Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Great Off-Topica > General Contests

General Contests Wanna compete against your fellow forum members for special awards? Do you wanna set up and run your own contest?!

Old 12-16-2012, 02:15 PM   #1
pokeruto
Chunin Exam Participant

pokeruto has completed a tough C-rank mission!pokeruto has completed a tough C-rank mission!pokeruto has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Default Competitive Pokemon Tournament! *Battles Thread*

With our submission closing tomorrow, the Competitive Pokemon Tournament can soon begin!
The actual battles will not start until all the teams are in. After that is done battles will take place when both battlers for a round are online and ready to battle, as well as a "witness." The witness can be any of the competitors, or my good friend Shadowshrub. He does not have an account here on the forums, but he does on Pokemon Showdown, and he'll tell me the results of a match.

Before the battle takes place, both battlers must agree that they are battling for the tournament. After the battle, both the winner will post in this thread, and the loser will have to say that the posted result is true. If there are disagreements, then the witness will have to post what they saw, and one of the three will need to post a screen shot of the match as proof. If a witness sides with a battler, and there is no screen shot or other proof (such as a battle log) then that battler will be the winner.
Now I feel that I can trust everyone here, so this should not be an issue.
Anything excuses "But he won with a crit!" Or "I MISSED EVERY MOVE" will be ignored as they are part of the game, and a win with a crit will count as a win.

Brackets:
Spoiler:

Remember, it is Double Elimination, so if you lose a match, you are still in the tournament.

From now on, any questions and discussion should be posted here.

Competitors with teams in:
Red
Pool
Rasen_Chidori
Vivi
Hozuki
InnerSakura
Fukai Tsumi
Shukketsu
Maikeru D. Shinigami
Leewannabe
Ninyn
ILIKEPIE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by pokeruto; 02-08-2013 at 10:06 AM.
pokeruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:58 PM   #2
Vivi
Little Miss Spoiler
Formerly V-Valentine
Jonin

Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Competitive Pokemon Tournament! *Battles Thread*

It is changed out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jessie>Tifa and Aeris.
Vivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:19 PM   #3
Pool
Special Jonin Candidate

Pool just might be Kage someday.
Pool just might be Kage someday.Pool just might be Kage someday.Pool just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Awesome, can't wait.

Pool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:26 PM   #4
Hozuki
Special Jonin Candidate

Hozuki is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Hozuki is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Hozuki is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Hozuki is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Hozuki is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Hozuki is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Luving my avatar

Btw, I'm actually using Pokemon Online. Pokemon Showdown is way too slow.

Click the spoiler!!!
Spoiler:

Last edited by Hozuki; 12-16-2012 at 03:29 PM.
Hozuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 04:23 PM   #5
pokeruto
Chunin Exam Participant

pokeruto has completed a tough C-rank mission!pokeruto has completed a tough C-rank mission!pokeruto has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
It is changed out.
Okay, perfect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hozuki View Post
Luving my avatar

Btw, I'm actually using Pokemon Online. Pokemon Showdown is way too slow.
I'm sorry, but we'll have t do battles unless PS, since everyone else is using that. I agree with you that PS is a little slower and buggier, but it's the people's choice.
If you are up against someone who is willing to use PO, and there is a witness for PO, too, then go right ahead. But PS will be out default simulator.

Thank Pool for being cool about the Giovanni avatar

Old 12-16-2012, 04:27 PM   #6
Noctis Arashi
is rapidly losing blood from Naijeru's jugular attack
Formerly Susanoo

Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Noctis Arashi

Pool's gonna kick all your asses.
Grand Master Roleplayer
Just Call Me Legendary Hoe -Fliparrachii Approved
Old 12-16-2012, 04:29 PM   #7
Pool
Special Jonin Candidate

Pool just might be Kage someday.Pool just might be Kage someday.Pool just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeruto View Post
Okay, perfect.

I'm sorry, but we'll have t do battles unless PS, since everyone else is using that. I agree with you that PS is a little slower and buggier, but it's the people's choice.
If you are up against someone who is willing to use PO, and there is a witness for PO, too, then go right ahead. But PS will be out default simulator.

Thank Pool for being cool about the Giovanni avatar
I'm as chill as a Frillish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noctis Arashi View Post
/thread

Old 12-16-2012, 04:42 PM   #8
pokeruto
Chunin Exam Participant

Quote:
Spoiler:

Old 12-16-2012, 04:57 PM   #9
Noctis Arashi
Formerly Susanoo

Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

It's cause I get all the bi-

*squints*
Grand Master Roleplayer
Old 12-16-2012, 04:59 PM   #10
pokeruto
Chunin Exam Participant

Brackets are up in OP.

Quote:
It's cause I get all the bi-

*squints*
hahaha.....well if you look at it with a certain mind set.....

Last edited by pokeruto; 12-16-2012 at 06:00 PM.
Old 12-16-2012, 05:11 PM   #11
InnerSakura
Special Jonin Candidate

InnerSakura strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.InnerSakura strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.InnerSakura strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.InnerSakura strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.InnerSakura strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.InnerSakura strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.InnerSakura strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.InnerSakura strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.InnerSakura strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.InnerSakura strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.InnerSakura strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.InnerSakura strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.InnerSakura strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.

Quote:
Hahaha, maybe, but you never know. hehehe

Sakura <3's Aeo

CHAAA!!!!!

InnerSakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 05:24 PM   #12
Pool
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

So. I get a bye.

Old 12-16-2012, 05:36 PM   #13
ILIKEPIE
ILIKETURTLES
WS-Genin

ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Picking a team has been really difficult so far

Spoiler:

Quote:
pie like pies XD (put this in your siggy and I give free pie)

Kani wuuuuuuz here.
IG was here
ILIKEPIE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 06:57 PM   #14
pokeruto
Chunin Exam Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILIKEPIE View Post
Picking a team has been really difficult so far
It's alright, there's still a week until I'll start pressuring you all.

But seriously, I can help you build your team. Here's some general advice:

Spoiler:
Start with a Pokemon that you like, then build your team around that core based on type coverage and stat coverage.
For example, Say you pick a Reuniclus, a psychic special attacker. What types are super effective against psychic? Ghost, Bug and Dark. So pick a Pokemon that can handle those types and a Pokemon made to do something other than special attacking, such as being a physical attacker, physical defense, revenge killer, etc.

If you want more help or more specific help pm me, or PM Shadowshrub, as he's an expert in team building, and I forced him to help with this thing
and he's the one who helped me make my first teams.

Last edited by pokeruto; 12-16-2012 at 07:36 PM.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:52 PM   #15
Cupcake
Veteran Chunin
Formerly and Forever Apa

Cupcake has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Cupcake has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Cupcake has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Cupcake has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Cupcake has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Cupcake has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Cupcake has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Awards Showcase

Man, if i could hook my ds to wifi, i'd so beat all of you.

All I want are the brains of Gwen Stacy....

....with the body of Mary Jane
Cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:53 PM   #16
Noctis Arashi
Formerly Susanoo

Awards Showcase

Good thing this isn't through DS or Wifi. Silly apa.
Grand Master Roleplayer
Old 12-16-2012, 08:54 PM   #17
Cupcake
Veteran Chunin
Formerly and Forever Apa

Cupcake has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Cupcake has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Cupcake has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Cupcake has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Cupcake has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Cupcake has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Cupcake has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Awards Showcase

Oh. I didnt even read it. >///> I tldr'd. Now I am ashamed.

All I want are the brains of Gwen Stacy....

....with the body of Mary Jane
Cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:56 PM   #18
Noctis Arashi
Formerly Susanoo

Awards Showcase

It's ok. Honest mistake. *pats*
Grand Master Roleplayer
Old 12-17-2012, 02:37 PM   #19
pokeruto
Chunin Exam Participant

With the sign ups closed, this thread will be the new HQ for the tournament.

As Devroux had to withdraw, and two new competitors joined, the brackets have changed, and are now the permanent brackets.

Old 12-18-2012, 12:49 PM   #20
Hozuki
Special Jonin Candidate

Hozuki is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Hozuki is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Hozuki is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Hozuki is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Hozuki is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Hozuki is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

I don't see any brackets o.o

Click the spoiler!!!
Spoiler:

Hozuki is offline   Reply With Quote