Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Games

Naruto Games We're all about games in this section -- all Naruto games, that is.

View Poll Results: Are you ready for Ultimate Ninja Storm 3?
Yes 234 91.05%
No 23 8.95%
Voters: 257. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 06:22 PM   #7001
Uchiha Sora
Has a Keyblade

Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.
Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: The Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Discussion Thread.

^i'm hoping we get the free battle demo. We probably won't. But Still.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:34 PM   #7002
Nagamaraji
Freshmen Academy Student

Nagamaraji is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I would luv to have a Demo with Hack n Slay (though its really something new) with a little bit bossfight. Fight against the Seven Swordsmen would suit well.
but i think thats a small chance.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:40 PM   #7003
SHAMEFULLSHINOBI
Special Jonin Candidate

SHAMEFULLSHINOBI is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.SHAMEFULLSHINOBI is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.SHAMEFULLSHINOBI is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.SHAMEFULLSHINOBI is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

I agree with both of you ...something new tossed in would be nice like a preview of the hack n slash then a vs battle then a boss battle ...The chances on what I said is the slimmest ha haaaaaaa anyhow its worth a shot right ....*hears crickets*

Thank you Jesus!
to God be the glory forever and ever !!!!

神是真實的,請 閱讀聖經
성경을 읽고 하나님은 실제입니다.

神は本物だと聖書を読んでください

"ninja art" "patience"......................."sound fx"
nimpou nintai no jutsu ! ホモ
Old 01-13-2013, 06:46 PM   #7004
ElementKnight
Chunin Exam Proctor

ElementKnight has completed a tough C-rank mission!ElementKnight has completed a tough C-rank mission!

I have been thinking of things that could benefit this game, I think CC2 should add more diversity but just to the point in which the characters feel "themselves".

For example I think Kisame Neji, and Hinata should have chakra depletion capabilities without the need of Awakening, but make it so that the chakra depleted is miniscule but enough so that after a while you will notice. Their whole combo shouldn't do this but only certain parts of the combo.

For long ranged characters, They should be given one full close ranged combo instead of the short 3/4 hit ones that they do now. And at the beginning of each of their combos they should have a slightly longer animation of them preparing their combo. (for example Tenten's animation would be her grabbing her scroll but will take a second to do so, and for Deidara's he would dig his hands in his pouches to grab clay.) They should have more priority over regular shuriken and regular air dashes and their hit-stuns should be longer. (this have nothing to do with this but in my opinion I think they should make Temari's burst's of air bigger) Also they should deal normal combo damage.

For Close ranged characters,they should deal slightly different amounts of damage. I also think that if the character has weapons or does something during their combo's (for example Sai with his ink animals and kakashi with his kunai) Those specific sections should deal more damage than regular punches and kicks. Also for characters like Tsunade, Sakura, and Choji now that it is easy to sub, their combo's should have the awakening screen vibration to make their attacks seem more deadly, and they should also deal more damage than normal characters.

I think that Close ranged characters should also have one long ranged combo, for characters that don't use shuriken in the show should do something else. (similar to pts tenten and kimimaro) To make this not so spammable they should also have animations at the beginning of their long ranged combo, but it should be slightly longer than the Long ranged character animations. (for example Sai, he should summons his small ink birds and at the end make a giant ink bird, and his animation would be him pulling his scroll out and drawing a line. Also Naruto's would be him digging in the pouch he has on the side of his leg and then throwing some shuriken and at the end of his combo he would quickly make a clone that transforms into a demon wind shuriken.)

What small details would you like added to a game like this?
Old 01-13-2013, 06:51 PM   #7005
Deno13
Genin Elite

Deno13 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Deno13 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Deno13 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Deno13 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Wait a manga will be released tomorrow
Old 01-13-2013, 06:53 PM   #7006
PositiveEmotions
Chunin

PositiveEmotions is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.PositiveEmotions is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.PositiveEmotions is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.PositiveEmotions is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Nope wed i want a cookie
Old 01-13-2013, 06:55 PM   #7007
ElementKnight
Chunin Exam Proctor

ElementKnight has completed a tough C-rank mission!ElementKnight has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deno13 View Post
Wait a manga will be released tomorrow
It should come out Wednesday or Thursday, but it is possible that it may come tomorrow, usually when there is a long break the next chapters come out early.

But I wouldn't hold my breath for it.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:56 PM   #7008
Roxas Nohara
Ninja Academy Student

Roxas Nohara is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Hey everyone, I don't know if any of you have looked closely at the features on the Special Edition on the actual Namco Bandai site, but this is what I just found:

Authentic Naruto Experience - Play through the anime-driven story mode and relive the most recent events of the animated series with a degree of faithfulness never-before-seen.

So that basically confirms that the game will follow the anime and not the manga, even though CC2 has said it will follow more manga than anime...so all those keeping their hopes up for the following battles:
Spoiler:
Madara Vs. Kage, Rinnegan Tobi Vs. Naruto and Bee, and Madara Vs. Naruto and Bee/ Obito vs. Kakashi and Guy
...It just got a little harder to hope :/
Old 01-13-2013, 07:02 PM   #7009
Kibanaru lover
Special Jonin Candidate

Kibanaru lover has completed a tough C-rank mission!Kibanaru lover has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElementKnight View Post
I have been thinking of things that could benefit this game, I think CC2 should add more diversity but just to the point in which the characters feel "themselves".

For example I think Kisame Neji, and Hinata should have chakra depletion capabilities without the need of Awakening, but make it so that the chakra depleted is miniscule but enough so that after a while you will notice. Their whole combo shouldn't do this but only certain parts of the combo.

For long ranged characters, They should be given one full close ranged combo instead of the short 3/4 hit ones that they do now. And at the beginning of each of their combos they should have a slightly longer animation of them preparing their combo. (for example Tenten's animation would be her grabbing her scroll but will take a second to do so, and for Deidara's he would dig his hands in his pouches to grab clay.) They should have more priority over regular shuriken and regular air dashes and their hit-stuns should be longer. (this have nothing to do with this but in my opinion I think they should make Temari's burst's of air bigger) Also they should deal normal combo damage.

For Close ranged characters,they should deal slightly different amounts of damage. I also think that if the character has weapons or does something during their combo's (for example Sai with his ink animals and kakashi with his kunai) Those specific sections should deal more damage than regular punches and kicks. Also for characters like Tsunade, Sakura, and Choji now that it is easy to sub, their combo's should have the awakening screen vibration to make their attacks seem more deadly, and they should also deal more damage than normal characters.

I think that Close ranged characters should also have one long ranged combo, for characters that don't use shuriken in the show should do something else. (similar to pts tenten and kimimaro) To make this not so spammable they should also have animations at the beginning of their long ranged combo, but it should be slightly longer than the Long ranged character animations. (for example Sai, he should summons his small ink birds and at the end make a giant ink bird, and his animation would be him pulling his scroll out and drawing a line. Also Naruto's would be him digging in the pouch he has on the side of his leg and then throwing some shuriken and at the end of his combo he would quickly make a clone that transforms into a demon wind shuriken.)

What small details would you like added to a game like this?
I know if I was ranged I wouldn't you a close ranged combo if it took to long to make cus I know the enemy would just be faster. I agree with they need to fix what shuriken beats what. Tenten demon wind bomb shouldn't be canceled by a normal shuriken. Also I hope remark awakening gets nerfed. Also for the chakra thing that mite be kinda op or useless. It also depends on if they can just awaken right away now

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Kibanaru lover; 01-13-2013 at 07:05 PM.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:21 PM   #7010
ElementKnight
Chunin Exam Proctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibanaru lover View Post
I know if I was ranged I wouldn't you a close ranged combo if it took to long to make cus I know the enemy would just be faster. I agree with they need to fix what shuriken beats what. Tenten demon wind bomb shouldn't be canceled by a normal shuriken. Also I hope remark awakening gets nerfed. Also for the chakra thing that mite be kinda op or useless. It also depends on if they can just awaken right away now
I mean the animation doesnt have to be long, I just would like to see them actually grab the item or whatever their using to combo lol. In my opinion I think most awakenings need to get nerfed lol, except for Giant awakenings (you may call me crazy but giant awakenings are useless lol, the moment they get caught in a combo it's not possible to escape considering if you substitute you just land right back in the combo.)

You know I actually forgot about the instant awakening thing lol, Neji and Hinata may have an instant awakening im not sure though but it's possible.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:14 PM   #7011
Kibanaru lover
Special Jonin Candidate

Kibanaru lover has completed a tough C-rank mission!Kibanaru lover has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElementKnight View Post
I mean the animation doesnt have to be long, I just would like to see them actually grab the item or whatever their using to combo lol. In my opinion I think most awakenings need to get nerfed lol, except for Giant awakenings (you may call me crazy but giant awakenings are useless lol, the moment they get caught in a combo it's not possible to escape considering if you substitute you just land right back in the combo.)

You know I actually forgot about the instant awakening thing lol, Neji and Hinata may have an instant awakening im not sure though but it's possible.
Yea I think they need to do less damage unless its like Sakura or tsunada awakening but I'm still hoping tsunada gets a healing one instead. A lot of jutsu are also kinda too strong when awaken they just go right threw guard. Hmmmmmm awakens are just too op but I ges having no supports kinda even it out mostly. Just single matches are harder. Oh and yea them actually reaching for there items would be nice

Old 01-13-2013, 08:24 PM   #7012
SHAMEFULLSHINOBI
Special Jonin Candidate

SHAMEFULLSHINOBI is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.SHAMEFULLSHINOBI is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.SHAMEFULLSHINOBI is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.SHAMEFULLSHINOBI is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Problem: I think front dashes are too easy to pull off. If you notice front dashes are just chakra + jump with no direction imput needed at all but to do a back dash you always need to find the back direction even as the camera changes on the fly. Front dashes are much simpler to do since they can be done from neutral button press and sometimes I even do them when I really want to back dash.

Solution: I think the front dashes need to have a directional input like the back dashes do to make it a bit more difficult in turn making it slightly more strategic and fair. Holding forward to the opponent while pressing the buttons should be front dash, while holding away should be the back dash.

Been saying this from storm 2!!!

Thank you Jesus!

神是真實的,請 閱讀聖經
성경을 읽고 하나님은 실제입니다.

神は本物だと聖書を読んでください

Last edited by SHAMEFULLSHINOBI; 01-13-2013 at 08:30 PM.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:30 PM   #7013
Sagepain
............... The Original Sage

Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Sagepain

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAMEFULLSHINOBI View Post
Problem: I think front dashes are too easy to pull off. If you notice front dashes are just chakra + jump with no direction imput needed at all but to do a back dash you always need to find the back direction even as the camera changes on the fly. Front dashes are much simpler to do since they can be done from neutral button press and sometimes I even do them when I really want to back dash.

Solution: I think the front dashes need to have a directional input like the back dashes do to make it more strategic and fair. Holding forward to the opponent while pressing the buttons should be front dash, while holding away should be the back dash.

Been saying this from storm 2!!!
Would be good, and too add on maybe a Neural chakra+ jump combination would activate a super jump akin to the Marvel vs Capcom games?

It would help to dodge some of the op jutsu's like Masked mans.

Old 01-13-2013, 08:41 PM   #7014
SHAMEFULLSHINOBI
Special Jonin Candidate

Thumbs up Re: The Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Discussion Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagepain View Post
Would be good, and too add on maybe a Neural chakra+ jump combination would activate a super jump akin to the Marvel vs Capcom games?

It would help to dodge some of the op jutsu's like Masked mans.
That is it !!! ...instead of the double jumps have a chakra jump.

Jeesh ...I hope its not to late to send this Idea in ! here is a brief recap of what it should be like:

Front dash = chakra + jump + direction towards opponent

Back dash = chakra + jump + direction away from opponent

High jump/double jump = chakra + jump + neutral

This really sounds like what it should be !!!

I am going to send this in even if it is too late for this game it could be beneficial for the next!

Thank you Jesus!

神是真實的,請 閱讀聖經
성경을 읽고 하나님은 실제입니다.

神は本物だと聖書を読んでください

Last edited by SHAMEFULLSHINOBI; 01-13-2013 at 08:48 PM.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:47 PM   #7015
Uchiha Sora
Has a Keyblade

Awards Showcase

Meh, i don't really like holding up for front dash. I feel like it would just make things uneccesarily harder. Especially if your the one in the back of the screen. Would you hold DOWN to dash? What if both opponents are right next to eachother, side by side on the screen? Woud you hold left/right? Its just unnecessary imo

Last edited by Uchiha Sora; 01-13-2013 at 08:50 PM.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:59 PM   #7016
Sagepain
............... The Original Sage

Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Sagepain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha Sora View Post
Meh, i don't really like holding up for front dash. I feel like it would just make things uneccesarily harder. Especially if your the one in the back of the screen. Would you hold DOWN to dash? What if both opponents are right next to eachother, side by side on the screen? Woud you hold left/right? Its just unnecessary imo
Yeah, probably.......but honestly you already got to do that with back dashing.

Old 01-13-2013, 09:02 PM   #7017
SHAMEFULLSHINOBI
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha Sora View Post
What I am saying is one would have to aim in the direction where you want to dash. The front dashes need to be controlled just like how the back dashes are, thats why button mashers seem to get the upper hand at draining the sub bars even over skilled experienced players. It would not be a huge stepping stone as you might think. It really should have been that way all along!!!

Thank you Jesus!

神是真實的,請 閱讀聖經
성경을 읽고 하나님은 실제입니다.

神は本物だと聖書を読んでください

Last edited by SHAMEFULLSHINOBI; 01-13-2013 at 09:25 PM.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:25 AM   #7018
JohnSenpaiii
Academy Graduate

JohnSenpaiii is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

@Shamefull great idea! If they ever implement that on a generations 2, then that'll fix all those chakra dash spamming >.>
Old 01-14-2013, 02:01 AM   #7019
Joaty
Chunin Exam Proctor

Joaty saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

the chakra dash it's self is fine as it wasn't an issue in storm 2, in fact it was suicidal for the most part.

it's how they designed the rest of the battle system that has caused it to become a problem like i've been saying they are simply shifting problems to something else

for instance they made it so you can sub every thing when with subs and nothing when without. their is no middle ground without using supports or tools to get ride of the other player.

as well as the bounce back removal when guarding

it's effectively cause and effect

Last edited by Joaty; 01-14-2013 at 02:38 AM.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:51 AM   #7020
Uchiha Sora
Has a Keyblade

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagepain View Post
Yeah, probably.......but honestly you already got to do that with back dashing.
Yea but back dashing isn't something you use to fight unlike normal dashing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAMEFULLSHINOBI View Post
What I am saying is one would have to aim in the direction where you want to dash. The front dashes need to be controlled just like how the back dashes are, thats why button mashers seem to get the upper hand at draining the sub bars even over skilled experienced players. It would not be a huge stepping stone as you might think. It really should have been that way all along!!!
And this games camera would just make it unnecessarily difficult..

Other way around. That's how experienced players drain noobs sub bars. Maybe dash CANCELLING can be like that, but it's still not really an issue

It's not hard to block after you sub and counter dash

Quote:
for instance they made it so you can sub every thing when with subs and nothing when without. their is no middle ground without using supports or tools to get ride of the other player.
Experienced players have ways to survive without subs. I've completely turned the situation around many times going from no subs, and reducing my opponents 3 or 4 down to none. This game is a lot deeper than it seems. You have to play a lot of mind games

Last edited by Uchiha Sora; 01-14-2013 at 02:59 AM.
Closed Thread