Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Battlegrounds Versus Debates > Narutoverse

Narutoverse For all the debates involving characters from the Naruto series.

Old 12-19-2012, 02:50 PM   #61
JLI2infinity
Chunin Exam Proctor

JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.
Default Re: young obito vs young naruto???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heji Oka View Post
But my post does prove it however despite your reasons my examples still prove that in this similar situation that naruto would not summon gama. You are the one who has yet to show proof that while in character and with no one in danger that naruto would summon gama in this situation. So no matter what you say by evidence of the manga him summoning in this situation is OOC and therefore wouldn't happen.

Next of course he has full control of MS just look at the fight with minato obito was still a kid and look how much pressure he was able to place on minato. And as to the proof that obito was a kid Obito and Kakashi are stated to be the same age but a few months apart, there is a 13 to 14 year difference between kakashi and naruto so that means obito was 13 or 14 when he faced minato.

Naruto wouldn't know how to deal with obitos abilities and since its MS this also would allow obito to track narutos movements even if he can't find the real naruto timing on his ability to make himself intangible and taijutsu is enough since it has never been shown that naruto IC can kill with his clones in part one.
All you've shown is that you don't understand the proper use of OoC as a means for discarding a strategy in a thread.

OoC refers to strategies characters for one reason or another have specifically stated they cannot or do not perform. Batman using guns, Superman lobotomizing opponents, these are things you can use the OoC statement for, not just to disregard something inconvenient to your argument.

Obito vs Minato was not Obito as a kid, that is not "young" Obito it'd been over a year. That's like counting shippuden Naruto as "young" Naruto (also according to the databooks Naruto was 12 during the pre-TS years not 13). Obito on the other hand was around 13-14 during Gaiden.

Moreover, for the 100th time now Obito did those things under extreme trauma and with assistance. They do NOT count. I know you read where I've pointed this out numerous times so stop being so obtuse in your responses.
JLI2infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:51 PM   #62
PrinceofPeace
Banned

PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru Nara View Post
They're ICTK, not IC.
whats that?
PrinceofPeace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:57 PM   #63
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

IC = in character
ICTK = in character to kill
Shikamaru Nara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:59 PM   #64
PrinceofPeace
Banned

PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

so is the default ICTK?? I thought it was just IC
Old 12-19-2012, 03:02 PM   #65
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Bloodlust: It is assumed that each contestant in the arena will fight to his/her best ability. That means they will use any powers at their disposal. For example, even though The Flash doesn't clock each of his own opponents in the first picosecond in his own comic, it is assumed that is a viable tactic on this board since it is a proven fact that he possesses that level of speed. It is also assumed that the characters fight at their optimum levels of ability - not explicitly weakened or unusually powered up for those who have variable power levels.

They're in character but fighting to their best ability. Not BL though.
Shikamaru Nara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:09 PM   #66
PrinceofPeace
Banned

so fireballs are a go?
Old 12-20-2012, 03:02 AM   #67
Heji Oka
Academy Graduate

Heji Oka saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLI2infinity View Post
All you've shown is that you don't understand the proper use of OoC as a means for discarding a strategy in a thread.

OoC refers to strategies characters for one reason or another have specifically stated they cannot or do not perform. Batman using guns, Superman lobotomizing opponents, these are things you can use the OoC statement for, not just to disregard something inconvenient to your argument.

Obito vs Minato was not Obito as a kid, that is not "young" Obito it'd been over a year. That's like counting shippuden Naruto as "young" Naruto (also according to the databooks Naruto was 12 during the pre-TS years not 13). Obito on the other hand was around 13-14 during Gaiden.

Moreover, for the 100th time now Obito did those things under extreme trauma and with assistance. They do NOT count. I know you read where I've pointed this out numerous times so stop being so obtuse in your responses.
No what you have shown is that your use of the term OOC is narrow. While yes being OOC does mean things a person would never use or do it also points to what they would never use or do unless given a certain situation.

Exapmle
While yes it has been shown that Hal Jordan can use a fear ring it is OOC for him to use it without the situation calling for it.

While yes kisame can fuse with sharkskin to fight it would be OOC for him to do so against any and every opponent.

While yes kakashi can use water style ninjutsu it is OOC for him to use them without the given situation.

While yes Naruto can transform into1 tails, 2 tails, 3tails, 4 tails, 6 tails and 8 tails it is OOC for him to do that in every situation without the proper reasons or factors present.

While yes its been shown that kakashi can use genjutsu it would be OOC for him to do so in most situations.

Yes he was still young obito and actually naruto was 12 at the debut with his birthday being Oct 10 he came back as a 15 year old after timeskip which not too far from then has him as being 16 before the war arc meaning he was 13 before the time skip since he and jiraya were only gone 2 1/2 years meaning if he was 12 he would have been 14 going on 15 when he returned but instead he was already 15.

I've been apart of debate teams since I was in middle school, my years in high school and now that I'm in college I know how to research facts and prove my stance using the facts given.

Fact is Naruto IC wouldn't summon gama without the situation calling for it however now that it has been clarified that they are IK the restrictions that were on naruto are gone since now he would be enraged and them fighting to the best of their ability means that he could possibly summon in this situation so i will give this match to Naruto.

Last edited by Heji Oka; 12-20-2012 at 04:45 AM.
Heji Oka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 05:03 AM   #68
PrinceofPeace
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heji Oka View Post
No what you have shown is that your use of the term OOC is narrow. While yes being OOC does mean things a person would never use or do it also points to what they would never use or do unless given a certain situation.

Exapmle
While yes it has been shown that Hal Jordan can use a fear ring it is OOC for him to use it without the situation calling for it.

While yes kisame can fuse with sharkskin to fight it would be OOC for him to do so against any and every opponent.

While yes kakashi can use water style ninjutsu it is OOC for him to use them without the given situation.

While yes Naruto can transform into1 tails, 2 tails, 3tails, 4 tails, 6 tails and 8 tails it is OOC for him to do that in every situation without the proper reasons or factors present.

While yes its been shown that kakashi can use genjutsu it would be OOC for him to do so in most situations.

Yes he was still young obito and actually naruto was 12 at the debut with his birthday being Oct 10 he came back as a 15 year old after timeskip which not too far from then has him as being 16 before the war arc meaning he was 13 before the time skip since he and jiraya were only gone 2 1/2 years meaning if he was 12 he would have been 14 going on 15 when he returned but instead he was already 15.

I've been apart of debate teams since I was in middle school, my years in high school and now that I'm in college I know how to research facts and prove my stance using the facts given.

Fact is Naruto IC wouldn't summon gama without the situation calling for it however now that it has been clarified that they are IK the restrictions that were on naruto are gone since now he would be enraged and them fighting to the best of their ability means that he could possibly summon in this situation so i will give this match to Naruto.
I'm going leave that one for JL2