Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Battlegrounds Versus Debates > Battlegrounds HQ

Battlegrounds HQ The headquarters of the debating area. Introduce yourself here, get to know other Battlegrounds, and discuss the details and events of the BG.

Old 12-22-2012, 08:13 AM   #1
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Lowered the bar.

The debating community seriously lowered the bar from what is and isn't acceptable conduct for someone in terms of debating. I know for a fact that this is true, mostly because my retirement from debating over a year or two ago is proof of this.

I noticed the decline around the time of the TBC explosion, and I hate to say it, but TBC definitely brought order to the BG and kept things in line (then again, he had the tools to do it as well. We were promised section and thread banning powers and the thread banning rarely consistently works. Plus, I've heard nothing of section banning in over roughly two months.)

Diction and feats are rarely ever used in these forums nowadays. Generally, people choose their favorite character and debate their side. This section has driven itself too far to the likes of character talk, which is fine if you like that, by the way. But go to character talk.

It seems to me as if there needs to be a higher learning and we need to teach it. The mods we have that are consistently reading threads are US, IWD and I. The rest go MIA within a few months, even good ones like Kuro. Kuro probably left because of the lack of intelligence here.

The fact of the matter is that people are staying around who should not be around solely because we're unable to expand our chests because we're being crushed and suffocated by the people who we need.

So what I propose is that we bring back the Tiers system and actually stick with it. The idea of the tier system was that nobody who was in Low Tier could post in the High Tier area. Once the council saw that person as fit to join a higher tier, they would have access to that tier and all of the tiers below it. This made it easier for everyone to learn faster.

Thoughts?

Addendum: Shout out to BMC and Godaime for being especially impressive in this community despite the ignorance of others.

Last edited by Shikamaru Nara; 12-22-2012 at 08:19 AM.
Shikamaru Nara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:39 AM   #2
Hakuren
Chunin Exam Participant

Hakuren has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Hakuren has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Hakuren has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Hakuren has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Hakuren has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Hakuren has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Hakuren has a spectacular chakra aura going on.
Default Re: Lowered the bar.

Lack of intelligence and "good quality" is definitely lacking, even during my few days of my stay so far.

I think that new users should be given a series of questions for them to answer to get them to actually know the Rules and Regulations of the forums. Think of it like a ninja test to test one's knowledge of the forums' rules and so on. I have many ideas I would like to contribute to the forums, but there's a couple of problems with this...

a) I don't know where to begin, and I seem to have a habit of talking of other things and considering "ifs" a bit too far but I try to cut back.

and majorly...

b) Won't be taken seriously, since I'm a "New Member" with only ~250ish posts, thus end up ignored.

Although there is one thing I won't let this forum become if there were to be more intelligent people, is that a loving forum to turn into a sarcastic, trollish forum.

Hope my post made sense enough as a response and my thoughts to the Origin Post.
Hakuren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:41 AM   #3
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

How about you convince the bosses to let me really cut loose? Let me rally bmc and wish and frost and sage and all the other quality debaters and conduct a crusade against idiocy

Let me make it absolutely unlivable to debaters who are biased and argue based on opinions and not facts

I like the tier system I am all in favor.of ranking posters but lets not be PC about it- lets make sure we exclude single out and dismantle every single tard

TBC was a bandaide the man kept the degenerate idiotic and tardish hidden in allowing posters like myself and Ono and the other aggressive debaters more liberty he made sure they were checked

We need the freedom to rush retards and the power to back it up
Let me lead our people in a glorious crusade

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Immortal Watch Dog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:43 AM   #4
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakuren View Post
Lack of intelligence and "good quality" is definitely lacking, even during my few days of my stay so far.

I think that new users should be given a series of questions for them to answer to get them to actually know the Rules and Regulations of the forums. Think of it like a ninja test to test one's knowledge of the forums' rules and so on. I have many ideas I would like to contribute to the forums, but there's a couple of problems with this...

a) I don't know where to begin, and I seem to have a habit of talking of other things and considering "ifs" a bit too far but I try to cut back.

and majorly...

b) Won't be taken seriously, since I'm a "New Member" with only ~250ish posts, thus end up ignored.

Although there is one thing I won't let this forum become if there were to be more intelligent people, is that a loving forum to turn into a sarcastic, trollish forum.

Hope my post made sense enough as a response and my thoughts to the Origin Post.
The problem with quizzing users is that we can't deny anyone access to something like the Battlegrounds because it's not a club. And most people wouldn't be behind making it a club in terms of the back end in the staff discussions, since half of the staff want this place gone.

However, we do take all suggestions seriously, no matter how long you've been here or how many posts you have.
Old 12-22-2012, 08:43 AM   #5
megabbaut
Debby Downer

megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru Nara View Post
Addendum: Shout out to BMC and Godaime for being especially impressive in this community despite the ignorance of others.
Don't forget JLI2infinity, he's also one of the best debaters in the BG.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My theme:
YouTube:
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
My Battle Theme:
YouTube:
src="
GT & PSN: VesicantDegree1
megabbaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:45 AM   #6
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Like I said if you BG'ers want to purge the tards I one hundred percent support it and will be with you at your backs.and at your service

Old 12-22-2012, 08:46 AM   #7
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Immortal Watch Dog View Post
How about you convince the bosses to let me really cut loose? Let me rally bmc and wish and frost and sage and all the other quality debaters and conduct a crusade against idiocy

Let me make it absolutely unlivable to debaters who are biased and argue based on opinions and not facts

I like the tier system I am all in favor.of ranking posters but lets not be PC about it- lets make sure we exclude single out and dismantle every single tard

TBC was a bandaide the man kept the degenerate idiotic and tardish hidden in allowing posters like myself and Ono and the other aggressive debaters more liberty he made sure they were checked

We need the freedom to rush retards and the power to back it up
Let me lead our people in a glorious crusade
How about you do it? I'm in the same position that you are as of late, and I'm not seeing anything changing until the site gets a transition to an all Viz site. And even then, the BG probably won't be touched unless we give it a make-over, which is what I've been wanting to do. And this is the perfect time to do it.

The problem is that nobody would back us making it "unlivable" for retards and we wouldn't be able to pull it off.

That was the idea.
Old 12-22-2012, 08:47 AM   #8
megabbaut
Debby Downer

megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

I'll admit I did wank a lot in a few BG threads...but hopefully I'll have some time to improve and be up there with the good debaters.

My theme:
YouTube:
src="
My Battle Theme:
YouTube:
src="
Old 12-22-2012, 08:48 AM   #9
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Awards Showcase

This thread was meant to incite some thought into your heads. Although I plan on going along with the tier plan, if you have something better, feel free to let us know here. I'll probably stop accepting ideas once i feel most of the important people have posted.
Old 12-22-2012, 08:54 AM   #10
megabbaut
Debby Downer

As a first step you should edit the description of the BG.

Quote:
Endlessly debate hypothetical battles between your favorite fictional characters.
This is misleading and would lead to threads like Sasuke vs Vegeta.

EDIT: this is my 8000th post, w00t.

My theme:
YouTube:
src="
My Battle Theme:
YouTube:
src="

Last edited by megabbaut; 12-22-2012 at 08:57 AM.
Old 12-22-2012, 08:55 AM   #11
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote:
How about you do it? I'm in the same position that you are as of late, and I'm not seeing anything changing until the site gets a transition to an all Viz site. And even then, the BG probably won't be touched unless we give it a make-over, which is what I've been wanting to do. And this is the perfect time to do it.

The problem is that nobody would back us making it "unlivable" for retards and we wouldn't be able to pull it off.

That was the idea.
Really they wont back us? They have never backed us up. You and I have been the sole defenders of this section the only ones any viz.posters could come too and.count on for protection when he or she decided to post here

We've always been alone and we have been doing good- I'll turn it up to eleven and if I am taken to task for.protecting our posters then so be it-

Besides I am not saying flaming just ass whoopen I hate bullying and I wont allow flaming

But I will stand with you

Old 12-22-2012, 08:55 AM   #12
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Awards Showcase

I'll have that done.
Old 12-22-2012, 08:56 AM   #13
Hakuren
Chunin Exam Participant

Hakuren has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Hakuren has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Hakuren has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Hakuren has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Hakuren has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Hakuren has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Hakuren has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Quote:
The problem with quizzing users is that we can't deny anyone access to something like the Battlegrounds because it's not a club. And most people wouldn't be behind making it a club in terms of the back end in the staff discussions, since half of the staff want this place gone.

However, we do take all suggestions seriously, no matter how long you've been here or how many posts you have.
Apologies, purged into a thread without being aware of the sections. Now that I am more aware, I can do this more properly.

Low Tiers and High Tiers are an especially good idea, especially for debaters that use logic instead of opinions based. A thing is... I think it should be some sort of "invisible / secret" groups, so that people don't ask questions, then try to join the BGs (to be more clarified on whom, particularly the rabid fangirls and fanboys who are very opinion-based and acts like one).

It's good to know all suggestions are accepted, Mr. Shikamaru. That makes me more relaxed.
Hakuren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:00 AM   #14
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Really they wont back us? They have never backed us up. You and I have been the sole defenders of this section the only ones any viz.posters could come too and.count on for protection when he or she decided to post here

We've always been alone and we have been doing good- I'll turn it up to eleven and if I am taken to task for.protecting our posters then so be it-

Besides I am not saying flaming just ass whoopen I hate bullying and I wont allow flaming

But I will stand with you
The problem with not being backed actively by staffers is that we don't have the power to change without the assistance of them. And we SHOULDN'T try to change without the consensus of our homeland. It would be like going to war against China because one radical douche decided he wanted to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakuren View Post
Apologies, purged into a thread without being aware of the sections. Now that I am more aware, I can do this more properly.

Low Tiers and High Tiers are an especially good idea, especially for debaters that use logic instead of opinions based. A thing is... I think it should be some sort of "invisible / secret" groups, so that people don't ask questions, then try to join the BGs (to be more clarified on whom, particularly the rabid fangirls and fanboys who are very opinion-based and acts like one).

It's good to know all suggestions are accepted, Mr. Shikamaru. That makes me more relaxed.
No apologies needed.

My main issue with that is that there's no way to separate good debaters from bad debaters and put them in an environment where they can co-exist without the other knowing. The way the tier system would work is that the BG council members and mods would compile a list of debaters and put them in High, Medium, or Low tier. After that, sections would be created with usergroups, and they wouldn't be able to post in Medium or High, say, if they were in Low tier. They could, however, view the threads, so that they can pick up pointers.
Old 12-22-2012, 09:29 AM   #15
megabbaut
Debby Downer

I thought the tiers were consisting of Naruto characters from weakest to strongest.

My theme:
YouTube:
src="
My Battle Theme:
YouTube:
src="
Old 12-22-2012, 09:34 AM   #16
Ultimate combatant
Special Jonin Candidate

Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Can someone explain why half of the staff wants battlegrounds gone?!!
Ultimate combatant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:38 AM   #17
Sajuuk
Special Jonin Candidate

Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Sajuuk is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate combatant View Post
Can someone explain why half of the staff wants battlegrounds gone?!!
It's internal stuff that we're not obliged to reveal to the general public.
YouTube Channel:
Sajuuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:38 AM   #18
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

Awards Showcase

So we cow tow and prey that thewhatever pro fanboy solution the elite come up with will slow the rott? Meanwhile tards like POP and UC erode what little respect we built up thats brought in new talent?

While eagles newest dupe remains free?

Unacceptable our members deserve better

Last edited by The Immortal Watch Dog; 12-22-2012 at 09:40 AM.
Old 12-22-2012, 09:44 AM   #19
Ultimate combatant
Special Jonin Candidate

Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sajuuk View Post
It's internal stuff that we're not obliged to reveal to the general public.
Oh, I didn't think it was that serious!!!

Quote:
So we cow tow and prey that thewhatever pro fanboy solution the elite come up with will slow the rott? Meanwhile tards like POP and UC erode what little respect we built up thats brought in new talent?

While eagles newest dupe remains free?

Unacceptable our members deserve better
By UC, do you mean me?!! Just wondering.
Ultimate combatant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:45 AM   #20
megabbaut
Debby Downer

On a side note, what in the world happened to Sajuuk?

My theme:
YouTube:
src="
My Battle Theme:
YouTube:
src="