Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Cutting Edge > Debate Forum

Debate Forum Debate interesting non-Naruto topics. All forum rules apply.

Old 01-07-2013, 11:07 PM   #1
Shisko Shi
Special Jonin Candidate

Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Shisko Shi
Default Why does everyone disgregard some things in the Bible?

Ok it has been proven that things have been taken out of the bible, But and this is a big but. Why does evryone say 'Oh God is a wonderful person and wouldn't hurt a fly' He friken destroid the old Isreal for defing him.

Ok I am a Christian, but some things confuse me. I am really about to go to church stand up and say things like that. People don't seems to see the Bible the way it is. I know I don't, but nobody explains this in church. Just like the one with out sin be the one to throw the stone. That I think might be judgment. I don't know, but thinks like isreal and why is satan only banished for x amount of years after ruling the world. And why does everyone say christmas is a christian holiday? Fist off, it isn't. Their is no proof what so ever that Jeseus was born on the 25th of dec. Some think it was in Aug.

It has no meaning any more, it is all christmas lights and trees with presents. Why not make it if you are a christain to help the homeless and give away some food or money. I mean do you really need presents? I think anyone not just christians should celibrate this holiday, because it have no meaning to Jesues anymore. Same with easter, what the heck is the rabbite and eggs for?

I don't mean to put down any of this, but could someone explain this?

P.S. if this is the wrong thread, let me knwo and I shall move it.

You're captain of the football team and are heavily involved in other sports. You actually get pretty decent grades, but most people don't know that. Most girls really really REALLY want to date you, but you don't notice or care for them. They're just fangirls. Like Sasuke.
You have a cool headed manner, and it almost appears as serious. When you're out in the games playing, you're just as serious but extremely aggressive. This is what leads the NDF football team to victory (lol in reality the team would suck ass but lets just imagine it otherwise)
You're popular and a lot of people look up to you and see you as most likely to win "Best All Around" in the yearbook. You walk into a party and everyone shouts "AYYY IT'S COLLIIIIIN" and you get attacked by high fives by your teammates and crew and hugs by desperate females. But most people don't know a lot about you personally because you don't let anyone in a lot.
Shisko Shi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:42 AM   #2
mrsticky005

mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Why does everyone disgregard some things in the Bible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shisko Shi View Post
Ok it has been proven that things have been taken out of the bible, But and this is a big but. Why does evryone say 'Oh God is a wonderful person and wouldn't hurt a fly' He friken destroid the old Isreal for defing him.

Ok I am a Christian, but some things confuse me. I am really about to go to church stand up and say things like that. People don't seems to see the Bible the way it is. I know I don't, but nobody explains this in church. Just like the one with out sin be the one to throw the stone. That I think might be judgment. I don't know, but thinks like isreal and why is satan only banished for x amount of years after ruling the world. And why does everyone say christmas is a christian holiday? Fist off, it isn't. Their is no proof what so ever that Jeseus was born on the 25th of dec. Some think it was in Aug.

It has no meaning any more, it is all christmas lights and trees with presents. Why not make it if you are a christain to help the homeless and give away some food or money. I mean do you really need presents? I think anyone not just christians should celibrate this holiday, because it have no meaning to Jesues anymore. Same with easter, what the heck is the rabbite and eggs for?

Simple. Because a God that "wouldn't hurt a fly" sells better than
the one in the Bible. People don't really read the Bible and really
it's a bit of a challenge to do so. Then some who do read it see
the passages of a God that appears shall we say not so all-loving
and they are repulsed by it. Which when you think about it is a
pretty natural reaction. The bible gives it to you raw.
It does not sugar coat.

What honest Christian ISN'T confused by some things?

There's a lot of worthless "churches" out there.

Interesting questions I'll have to get back to you on those.

True Christmas and Easter are in no way Christian holidays.
But I don't think it's really problematic that people celebrate
them as so.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Spam once and the forum will be annoyed.
Spam twice and warnings will be deployed
Spam thrice and a infraction you will receive
Spam 8,984 times and a FAIL Agent you''ll soon be.

...At least in my case.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
mrsticky005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:02 PM   #3
Souret
Special Jonin Candidate

Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Souret

The bible isn't actually an acurate representation of original christianity. Christianity became far more militaristic after Constintine made it the official religion of the Roman empire. People like Augustine created theodicies involving original since a Constintine scrapped large abounts of the orriginal scripts in order to give the church more control. Not all of the bible will make sence due to the not only the culling of some of the books but also because whenever something is written by many different people you will not get complete consistency. Also it is hard for people to tell which parts of the bible are parables and which are suposedly based on fact.

As far as Christmas is concerned the 25th of December was chosen as Christians wanted to celebrate the birth of Jesus but did not know the real date. For this reason they chose and already important date.
Christmas has become far more of a cultural event rather than a relegious one there are still families who treat christmas as a time for giving to those who need it, but modern society has turned it into something for all people not just Christians, hence many atheists celebrate it anyway.

I apologise for my most likely atrocious spelling and grammar

Souret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:16 PM   #4
Shisko Shi
Special Jonin Candidate

Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Oh it is fine, It helps alot.

You're captain of the football team and are heavily involved in other sports. You actually get pretty decent grades, but most people don't know that. Most girls really really REALLY want to date you, but you don't notice or care for them. They're just fangirls. Like Sasuke.
You have a cool headed manner, and it almost appears as serious. When you're out in the games playing, you're just as serious but extremely aggressive. This is what leads the NDF football team to victory (lol in reality the team would suck ass but lets just imagine it otherwise)
You're popular and a lot of people look up to you and see you as most likely to win "Best All Around" in the yearbook. You walk into a party and everyone shouts "AYYY IT'S COLLIIIIIN" and you get attacked by high fives by your teammates and crew and hugs by desperate females. But most people don't know a lot about you personally because you don't let anyone in a lot.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:32 PM   #5
WishfulFairie
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: In my own little world that's in my own little head
WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Spoiler:
Quote:
From what I've been taught and what I think....is that, yeah, God was an angry person...but he, in a way, "grew" from that and Jesus was here to tell us that...he isn't a meanie anymore...

Quote:
Ok I am a Christian, but some things confuse me. I am really about to go to church stand up and say things like that. People don't seems to see the Bible the way it is. I know I don't, but nobody explains this in church. Just like the one with out sin be the one to throw the stone. That I think might be judgment. I don't know, but thinks like isreal and why is satan only banished for x amount of years after ruling the world. And why does everyone say christmas is a christian holiday? Fist off, it isn't. Their is no proof what so ever that Jeseus was born on the 25th of dec. Some think it was in Aug
The he who is without sin cast the first stone, means since we are all born with sin, we have no right to judge others. And true..no one knows what date Jesus was born in. But if people want to celebrate it as a Christian holiday, they can.

Quote:
Well of course it has no meaning anymore. How else are business's supposed to make their money? Also, a majority of people are materialistic and everyone would like to get something. So it's not really a surprise this happened. But not everyone [completely] forgot that Jesus is the reason for the season (my school so funny). And people do give out money or do charitable work. Plus schools do drives (be it food/toys).
For the Easter thing...I never understood it. I guess the eggs symboliz new life like Jesus' ressurrection...(?)
Quote:
Meh. It's fine. Plus you have to remember, most of the things written down in the Bible is exaggerated and it contains both myths and legends. That's just how things were written back then. So it's best to take things with a pinch of salt. Also, there's no real way to explain to this. Everyone has their own interpretation of the Bible.
There are some things I may or may not agree with in the teachings, but others do.

And also whatever Souret said

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny
well, war babies come from war, nerd babies from from trees, peace babies come from birds, ect
WishfulFairie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:34 PM   #6
Obito
Special Jonin Candidate

Obito completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Obito completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Obito completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Obito completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Obito completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Obito completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Obito completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Obito completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Obito completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Obito completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Obito completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Obito completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Every religion has their "God" every god to every religion is differential compared to other religions.

Obito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:49 PM   #7
TheTrueMasterofIllusions
Special Jonin Candidate

TheTrueMasterofIllusions has a spectacular chakra aura going on.TheTrueMasterofIllusions has a spectacular chakra aura going on.TheTrueMasterofIllusions has a spectacular chakra aura going on.TheTrueMasterofIllusions has a spectacular chakra aura going on.TheTrueMasterofIllusions has a spectacular chakra aura going on.TheTrueMasterofIllusions has a spectacular chakra aura going on.
Send a message via Yahoo to TheTrueMasterofIllusions Send a message via Skype™ to TheTrueMasterofIllusions

Cause I said so...
Annie(Anathema),
Bella(Bell), Byakugan(Bya),
Hinata(Hina), Naruto fan10!(Naru),
Storm50(Stormbringer), Abe Uzumaki(Abs),King Kakashi(Mushu), George
TheTrueMasterofIllusions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:55 PM   #8
Shisko Shi
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Well, I have read Revelations alot and I saw smething that is like what!

It says after all the destruction Satan or Lucifer will be sealed for X amount of years, I cna't remember I think 10k but why only so many years?

Old 01-08-2013, 02:58 PM   #9
WishfulFairie
Special Jonin Candidate

WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Well, I have read Revelations alot and I saw smething that is like what!

It says after all the destruction Satan or Lucifer will be sealed for X amount of years, I cna't remember I think 10k but why only so many years?
I heard it's because that after he gets out (I guess God wanted to give him one more chance at being good?), he tries to take over one more time. God wins again and then the world finally ends for sure, no more tries and we're judged one last time. Because Heaven and Hell can only so many souls

Quote:
well, war babies come from war, nerd babies from from trees, peace babies come from birds, ect
Old 01-08-2013, 03:10 PM   #10
Maikeru D. Shinigami
Super High School Level Narcissist
Quasi-Admin

Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via MSN to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via Yahoo to Maikeru D. Shinigami

I don't view the bible as a book of laws. I see it as a book of motivational stories.

There are a lot of 'laws' God created that you would find ludicrous if someone tried to make them so now.

Take for instance God telling Abraham to sacrifice his son Isaac. Who the hell would go with the idea of sacrificing their son if someone just told them to?

Or how about when God told Samson to never cut his hair or he would lose his power. Who would actually think that losing hair would cause one to lose power?

What about the story of Lot's wife? She was told not to turn back and look at Sodom and Gomorrah or she would be turned to salt. Who would honestly believe that from anyone?

It's not a book of laws, it's a book of stories about God testing his believer's faith. Judas denied Jesus and failed his test. Adam and Eve partook of the fruit and failed their test. Noah passed his test by building an arc.

These are all instances of God giving laws to individuals to test their faith. They are not instances of God making concrete laws that everyone has to follow.

YouTube:
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Last edited by Maikeru D. Shinigami; 01-08-2013 at 03:16 PM.
Maikeru D. Shinigami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:14 PM   #11
WishfulFairie
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

^^^^^What Maik said.

Quote:
Old 01-08-2013, 05:41 PM   #12
mrsticky005

mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishfulFairie View Post

I heard it's because that after he gets out (I guess God wanted to give him one more chance at being good?), he tries to take over one more time. God wins again and then the world finally ends for sure, no more tries and we're judged one last time. Because Heaven and Hell can only so many souls
If you notice it never actually says God releases Satan from his prison.

I think instead...it will be people who commit this deed.

Of course God will allow it. Why? Free Will.

If God does not allow Satan to be released then it is the equivalent
of forced worship. However I do not think God will open up Satan's
cage and let him loose as then that would be equivalent to God
deceiving the people. Instead the people decide they rather
worship Satan then God and God allows it. Satan and his
followers do battle with God and lose.

...At least in my case.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:42 PM   #13
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

I'd just like to think that people just enjoy to twist religion and holy texts to match their beliefs and try to use it out of context as proof of their convictions' accuracy.
Shikamaru Nara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:10 PM   #14
mrsticky005

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru Nara View Post
I'd just like to think that people just enjoy to twist religion and holy texts to match their beliefs and try to use it out of context as proof of their convictions' accuracy.
This is sadly true.

...At least in my case.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:49 PM   #15
Shisko Shi
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Who me?

Old 01-09-2013, 12:11 AM   #16
mrsticky005

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Who me?
Not particularly but I think to degree we're all guilty of it in some way.

What I mean is I think we all do things we know are wrong
and we try to rationalize them away and think it's okay to do.

For instance we might lie to avoid trouble.
We will tell ourselves it was ok to lie
even if we know it is actually not.

It's a small example and you may think
what's the big deal of one measly lie?
Well actually...nothing really.

However the problem arises when we make such things
a habit. When we go from lying to becoming a liar.
Eventually it will cause us problems and sometimes
it will lead to worse things.

Many people think that being a good moral person is as simple
as not murdering others. But I don't think it works like that.
I don't think a good person suddenly decides to murder someone.
There is a process that first occurs and there is a build up of
moral compromise that eventually leads to murder.

Now don't get the wrong idea and think I'm saying if
you lie then you'll grow up to be a murderer.
But realize every time you do wrong and rationalize
it as being ok you open doors to doing more wrong.

The more doors you open the harder it becomes to draw the line.

...At least in my case.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:14 AM   #17
Sage six paths
Ninja Academy Student

Sage six paths is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to Sage six paths

In my case i disregard the bible because it does not need to change your life for example if your family is catholic so what? it doesn't mean you have to be. you can be whatever you believe in. or even be a more logical person.
Sage six paths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:15 AM   #18
JLI2infinity
Chunin Exam Proctor

JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

*Peaks head in the door*

I'm just gonna leave this here

^Just Click on the Box for some reason the thumbnail isn't showing up.

*Slowly backs away*
JLI2infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:35 AM   #19
Akatsuki_Fighter
Genin

Akatsuki_Fighter has completed a tough C-rank mission!Akatsuki_Fighter has completed a tough C-rank mission!Akatsuki_Fighter has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Quote:

Awesome post, dude. Yeah it does really bother me too that people disregard or sugarcoat certain things in the Bible. Actually, those disregards are what made me think all Christians are hypocrites and I wanted nothing to do with them. But I learned that there are still legitimate people out there who ask and answer similar questions, both for themselves and others. There are many false or misled churches out there, but there are still good Bible-teaching churches out there.
As for things being removed from the Bible, I'm not so sure about that. I personally haven't researched the Bible's history of translation and I plan to, but my pastor who I trust tells me that there has been nothing added or subtracted to the Bible; that everything is the same all the way to the original Hebrew manuscripts. Unless a particular church "doctored" the Bible? Either way, i'd like to hear more on this. (And I'm not one to believe something because "it is written," I just trust the Bible as the truth after learning about it so long.)
And you're right about it being bull that "God wouldn't hurt a fly." God IS love and He doesn't want to hurt anyone, sure, but He's not afraid to dish out tough love or punishment if it is deserved. I was reading Proverbs the other day, and Solomon explained it very well: "My child, don't reject the Lord's discipline, and don't be upset when he corrects you. For the Lord corrects those he loves, just as a father corrects a child in whom he delights" (3: 11-12). And there are people who blame God for suffering in this world, or they at least question why. God doesn't do this and he doesn't wish suffering on us; it's Satan who does this. People also ask why God doesn't stop it. The answer is that God's waiting for the right opportunity when the last person that chooses him does so. I will admit, though, that I don't know much about the Old Testament and that I feel like God was more harsh back then (although my heart has been put as to the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah.) But my opinion may change the more I learn about it.
Also, with Satan being banished for limited time rather than eternity, I dunno who told ya that but you can rest assured that it will be eternity. Some people think it's unfair that people will be in Hell for eternity, but when you think about it, Hell wasn't made for us, it was made for Satan, and his prison is needs to be an eternal one. Anything less would be unfair because then we'd have to be subject to his evil again.
Finally, I'd have to disagree and say that Christmas IS a Christian holiday. You're right that nobody really knows in what season Jesus was born and that the holiday has become so secularized that most people have forgotten the meaning of the holiday, but think about it this way: Christmas is just a celebration of the birth of Jesus; it doesn't matter when it happened. And even though people have made the holiday what it's not, it doesn't mean YOU have to do it that way too (same for Easter). As for me, I like the whole Santa and Easter Bunny stuff, but I just don't want it to take the spotlight, ya know? And celebrate in the way you think glorifies God. Think you should do charity or missions work instead of presents? Go ahead. Want to get the family gifts to show your appreciation? Go ahead. Both? Go ahead. It's all in the Christian spirit! (Sorry for the long post. Hope I helped and I'll be to answer more if you have anything.)

"Yuuta, I love how wide open you were."
-Rikka Takanashi
Akatsuki_Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 04:57 PM   #20
Alter2Ego
Ninja Academy Student

Alter2Ego is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
ALTER2EGO -to- SHISKO SHI:
God definitely is wonderful. The fact that he allows rebellious humans to continue to exist and provides for us whether we deserve it or not is proof of that.

"that you may prove yourselves sons of your Father who is in the heavens, since he makes his sun rise upon wicked people and good and makes it rain upon righteous people and unrighteous." (Matthew 5:45)

That part about him not hurting a fly is not based upon what the Bible says. As you stated above, he executed the ancient Israelites for defying him. Why do you find that objectionable?

Last edited by Alter2Ego; 06-20-2013 at 04:24 PM.
Alter2Ego is offline   Reply With Quote