Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Manga Discussion

Naruto Manga Discussion All the latest discussions about the Naruto manga (beware, spoilers abound).

Old 01-06-2013, 03:37 PM   #21
Maruko
Special Jonin Candidate

Maruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFKMaruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFK
Maruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFKMaruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFK

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Hinata Could Be Tobi's Next Target: WHY?

If he wants Naruto to feel the same pain, yeah, he should attack Hinata.
Maruko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:24 PM   #22
kalmeast
April's Member of the Month

kalmeast is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.kalmeast is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
kalmeast is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.kalmeast is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.kalmeast is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

^ seriously, i think instead of just wanting naruto to feel the same pein, he wants naruto to see things the way he did after Rin died... He feels naruto is just naive...

But perhaps if naruto still maintains his nindo after Hinata is taken, Tobi's resolve would have been strongly challenged...

Naruto chp 666 features the Sage Of The 6 Paths.
kalmeast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:11 PM   #23
SilentBlade
Special Jonin Candidate

SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

hmm...I just don't know! It seams like if something like that were to happen it should have happened, and Neji shouldn't have been the person to die. His dying was actually bringing his character development full circle, which was great!

Here is where I wonder though..He wants Naruto to see it his way, but does he care? I mean, lets face it, Tobi's motive is weak, and by weak I mean its like an infant lifting a car weak. At this point, I would hope that Kishi would hope that people sort of stopped thinking about Obito's motive because of how bad it was!

I guess my line of thinking from that point on would be that Obito's character development just didn't happen right, it wasn't bad that he was Tobi, but the development was rushed. To try to justify it that way wouldn't help it, it would just make people re-examine it and continue to realize how bad it is...What would be better would be if the events he saw with Naruto would be something to trigger a flash back that would (perhaps) create a better character development clarification to make Obito's character development smoother.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SilentBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:32 PM   #24
nine-tails chakra armor
Apprentice Genin

nine-tails chakra armor saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Ok havnt read all post but. I love Hinata of all the girl characters she's the most caring not just to naruto but everyone. She will be targeted but only because obits sees naruto cares for her. Let's say Sakura saves naruto she's next. Obits aim is to take those closest to naruto. Hinata dying will make mejia death in vein everyone who said that are not paying attention yea he did it for her but also naruto to the hyuga family it would be a waste but even if Hinata dies nevis death lit a spark for everyone. If she dies I know what will happen. I bet we see a host transformation from naruto. Watch what happened with pain. When naruto scans the village and ask tsunade if kakashi is away and realizes he's dead he doesn't flip out but when Hinata is offed in front of him he goes berserk to the lvl of almost unleashing the 9 tails but we can say thanks to dad for it not happening.everyone may think naruto just started having feeling for Hinata but he's had them from the beginning of shippuden. If he didn't he wouldn't have reacted that way. I'm mean even one of the toad saved were killed and naruto wiped that off like dirt on his shoulders. So she will be targeted and if anything her death will change the war.But my real thoughts she better not die that's a real low blow to the girl who's always had narutos back. But if she has to die atleast let someone else die first.lol like Shino, ten ten or kiba
nine-tails chakra armor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:03 PM   #25
Sir Michael
Sir Of The Forums

Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.
Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.

If this happens.

Every time they show Obito and Madara's face. I will sneak in Office Kishi and write those giant curly 1920 Mustaches on them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sir Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:11 PM   #26
ItachiKisame
Special Jonin Candidate

ItachiKisame completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.ItachiKisame completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.ItachiKisame completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.ItachiKisame completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.ItachiKisame completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.ItachiKisame completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.ItachiKisame completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.ItachiKisame completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.ItachiKisame completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.ItachiKisame completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.ItachiKisame completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.ItachiKisame completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.ItachiKisame completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.ItachiKisame completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.ItachiKisame completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

Im sure more people will die but I doubt Hinata will be one of them I don't know why people think that just because of whats going on right now. Apparently everyone thought Bee was gonna die during the jinchuriki fight all cause of him transforming but it didn't happen. Im sure Naruto will make sure Hinata doesn't die whether she is a big target or not.
ItachiKisame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:13 PM   #27
Sir Michael
Sir Of The Forums

Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.

Kishi doesn't have the guts to kill off Hinata. Tbh. I was surprised to see Neji die.

Old 01-06-2013, 09:14 PM   #28
ItachiKisame
Special Jonin Candidate

ItachiKisame completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.ItachiKisame completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.ItachiKisame completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.ItachiKisame completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.ItachiKisame completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.ItachiKisame completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.ItachiKisame completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.ItachiKisame completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.ItachiKisame completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.ItachiKisame completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.ItachiKisame completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.ItachiKisame completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.ItachiKisame completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.ItachiKisame completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.ItachiKisame completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

I was told that Hinata is one of his favorite characters im sure he won't kill her off.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:20 PM   #29
Sir Michael
Sir Of The Forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItachiKisame View Post
I was told that Hinata is one of his favorite characters im sure he won't kill her off.
If she is, i HIGHLY doubt it.

Old 01-06-2013, 09:22 PM   #30
ItachiKisame
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Michael View Post
If she is, i HIGHLY doubt it.
Yeah she is and same we know Sasuke is one of his favorites and he hasn't had him killed off so far at least. Though he could die in the end since he is one of the main enemies now but anything can happen I guess.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:27 AM   #31
koshej
Veteran Chunin

koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Hinata COULD be the next target - if Tobito even has time to pick his targets.
I mean, there are more attackers out there - and they should start doing something active.
I'm quite sure, Gai/Lee are attacking next, not only to avenge Neji, but cause they're that cool/strong.
Also, Kakashi is really getting angry, thus he won't sit on his butt for too long anymore.
And Bee, and maybe someone else.
So, I'm not even sure that Tobito will be able to get picky.
As of Hinata dying to trigger Naruto's reaction.
Two reasons for "not really":
1. He just now realized, how important Hinata is to him - unlike Obito loving Rin for a while.
Simply won't warrant the SAME reaction type.
2. On the totally opposite reasoning, Obito's main point sounds like "Why Naruto let his friends die, when he said he wouldn't?"
Which means that Neji fully qualifies for the task being accomplished (cue 615's SLAP), with no need for further testing, simply cause it wouldn't be as effective, but just enrage Naruto per se.
Which isn't what Obito would want to TEST.
Anyways, I'm 100% Hinata won't die (and yes, cue fan outrage), but she could be targeted by some strong personal jutsu.
OR we rather see NaruHina on the OFFENSIVE - something I'm really eager to see ASAP.
koshej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:21 AM   #32
Kyūbi no Yōko
Special Jonin Candidate

Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.
Send a message via Skype™ to Kyūbi no Yōko

Or maybe he'll put Naruto in such a situation where he has to choose one life to save.

Sakura or Hinata.

And kal don't dodge this one, I've had some other replies in other theories and you didn't even reply to them

Welcome to reality.

~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~

universe.
Kyūbi no Yōko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:37 AM   #33
Rikudo Sage
Chunin Exam Participant

Rikudo Sage finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Rikudo Sage finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Rikudo Sage finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Rikudo Sage finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Rikudo Sage finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Rikudo Sage finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Rikudo Sage finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Rikudo Sage finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Rikudo Sage finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Rikudo Sage finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Sakura would fit rather. Sakura is reflection of Rin. If Obito would like to test how will Naruto react if the one he love dies and if Obito wants to see Naruto's resolve then killing or targetting Sakura would be the logical choice.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:05 AM   #34
Kyūbi no Yōko
Special Jonin Candidate

Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikudo Sage View Post
Sakura would fit rather. Sakura is reflection of Rin. If Obito would like to test how will Naruto react if the one he love dies and if Obito wants to see Naruto's resolve then killing or targetting Sakura would be the logical choice.
And it would be a recreation of the past. (Team 7 resembles Team Minato)

I thought of that too, but there's something that doesn't fit.

Kakashi CARED for Rin and Obito.
Sasuke doesn't CARE as much as Kakashi did for Naruto and Sakura.

////

Guys could you spare some time reading this thread that regards Juubi's creation.
Juubi's Creation

Welcome to reality.

universe.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:43 AM   #35
SilentBlade
Special Jonin Candidate

SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyūbi no Yōko View Post
And it would be a recreation of the past. (Team 7 resembles Team Minato)

I thought of that too, but there's something that doesn't fit.

Kakashi CARED for Rin and Obito.
Sasuke doesn't CARE as much as Kakashi did for Naruto and Sakura.

////

Guys could you spare some time reading this thread that regards Juubi's creation.
Juubi's Creation
I disagree with this actually. When Sasuke left, he understood and appreciated that Sakura was trying hard to make life good for him in the village. He even thanked her before he cold conked her!

Being consumed by revenge doesn't necessarily preclude him from losing his old identity. The idea here is that Sakura would be a better comparison to Rin because Rin is to Obito what Sakura has always been to Naruto, that crush that was just out of reach and attracted to an apparently "cool" guy that feigned interest.

Now, Do i think Sakura will actually die? No, however its hard to get into Obito's psyche because his particular character has been fleshed out so poorly and his motives are just so sketchy they need a LOT of work. If Kishi were to give us more clarity, take those rough spots for Obito and smooth out his motives slightly, THEN we can take a shot at getting into his head...for now whats in there is like the dimensional shift he creates...a black hole of plot holes that go to another dimension.

Old 01-07-2013, 05:40 PM   #36
Sir Michael
Sir Of The Forums

-Obito kills Hinata-
Naruto: NO!
Madara: Obito, i don't think he liked her.
Obito: Oh. My bad.
-Obito kills Ino-
Obito: There.
Naruto: OH MY GOD!
Madara: Obito. Your not getting it. Who has he seemed to like the most?
Obito: -Sigh-
-10 Minutes Later-
-Obito Kills Tenten-
Obito: Okay.... She SEEMED to be your type?
Naruto: STOP DOING THIS!!
Madara: Obito. Your a idiot.
Obito: WHAT ABOUT THE PINK HAIRED ONE!
Naruto: OH GOD NO

Old 01-07-2013, 07:07 PM   #37
Kyūbi no Yōko
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentBlade View Post
I disagree with this actually. When Sasuke left, he understood and appreciated that Sakura was trying hard to make life good for him in the village. He even thanked her before he cold conked her!

Being consumed by revenge doesn't necessarily preclude him from losing his old identity. The idea here is that Sakura would be a better comparison to Rin because Rin is to Obito what Sakura has always been to Naruto, that crush that was just out of reach and attracted to an apparently "cool" guy that feigned interest.

Now, Do i think Sakura will actually die? No, however its hard to get into Obito's psyche because his particular character has been fleshed out so poorly and his motives are just so sketchy they need a LOT of work. If Kishi were to give us more clarity, take those rough spots for Obito and smooth out his motives slightly, THEN we can take a shot at getting into his head...for now whats in there is like the dimensional shift he creates...a black hole of plot holes that go to another dimension.
Sasuke was cold since the beginning. Since he joined Team 7.
Sasuke literally doesn't care about Sakura really much, while Obito thought of both of them when he was locked.

Welcome to reality.

universe.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:14 AM   #38
Sir Michael
Sir Of The Forums

Quote:
Sasuke was cold since the beginning. Since he joined Team 7.
Sasuke literally doesn't care about Sakura really much, while Obito thought of both of them when he was locked.
True.

Sasuke never really "cared" about his team. However he kinda felt for them sometimes.

Old 01-08-2013, 03:47 AM   #39
Kyūbi no Yōko
Special Jonin Candidate

Sometimes and always are very different.
Obito always felt for his team, cared for them.
Sasuke rarely did.

Welcome to reality.

universe.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:34 AM   #40
SilentBlade
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Sometimes and always are very different.
Obito always felt for his team, cared for them.
Sasuke rarely did.
I would disagree with that, in the earlier chapters you could tell, he cared for his team, even up to the day he left, the decision was one he felt he had to make! It was only after his time with Orochimaru that it seamed like he grew completely cold.