Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Leaf Village Council > Forum Feedback & Issues

Forum Feedback & Issues Having problems using the forums or site? Maybe you have some feedback about the site you'd like to share? Post it here.

Old 03-10-2010, 04:58 PM   #1
Maikeru D. Shinigami
Super High School Level Narcissist
Quasi-Admin

Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via MSN to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via Yahoo to Maikeru D. Shinigami
Default How to find out if an anime/manga is owned by Viz

As you SHOULD know no pictures or video of an viz-owned anime, manga or characters can be placed on this site. So I figured a nice step-by-step guide of how to find out if you can post pictures or video of that anime you've been watching or that manga you've been reading.

First though, remember to follow the rules. Nudity and Graphic Violence are a big no no, if you are uncertain about a picture or video either you can look in the rules and decide for yourself and/or PM and ask me and I'll look it up, if I know the anime/manga that is.

Anyways, the step-by-step process.

1. Go to a search engine. These are things like "google", "yahoo", "msn" or whatever else there may be out there.

2. Type in the name of the anime/manga in the search box.

3. Look on the anime/mangas wikipedia page and look to the right side of the page where the info about the anime/manga is.

4. Look at the notes on this picture. Remember to check for both the anime and manga licensor as they could be different.
Spoiler:

Or this (even though this reply is one post down):

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRhyse View Post
We also keep a fairly up to date list here if you were looking to browse instead of search:

http://viz.com/products/ - THIS LINK NO LONGER WORKS!

YouTube:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
src="
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Last edited by Sajuuk; 12-24-2012 at 05:28 AM.
Maikeru D. Shinigami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 05:05 PM   #2
SRhyse
Site Admin - Uber Kage
Viz Administrator

SRhyse just might be Kage someday.
SRhyse just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: How to find out if an anime/manga is owned by viz

We also keep a fairly up to date list here if you were looking to browse instead of search:

http://viz.com/products/ - THIS LINK NO LONGER WORKS!
My dog Elly FTW:

*Alot of people have been asking to help me with various things on the site, many of which involve sharing files between me and other members. Since I get asked almost every day, to do this or collaborate with me personally, use
gives you a lot more free space than normal to work with if that helps, but mainly, it's easier than me getting a thousand emails I have to download and upload with a file again to reply
. Thanks for wanting to help though!

Last edited by Sajuuk; 12-24-2012 at 05:28 AM. Reason: Sorry, the link don't work no more xD
SRhyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 07:57 PM   #3
*** maya doray ***
Veteran Chunin

Location: i'm in everywhere in the sky if you stare at it :3 . . .
*** maya doray *** is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via MSN to *** maya doray ***
Red face Re: How to find out if an anime/manga is owned by viz

thank you so much both for that i really learn so much , cause you know , i'm not that girl who understand all the english words , but thank you so so much for saying that and now i can find out if an anime/manga is owned by viz or not , you're both the best .........
*** maya doray *** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 07:34 PM   #4
Temari4
Ninja Academy Student

Temari4 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via AIM to Temari4 Send a message via Yahoo to Temari4

Wee im on a swirley slide
Temari4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 06:02 AM   #5
AkatsukiX3
Chunin Exam Participant

Location: in a lovely world filled with death,sadness,and FLAMERS!
AkatsukiX3 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to AkatsukiX3

thanks!
KISAMI
KAKUZU
HIDAN
KONAN
PAIN
ZETZU
ITACHI
AKATSUKI KWII!!!!^^
AkatsukiX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 07:43 AM   #6
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: How to find out if an anime/manga is owned by Viz

http://viz.com/products/
That's broken.
Shikamaru Nara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 04:56 PM   #7
deidara#1
Pun-isher

deidara#1 has completed a tough C-rank mission!deidara#1 has completed a tough C-rank mission!

I would like to know what to do in the case Viz owns the rights to the manga but doesn't own the rights to the anime with DBZ. I would also like to know if DBZ GT would be allude since it is not based off the manga.
deidara#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 04:57 PM   #8
J-Sun Tasogare
is secretly a carebear

J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deidara#1 View Post
I would like to know what to do in the case Viz owns the rights to the manga but doesn't own the rights to the anime with DBZ. I would also like to know if DBZ GT would be allude since it is not based off the manga.
It's a gray area, don't post it cause if someone infracts for it, it won't get reversed.
J-Sun Tasogare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 05:07 PM   #9
Ashen
The Reaper
Quasi-Admin

Ashen completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.
Ashen completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by deidara#1 View Post
If they own the manga rights, but not the anime rights, then DBZ anime pics are technically fine to post. However, fan art or other fan made works of DBZ stuff would be best avoided.

In the end, if Viz owns either the manga or the anime, it's best to steer away from posting pics of DBZ stuff completely.

Ashen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 05:21 PM   #10
deidara#1
Pun-isher

deidara#1 has completed a tough C-rank mission!deidara#1 has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshenREAPER View Post
If they own the manga rights, but not the anime rights, then DBZ anime pics are technically fine to post. However, fan art or other fan made works of DBZ stuff would be best avoided.

In the end, if Viz owns either the manga or the anime, it's best to steer away from posting pics of DBZ stuff completely.
I only ask because I an anime pic in my sig and thought DBZ would be nice. I will find something else.
deidara#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 07:37 PM   #11
Leafy
has a deathwish!

Leafy just might be Kage someday.
Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.Leafy just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Please don't revive old threads with a useless post like that. You had nothing to contribute with your post. You were already told not to do this in the Anbu thread.

You're trying to hard, just chill out.

Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 05:13 AM   #12
Kyūbi no Yōko
Special Jonin Candidate

Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.
Send a message via Skype™ to Kyūbi no Yōko

Higher image QUALITY (click on the image to see it full-size) :

Spoiler:

Welcome to reality.

~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~

universe.
Kyūbi no Yōko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 06:01 AM   #13
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

But you can't read that...
Shikamaru Nara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 04:01 PM   #14
Hidan
Special Jonin Candidate

Hidan has completed a tough C-rank mission!Hidan has completed a tough C-rank mission!Hidan has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maikeru D. Shinigami View Post
As you SHOULD know no pictures or video of an viz-owned anime, manga or characters can be placed on this site. So I figured a nice step-by-step guide of how to find out if you can post pictures or video of that anime you've been watching or that manga you've been reading.

First though, remember to follow the rules. Nudity and Graphic Violence are a big no no, if you are uncertain about a picture or video either you can look in the rules and decide for yourself and/or PM and ask me and I'll look it up, if I know the anime/manga that is.

Anyways, the step-by-step process.

1. Go to a search engine. These are things like "google", "yahoo", "msn" or whatever else there may be out there.

2. Type in the name of the anime/manga in the search box.

3. Look on the anime/mangas wikipedia page and look to the right side of the page where the info about the anime/manga is.

4. Look at the notes on this picture. Remember to check for both the anime and manga licensor as they could be different.
Spoiler:

Or this (even though this reply is one post down):
So on this same topic of looking on Wikipedia, I took the time to look for and see if Jojo was owned by VIZ, and it is, but only for Part 3 in the manga. So would that mean it is okay to post content from the anime from any part that ISN'T Part 3? (Don't know who owns the Part 3 OVA rights, but I do know it isn't VIZ.)

To be more exact, I plan on posting an image from Part 2 (Battle Tendency) from the anime. However, I would like to see if this is allowed or not.

Spoiler:

~
~

Last edited by Hidan; 01-30-2014 at 06:38 PM. Reason: I decided to use a screenshot because there might be viz owned images on that wiki page.
Hidan is offline   Reply With Quote