Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Games

Naruto Games We're all about games in this section -- all Naruto games, that is.

Old 12-23-2012, 09:52 PM   #1
Based God
Freshmen Academy Student

Based God is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Which game to get?

I feel like getting a Naruto game and am just wondering which one I should buy. The games I am deciding between are Ninja Storm Generations and Ninja Storm 3 (not sure if it is out yet, but I know it is/will be the newest one).

Obviously Generations is the previous game in the series and is considerably cheaper, which isn't really a factor in my decision, but doesn't hurt. As of now I would go with Generations but I just wanted to get other peoples opinions.

Is Ninja Storm 3 a major improvement, or is Generations a good enough game as it is?
Based God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:59 PM   #2
Sharinganshinobi223
Chunin Exam Participant

Sharinganshinobi223 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Sharinganshinobi223 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Sharinganshinobi223 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Sharinganshinobi223 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: Which game to get?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Based God View Post
I feel like getting a Naruto game and am just wondering which one I should buy. The games I am deciding between are Ninja Storm Generations and Ninja Storm 3 (not sure if it is out yet, but I know it is/will be the newest one).

Obviously Generations is the previous game in the series and is considerably cheaper, which isn't really a factor in my decision, but doesn't hurt. As of now I would go with Generations but I just wanted to get other peoples opinions.

Is Ninja Storm 3 a major improvement, or is Generations a good enough game as it is?
IMO, I recommend you to get storm 3- trust me, I've played generations, and based on my experience, It's the kind of game you will get bored with quickly since most of the game was covered by storm 1 and 2.

"I never wish for an easy life, but to be a stronger man. -JFK

"The moment people come to know love, they run the risk of carrying hate."-Serious tobi

"Run away, cling to your wretched life..." -Itachi

The truth is you don't know what is going to happen tomorrow. Life is a crazy ride, and nothing is guaranteed. -Eminem
Sharinganshinobi223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:01 PM   #3
Akatsuki_Fighter
Genin

Akatsuki_Fighter has completed a tough C-rank mission!Akatsuki_Fighter has completed a tough C-rank mission!Akatsuki_Fighter has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Generations has the greater multiplayer and character choice values, but it is a "quick-release" game, so don't buy it if you're also looking for a well-done story mode. Obviously, Storm 3 won't give up the improvements on the multiplayer or the character list (except maybe the Pre Time Skip characters ), but it is a full 6 months away from release. If you want a new game SOON, then choose between Storm 2 or Generations. Like I said, Generations has more characters and improved combat, but Storm 2 has a well-done and huge story mode (especially the boss battles ) and is far from obsolete. It's up to what you're looking for

Edit @Sharingan: Actually no. The game was meant for multiplayer, not storyline; the multiplayer is just as exciting and addicting as its predecessors. Even with strong storyline, the major point of getting the games have always been multiplayer. The only way it would get boring quickly is if you didn't buy it for multiplayer as the main reason or if the game just isn't fun to you overall. Or if you can't get you're friends to play with you and you're stuck fighting the stupid AI

"Yuuta, I love how wide open you were."
-Rikka Takanashi

Last edited by Akatsuki_Fighter; 12-23-2012 at 10:06 PM.
Akatsuki_Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:06 PM   #4
Based God
Freshmen Academy Student

Thanks.

Another reason why I'm more for Generations than Storm 3 is because I don't know how far Storm 3 will go into the story. I really only got into watching the Naruto Anime again fairly recently and don't really want to spoil to much for myself, but again, it's not really a factor if the gameplay is good.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:08 PM   #5
Based God
Freshmen Academy Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharinganshinobi223 View Post
IMO, I recommend you to get storm 3- trust me, I've played generations, and based on my experience, It's the kind of game you will get bored with quickly since most of the game was covered by storm 1 and 2.
Never played the first two. This would actually be my first Naruto game if that has any impact on the decision. So a recap of the first two maybe wouldn't be such a bad thing.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:09 PM   #6
Akatsuki_Fighter
Genin

Akatsuki_Fighter has completed a tough C-rank mission!Akatsuki_Fighter has completed a tough C-rank mission!Akatsuki_Fighter has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Quote:
Thanks.

Another reason why I'm more for Generations than Storm 3 is because I don't know how far Storm 3 will go into the story. I really only got into watching the Naruto Anime again fairly recently and don't really want to spoil to much for myself, but again, it's not really a factor if the gameplay is good.
Where are you at in the anime? Again, the game is 6 months away, so you have 2 options story-wise: catch up on the anime or buy Storm 2, which starts from the beginning of Shippuden and goes through Naruto vs Pain (a good 170 or so episodes into the show). Depending on what you choose may also affect your game choice as well.

Edit: And Storm 3 will pick up from there and go a good ways through, if not completely through, the war (which hasn't even finished in the Japanese manga yet). So if you get to Naruto vs Pain in the anime or Storm 2, then you're good to go!

-Rikka Takanashi

Last edited by Akatsuki_Fighter; 12-23-2012 at 10:11 PM.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:26 PM   #7
Based God
Freshmen Academy Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akatsuki_Fighter View Post
Where are you at in the anime? Again, the game is 6 months away, so you have 2 options story-wise: catch up on the anime or buy Storm 2, which starts from the beginning of Shippuden and goes through Naruto vs Pain (a good 170 or so episodes into the show). Depending on what you choose may also affect your game choice as well.

Edit: And Storm 3 will pick up from there and go a good ways through, if not completely through, the war (which hasn't even finished in the Japanese manga yet). So if you get to Naruto vs Pain in the anime or Storm 2, then you're good to go!
As far as the Anime, I'm around episode 90 of Shippuden right now. I'm also watching the English dub, which I know is far behind the original Japanese anime. Overall I know I am pretty far behind.

Thanks for suggesting Storm 2, I think that's my choice as of now.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:32 PM   #8
Akatsuki_Fighter
Genin

Quote:
As far as the Anime, I'm around episode 90 of Shippuden right now. I'm also watching the English dub, which I know is far behind the original Japanese anime. Overall I know I am pretty far behind.

Thanks for suggesting Storm 2, I think that's my choice as of now.
Cool man. And yeah, they're getting ready to release the English boxset that has Naruto vs Pain in it next month. But you'll still be ok (even if the games run on ahead of the English release of the anime lol). Let me know whatchya think of whichever game ya choose!

-Rikka Takanashi