Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Character Talk

Naruto Character Talk Who do you love? Who do you love to hate? Discuss your fave Naruto characters here.

View Poll Results: Rasengan Vs chidori
Rasengan 32 66.67%
chidori 16 33.33%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-24-2012, 06:29 AM   #1
Secret Rasengan
Freshmen Academy Student

Secret Rasengan has been known to deface Sannin monuments in the past.
Default Rasengan Vs chidori

Rasengan Vs chidori

Name: Rasengan Seal Blade
Element: All
Initial name:All Style: Rasengan Seal Blade
User: Me
Hand-signs: Tiger
Description: When you have done the hand-signs, all the elements even Chakra are in your hands as a color blue and your hands turn into a Blade. When you attack something using it, he/she/thing is sealed away forever
Weakness: It lasts for 1 Hour so you will have to run away for 1 Hour.
Weakness 2: Might touch you and you can get sealed away.
Secret Rasengan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:12 AM   #2
Akatsuki_Fighter
Genin

Akatsuki_Fighter has completed a tough C-rank mission!Akatsuki_Fighter has completed a tough C-rank mission!Akatsuki_Fighter has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Default Re: Rasengan Vs chidori

Interesting. But I think that jutsu may be better left in DBZ considering the start-up time haha. But after seeing the title, I thought this was going to be a discussion of which jutsu we think is better, though.

"Yuuta, I love how wide open you were."
-Rikka Takanashi
Akatsuki_Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:27 AM   #3
PrinceofPeace
Banned

PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Chdori is cooler
PrinceofPeace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:39 AM   #4
Deno13
Genin Elite

Deno13 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Deno13 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Deno13 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Deno13 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

I gotta vote for Rasengan there are many varieties of the rasengan
Deno13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:50 AM   #5
Akatsuki_Fighter
Genin

Akatsuki_Fighter has completed a tough C-rank mission!Akatsuki_Fighter has completed a tough C-rank mission!Akatsuki_Fighter has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deno13 View Post
I gotta vote for Rasengan there are many varieties of the rasengan
I like the Rasengan better, and I was thinking that too; but Chidori also has many forms, and its forms are more flexible for combat (i.e. original chidori, chidori stream, chidori senbon, ect.) vs the rasengan's forms which all have the same basic form and mode of attack (except True Rasen Shuriken). So my point is, I prefer the Rasengan, but the Chidori is better in terms of battle readiness and flexibility.

-Rikka Takanashi
Old 12-24-2012, 08:52 AM   #6
joon
Special Jonin Candidate

joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.joon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Send a message via Skype™ to joon

Rasengan is the core of chidori. Which means anyone who has the lightning nature and knows rasengan,can learn chidori. Just think if naruto had all 5 chakra natures,he would have alot of rasengans.
Old 12-24-2012, 08:55 AM   #7
Akatsuki_Fighter
Genin

Quote:
Originally Posted by joon61 View Post
Rasengan is the core of chidori. Which means anyone who has the lightning nature and knows rasengan,can learn chidori. Just think if naruto had all 5 chakra natures,he would have alot of rasengans.
I'd like to have fire hands

-Rikka Takanashi
Old 12-24-2012, 10:32 AM   #8
Nixu Hyuga
Apprentice Genin

Nixu Hyuga is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Well, the Chidori is an incomplete jutsu until the user has the sharingan. Just a thought.

However, I think the chidori is better as an assassin's tool whereas the rasengan is better in a straightforward battle.
Nixu Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:46 AM   #9
hebi.taka
Genin

hebi.taka has completed a tough C-rank mission!hebi.taka has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Chidori!!
My name is Sasuke Uchiha. I hate a lot of things, and I don't particularly like anything What I have is not a dream, because I will make it a reality. I'm going to restore my clan, and kill a certain someone.

"Forgive me Sasuke It ends with this ("Yuruse Sasuke Kore de saigo da") Uchiha Itachi <3

I'm telling you this because you don't get it, you think you get it. But that is not actually the Same as getting it get it? Kakashi Hatake
hebi.taka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:04 PM   #10
PrinceofPeace
Banned

PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

rasengan is boaring its just a swirl of chakra in most cases
Old 01-06-2013, 06:58 PM   #11
Sir Michael
Sir Of The Forums

Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.
Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.

Rasengan.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sir Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:04 PM   #12
Rouge Uchiha18
Special Jonin Candidate

Rouge Uchiha18 just might be Kage someday.
Rouge Uchiha18 just might be Kage someday.Rouge Uchiha18 just might be Kage someday.Rouge Uchiha18 just might be Kage someday.Rouge Uchiha18 just might be Kage someday.Rouge Uchiha18 just might be Kage someday.Rouge Uchiha18 just might be Kage someday.Rouge Uchiha18 just might be Kage someday.Rouge Uchiha18 just might be Kage someday.Rouge Uchiha18 just might be Kage someday.Rouge Uchiha18 just might be Kage someday.
Send a message via Skype™ to Rouge Uchiha18

Rasengan...because it got a MILLION more jutsu forms then chidori does
:::::::.:::::::
:::::::::::::::
':::::::::::::'
':::::::::'
':::::'
':'
Rouge Uchiha18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:11 PM   #13
PrinceofPeace
Banned

true but some of the rasengan's are off-cannon

plus rasgan does the same thing but looks differnt while chidori can do loads of different things in different forms

Chidori current
Chidori sword of Kusangi
  • Chidoir senbon
chidori sharp spear
  • lighting cutter
  • lighting transmission
  • kirin
Old 01-06-2013, 09:10 PM   #14
Sir Michael
Sir Of The Forums

Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.Sir Michael just might be Kage someday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceofPeace View Post
true but some of the rasengan's are off-cannon

plus rasgan does the same thing but looks differnt while chidori can do loads of different things in different forms

Chidori current
Chidori sword of Kusangi
  • Chidoir senbon
chidori sharp spear
  • lighting cutter
  • lighting transmission
  • kirin
Sure. But Chidori isn't used by many people.
Rasengan has been learned *in order* of these people.

Minato Namikaze
Jiraiya
Naruto Uzumaki
Kakashi Hatake
Konohamaru Sarutobi

Heres ALL the Rasengan ever used.

Big Ball Rasengan
Big Ball Spiralling Serial Zone Spheres
Sage Art: Big Ball Rasengan
Spiralling Absorption Sphere
Ultra-Big Ball Rasengan
Planetary Rasengan
Sage Technique: Spiralling Serial Spheres
Spiralling Strife Spheres
Tailed Beast Rasengan
Twin Rasengan
Ultra-Many Spiralling Serial Spheres
Sage Art: Many Ultra-Big Ball Spiralling Serial Spheres
Wind Release: Rasengan
Typhoon Water Vortex Technique
Wind Release: Rasenshuriken

And many do many different things.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:15 PM   #15
kalmeast
April's Member of the Month

kalmeast is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.kalmeast is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
kalmeast is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.kalmeast is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.kalmeast is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

chidori is an incomplete jutsu...it takes the 1st two stages of rasengan and adds a change in chakra nature right away... Rasengan OTOH completes all 3 stages and even without adding change in chakra nature is equal in strength with chidori...

The rasengan can take more than 1 change in chakra nature; we've seen wind which gives rasenshuriken, but it can do with fire and water. It can't do with lightning because it's impossible to contain lightning in a round chakra ball. Chidori OTOH can do with any more additional change in chakra nature!

chidori senbon, and chidori nagashi are not powerful enough to kill.

So yea, Rasengan wins.

Naruto chp 666 features the Sage Of The 6 Paths.
kalmeast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:38 AM   #16
Leejjon
Apprentice Genin

Leejjon has completed a tough C-rank mission!Leejjon has completed a tough C-rank mission!Leejjon has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Chidori raika (the spear) and infusing a sword with chidori are powerful enough to kill though. But let's just keep it the comparison between Naruto's rasengan and sasuke's chidori and not the variants.

I think Chidori is also looks more awesome.

Also the sharingan requirement is pretty lame. I think it's pretty weird that you would "need" the sharingan for Chidori, but you wouldn't need it for rasengan while both are close combat attacks that need a direct hit, so both attacks should be easy to counter.

I think the having the sharingan is just an advantage, not necessarily a requirement. It's just dangerous doing close combat attacks, and you can do it more safely with sharingan or clones or just risk it if you think you can react faster than your opponent.

Last edited by Leejjon; 01-08-2013 at 02:43 AM.
Leejjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:46 PM   #17
PrinceofPeace
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Michael View Post
Sure. But Chidori isn't used by many people.
Rasengan has been learned *in order* of these people.

Minato Namikaze
Jiraiya
Naruto Uzumaki
Kakashi Hatake
Konohamaru Sarutobi

what does it matter of how many people can use it??

Heres ALL the Rasengan ever used.

Big Ball Rasengan
Big Ball Spiralling Serial Zone Spheres
Sage Art: Big Ball Rasengan
Spiralling Absorption Sphere
Ultra-Big Ball Rasengan
Planetary Rasengan
Sage Technique: Spiralling Serial Spheres
Spiralling Strife Spheres
Twin Rasengan
Ultra-Many Spiralling Serial Spheres
Sage Art: Many Ultra-Big Ball Spiralling Serial Spheres
Wind Release: Rasengan

^All of these practically look and do the same thing. They are used for pure destruction while CHidori is in many different forms and usage^

Tailed Beast Rasengan
Typhoon Water Vortex Technique
Wind Release: Rasenshuriken

And many do many different things.
Some are off-cannon
Rasengan takes years to master so it is also incomplete in a way.

Chidori has multiple different forms which is complete and Saskue has used chodori well without sharigan
Old 01-08-2013, 11:59 PM   #18
Sir Michael
Sir Of The Forums

Quote:

Chidori has multiple different forms which is complete and Saskue has used chodori well without sharigan
Nevermind. I'm not going all out in this.

Old 01-09-2013, 01:49 AM   #19
Madara-Hashirama-Rikudo
Freshmen Academy Student

Madara-Hashirama-Rikudo has been known to deface Sannin monuments in the past.

Quote:

Well rasengan does take quite a while to master its because rasengan is all about controlling chakra and containing it.

Chidori however is pooring your chakra out into your hand to the point that it's visible.

Rasengan is said to be an incomplete jutsu because it was meant to be combined with a user's chakras nature but even then it's more complete of a jutsu than chidori is
Old 01-09-2013, 01:56 AM   #20
Madara-Hashirama-Rikudo
Freshmen Academy Student

Madara-Hashirama-Rikudo has been known to deface Sannin monuments in the past.

All honesty I choose rasengan. Yea chidori looks awesome but rasengan is stronger and more reliable. Chidori and its variants ARP meant for paralyzing and peircing something with some medical ninjutsu help you can survive from. Rasengan first twists your insides and destroys them then sends you spinning so fast your blood flow will practically stop causing heart attack not to mention the severe brain trauma caused from it rattling around that badly. Then you also get a destroyed spinal cord which means instant death not only because the rasengans power as demonstrated by a weaker naruto vs sasuke on the roof top but also because your being slammed at God knows what speed into a mountain, concrete house, into the ground etc