Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Manga Discussion

Naruto Manga Discussion All the latest discussions about the Naruto manga (beware, spoilers abound).

Old 12-18-2012, 02:29 PM   #101
WishfulFairie
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: In my own little world that's in my own little head
WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Chapter 614 Discussion

Like Vivi said, Neji protected the NaruHina shipping
He sacrificed the NejiHina one for NaruHina not NaruSaku.. Neji is a martyr to the Naruto manga and NaruHina shipping

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny
well, war babies come from war, nerd babies from from trees, peace babies come from birds, ect
WishfulFairie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:54 PM   #102
D 2008
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: I got lost on the road to life can someone please point me to my house. It is getting cold.
D 2008 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.D 2008 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.D 2008 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.D 2008 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

I feel sad for the Neji fans. He did at least die saving his friends so it wasn't in vain. I didn't think that one of the 12 would have died and so fast too with no big lead up to it.
I can't wait to see how Lee and guy will react to this, and Lee I guess will never be able get his goal of beating Neji in a fight.

"In the ninja world, those who break the rules are scum, that's true. But, those who abandon their friends are worse than scum." Kakashi Hatake

"The Copy Ninja Kakashi the man who copied one thousand techniques ... Is about to go on a rampage!" Kakashi Hatake

Support our troops
D 2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:57 PM   #103
Souret
Special Jonin Candidate

Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Souret

I liked his little thought to his dad for me that made his death amasing that and the "because I was called genius"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Souret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:31 PM   #104
Hidden Ninja45
Jonin

Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Awards Showcase

....refuse to believe this series would actually kill a main character. .....not believing that something stupid will happen and he will be revived.

Seriously though, wow, if Neji really does stay dead, I will be amazed.

Hidden Ninja45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:34 PM   #105
Vivi
Little Miss Spoiler
Formerly V-Valentine
Jonin

Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Neji's not a main character.

Jessie>Tifa and Aeris.
Vivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:00 PM   #106
Waterstar
Chunin Exam Participant

Location: Wanting to remove the sharingan from the people undeserving
Waterstar is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I say Obito cheated. He knew that the ninjas would do anything to protect Naruto and Bee and he used that to his advantage. Mybye like the ninja who died when Pein attacked, Neji will come back. Until then, kick Obito's butt, Naruto!!!! For Neji!!!

Sarutobi: Avenge your brothers-in-arms with honor, Naruto!! Good luck!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Just follow your heart and you can do anything.

Adopted:Sarutobi(the 3rd Hokage)

From the village hidden in the Mountians
Head band:

Waterstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:05 PM   #107
Rezeon
Genin

Rezeon is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rezeon is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rezeon is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rezeon is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Hm, Neji's death felt a little forced. I think Kishi did it to try and return some sense of danger since most people here have commented about the feeling that nobody noteworthy will die. So minor cast member Neji is sacrificed to try and show that anyone is fair game. It is a common thing to do at the end of a long running series when fans have gotten used to the predictable rythm of things.

Whether or not Kishi follows this with the death of any more of Naruto's friends or not is up in the air. If he gets to crazy with the death then people will assume a reset button will get pressed (heck, Obito even mentioned the same reset button that was used in the Pain arc)

My thoughts on who from the remaining Kohoha 10 is in danger/safe:
-Naruto : Duh, Kishi's messiah hero can't die at this point in the story. Safe
-Sakura : Some people think her death would be dramatic, but I feel it would be wasteful. With the flack he already gets for underusing her I think Kishi would lose more than he would gain by her death. Safe
-Shikamaru : His popularity pretty much shields him at this stage, he is now the defacto brains of the alliance by process of elimination. Safe
-Choji : He isn't exactly a headliner so he could be in jeopardy, but he is also part of a trio that is being pushed to replace the old guard. Safe
-Ino : With her father dead she now has to step up and surpass him. Safe
-Hinata : Kishi already tried this in the Pain arc and the fan backlash was so fierce that he had to abort the attempt right before the scripted mass revival happened. At this point if she dies it will be purely out of spite towards her popularity. Safe
-Kiba : Kiba is an odd character, he is essentially now the character that Naruto used to be before the timeskip. His role is relatively redundant at this point, and he has plenty of older family members who have remained safe and don't seem to have any focus right now. I personally like his character, but sadly he just hasn't made himself relevant enough to avoid danger at this point. In Danger
-Shino : Oh god Shino, the semi-interesting character that Kishi doesn't like using because of how tedius it is to draw his bugs He might as well have a bullseye on his back, the only way he is surviving this fight is if the badguys don't notice him. In Danger
-Rock Lee : As a student working to surpass his teacher, who has been on the chopping block this entire fight, I think he is relatively safe. Safe
-Ten Ten : The girl with no last name. Of all the Konoha 10 she is the most likely girl to die a horrible death. Kishi has put almost no work at all into developing her so I don't think he would bat an eye at sacrificing her. In Danger

Personally I still stand by my belief that it is more likely that we will see the old farts die to make room for the kids to take over in the post war era. I wouldn't be suprised if nobody else from the Konoha 10 dies at this point, Kishi has made his point, Neji's sacrifice has served to shake up the status quo.

----

Personally I didn't like Naruto suddenly being so overwhelmed with shock over Shikaku's and Inoichi's deaths. During the Pain arc he seemed to have matured a bit when he noticed Kakashi was dead, but he didn't start freaking out about it or go all depressed. He just sucked it up and moved forward. Now it seems like he has reverted a little to the kid from the Part 1 Zabuza arc that didn't quite grasp the realities and dangers of the ninja world.

I did however like Neji's monologue to Naruto where he told him that with Hinata willing to be his shield his life wasn't his to risk anymore. It was such a blatant ship tease moment. It seems like with this fight Kishi is trying to bridge the gulf between Naruto and Hinata limited interactions to make the ship a bit more workable as a couple.

The exchange between Obito and Madara was a mixed bag for me. On the plus side it further put a rift between the two by revealing that Obito doesn't really want to enact Madara's end game. On the downside it revealed that Obito indeed has the same mass revival reset button that Nagato used at the end of the Pain arc. This only undermines the sense of danger that Neji's death was suppossed to provide.

I'm still leaning towards Kishi going with the super happy ending scenario.
Rezeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:07 PM   #108
PrinceofPeace
Banned

PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Did anyone else get a NaruHina sensation ... or was it just me?
PrinceofPeace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:07 PM   #109
Narutorious
Chunin Exam Proctor

Narutorious has completed a tough C-rank mission!Narutorious has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Geez I'm angry & disappointed, why couldn't let Hinata or Hiashi do the sacrifice?! I wanted Neji to live!!!
Narutorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:10 PM   #110
LilHinataGirl
Special Jonin Candidate

LilHinataGirl is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.LilHinataGirl is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.LilHinataGirl is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
LilHinataGirl is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.LilHinataGirl is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to LilHinataGirl Send a message via Yahoo to LilHinataGirl Send a message via Skype™ to LilHinataGirl

You know how badly pissed off my brother was ..

Me: hey bro!
Him: what?
Me: wanna know who just died in Naruto?
Him: Who?
Me: Neji...
Him: ...... O____O!!!! Oh HELLLLLLLL no!!!!!!! This is a lie ima kick Kishimoto's asss :<<<<
Me: but he lives in Japan xD
Him: who cares we are trading our tickets and going to Japan!! Revenge !!! (He was joking on this part)
Me: hey wanna know something else?
Him: what?
Me: he might kill off Kiba too !
And he went berserk xD ! My brother was like "killing off my favorite characters?! Damnit!!! Hellllll no!!! :'<<<<" ...

LHG

LilHinataGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:15 PM   #111
WishfulFairie
Special Jonin Candidate

WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

@Rezeon
Shino isn't dying dammit! >.<
TenTen can't die, she's the one who's gonna save the world with her banana fan.
my money's on Kiba

Quote:
well, war babies come from war, nerd babies from from trees, peace babies come from birds, ect
Old 12-18-2012, 04:18 PM   #112
PrinceofPeace
Banned

PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

I pray kiba dies!!!!! AKamaru FOREVER
PrinceofPeace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:19 PM   #113
JazzJunkie4
Veteran Chunin

JazzJunkie4 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JazzJunkie4 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JazzJunkie4 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JazzJunkie4 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Naruto will go super saiyan and the scroll will be the location of the seven dragon balls, this series is all laid out now.
Old 12-18-2012, 04:24 PM   #114
Noctis Arashi
is rapidly losing blood from Naijeru's jugular attack
Formerly Susanoo

Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Noctis Arashi

This is all just to set up Lee vs Madara. Maybe with some Guy thrown in there.

Imagine how pissed Lee and Guy are now that Neji is dead? Also, remember how they mentioned that madara needed to be confronted by taijutsu users? HMMMM.
Grand Master Roleplayer
Just Call Me Legendary Hoe -Fliparrachii Approved
Old 12-18-2012, 04:32 PM   #115
LilHinataGirl
Special Jonin Candidate

LilHinataGirl is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.LilHinataGirl is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.LilHinataGirl is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
LilHinataGirl is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.LilHinataGirl is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to LilHinataGirl Send a message via Yahoo to LilHinataGirl Send a message via Skype™ to LilHinataGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noctis Arashi View Post
This is all just to set up Lee vs Madara. Maybe with some Guy thrown in there.

Imagine how pissed Lee and Guy are now that Neji is dead? Also, remember how they mentioned that madara needed to be confronted by taijutsu users? HMMMM.
Excellent thought ... I agree

LHG

Old 12-18-2012, 04:47 PM   #116
Sabaku.Soso
Special Jonin Candidate

Sabaku.Soso is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Sabaku.Soso is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Sabaku.Soso is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Sabaku.Soso is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Sabaku.Soso is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Sabaku.Soso is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

First of all, to those who say Neji died to protect "NaruHina", Im begging you, please be a little bit more thoughtful. Sacrificing one of the main and most loved characters just to support that kind of ? If you wanna read romantic manga that much, then move, this is a fighting one.
Second of all, Neji is not a main character? Then tell me what's a "main character" to you guys?
And Im pretty much pissed off now. Just why the hell did Kishi kill Neji instead of Hinata? For the series to be more interesting? No, if so, keep the stronger one and kill the weak. Because of the popularity? No, Neji is ways more popular. Someone need to die? You just killed a bunch of people last chapter, good and useful people, remember? But someone should die in front of Naruto so he can full awake his power? No, you could've killed Hinata, couldnt you?

Sabaku.Soso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:51 PM   #117
WishfulFairie
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku.Soso View Post
First of all, to those who say Neji died to protect "NaruHina", Im begging you, please be a little bit more thoughtful. Sacrificing one of the main and most loved characters just to support that kind of ? If you wanna read romantic manga that much, then move, this is a fighting one.
You understand we're joking right...? Neji has no idea what people in this world are shipping

Quote:
Old 12-18-2012, 04:56 PM   #118
Sabaku.Soso
Special Jonin Candidate

Sabaku.Soso is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Sabaku.Soso is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Sabaku.Soso is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Sabaku.Soso is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Sabaku.Soso is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Sabaku.Soso is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

really? something like that is all over my FB and its even here so I thought you guys are serious yeah, those'd better be jokes

Sabaku.Soso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 05:02 PM   #119
Vivi
Little Miss Spoiler
Formerly V-Valentine
Jonin

Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku.Soso View Post
First of all, to those who say Neji died to protect "NaruHina", Im begging you, please be a little bit more thoughtful.
Sacrificing one of the main and most loved characters just to support that kind of ? If you wanna read romantic manga that much, then move, this is a fighting one.
Second of all, Neji is not a main character? Then tell me what's a "main character" to you guys?
And Im pretty much pissed off now. Just why the hell did Kishi kill Neji instead of Hinata? For the series to be more interesting? No, if so, keep the stronger one and kill the weak. Because of the popularity? No, Neji is ways more popular. Someone need to die? You just killed a bunch of people last chapter, good and useful people, remember? But someone should die in front of Naruto so he can full awake his power? No, you could've killed Hinata, couldnt you?
A main character is THE central figure of a story so Naruto.Neji is a side character/support character.

I wonder why Kishimoto saved an entire shipping fandom.HMMMMMMMMMMM.

Jessie>Tifa and Aeris.
Vivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 05:16 PM   #120
LilHinataGirl
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

If Kishimoto wanted to kill Hinata he would of done so ... But it strings to a bunch of hints and messages ... Why would he save Hinata with Naruto ... It's an eyesore, really but he did it with a huge trolling smile as he drew that scene ...

He either supports now or he's trolling his fans !!

LHG