Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Great Off-Topica > Off-Topic

Off-Topic For anything under the sun that won't fit elsewhere!

Old 01-01-2013, 08:07 AM   #41
Hakuren
Chunin Exam Participant

Hakuren has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Hakuren has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Hakuren has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Hakuren has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Hakuren has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Hakuren has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Hakuren has a spectacular chakra aura going on.
Default Re: Japanese Discussion thread

Since we are on the topic of numbers. I'd like to bring this up; (yoo, another lesson)

Sore wa nan desu ka?
(What is that?)
Sore means "that" (the object near the person whom you are speaking with). Nan is the question word for "what" in the sentence. Wa is a topic marker. Ka marks the sentence as a question.

Kore wa chizu desu.
(This is a map.)
Kore means "this" (the object near the speaker) Chizu is also a word for "map".

Ikura desu ka?
(How much does it cost?)
Ikura meaning how much, as in the cost of an object or material.

Chizu wa ichimai nihyaku en desu.
(It costs 200 Yen for one map.)
Ichi is the number one, and mai is the counter for flat objects like paper.
There are many different counters for many different things. Nihyaku is the
number two hundred, ni being two and hyaku being hundred. En is the word for Yen, I have no idea why they are different, but that's how it goes.

Some people see me as an embodiment of hell, an embodiment of reality, or an embodiment of truth. Pick your poison.
Hakuren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:09 AM   #42
Maruko
Special Jonin Candidate

Maruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFKMaruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFK
Maruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFKMaruko --after fourteen consecutive terms as Kage of the forums--has at last decided to step down and become one with the universe. AFK

Awards Showcase

TIME

Byou = Second
Bun = Minute
Jikan = Hour
Hi = Day
Tsuki = Month
Nen = Year

Last edited by Maruko; 01-02-2013 at 08:02 AM.
Maruko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:17 PM   #43
Hakuren
Chunin Exam Participant

Hakuren has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Hakuren has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Hakuren has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Hakuren has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Hakuren has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Hakuren has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Hakuren has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

I've just found my japanese ~important~ notes, usually about pronunciation...

I'll start off with the 'n' and 'g' factors.

The only consonant to have a kana is /n/ - ん (hiragana) | ン (katakana).

The n is only pronounced like it's usual sound at the end of the word. (Example: shin, jun, -kun, -chan, -san)

However, if the /n/ is placed before a consonant, it is pronounced like m. Huge example being senpai. The correct spelling is that, however the pronunciation will sound like 'sempai'. Hope that is clear!

On pronouncing 'g'. In Japanese, there is no "gee" sound (as in wage, generation, ginger). It is pronounced like the g in goat, mug, gift, Nagato, Ryouga, Ginkaku.

I have more notes, but I'll write them up later.

Some people see me as an embodiment of hell, an embodiment of reality, or an embodiment of truth. Pick your poison.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:29 PM   #44
Maruko
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Some of the most basic words used in anime

Shine! = Die! (Command)
Korosu = kill
Kono = This (as in: Kono akuma wa tsuyoi da - this devil is strong)
Kore = This (as in: Kore wa ore no chikara da - This is my power)
Sore = That
Dare = who
Akuma = devil
Bakemono = monster/demon
Tsuyoi = Strong
Yowai = Weak
Mada = still
Hai = yes
Iie = no
Arigatou = thanks
Chikara = strenght
Chikusho = Damn it!
Daijobu = OK
Hayai = fast
Ii = good
Iku = to go
Kami = God
Kawaii = Cute
Masaka = it can't be!
Nani = what?
Nigeru = To run away
Tasukeru = To save/help
Old 01-05-2013, 12:51 PM   #45
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato
Aiding Kakashi, Yamato, & Iruka

Location: Konohagakure, with the people dearest to me. Aiding Kakashi on the battlefield and saving Yamato!
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

kun. Usually for young boys
chan usually for females
san. Usually for seniors or more respectful
Sama. More respectful

Kakashi~

\ \ \ \
l\^ ^/l
Yamato~

, / \\
,\^^/
\\---// thnx Edyl
Iruka~

カカシ, ヤマト, イルカ! 愛してる~!
03-02, 13:09 The Immortal Watch Dog
You got Daph Rice, everyone got her
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
She's one of my psycho's
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
she's Cults banner girl
[1/7/2014 9:25:36 AM] Tuus Deus(CoP): I know Daph spends all her time staring at Kakashi pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cult of Personality
Kakashi pretending to get stabbed by Obito because he's such a nice guy and doesn't want Obito to feel about about sucking so much
Quote:
I would just like you to know that I am awesome.
Quote:
All days are Cult Day.
Quote:
I disagree. The best way to get rep from Daph is to be me.
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:59 PM   #46
Maruko
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi Hatake_Daphne Lu View Post
kun. Usually for young boys
chan usually for females
san. Usually for seniors or more respectful
Sama. More respectful
Call me Senpai.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:11 PM   #47
athoatho
Veteran Chunin

athoatho is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.athoatho is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.athoatho is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.athoatho is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

some grammars : the sequence of the words in the Japanese sentence :
subject-object- verb
desu=is
ka indicate question ( neko desu ka ) means ( is it a cat ? )
Everything that's really worthwhile in life comes to us free - our minds, our souls, our bodies, our hopes, our dreams, our intelligence, our love of family and friends and country. All of these priceless possessions are free."
~Earl Nightingale
" Don't cry, Sasuke. Your big brother is here to protect you, no matter what happens." (うちはイタチ, Uchiha Itachi)
athoatho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:27 PM   #48
Maruko
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

^Reminds me of Luffy and Ace learning how to welcome someone.

KIsama, dare desu ka?''
Old 01-05-2013, 01:37 PM   #49
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato

Location: Konohagakure, with the people dearest to me. Aiding Kakashi on the battlefield and saving Yamato!
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

heheh. That was funny

Ace: "Who the hell are you."

While trying to learn manners from Makino. She was teaching him how to politely greet others.

Kakashi~

\ \ \ \
l\^ ^/l
Yamato~

, / \\
,\^^/
\\---// thnx Edyl
Iruka~

カカシ, ヤマト, イルカ! 愛してる~!
She's one of my psycho's
she's Cults banner girl
[1/7/2014 9:25:36 AM] Tuus Deus(CoP): I know Daph spends all her time staring at Kakashi pictures

Quote:
Kakashi pretending to get stabbed by Obito because he's such a nice guy and doesn't want Obito to feel about about sucking so much
Quote:
Quote:
All days are Cult Day.
Quote:
Old 01-05-2013, 02:17 PM   #50
narutogirl13
Special Jonin Candidate

narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Cool, can i join?

Yoroshiku minnasan! (nice to meet you everyone!)

1. Crair Uchiha
2. Ninja Pink
3. joon61
4. Ninyn
5. Souret
6. Shinagato
7. Rogue Uchiha18
8. Stormy_Uchiha
9. Shisko Shi
10. Gaara-Shukaku
11. The sage of the six paths
narutogirl13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 03:00 PM   #51
Hakuren
Chunin Exam Participant

Hai! Yoroshiku!

And on another random note...anybody ever wonder where the infamous word "baka" comes from? It actually was a sort of jargon developed by monks and it consists of the chacters: ば・うま (ba/uma, meaning horse) and か・しか (ka/shika, meaning deer). Now why on earth would horse-deer mean idiot? The actual entomology comes from a an old saying that a person who cannot discern the difference between a horse and a dear must be slow in the head. For some variety in your Japanese word list, try using "Aho" (the Osaka dialect equivalent of baka).

At least from what I've heard. There's, of course, some other similar stories about horse-deer and baka relations.

Old 01-05-2013, 03:20 PM   #52
athoatho
Veteran Chunin

athoatho is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.athoatho is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.athoatho is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.athoatho is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakuren View Post
Hai! Yoroshiku!

And on another random note...anybody ever wonder where the infamous word "baka" comes from? It actually was a sort of jargon developed by monks and it consists of the chacters: ば・うま (ba/uma, meaning horse) and か・しか (ka/shika, meaning deer). Now why on earth would horse-deer mean idiot? The actual entomology comes from a an old saying that a person who cannot discern the difference between a horse and a dear must be slow in the head. For some variety in your Japanese word list, try using "Aho" (the Osaka dialect equivalent of baka).

At least from what I've heard. There's, of course, some other similar stories about horse-deer and baka relations.
very nice information !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Everything that's really worthwhile in life comes to us free - our minds, our souls, our bodies, our hopes, our dreams, our intelligence, our love of family and friends and country. All of these priceless possessions are free."
~Earl Nightingale
" Don't cry, Sasuke. Your big brother is here to protect you, no matter what happens." (うちはイタチ, Uchiha Itachi)
athoatho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:41 AM   #53
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato

Awards Showcase

Kyo wa kaze ga tsuyoi desu.

Kakashi~

\ \ \ \
l\^ ^/l
Yamato~

, / \\
,\^^/
\\---// thnx Edyl
Iruka~

カカシ, ヤマト, イルカ! 愛してる~!
She's one of my psycho's
she's Cults banner girl

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
All days are Cult Day.
Quote:
Old 01-07-2013, 11:39 AM   #54
Maruko
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Ore wa mada mada tsuyoku nare!
Old 01-07-2013, 05:48 PM   #55
narutogirl13
Special Jonin Candidate

narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.narutogirl13 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Watashi wa sukoshi tsukarete iru. *yawns*

1. Crair Uchiha
2. Ninja Pink
3. joon61
4. Ninyn
5. Souret
6. Shinagato
7. Rogue Uchiha18
8. Stormy_Uchiha
9. Shisko Shi
10. Gaara-Shukaku
11. The sage of the six paths
narutogirl13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:05 AM   #56
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato

Awards Showcase

onaka suita.....
(Hungry.......)

Kakashi~

\ \ \ \
l\^ ^/l
Yamato~

, / \\
,\^^/
\\---// thnx Edyl
Iruka~

カカシ, ヤマト, イルカ! 愛してる~!
She's one of my psycho's
she's Cults banner girl

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
All days are Cult Day.
Quote:
Old 05-26-2013, 02:52 AM   #57
TheBeastMode
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: Foundation of the Konoha/Sai fanclub Owner/Miley Cyrus fanclub Owner.
TheBeastMode is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.TheBeastMode is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.TheBeastMode is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.TheBeastMode is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.TheBeastMode is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.TheBeastMode is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.TheBeastMode is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.TheBeastMode is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.TheBeastMode is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.TheBeastMode is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.TheBeastMode is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.TheBeastMode is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.TheBeastMode is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.TheBeastMode is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Join

Hey, I know japanese.
こにちわ、
New Naruto game is coming!

(Miley Cyrus/Destiny Cyrus= Music Hero Queen)
Quote:
Dear Beastmode,
I love the way you twerk on the forums. I love when you run your fingers through my hair. I love how much you love Miley. I love your beastly breath.
I love you.

-Pink

Last edited by TheBeastMode; 05-26-2013 at 02:59 PM.
TheBeastMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 11:21 PM   #58
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato

Awards Showcase

Ah yes. The time when it was just mainly Hakuren's and i

Kakashi~

\ \ \ \
l\^ ^/l
Yamato~

, / \\
,\^^/
\\---// thnx Edyl
Iruka~

カカシ, ヤマト, イルカ! 愛してる~!
She's one of my psycho's
she's Cults banner girl

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
All days are Cult Day.
Quote:
Old 05-26-2013, 11:31 PM   #59
TheBeastMode
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: Foundation of the Konoha/Sai fanclub Owner/Miley Cyrus fanclub Owner.
TheBeastMode is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.TheBeastMode is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.TheBeastMode is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.TheBeastMode is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.TheBeastMode is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.TheBeastMode is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.TheBeastMode is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.TheBeastMode is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.TheBeastMode is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.TheBeastMode is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.TheBeastMode is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.TheBeastMode is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.TheBeastMode is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.TheBeastMode is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

?????????
http://forum.naruto.viz.com/showthread.php?t=131140
New Naruto game is coming!

(Miley Cyrus/Destiny Cyrus= Music Hero Queen)
Quote:
Dear Beastmode,
I love the way you twerk on the forums. I love when you run your fingers through my hair. I love how much you love Miley. I love your beastly breath.
I love you.

-Pink
TheBeastMode is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
japanese, nihongo