. Kimimaro's past had nowhere near the impact on me that Gaara's did. And I refuse to argue with you if you do not understand.

Sakura <3's Aeo

CHAAA!!!!!

Last edited by InnerSakura; 01-21-2013 at 11:45 PM.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:41 AM   #243
PrinceofPeace
Banned

PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

It was not Saskue's choice to become the vessel. Saskue was willing to be his vessel in the name to kill Itachi. But since oro was weak and Saskue no longer needed Oro Saskue decided to kill him. If Kimmi defeated his foes he could have brought Saskue successfully back to Oro and Oro would still be alive. He died for nothign cuz he FAILED his mission. He could not fullfill his purpose.. HE MESSED UP! He did not protect Oro from the third and Kimmi could not be used as his vessel. Kimmi was bedridden for a long time unable to help anyone.

Overall. His purpose was to protect Oro.... Kimmi was sick and bedridden and could no longer protect him. Oro's arms were sealed and his vessel was neither Saskue nor Kimmi

Which is what Kimmi did as well. He showed emotion less than Garra did.

Yes Kimmi was "saved" under a person who he THOUGHT cared for him. Garra was SAVED by Naruto. Garra could relate to Naruto's pain. Kimmi could not relate to Oro. Kimmi was just desperate. I mean come one which would woul YOU rather be saved by??

Last edited by PrinceofPeace; 01-22-2013 at 10:08 AM.
PrinceofPeace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:14 AM   #244
PrinceofPeace
Banned

PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InnerSakura View Post
And by the way, when Yashamaru told Gaara about love it wasnt a happy moment.
I would say confusing/understanding. Garra did smile and he got a better understanding of pain. Garra found out that his mother cared for him as well. Garra was so happy after the talk that we went to give meds to someone who he hurt.
Gaara was confused about what love even was because he had never felt it before.
At least Gara was taught and had a better understanding while Kimmi did not
Yashamaru told him that it was the only way for him to get rid of the pain in his heart. He explained to him that it was kind of like medicine. Then Yashamaru gave him wound ointment to take to the girl he injured. Gaara was just a little happy at that moment, but then he was called a monster and the girl slammed the door in his face. How was that happy? Every time Gaara thought someone loved him, they would betray him. He was never happy.
lol at what you said in bold. First happy then you said he was never happy?? Well Garra has been happier more than Kimmi has.
You still did not list the good things that happened to Kimmi

Also While Garra was being taught what pain/love was Kimmi was being experimented on gaining the CS.... which is not a pleasant experience
Old 01-22-2013, 10:22 AM   #245
PrinceofPeace
Banned

Quote:
Peace, let me just ask you this. I am only arguing with you because of one reason. I have watched every character's story.
samez
Kimimaro's was the first one I ever watched. But Gaara's story was the one that made me feel something.
that's cuz Garra had more screen time
Do you even feel anything for Kimimaro? Truthfully?
Yes the jail cell scene made me go insane. I could not bear it idk what I would do. I loved how hard Kimmi fought EVEN IN A DISEASE STATE! But the WORST part was when Oro did not even care when he died. Kimmi did not die happy. He was angry.
I am now not as emotionally stable as I used to be (and no im not saying I'm crazy) and I feel for Gaara. Truthfully. His character means something to me.
same for Kimmi and I which is why I go so hard for him
I will not let anyone try to argue with me about his past if they dont feel the same way as I do. I figured that you probably have an emotional connection to Kimimaro. If not, then we are not going to argue about this any more. Its very personal to me. Kimimaro's past had nowhere near the impact on me that Gaara's did. And I refuse to argue with you if you do not understand.

Kimmi I will alwas suppport you
Old 01-22-2013, 10:48 AM   #246
Rouge Uchiha18
Special Jonin Candidate

Rouge Uchiha18 just might be Kage someday.
Rouge Uchiha18 just might be Kage someday.Rouge Uchiha18 just might be Kage someday.Rouge Uchiha18 just might be Kage someday.Rouge Uchiha18 just might be Kage someday.Rouge Uchiha18 just might be Kage someday.Rouge Uchiha18 just might be Kage someday.Rouge Uchiha18 just might be Kage someday.Rouge Uchiha18 just might be Kage someday.Rouge Uchiha18 just might be Kage someday.Rouge Uchiha18 just might be Kage someday.
Send a message via Skype™ to Rouge Uchiha18

peace the way you defend kimmimaro it sounds like your a fangirl he didnt have enough of a background story or screen time to just love him the way you would with gaara
:::::::.:::::::
:::::::::::::::
':::::::::::::'
':::::::::'
':::::'
':'
Rouge Uchiha18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:00 AM   #247
PrinceofPeace
Banned

huh? How does thtat make me a fan-gurl especially by my last comment. Werent you the one or someone else said that they would support them no matter what and that I could not change their minds??

idk/idc
Old 01-22-2013, 11:15 AM   #248
Rouge Uchiha18
Special Jonin Candidate

Rouge Uchiha18 just might be Kage someday.
Rouge Uchiha18 just might be Kage someday.Rouge Uchiha18 just might be Kage someday.Rouge Uchiha18 just might be Kage someday.Rouge Uchiha18 just might be Kage someday.Rouge Uchiha18 just might be Kage someday.Rouge Uchiha18 just might be Kage someday.Rouge Uchiha18 just might be Kage someday.Rouge Uchiha18 just might be Kage someday.Rouge Uchiha18 just might be Kage someday.Rouge Uchiha18 just might be Kage someday.
Send a message via Skype™ to Rouge Uchiha18

no that was inner sakura
:::::::.:::::::
:::::::::::::::
':::::::::::::'
':::::::::'
':::::'
':'
Rouge Uchiha18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:26 AM   #249
PrinceofPeace
Banned

good thing I said someone cuz I would feel like an A$$

but no fan BOY here
Old 01-22-2013, 03:40 PM   #250
InnerSakura
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceofPeace View Post
It was not Saskue's choice to become the vessel. Saskue was willing to be his vessel in the name to kill Itachi. But since oro was weak and Saskue no longer needed Oro Saskue decided to kill him. If Kimmi defeated his foes he could have brought Saskue successfully back to Oro and Oro would still be alive. He died for nothign cuz he FAILED his mission. He could not fullfill his purpose.. HE MESSED UP! He did not protect Oro from the third and Kimmi could not be used as his vessel. Kimmi was bedridden for a long time unable to help anyone.

Overall. His purpose was to protect Oro.... Kimmi was sick and bedridden and could no longer protect him. Oro's arms were sealed and his vessel was neither Saskue nor Kimmi

Which is what Kimmi did as well. He showed emotion less than Garra did.

Yes Kimmi was "saved" under a person who he THOUGHT cared for him. Garra was SAVED by Naruto. Garra could relate to Naruto's pain. Kimmi could not relate to Oro. Kimmi was just desperate. I mean come one which would woul YOU rather be saved by??
Sorry for the spoiler, but Orochimaru IS alive. So therefor Kimimaro did not fail.
And no Kimimaro did not show less emotion than Gaara. I think Gaara and Kimi are both equal in how much emotion they showed.
And also, it doesnt matter that Kimimaro's only companion was Orochimaru. Gaara even said "the companionship of even an evil person, is preferable to lonliness." At first, Gaara thought that Kimimaro was just some useless pawn that had been used by Orochimaru. But after seeing how hard he fought for him, he realized that Kimimaro honored and revered Orochimaru. He then realized that even if you only have an evil person for a companion, its better than being alone. So therefor, Kimimaro was NOT alone after he met Orochimaru.

Sakura <3's Aeo

CHAAA!!!!!

Old 01-22-2013, 03:53 PM   #251
InnerSakura
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
You still did not list the good things that happened to Kimmi

Also While Garra was being taught what pain/love was Kimmi was being experimented on gaining the CS.... which is not a pleasant experience
Good in Kimi's life:

1. Was freed from jail.
2. Was found by Orochimaru, and was no longer alone.
3. Recieved the curse mark from Orochimaru (Kimimaro did not think of that as an unpleasant experience. He thought that he could become a part of Orochimaru with the curse mark. So he didnt care that he had it. Not to mention it made him even more powerful.)
4. Had atleast one friend in Orochimaru's hideout. Juugo.

Sakura <3's Aeo

CHAAA!!!!!

Old 01-22-2013, 03:56 PM   #252
InnerSakura
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:

Kimmi I will alwas suppport you
I admire your dedication to Kimi. And I am not trying to say anything bad about him in any way. I like Kimimaro very much.

Sakura <3's Aeo

CHAAA!!!!!

Old 01-22-2013, 04:02 PM   #253
PrinceofPeace
Banned

Quote:
Good in Kimi's life:

1. Was freed from jail.
only to fight! He was literally used as a weapon. He was not freed he was released for a moment to kill. If his whole clan did not die he would have gone right back.
2. Was found by Orochimaru, and was no longer alone.
I will give you that (1pt)
3. Recieved the curse mark from Orochimaru (Kimimaro did not think of that as an unpleasant experience. He thought that he could become a part of Orochimaru with the curse mark. So he didnt care that he had it. Not to mention it made him even more powerful.)
True but as seen though Saskue gaining it is painful. I give you a this as well (1pt)
4. Had atleast one friend in Orochimaru's hideout. Juugo
I would use the term "friend" VERY losely. Juugo and Kimmi barely hung out. and when they did Juugo would try to kill him. Kimmi's job was to restrain him. It was not like a connection that
Garra had with Naruto
or
Garra had with siblings
or
Garra had with his uncle
Don't ya see? Kimmi barley had good things about his childhood. While I made a whole list of how much good happened to Garra
Old 01-22-2013, 04:06 PM   #254
InnerSakura
Special Jonin Candidate

lol at what you said in bold. First happy then you said he was never happy?? Well Garra has been happier more than Kimmi has.

And about this statement:
I am not trying to contradict myself when I say he was not happy. What i am trying to say is, every time he felt any sort of happiness he was always heartbroken right afterwards. (Like when he tried to give the little girl wound ointmet.)
So what I am trying to say is that he was never TRUELY happy. How can you be truely happy about anything if every good deed you try to do is ignored or rejected by those around you?

Sakura <3's Aeo

CHAAA!!!!!

Old 01-22-2013, 04:08 PM   #255
InnerSakura
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Don't ya see? Kimmi barley had good things about his childhood. While I made a whole list of how much good happened to Garra
But that is a fair list given how much screen time Kimi got. He didnt get anywhere near the amount of screentime Gaara did, as you said. If Kishi would have shown us more of his past, Im sure he would have had more happier moments. But you cant deny that those things were significant, despite it being a short list.
And it doesnt matter that he only got out of jail just to fight. Gaara had to fight constantly his entire life. Gaara was used as a weapon too. All shinobi are basically weapons for their countries. Same with military men/women in real life. But atleast Kimimaro was freed from jail. No matter for what reason.

Sakura <3's Aeo

CHAAA!!!!!

Last edited by InnerSakura; 01-22-2013 at 04:15 PM.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:11 PM   #256
PrinceofPeace
Banned

Quote:
Sorry for the spoiler, but Orochimaru IS alive.
NOW HE IS. But there were other goals than that
-Kimmi failed to protect Oro during Konoha invasion (as a result Oro's arms were sealed)
-Kimmi failed to be a vessel for Oro (as a result Oro had to use a weaker body he almost died in)
-Kimmi failed to briing back Saskue in time to be used as a vessel (As a result Saskue got stronger and killed Oro and Oro STILL does not have Saskue's bod)
3 strikes YOUR OUT
So therefor Kimimaro did not fail.
Well he failed more than succeeded
And no Kimimaro did not show less emotion than Gaara. I think Gaara and Kimi are both equal in how much emotion they showed.
you found Kimi to smile once while I found multi emotions from Garra
-Garra smiled with his uncle
/Garra showed confusion after his uncle had the Pain/love speech
-Garra showed insanity in bijju forms
-Garra showed fear when he saw blood
-Garra showed tears of saddness
e.t.c

Kimmi only showed a smile after being saved and anger when he almost killed Gara. other than that he had the same mild emotion
And also, it doesnt matter that Kimimaro's only companion was Orochimaru. Gaara even said "the companionship of even an evil person, is preferable to lonliness."
but atm Garra was not lonely cuz he had his siblings
At first, Gaara thought that Kimimaro was just some useless pawn that had been used by Orochimaru. But after seeing how hard he fought for him, he realized that Kimimaro honored and revered Orochimaru. He then realized that even if you only have an evil person for a companion, its better than being alone.
Besides eventually Garra gains respect and love and gives it as well. he even helped taught that Gennin from the sand (in anime)
So therefor, Kimimaro was NOT alone after he met Orochimaru.
Garra can not talk he had his uncle and his mother (secretively) and his bro n sis
Old 01-22-2013, 04:12 PM   #257
PrinceofPeace
Banned

Quote:

And about this statement:
I am not trying to contradict myself when I say he was not happy. What i am trying to say is, every time he felt any sort of happiness he was always heartbroken right afterwards. (Like when he tried to give the little girl wound ointmet.)
what about after he became hokage? Or when Naruto saved him? There was no despair afterwards
So what I am trying to say is that he was never TRUELY happy. How can you be truely happy about anything if every good deed you try to do is ignored or rejected by those around you?
and you think Kimmi was TRUELY happy?
Old 01-22-2013, 04:14 PM   #258
PrinceofPeace
Banned

Quote:
But that is a fair list given how much screen time Kimi got. He didnt get anywhere near the amount of screentime Gaara did, as you said. If Kishi would have shown us more of his past, Im sure he would have had more happier moments. But you cant deny that those things were significant, despite it being a short list.
what good moments could have possibly happened?
-goes with Oro
-finds Juugo and tames him
-gains CS
-leads S4 (who do not like him)
-gets sick
-cant be Oro's vessel
-bed ridden
-goes out to fight Garra
-dies
-reanimated

Where could there have been good times. ANyway we can not assume with or without anime features. There was no time for good
Old 01-22-2013, 04:36 PM   #259
InnerSakura
Special Jonin Candidate

NOW HE IS. But there were other goals than that
-Kimmi failed to protect Oro during Konoha invasion (as a result Oro's arms were sealed)
-Kimmi failed to be a vessel for Oro (as a result Oro had to use a weaker body he almost died in)
-Kimmi failed to briing back Saskue in time to be used as a vessel (As a result Saskue got stronger and killed Oro and Oro STILL does not have Saskue's bod)
3 strikes YOUR OUT
I dont see how exactly that Im "out".
Kimimaro did retrieve Sasuke successfully. Sasuke made it to Orochimaru. And Orochimaru had plenty of time to transfer to Sasuke's body. Kimimaro made a definite success right there. And Orochimaru is still travelling with Sasuke at this very moment. All thanks to Kimi.

And Kimimaro did not fail to protect Orochimaru during the Konoha invasion. Orochimaru did not die and so Kimimaro succeeded. And besides. Kimimaro was not even present during the Konoha invasion. So what happened cannot be considered his fault anyway. Not to mention it was only thanks to Kimimaro that the invasion even worked in the first place. If Kimimaro hadnt helped kill the yondaime kazekage the invasion couldnt have happened to begin with. So Kimimaro did his job successfully.

And even if kimimaro couldnt become a vessel for Orochimaru he still served him for years. He completed many tasks for Orochimaru that outweighs one little insignificant failure at becoming a vessel.

Sakura <3's Aeo

CHAAA!!!!!

Last edited by InnerSakura; 01-22-2013 at 04:48 PM.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:42 PM   #260
InnerSakura
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Garra can not talk he had his uncle and his mother (secretively) and his bro n sis
Yes but his uncle and his mother were not present in his life during all those years he suffered alone. They were dead. And Gaara could not rely on his siblings either. He had to walk his own path for most of his entire life.
But Kimimaro was not alone and did not have have to walk his path alone.
He had the sound four and he had Orochimaru to fight for.

Sakura <3's Aeo

CHAAA!!!!!