Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Manga Discussion

Naruto Manga Discussion All the latest discussions about the Naruto manga (beware, spoilers abound).

Old 12-20-2012, 06:39 PM   #1
kalmeast
April's Member of the Month

kalmeast is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.kalmeast is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
kalmeast is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.kalmeast is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.kalmeast is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Default An Unjustified End Of A Genius

I know ppl have already written much about this but still...

So, we wanted deaths and voila, plenty. 3 important ppl in two chapters.. on top of that, their death is almost instant.

Well, Neji had to go, i accept that but in this fashion? This old school way...Man! it's now sinking in and i'm getting enraged.

First of all, Neji in Naruto part 1 was the most fierce, intelligent, calm fighter we had.

His character was so well developed in a short time that made u love him for just being present. His voice whether dubbed or Jap was the best. He was cooler than Sasuke, cared little about anybody and yet put his life on the line against Kimimaro.

After 3 years, look where he is? NOWHERE! It seemed he never developed his skills at all. Rotation and AIR Palm?, come on! Old Stuff. At the end look how he goes out... jumping infront of spikes to protect hinata, who's protecting Naruto?

Why has Naruto become so useless now without Sage Mode or RS Mode... Wasn't he the one who said, he'd never let himself be rescued by someone again? Where is that Naruto who jumped in front of Kabuto and rasenganned him?

The source of Neji's death is Naruto's inability to protect himself from mokouton shower needles. What would the old Naruto who hadn't mastered sage mode yet do against all these Mokouton spikes? I'll tell you! He'd have plenty of tricks.

anyways, enough of my ranting, i'm just upset! Neji didn't go out with a bang.

Naruto chp 666 features the Sage Of The 6 Paths.

Last edited by kalmeast; 12-20-2012 at 06:41 PM.
kalmeast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 07:02 PM   #2
e710
Special Jonin Candidate

e710 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.e710 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.e710 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.e710 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.e710 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.e710 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.e710 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.e710 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.e710 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.e710 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.
Default Re: An Unjustified End Of A Genius

Yea I thought it was pretty crappy. But I think Naruto could have got away from the needles, it was unnecessary for Hinata to jump in front of Naruto, causing Neji to jump in front of her because he was told as a kid to protect Hinata with her life.
e710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 07:20 PM   #3
PrinceofPeace
Banned

PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Come on now he had to protect Hinata
PrinceofPeace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 07:25 PM   #4
Shisko Shi
Special Jonin Candidate

Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Shisko Shi

Yea I agree with you. were is the old Naruto!

Shisko Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:52 PM   #5
coolm3
Genin

coolm3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.coolm3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.coolm3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.coolm3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.coolm3 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Send a message via Skype™ to coolm3

My guess is that Naruto was going to evade the attack but little miss "i'll be of use to naruto for once" became jumpy and shielded him causing neji to shield her. That whole scene would have happened nearly in an instant making it even more difficult for naruto to move and save them. This is why you never protect the main character lol...especially if we know that even in the event of a jutsu landing on them, they will most certainly survive the encounter
The country? The skies? You can have them. I'm busy just protecting what's right in front of me. I don't know what'll happen to me in the future, but if something has fallen at my feet, then the least I can do is pick it up.

A newspaper is a device for making the ignorant more ignorant and the crazy crazier.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You rep me I rep you
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
coolm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:28 PM   #6
Godaime Kazekage
Chunin Exam Proctor

Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.
Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.Godaime Kazekage just might be Kage someday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolm3 View Post
My guess is that Naruto was going to evade the attack but little miss "i'll be of use to naruto for once" became jumpy and shielded him causing neji to shield her. That whole scene would have happened nearly in an instant making it even more difficult for naruto to move and save them. This is why you never protect the main character lol...especially if we know that even in the event of a jutsu landing on them, they will most certainly survive the encounter
Okay, c'mon. Let's cut the Hinata bashing. The idea that a lot of people seem to have that Neji wouldn't have died if Hinata hadn't tried to protect Naruto is ridiculous. Naruto was clearly out of juice after using three SM Rasenshuriken (he could only do two before) and wasn't cable of evading that shower of missiles in his current condition as shown from earlier in the chapter when Hinata protected him by knocking away a projectile with an Air Palm while he was huffing on the ground. If Hinata hadn't tried to protect Naruto Neji still would've jumped in the way because they need Naruto to fight the Juubi.

Godaime Kazekage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 02:00 AM   #7
kalmeast

kalmeast is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.kalmeast is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
kalmeast is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.kalmeast is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.kalmeast is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

^i agree with this point here GK, but still, shouldn't neji have gone out in some bang by performing some art that would make us remember him for good. I mean, the feats Rock Lee Pulled against gaara though near to his death is more memorable than this! I mean, this is Neji we're talking about.

couldn't naruto had created enough shadow clones with hundreds of ordinary rasengans to protect the Original or something. I've seen naruto in a worst worn out state pulling out something.

Old 12-21-2012, 02:35 AM   #8
mrsticky005

mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

It was plot device plain and simple. Kishi knows this fight is dull so he decided
hey why not kill off Neji. Nobody loves him.

Spam once and the forum will be annoyed.
Spam twice and warnings will be deployed
Spam thrice and a infraction you will receive
Spam 8,984 times and a FAIL Agent you''ll soon be.

...At least in my case.
mrsticky005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:45 PM   #9
paradigm1977
Chunin Exam Proctor

paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalmeast View Post

couldn't naruto had created enough shadow clones with hundreds of ordinary rasengans to protect the Original or something. I've seen naruto in a worst worn out state pulling out something.
I'm thinking that if the the wood stakes were too fast for Neji's jutsu, they were too fast for Naruto's clones.

paradigm1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:48 PM   #10
Vivi
Little Miss Spoiler
Formerly V-Valentine
Jonin

Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Should be obvious Neji was killed solely due to killing's sake, Kishi simply decided someone dies and took the first one the came to his mind.

At any rate, it was poorly done.

Jessie>Tifa and Aeris.
Vivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:02 AM   #11
Kyūbi no Yōko
Special Jonin Candidate

Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.
Send a message via Skype™ to Kyūbi no Yōko

The way he died was really bad, as if somebody not really important died, I mentioned this in some other threads.

The only 'good' part of his death was the part where he said those words, but the other part was embarrasingly bad.

Welcome to reality.

~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~

universe.

Last edited by Kyūbi no Yōko; 12-22-2012 at 07:27 AM.
Kyūbi no Yōko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:24 AM   #12
Vivi
Little Miss Spoiler
Formerly V-Valentine
Jonin

Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyūbi no Yōko View Post
The way he died was really bad, as if somebody not really important died, I mentioned this in some other threads.

The only 'good' part of his death was the part where he said those words, but the other pat was embarrasingly bad.
Kishi should take notes from Ryukishi in terms of deaths.
Spoiler:

Jessie>Tifa and Aeris.
Vivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 07:26 AM   #13
Kyūbi no Yōko
Special Jonin Candidate

Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.
Send a message via Skype™ to Kyūbi no Yōko

That was epic beyond measure. Kishi has made few deaths interesting, Jiraiya's and Itachi's were my favorites.

Welcome to reality.

~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~

universe.
Kyūbi no Yōko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 07:29 AM   #14
koshej
Chunin

koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

I disagree with the idea that he died for nothing.
I said it before, so I'll repeat:
I clearly hope this to be the turning point of the fight, cause Tobito gets pushed to the Good Side by this seemingly "stupid" death.
So, from this POV, Neji achieved even more than what Hinata had achieved during the Pain fight, though of the VERY similar idea (affecting BOTH Naruto and the bad guy's attitude).
Hinata only saved Naruto, Kakashi and Shizune - Neji saved the whole world!
I say it's WORTHY of a genius, don't YOU???
koshej is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:25 AM   #15
ino>sakura!
Veteran Chunin

ino>sakura! is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.ino>sakura! is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.ino>sakura! is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.ino>sakura! is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.ino>sakura! is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.ino>sakura! is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.ino>sakura! is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.ino>sakura! is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.ino>sakura! is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.ino>sakura! is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.ino>sakura! is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

naruto couldn't have moved he was injured and it was coming to fast plus what hinata did was sweet and what neji did was heroic i just feel like neji should still be alive come on

What is it?
ino>sakura! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:27 AM   #16
ino>sakura!
Veteran Chunin

ino>sakura! is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.ino>sakura! is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.ino>sakura! is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.ino>sakura! is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.ino>sakura! is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.ino>sakura! is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.ino>sakura! is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.ino>sakura! is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.ino>sakura! is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.ino>sakura! is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.ino>sakura! is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

if obito doesn't revive everybody i will be so upet

What is it?
Old 12-22-2012, 10:55 AM   #17
kalmeast

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
It was plot device plain and simple. Kishi knows this fight is dull so he decided
hey why not kill off Neji. Nobody loves him.
i'm sure about this! First scape goat... gosh and the guy never even had the chance to kill any akatsuki, like shika did. oh well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradigm1977 View Post
I'm thinking that if the the wood stakes were too fast for Neji's jutsu, they were too fast for Naruto's clones.
I wonder if it was too fast for neji, i thought neji was to far away from naruto... u may be right but still, shadow clones could have taken that hit or?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
Should be obvious Neji was killed solely due to killing's sake, Kishi simply decided someone dies and took the first one the came to his mind.

At any rate, it was poorly done.
that's what i'm try'na say. I'm not mad he died, but just the fashion in which he did. I'm sure since it's the last chapter for 2012 kishi wanted a cliff hanger that last the next 3 weeks before chp 615 and decided to do this, unforgivable!!

@kyuubi... Oh Well. I tried to watch Rock lee and his ninja pals the other day and couldn't. Seeing a living Neji, just staled my blood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ino>sakura! View Post
if obito doesn't revive everybody i will be so upet
lol...but no more revivals though...if there's any, then it's because naruto gained the power to do so with Tobi's help but tobi doing it himself would be bad.

lol... chp 614, the last page... did anyone see that bird got shot with moukouton needle...seriously, kishi had time to draw this...?

Last edited by kalmeast; 12-22-2012 at 11:32 AM.
Old 12-22-2012, 05:29 PM   #18
paradigm1977
Chunin Exam Proctor

paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.paradigm1977 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalmeast View Post

I wonder if it was too fast for neji, i thought neji was to far away from naruto... u may be right but still, shadow clones could have taken that hit or?
The clones will go poof, but the stakes won't. They'll keep going. That's why neji had to protect, Naruto doesn't have a wall jutsu to block.

paradigm1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 07:39 PM   #19
e710
Special Jonin Candidate

e710 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.e710 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.e710 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.e710 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.e710 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.e710 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.e710 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.e710 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.e710 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.e710 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Neji's death sorta reminded me of Krillens death by Frieza. Watch Naruto come out as a super jinchuuriki. Funny how the last thing Neji was important was when the zetsu clone disguised as him tried to kill Sakura, besides that he was only important for being Guy's pupil(not even his favorite) and for being the person who get beat up by Naruto so Naruto can prove all his haters wrong. Kinda fitting if you thing about it he was born a second class citizen, wasn't favorite by Guy, got screwed over by Naruto's plot, only person(his dad) who cared about him died when he was young, and he got no screen time(since Kisame at the start) or new attacks in shippuden, and he got a crappy death.
e710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 07:56 PM   #20
ino>sakura!
Veteran Chunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by e710 View Post
Neji's death sorta reminded me of Krillens death by Frieza. Watch Naruto come out as a super jinchuuriki. Funny how the last thing Neji was important was when the zetsu clone disguised as him tried to kill Sakura, besides that he was only important for being Guy's pupil(not even his favorite) and for being the person who get beat up by Naruto so Naruto can prove all his haters wrong. Kinda fitting if you thing about it he was born a second class citizen, wasn't favorite by Guy, got screwed over by Naruto's plot, only person(his dad) who cared about him died when he was young, and he got no screen time(since Kisame at the start) or new attacks in shippuden, and he got a crappy death.
hope naruto does go super jinchuuriki that would be epic but unlikely

What is it?