Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Battlegrounds Versus Debates > Battlegrounds HQ

Battlegrounds HQ The headquarters of the debating area. Introduce yourself here, get to know other Battlegrounds, and discuss the details and events of the BG.

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 01:54 PM   #81
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: BG convo #68 : It's just a jump to the left....

sure i don't see why not

of course the first part of the title must never change Official BG convo then whatever one of us makes the five hundreth

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-28-2012, 03:05 PM   #82
WishfulFairie
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: In my own little world that's in my own little head
WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Strange magic IWD speaks of
strange magic indeed I don't really care what you guys do

and watchdoggie, I'm pretty sure I can get over Richard's morality crisis. As long as i still gets my Cara, I'm good

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny
well, war babies come from war, nerd babies from from trees, peace babies come from birds, ect
Old 12-28-2012, 04:08 PM   #83
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

How you doing on the lord of the rings?

you might try wheel of time as well

Though I think Wooster hates it, and I know I do but for your age..the inheritance saga

Old 12-28-2012, 04:16 PM   #84
WishfulFairie
Special Jonin Candidate

WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

I'm enjoying it so far.

the wheel of time and the inheritance sage...hmm...*adds to my wishlist*

EDIT:
by inheritance you mean the eragon one...? meh....I read one chapter of that book and..yeah..
I'll give it another chance

Quote:
well, war babies come from war, nerd babies from from trees, peace babies come from birds, ect

Last edited by WishfulFairie; 12-28-2012 at 04:23 PM.
Old 12-28-2012, 04:27 PM   #85
Noctis Arashi
is rapidly losing blood from Naijeru's jugular attack
Formerly Susanoo

Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Noctis Arashi

Eragon is terrible. Oh god it's awful.
Grand Master Roleplayer
Just Call Me Legendary Hoe -Fliparrachii Approved
Old 12-28-2012, 04:30 PM   #86
WishfulFairie
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

and yet all the guys I knew were obsessed with it...
but that was before/during middle school so who cares

Noctis, do you like Percy Jackson and Olympian / the Heroes of Olympus series?

Quote:

Last edited by WishfulFairie; 12-28-2012 at 04:35 PM.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:12 PM   #87
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noctis Arashi View Post
Eragon is terrible. Oh god it's awful.
it is, the writing is atrocious, the characterization is just badly done and wooden

how far did you make it? I got to where Arya had that religious discussion with the Dwarf and got pimp smacked by him but Paolini in his infinite idiocy declared her ass the winner..after she insulted him in his own home and stuff

that was obviously written by a fourteen year old who'd been trounced one too many times and his resentment bled into the work

but Wish is getting into fantasy..she needs to be able to tell between quality work and garbage and it might be good for her to experience both and develop a sense of taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishfulFairie View Post
and yet all the guys I knew were obsessed with it...
but that was before/during middle school so who cares

Noctis, do you like Percy Jackson and Olympian / the Heroes of Olympus series?
fun fact: Eregon was originally a star wars lord of the rings crossover fanfiction and he just changed it around for prophet

as for Percy Jackson..Riordans writing style is kinda hard for me to tolerate, he screws up historical accuracy a lot and butchers the mythos as often as he gets it right..

not saying his books are bad..they are head over heals superior to Eregon and their like..but it was like Harry Potter..too much glaring plotholes too many flaws too much arrogance and deus ex machina..for me to really enjoy it

What about you Noctis?

Old 12-28-2012, 05:29 PM   #88
Noctis Arashi
Formerly Susanoo

Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

I finished the first book. Stopped forever.

I love Percy Jackson. Maybe it's because I absolutely adore any sort of greek mythology.
Grand Master Roleplayer
Old 12-28-2012, 05:33 PM   #89
WishfulFairie
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Lol that reminds me how the fifty shades of gray started as a twilight fanfic

I couldn't stand eragon, read one chapter..decided to read another book and go back...never went back to that book

Rick changes the mythology on purpose..I recall reading that somewhere...because some of his fans ask questions on why the myths in the books are different than the actual myths. I enjoyed the series, I'm reading the The Heroes of Olympus ones, i bought the third book, but they could be slightly better. I just want to finish the series, the whole olmpiyan series
I liked Harry Potter hmmph >.>

How do you guys feel about the ranger's apprentice, the spook's apprentice, hunger games, beka cooper, or beautiful creatures? Provided you read them... never finished either of them. still looking for mockingjay (hungergames) and beautiful creatures added some random fourth book
-__- just like that fourth book to the Uglies trilogy dafaq
at least i'll finally know the ending to that cliffhanger

Quote:
Old 12-28-2012, 05:35 PM   #90
Noctis Arashi
Formerly Susanoo

Awards Showcase

Quote:

I couldn't stand eragon, read one chapter..decided to read another book and go back...never went back to that book

Rick changes the mythology on purpose..I recall reading that somewhere...because some of his fans ask questions on why the myths in the books are different than the actual myths. I enjoyed the series, I'm reading the The Heroes of Olympus ones, i bought the third book, but they're not the best. I just want to finish the series, the whole olmpiyan series

How do you guys feel about the ranger's apprentice, the spook's apprentice, hunger games, beka cooper, or beautiful creatures? Provided you read them... never finished either of them. still looking for mockingjay (hungergames) and beautiful creatures added some random fourth book

I read Hunger Games. It was average. Never read the rest.
Grand Master Roleplayer
Old 12-28-2012, 05:39 PM   #91
WishfulFairie
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Spoiler:

lol jk

Quote:
Old 12-28-2012, 05:41 PM   #92
Noctis Arashi
Formerly Susanoo

Awards Showcase

I don't see why people like it as much as they do. >_>

I'm currently reading World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War.
Grand Master Roleplayer
Old 12-28-2012, 05:42 PM   #93
WishfulFairie
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Because we enjoy the thought of kids killing each other

Is it any good?

Quote:
Old 12-28-2012, 05:43 PM   #94
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

You got good tastes or you've just happened to pick one of my favorite books of all time.

onlyreadthreebookslolwutfail

Quote:

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Click the dratini for anime rants
Old 12-28-2012, 05:45 PM   #95
Noctis Arashi
Formerly Susanoo

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Because we enjoy the thought of kids killing each other

Is it any good?
There are far better books out there expressly for that exact purpose.

Very.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
You got good tastes or you've just happened to pick one of my favorite books of all time.

onlyreadthreebookslolwutfail
I heard good things about it. So I decided to pick it out. It's excellent.
Grand Master Roleplayer
Old 12-28-2012, 05:53 PM   #96
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:

Very.

I heard good things about it. So I decided to pick it out. It's excellent.
I won't spoil anything,but the chapter about the people working with the global radio systems thingies is my favorite.

Quote:

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Old 12-28-2012, 05:58 PM   #97
WishfulFairie
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
That is quite true, but last year my whole freshman class had to read it. At first we got to choose our summer reading (i chose the illustrated man, you should read it ) but then my school heard about the movie. So we all had to read it in order to go the movies as a field trip

Quote:
Old 12-28-2012, 06:12 PM   #98
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote:
I finished the first book. Stopped forever.

I love Percy Jackson. Maybe it's because I absolutely adore any sort of greek mythology.
you missed a scene where Eregon and his brother compare each others dongs..it got bizarre towards the end..not to mention he started ripping off Mortal Kombat and dune at the end..creating some weird hybrid of Shang Tsung/Vladimir Harkonan with Gelbatorix

Quote:

Rick changes the mythology on purpose..I recall reading that somewhere...because some of his fans ask questions on why the myths in the books are different than the actual myths. I enjoyed the series, I'm reading the The Heroes of Olympus ones, i bought the third book, but they could be slightly better. I just want to finish the series, the whole olmpiyan series

Harry Potter was great right up until Order of the Phoenix..my biggest issue with the series was how James and his friends were never really taken to task for their attitudes..I mean right up until Lily calmed him down James was just as bigoted and racist as Lucious Malfoy just as much of a bully as Riddle and was as dangerously charismatic as him

tlDR: Harry's father came off like a mega douche..everyone bent over backwards to praise the guy and the author tried to hand wave away his conduct

she did the same for Albus who came off as sociopathic at times

when that started happening I tuned out

Quote:
see I don't understand this, it really is an average book it's not terrible it's not spectacular it's just bleh..

also the fight scenes are dull at times very clearly come off like their written by someone with zero experience with anything that involved combat or fighting..of any kind..right up to like grade school recess slapfests

Movie probably did well because it had a bunch of talented actors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
I won't spoil anything,but the chapter about the people working with the global radio systems thingies is my favorite.
What Book is this?

Quote:

That is quite true, but last year my whole freshman class had to read it. At first we got to choose our summer reading (i chose the illustrated man, you should read it ) but then my school heard about the movie. So we all had to read it in order to go the movies as a field trip

Really? When I was a freshmen our teacher had us read Starship troopers, Macbeth, Hamlet and Moby Dick well last one a few of us read for extra credit

then when I was a Sophomore The Crucible the play (by the way Wish you should see or read this one..there is a lot of allegory to modern times and all in it) Catcher in the Rye

they wanted us to read Game of Thrones as a sort of extra credit activity but parents bawwwed about censorship cause of all the sex and rape..I think my anti PG attitude started this year..kinda developed a hate of censorship because of it

Old 12-28-2012, 06:18 PM   #99
Bacon

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Immortal Watch Dog View Post

What Book is this?
World war z

It's been years since I read the book,but it included a chapter from the perspective of the people in charge of global communications in a world overun by zombies

Quote:

Old 12-28-2012, 06:41 PM   #100
Sagepain
............... The Original Sage

Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Sagepain is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Sagepain

None of these books have pictures right?
Yeah they do not interest me then. No seriously though I honestly can't get through a book fast enough before I forgot what happened in the last chapter

Closed Thread