Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Games

Naruto Games We're all about games in this section -- all Naruto games, that is.

View Poll Results: Are you ready for Ultimate Ninja Storm 3?
Yes 234 91.05%
No 23 8.95%
Voters: 257. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2013, 07:40 PM   #6861
Hidan
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Hidan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In a pit, hoping that I get out
Posts: 3,163
Rep Power: 11
Hidan has completed a tough C-rank mission!Hidan has completed a tough C-rank mission!Hidan has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Default Re: The Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Discussion Thread.

My level of expectancy for the Rookies ended when they got their War Outfits, anything after that was just bonus for me. Such as Chouji's Butterfly form or Tenten's Banana Fan.

What I don't understand is why they should waste their time updating characters that don't necessarily need it. They got the updates they need, that's all there is to it. It's not like they're not adding Butterfly Chouji, he is still in the game. It'd be a whole other thing if say, Naruto didn't get his Kyuubi Chakra Mode, or any different combos in that mode because he fights completely differently, but most of the Konoha Eleven's play style hasn't changed, and if they have then it's reflected in their awakening.

With their level of relevance in Shippuden they could easily not be playable, and I'm always scratching my head as to why they, in Shippuden games, are usually almost one hundred percent confirmed even thought hey barley even fight. But if it's to appease those 'Part One' fans, I guess they have to be in it.

Don't get me wrong, the war is a strong time when the rookies are shown, but even then they are shafted. Ino, Shikamaru, and Primarily Chouji get one fight, while Tenten's, Neji's, Lee's, Hinata's, Kiba's, Shino's, and Sakura's are all off paneled. They haven't shown too much to deserve upgrades at all, but you can't blame that on CC2, you can blame that on their low portrayal in the war thanks to Kishimoto. (But even then, he has to make a lot of decisions on a weekly basis)

Essentially what I'm trying to say is, don't like it? Deal with it, it's what is being given to us. If you hate it so bad then don't waste your time writing about it on a forum which the developers will never read; go out and e-mail them, and then rant. Bringing negative emotions about something you dislike will do nothing but piss those off who are enjoying what is going on with the game.

Like really, here is an example for me: Hidan is my favorite character of all time, and I would LOVE to see a new ultimate from him. However the case is he is highly irrelevant to the story now, and to ask a new ultimate for a character that's essentially done nothing for the series is ridiculous. Instead they should be focusing on the aspects that need updating, like they have with Chouji and Tenten. Everything else? It's not necessary, it's just extra fluff which they could be using somewhere else.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~




Last edited by Hidan; 01-11-2013 at 07:54 PM.
Hidan is offline  
Old 01-11-2013, 07:50 PM   #6862
Kibanaru lover
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Kibanaru lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,578
Rep Power: 8
Kibanaru lover has completed a tough C-rank mission!Kibanaru lover has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Default Re: The Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Discussion Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidan View Post
My level of expectancy for the Rookies ended when they got their War Outfits, anything after that was just bonus for me. Such as Chouji's Butterfly form or Tenten's Banana Fan.

What I don't understand is why they should waste their time updating characters that don't necessarily need it. They got the updates they need, that's all there is to it. It's not like they're not adding Butterfly Chouji, he is still in the game. It'd be a whole other thing if say, Naruto didn't get his Kyuubi Chakra Mode, or any different combos in that mode because he fights completely differently, but most of the Konoha Eleven's play style hasn't changed, and if they have then it's reflected in their awakening.

With their level of relevance in Shippuden they could easily not be playable, and I'm always scratching my head as to why they, in Shippuden games, are usually almost one hundred percent confirmed even thought hey barley even fight. But if it's to appease those 'Part One' fans, I guess they have to be in it.

Don't get me wrong, the war is a strong time when the rookies are shown, but even then they are shafted. Ino, Shikamaru, and Primarily Chouji get one fight, while Tenten's, Neji's, Lee's, Hinata's, Kiba's, Shino's, and Sakura's are all off paneled. They haven't shown too much to deserve upgrades at all, but you can't blame that on CC2, you can blame that on their low portrayal in the war thanks to Kishimoto. (But even then, he has to make a lot of decisions on a weekly basis)
Well first cus there true skill isn't shown and second you can tell that the newer and even the older characters had more work done to them then they did. It's been what 3 games with no updates. And like in Olmsted every ultimate ninja game they got like 1 new ult. See the problem here.
__________________
Weapon Masters for the Win. Ninja tools are unbeatable.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kibanaru lover is offline  
Old 01-11-2013, 08:07 PM   #6863
Hidan
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Hidan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In a pit, hoping that I get out
Posts: 3,163
Rep Power: 11
Hidan has completed a tough C-rank mission!Hidan has completed a tough C-rank mission!Hidan has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Default Re: The Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Discussion Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibanaru lover View Post
Well first cus there true skill isn't shown and second you can tell that the newer and even the older characters had more work done to them then they did. It's been what 3 games with no updates. And like in Olmsted every ultimate ninja game they got like 1 new ult. See the problem here.
Hidan's true skill wasn't shown through his character either. He could extend his scythe to long ranges and was able to use the coil on the scythe to defend against attacks. It's probably his quickest attack and defense and the ability was omitted from Storm 2.

But I can see the reason for it, the ability was a very small portion of his skill set, and didn't completely reflect on his fighting skills. They take what has been given to them in terms of the manga and continue from there. In fact, the Konoha 11's move-sets are almost entirely filler simply because there is nothing to go off from. What do you want them to do? Replace Kiba's random kicks with random punches? So in essence they aren't misrepresenting anything that they've done, because they haven't done anything. Of course you could base it off their Part One moveset, but then they'd just be a carbon-copy of their Storm One moves, and we wouldn't want a Clash of Ninja scenario would we?

Of course the other characters have had more work done on them, and that's because they've actually shown feats of what they can do. People like Killer Bee are constantly getting upgrades because they have been shown in the spotlight more, they have shown more actions and abilities, thus they deserve the upgrade more.

Yes every ultimate ninja game they did happen to get an update on ultimate's, but that was because they were showcasing their abilities back then. In Shippuden they hardly ever fight, thus they can't represent what an ultimate would be like. Not only that, but it should be obvious that it takes more work to create the ultimate's in the Storm series versus in the Ultimate Ninja games. Besides the more time they spend updating on a character which doesn't need sever updating, the less time they can spend on developing characters that need it, like Bee, or developing new characters, like the Jinchuriki or even Madara.

Yes I do happen to see your point, but the cost value of losing a new ultimate or combo from the Rookies is less than what we can obtain.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~



Hidan is offline  
Old 01-11-2013, 08:21 PM   #6864
Kibanaru lover
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Kibanaru lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,578
Rep Power: 8
Kibanaru lover has completed a tough C-rank mission!Kibanaru lover has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Default Re: The Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Discussion Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidan View Post
Hidan's true skill wasn't shown through his character either. He could extend his scythe to long ranges and was able to use the coil on the scythe to defend against attacks. It's probably his quickest attack and defense and the ability was omitted from Storm 2.

But I can see the reason for it, the ability was a very small portion of his skill set, and didn't completely reflect on his fighting skills. They take what has been given to them in terms of the manga and continue from there. In fact, the Konoha 11's move-sets are almost entirely filler simply because there is nothing to go off from. What do you want them to do? Replace Kiba's random kicks with random punches? So in essence they aren't misrepresenting anything that they've done, because they haven't done anything. Of course you could base it off their Part One moveset, but then they'd just be a carbon-copy of their Storm One moves, and we wouldn't want a Clash of Ninja scenario would we?

Of course the other characters have had more work done on them, and that's because they've actually shown feats of what they can do. People like Killer Bee are constantly getting upgrades because they have been shown in the spotlight more, they have shown more actions and abilities, thus they deserve the upgrade more.

Yes every ultimate ninja game they did happen to get an update on ultimate's, but that was because they were showcasing their abilities back then. In Shippuden they hardly ever fight, thus they can't represent what an ultimate would be like. Not only that, but it should be obvious that it takes more work to create the ultimate's in the Storm series versus in the Ultimate Ninja games. Besides the more time they spend updating on a character which doesn't need sever updating, the less time they can spend on developing characters that need it, like Bee, or developing new characters, like the Jinchuriki or even Madara.

Yes I do happen to see your point, but the cost value of losing a new ultimate or combo from the Rookies is less than what we can obtain.
First off what's up with tenten ult. She doesn't have her massive destruction were she uses her whole scroll. No she has some metal ball. We know they can do better. Ino also shown more improvment but the only tru jutsu she has is her grab. Every fighting game updates there old characters with new moves . And hidan can throw his weapon it's his tilt. Also what's the exscuse for tsunada not having her seal broken. There isn't any.
__________________
Weapon Masters for the Win. Ninja tools are unbeatable.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kibanaru lover is offline  
Old 01-11-2013, 08:21 PM   #6865
Sagepain
............... The Original Sage
 
Sagepain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: I'm your siamese twin.
Posts: 10,469
Rep Power: 41
Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Sagepain
Default Re: The Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Discussion Thread.

I expected nothing new from the Konoha 11+Sai besides the war outfits, so I'm happy with what we actually got.

I definitely didin't expect the Banana fan for Tenten at all even if its just what seems to be her Awakening Action.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sagepain is online now  
Old 01-11-2013, 08:23 PM   #6866
Kibanaru lover
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Kibanaru lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,578
Rep Power: 8
Kibanaru lover has completed a tough C-rank mission!Kibanaru lover has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Default Re: The Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Discussion Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagepain View Post
I expected nothing new from the Konoha 11+Sai besides the war outfits, so I'm happy with what we actually got.

I definitely didin't expect the Banana fan for Tenten at all even if its just what seems to be her Awakening Action.
Seriously sai should have his seal. Come on people. You guys are acting like its so special cus tenten got a awakening jutsu like every character has well maybe except ino.
__________________
Weapon Masters for the Win. Ninja tools are unbeatable.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kibanaru lover is offline  
Old 01-11-2013, 08:39 PM   #6867
Hidan
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Hidan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In a pit, hoping that I get out
Posts: 3,163
Rep Power: 11
Hidan has completed a tough C-rank mission!Hidan has completed a tough C-rank mission!Hidan has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Default Re: The Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Discussion Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibanaru lover View Post
First off what's up with tenten ult. She doesn't have her massive destruction were she uses her whole scroll. No she has some metal ball. We know they can do better. Ino also shown more improvment but the only tru jutsu she has is her grab. Every fighting game updates there old characters with new moves . And hidan can throw his weapon it's his tilt. Also what's the exscuse for tsunada not having her seal broken. There isn't any.

Seriously sai should have his seal. Come on people. You guys are acting like its so special cus tenten got a awakening jutsu like every character has well maybe except ino.
No, she hasn't shown anything like that in the manga. Quite literally, all she has shown (throughout the entire series) was the barrage of Kunai against Kinkaku, and her exploding ball against the Kisame clone. That is literally it. Everything else she has done is anime filler. (Besides technically the Banana Fan, but that was off-paneled in the manga as well. Also yes, her fight with Temari in the Chunin Exams was off-panel/anime filler)

Also no, every fighting game doesn't update their characters. In fact, most fighting games recycle characters movesets. Many Naruto games such as the Clash of Ninja games and even the Ultimate Ninja games recycled a bunch of movesets. Not only that, casual fighters like Super Smash Brothers Brawl has recycled movesets all the way from the first game without a single change. Marvel vs Capcom is also known for recycling some movesets, so basically, that point is mute.

Also I know he does that, but it's still fairly short range. I'm talking about a legitimate long range attack like he did against Asuma. Regardless I can see why they didn't add it, because it wouldn't mesh well with his fighting style that they placed for him inside the game.

I agree with that though, Tsunade should have been using her Seal since Storm One. Don't know why they never added it though. Maybe in this game they'll add it, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

As for Sai, yes, since he has shown that technique in manga canon, I am some what expecting an update for him in the ultimate. Unless of course he gets the giant brush and drawing pad in his awakening and fights with the tiger; that would be acceptable as well.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~




Last edited by Hidan; 01-11-2013 at 08:44 PM.
Hidan is offline  
Old 01-11-2013, 08:47 PM   #6868
Sasuke
The Ultimate Sasuke Fan
Konoha Historian
 
Sasuke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Stumbled upon a mysterious area, trying to find the truth.
Posts: 4,005
Rep Power: 12
Sasuke has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sasuke has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sasuke has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sasuke has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sasuke has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sasuke has a spectacular chakra aura going on.
Send a message via Skype™ to Sasuke
Default Re: The Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Discussion Thread.

Honestly it is special, because Tenten had only shown to use the fan one time(And I am not even sure if that was her attack or Asuma's, the anime interpreted as Tenten's). I am content with the minor changes that the K11 got, I never really cared for them too much in the first place(Except for Neji and Hinata). I am more interested in the updates they bring to the fighting modes, since that is what keeps it ultimately different from the previous games.

And to be quite honest, the number one reason why I buy Storm games is for the Story mode, not for the fighting. The Ultimate Ninja games are not supposed to be traditional fighter games, and so shouldn't be expected to follow the same traditions as other fighters. You have to remember that with any anime game, the Gameplay and Story must come first, followed by the Characters, and then their moveset. CC2 can spend a lot of time on the moveset, or they can spend that same amount of time on a new character. Personally I would prefer a new character over a new moveset for a pre existing character that hasn't changed too much in the story arcs covered.

I can understand why one would want Ino to have a different ultimate(Her ultimate sucks), but there is no new feats she has shown(Except for the double mind transfer) which probably would be clunky to transfer from a move to an actual ultimate. If she would have gotten a better ultimate, it would have to have been in Storm 2, when they all got new movesets and models. Yes some of the characters need updates, but not at the cost of some of the other newer characters.
__________________
I got second place in the 2010 Trivia Contest!


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Sasuke; 01-11-2013 at 08:49 PM.
Sasuke is offline  
Old 01-11-2013, 08:51 PM   #6869
Kibanaru lover
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Kibanaru lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,578
Rep Power: 8
Kibanaru lover has completed a tough C-rank mission!Kibanaru lover has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Default Re: The Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Discussion Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidan View Post
No, she hasn't shown anything like that in the manga. Quite literally, all she has shown (throughout the entire series) was the barrage of Kunai against Kinkaku, and her exploding ball against the Kisame clone. That is literally it. Everything else she has done is anime filler. (Besides technically the Banana Fan, but that was off-paneled in the manga as well. Also yes, her fight with Temari in the Chunin Exams was off-panel/anime filler)

Also no, every fighting game doesn't update their characters. In fact, most fighting games recycle characters movesets. Many Naruto games such as the Clash of Ninja games and even the Ultimate Ninja games recycled a bunch of movesets. Not only that, casual fighters like Super Smash Brothers Brawl has recycled movesets all the way from the first game without a single change. Marvel vs Capcom is also known for recycling some movesets, so basically, that point is mute.

Also I know he does that, but it's still fairly short range. I'm talking about a legitimate long range attack like he did against Asuma. Regardless I can see why they didn't add it, because it wouldn't mesh well with his fighting style that they placed for him inside the game.

I agree with that though, Tsunade should have been using her Seal since Storm One. Don't know why they never added it though. Maybe in this game they'll add it, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

As for Sai, yes, since he has shown that technique in manga canon, I am some what expecting an update for him in the ultimate. Unless of course he gets the giant brush and drawing pad in his awakening and fights with the tiger; that would be acceptable as well.
But the thing is they do use anime filler or else Hinata wouldn't have her jutsu that can not be used as a exscuse. Also why can't ino take over zetsu bodys. And yes all fighting games update there characters. Not a full make over but atleast update them.
__________________
Weapon Masters for the Win. Ninja tools are unbeatable.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kibanaru lover is offline  
Old 01-11-2013, 08:52 PM   #6870
Uchiha Sora
Has a Keyblade
 
Uchiha Sora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chocolate Droppa
Posts: 10,298
Rep Power: 20
Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.
Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: The Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Discussion Thread.

Quote:
Also no, every fighting game doesn't update their characters. In fact, most fighting games recycle characters movesets.
Yup. Fighting games usually make very small tweaks like adjusting hit boxes and tweaking the possibility of cancelling attacks with other attacks. The moveset is generally the same overall, the changes aren't usually that noticeable unless your a hardcore player
__________________


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Uchiha Sora is offline  
Old 01-11-2013, 09:04 PM   #6871
Kibanaru lover
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Kibanaru lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,578
Rep Power: 8
Kibanaru lover has completed a tough C-rank mission!Kibanaru lover has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Default Re: The Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Discussion Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasuke View Post
Honestly it is special, because Tenten had only shown to use the fan one time(And I am not even sure if that was her attack or Asuma's, the anime interpreted as Tenten's). I am content with the minor changes that the K11 got, I never really cared for them too much in the first place(Except for Neji and Hinata). I am more interested in the updates they bring to the fighting modes, since that is what keeps it ultimately different from the previous games.

And to be quite honest, the number one reason why I buy Storm games is for the Story mode, not for the fighting. The Ultimate Ninja games are not supposed to be traditional fighter games, and so shouldn't be expected to follow the same traditions as other fighters. You have to remember that with any anime game, the Gameplay and Story must come first, followed by the Characters, and then their moveset. CC2 can spend a lot of time on the moveset, or they can spend that same amount of time on a new character. Personally I would prefer a new character over a new moveset for a pre existing character that hasn't changed too much in the story arcs covered.

I can understand why one would want Ino to have a different ultimate(Her ultimate sucks), but there is no new feats she has shown(Except for the double mind transfer) which probably would be clunky to transfer from a move to an actual ultimate. If she would have gotten a better ultimate, it would have to have been in Storm 2, when they all got new movesets and models. Yes some of the characters need updates, but not at the cost of some of the other newer characters.
I have to disagree. I do not play anime game for the story that I have already seen. I play to play as my favorite character. U can easily tell the characters in storm 2 are rushed by just looking at all the ultra destruction power. I mean ask your self this why did they change bee ult from its crappy storm 2 version. Also yes I would prefer newer characters but we don't even have many of those
__________________
Weapon Masters for the Win. Ninja tools are unbeatable.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kibanaru lover is offline  
Old 01-11-2013, 09:05 PM   #6872
Hidan
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Hidan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In a pit, hoping that I get out
Posts: 3,163
Rep Power: 11
Hidan has completed a tough C-rank mission!Hidan has completed a tough C-rank mission!Hidan has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Default Re: The Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Discussion Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibanaru lover View Post
But the thing is they do use anime filler or else Hinata wouldn't have her jutsu that can not be used as a exscuse. Also why can't ino take over zetsu bodys. And yes all fighting games update there characters. Not a full make over but atleast update them.
That's because Hinata didn't have anything else to use that would be ultimate worthy without looking like a Neji look-alike. They quickly dispatched it and even recently said they will be sticking close to the manga for the game. Asking for a filler Ultimate for a character would be like asking for the Filler Edo Tensei costume for Hidan, even though they stated that this game would be following the manga closely.

The main problem with Ino taking over Zetsu bodies is that it would be completely random in her ultimate where two Zetsu's would just appear behind her to take control of. In fact, they could replicate her feat of taking control of two minds by having her summon that Yamanaka doll that Fu summoned against Ao to fight.

Also no, many fighters don't update a lot, and especially anime fighters. Looking at the Naruto franchise, the Clash of Ninja series is the worst, where they even recycled the movesets from Part One for the Shippuden Rookies.

There are others like Dragon Ball Z where Tien keeps being added into the games even though he isn't even fighting anymore (well much anyways). Would you say his over all relevance needed any upgrades? No, it didn't, and thus he didn't get any. On the other hand someone like Vegeta who got Super Saiyan Two needed the upgrade, thus his character was upgraded.

Yes it would be cool to see the characters like Ino who have a horrible ultimate get an upgrade, but she hasn't done anything overly awesome to really warrant a new ultimate. Essentially what I'm trying to say is, the Konoha 11 are like the Yamcha and Tien of Naruto. They need to be spending more time on the 'Vegeta' of the series (Killer Bee, Sasuke, Naruto, Tobi, etc.) which actually needs a new move-set/ultimate due to the circumstances of which their character is currently in, not based on fan demand.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~



Hidan is offline  
Old 01-11-2013, 09:16 PM   #6873
Kibanaru lover
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Kibanaru lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,578
Rep Power: 8
Kibanaru lover has completed a tough C-rank mission!Kibanaru lover has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Default Re: The Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Discussion Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidan View Post
That's because Hinata didn't have anything else to use that would be ultimate worthy without looking like a Neji look-alike. They quickly dispatched it and even recently said they will be sticking close to the manga for the game. Asking for a filler Ultimate for a character would be like asking for the Filler Edo Tensei costume for Hidan, even though they stated that this game would be following the manga closely.

The main problem with Ino taking over Zetsu bodies is that it would be completely random in her ultimate where two Zetsu's would just appear behind her to take control of. In fact, they could replicate her feat of taking control of two minds by having her summon that Yamanaka doll that Fu summoned against Ao to fight.

Also no, many fighters don't update a lot, and especially anime fighters. Looking at the Naruto franchise, the Clash of Ninja series is the worst, where they even recycled the movesets from Part One for the Shippuden Rookies.

There are others like Dragon Ball Z where Tien keeps being added into the games even though he isn't even fighting anymore (well much anyways). Would you say his over all relevance needed any upgrades? No, it didn't, and thus he didn't get any. On the other hand someone like Vegeta who got Super Saiyan Two needed the upgrade, thus his character was upgraded.

Yes it would be cool to see the characters like Ino who have a horrible ultimate get an upgrade, but she hasn't done anything overly awesome to really warrant a new ultimate. Essentially what I'm trying to say is, the Konoha 11 are like the Yamcha and Tien of Naruto. They need to be spending more time on the 'Vegeta' of the series (Killer Bee, Sasuke, Naruto, Tobi, etc.) which actually needs a new move-set/ultimate due to the circumstances of which their character is currently in, not based on fan demand.
First Hinata still has her jutsu. Second her ult right now is filler if its gona be made up mite as well have actual time put into it. Third yes most fighters do up date characters compose but mostly keep there basics. They usually get some new moves. Also ultimate ninja used filler jutsu. And last we don't even have that many new characters as a excuse
__________________
Weapon Masters for the Win. Ninja tools are unbeatable.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kibanaru lover is offline  
Old 01-11-2013, 10:17 PM   #6874
Hidan
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Hidan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In a pit, hoping that I get out
Posts: 3,163
Rep Power: 11
Hidan has completed a tough C-rank mission!Hidan has completed a tough C-rank mission!Hidan has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Default Re: The Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Discussion Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibanaru lover View Post
First Hinata still has her jutsu. Second her ult right now is filler if its gona be made up mite as well have actual time put into it. Third yes most fighters do up date characters compose but mostly keep there basics. They usually get some new moves. Also ultimate ninja used filler jutsu. And last we don't even have that many new characters as a excuse
That was PTS Hinata, and at that point they didn't change any Pre-Skip characters in Generations. Secondly, the current Hinata does have the Twin Lion Fists in the manga, but we never saw her actually hit anything with it, much like Tenten with the Banana Fan. However with a little innovation they are taking a canon move and making it interesting by placing it onto a character and using their moveset.

As far as the current Jutsu for Hinata, yes, that is still filler, however I'm talking about new content. It doesn't matter what they have done in the past, what they said they were doing for this game is keeping close to the manga. By not changing Hinata's Jutsu it isn't defying this statement, since it came from a earlier game.

While in some fighter games a few characters may get some new moves, the majority stick with what they were given in past games. Trust me, CC2 isn't the only company to be doing this. (I could argue that giving Tenten the Banana fan is more than what you can ask from a lot of fighters, but I won't go there)

Also no new characters? Let's see: The six Jinchuriki, Darui, Hanzo, Mifune, and many more unconfirmed. A few off the top of my mind are Nagato, The Second Mizukage, Muu, Gaara's Father, The Third Raikage, Kinkaku, Ginkaku, War Mask Tobi, Madara, EMS Sasuke, Biju Mode Naruto, and perhaps even Sage Kabuto. There are about Fifty-two returning characters (If my math is correct about the 41 from Storm 2 and the 11 from Storm 3) then that leaves room for about thirty new characters since it was confirmed for over eighty characters. I wouldn't call that a small amount of new characters.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~



Hidan is offline  
Old 01-11-2013, 10:30 PM   #6875
Kibanaru lover
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Kibanaru lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,578
Rep Power: 8
Kibanaru lover has completed a tough C-rank mission!Kibanaru lover has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Default Re: The Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Discussion Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidan View Post
That was PTS Hinata, and at that point they didn't change any Pre-Skip characters in Generations. Secondly, the current Hinata does have the Twin Lion Fists in the manga, but we never saw her actually hit anything with it, much like Tenten with the Banana Fan. However with a little innovation they are taking a canon move and making it interesting by placing it onto a character and using their moveset.

As far as the current Jutsu for Hinata, yes, that is still filler, however I'm talking about new content. It doesn't matter what they have done in the past, what they said they were doing for this game is keeping close to the manga. By not changing Hinata's Jutsu it isn't defying this statement, since it came from a earlier game.

While in some fighter games a few characters may get some new moves, the majority stick with what they were given in past games. Trust me, CC2 isn't the only company to be doing this. (I could argue that giving Tenten the Banana fan is more than what you can ask from a lot of fighters, but I won't go there)

Also no new characters? Let's see: The six Jinchuriki, Darui, Hanzo, Mifune, and many more unconfirmed. A few off the top of my mind are Nagato, The Second Mizukage, Muu, Gaara's Father, The Third Raikage, Kinkaku, Ginkaku, War Mask Tobi, Madara, EMS Sasuke, Biju Mode Naruto, and perhaps even Sage Kabuto. There are about Fifty-two returning characters (If my math is correct about the 41 from Storm 2 and the 11 from Storm 3) then that leaves room for about thirty new characters since it was confirmed for over eighty characters. I wouldn't call that a small amount of new characters.
Even first off sticking to the manga is bs or else the tailed beast wouldn't be playable. Next I said so far the rest u just did was all speculation bro. U even said unconfirmed so how can u even act like they are in the game. we dont even know how many characters are returning. only 2 months away and last I remember they did this with gen when they had like what kabuto and mask man left to reveal. Also even if they did stick to the manga they could come up with better ults like really orochimaru just turns into a snake. He doesn't even get white snake as a awakening but people get full tail beast. Makes no since. Also yes most games update characters combos not much but they do update them. Trust me most of my games are actually fighting games. And last they only gave her the fan cus they needed to give her something for a awakening jutsu. If anything it was the easy way out thinking of the most obvious thing.
__________________
Weapon Masters for the Win. Ninja tools are unbeatable.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Kibanaru lover; 01-11-2013 at 10:33 PM.
Kibanaru lover is offline  
Old 01-11-2013, 11:05 PM   #6876
Razefang
Apprentice Genin
 
Razefang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 118
Rep Power: 5
Razefang is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: The Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Discussion Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibanaru lover View Post
Even first off sticking to the manga is bs or else the tailed beast wouldn't be playable. Next I said so far the rest u just did was all speculation bro. U even said unconfirmed so how can u even act like they are in the game. we dont even know how many characters are returning. only 2 months away and last I remember they did this with gen when they had like what kabuto and mask man left to reveal. Also even if they did stick to the manga they could come up with better ults like really orochimaru just turns into a snake. He doesn't even get white snake as a awakening but people get full tail beast. Makes no since. Also yes most games update characters combos not much but they do update them. Trust me most of my games are actually fighting games. And last they only gave her the fan cus they needed to give her something for a awakening jutsu. If anything it was the easy way out thinking of the most obvious thing.
Not my argument, but what are you even saying!? "Sticking to the manga is bs or else the tailed beast wouldn't be playable?" The manga is the reason they're playable! The anime hasn't shown them in action yet, all their movesets for the game come from their fight in the manga. Secondly, they said over 80 playable characters, so you can expect more than 12 new characters yet to be announced. It isn't speculation. Your point with Orochimaru isn't valid either, he's been "dead" in the manga for a long time, what new ultimate would they get from him? Also, he does have the white snake jutsu, why would you want the white snake awakening? So he can hiss at you?? He shows NOTHING in that form. Again I point out that CC2 has less than 40 employees working on Storm 3, so you wont expect all characters to have new movesets, it's too much work. This isn't a true fighting game. If you want a true fighting game, buy something else. And finally, yes Tenten has her banana fan, so what if it's her awakening jutsu? Would you rather not have it all? I know her ultimate is crappy, but these aren't the ps2 ultimate ninja games as you've noticed. They don't make up sexy overdone ultimates. All the moves are within the limits of that character at a reasonable level according to the manga...
Razefang is offline  
Old 01-11-2013, 11:27 PM   #6877
Kibanaru lover
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Kibanaru lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,578
Rep Power: 8
Kibanaru lover has completed a tough C-rank mission!Kibanaru lover has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Default Re: The Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Discussion Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razefang View Post
Not my argument, but what are you even saying!? "Sticking to the manga is bs or else the tailed beast wouldn't be playable?" The manga is the reason they're playable! The anime hasn't shown them in action yet, all their movesets for the game come from their fight in the manga. Secondly, they said over 80 playable characters, so you can expect more than 12 new characters yet to be announced. It isn't speculation. Your point with Orochimaru isn't valid either, he's been "dead" in the manga for a long time, what new ultimate would they get from him? Also, he does have the white snake jutsu, why would you want the white snake awakening? So he can hiss at you?? He shows NOTHING in that form. Again I point out that CC2 has less than 40 employees working on Storm 3, so you wont expect all characters to have new movesets, it's too much work. This isn't a true fighting game. If you want a true fighting game, buy something else. And finally, yes Tenten has her banana fan, so what if it's her awakening jutsu? Would you rather not have it all? I know her ultimate is crappy, but these aren't the ps2 ultimate ninja games as you've noticed. They don't make up sexy overdone ultimates. All the moves are within the limits of that character at a reasonable level according to the manga...
What are u talking about. There human forms didn't even fight in the manga. U can go back and check. All the stuff is made up. Probably even more so for the bubble guy. Also yes I would prefer her to have something more true to her. And what are u talking about. Orochimaru snake can move by them self and have poisons and swords. And I brought up orochimaru to point out he wasn't given anytime like the new characters. He is a joke to the true orochimaru. You say they built him with in his real limits but I remember him takeing on the 9 tails. Also why else do you think I play naruto games. To be my favorite character like I already said. And again how do we know cc2 just isn't counting costumes or something for character slots. We don't.

Actually now that I think about orochimaru could of had a 3 headed snake as his awakening or ult. Especially since it was in the cinematic for storm 2.
__________________
Weapon Masters for the Win. Ninja tools are unbeatable.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Kibanaru lover; 01-11-2013 at 11:48 PM.
Kibanaru lover is offline  
Old 01-11-2013, 11:35 PM   #6878
JohnSenpaiii
Academy Graduate
 
JohnSenpaiii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: At my Secret hideout. (Hint: Island.)
Posts: 94
Rep Power: 0
JohnSenpaiii is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: The Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Discussion Thread.

guys did anyone notice the desert stage where yagura and gaara fought in the screenshots? IIRC that was where the edo kages fought the shinobi alliance. Does that mean the edo kages are confirmed??!! O_O
JohnSenpaiii is offline  
Old 01-12-2013, 12:02 AM   #6879
Razefang
Apprentice Genin
 
Razefang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 118
Rep Power: 5
Razefang is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: The Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Discussion Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibanaru lover View Post
What are u talking about. There human forms didn't even fight in the manga. U can go back and check. All the stuff is made up. Probably even more so for the bubble guy. Also yes I would prefer her to have something more true to her. And what are u talking about. Orochimaru snake can move by them self and have poisons and swords. And I brought up orochimaru to point out he wasn't given anytime like the new characters. He is a joke to the true orochimaru. You say they built him with in his real limits but I remember him takeing on the 9 tails. Also why else do you think I play naruto games. To be my favorite character like I already said. And again how do we know cc2 just isn't counting costumes or something for character slots. We don't.

Actually now that I think about orochimaru could of had a 3 headed snake as his awakening or ult. Especially since it was in the cinematic for storm 2.
They did fight in the manga. Chapters 564, 565, 566. And yes orochimaru's snakes do that, but not in his white snake form. His 5 headed snake would be a cool ultimate but they never implemented it for some reason.
And i'm pretty sure costumes don't count as two slots. If so, generations would have a lot more "characters". Besides, in one of the first interviews, which I'll post tomorrow, they mention all characters from generations minus the kids were returning. People here on this discussion have been asking for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSenpaiii View Post
guys did anyone notice the desert stage where yagura and gaara fought in the screenshots? IIRC that was where the edo kages fought the shinobi alliance. Does that mean the edo kages are confirmed??!! O_O
Pretty much bro. They show the kages fight in February in the anime, so yeah, they're going to be in the game.
Razefang is offline  
Old 01-12-2013, 12:07 AM   #6880
Kibanaru lover
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Kibanaru lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,578
Rep Power: 8
Kibanaru lover has completed a tough C-rank mission!Kibanaru lover has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Default Re: The Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Discussion Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razefang View Post
They did fight in the manga. Chapters 564, 565, 566. And yes orochimaru's snakes do that, but not in his white snake form. His 5 headed snake would be a cool ultimate but they never implemented it for some reason.
And i'm pretty sure costumes don't count as two slots. If so, generations would have a lot more "characters". Besides, in one of the first interviews, which I'll post tomorrow, they mention all characters from generations minus the kids were returning. People here on this discussion have been asking for it.



Pretty much bro. They show the kages fight in February in the anime, so yeah, they're going to be in the game.
Not really most of it was just talking. They didn't even use one jutsu each if I remember correctly. One used a mirror one used a flash nii wich is the only one I see being fully playable used claws but that's really it.

So what's gona be your guys exscuse when konan and jugo and sai and tsunada and other characters have like no updates?
__________________
Weapon Masters for the Win. Ninja tools are unbeatable.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kibanaru lover is offline  
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.