Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Cutting Edge > Entertainment

Entertainment A place where you can have discussions about music, tv, movies, sports and anything else pertaining to entertainment.

Old 12-13-2012, 03:00 PM   #1
Souret
Special Jonin Candidate

Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Souret
Default The Hobbit

Have you guys seen it yet? We went to see it this evening and I'm litterally in love, it was such a good film. The graphics were really amazing.

If you have seen it what did you think of it?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Souret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:09 PM   #2
Hipster22
Genin

Hipster22 has completed a tough C-rank mission!Hipster22 has completed a tough C-rank mission!Hipster22 has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Default Re: The Hobbit

did u watch it in imax? or regular?
Hipster22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 04:39 AM   #3
Souret
Special Jonin Candidate

Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Souret is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Regular :-) it was sooo good

Old 12-14-2012, 06:16 PM   #4
Cloukora
Special Jonin Candidate

Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

I watched it in 3D. IT WAS AMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZING. During the elven scenes I just wanted to watch the water the whole time. It was entrancing O_O

Cloukora was here.
Fight back against bullies! Go down on your feet, not your knees!

Thunder Buddy: Pool
Friends: Tifa Legacy, Ino's Girl, deadtaka, Sagemaster, Apa, Sai's Brother, Taker, The Shady Ninja, Shayd, Kanisawa,Vino, Hikari-Chan, Leaf, Ninja Pink, and many more
[/LEFT]
Cloukora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 05:00 AM   #5
Marium
Freshmen Academy Student

Marium saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

I haven't watched it yet cause I'm waiting for a get-together when all of my friends are free from their Xmas.
Marium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 05:35 AM   #6
Throw Rasen-Shuriken
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: Drifting through the cold walls, dancing in the subtle shadows, always never ending up anywhere...
Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Throw Rasen-Shuriken

Well of course it would be good, being a New Zealand Director and a lot of the parts of the movie was filmed and produced right here in my very own little country NZ, heh. ^_^
Just like Lord of the Rings.

/Brags just 'cause I can.
lolz
Since I am only one of the few NZ'ers around here.

BF:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Throw Rasen-Shuriken; 12-15-2012 at 05:38 AM.
Throw Rasen-Shuriken is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:52 AM   #7
Bazk
Genin Elite

Bazk is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Bazk is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Bazk is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Bazk is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

6/10 so clearly he wants more money for this, some parts was just dragged on forever and some scenes was just stupid for the reason to be "funny"
Bazk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 08:11 AM   #8
Souret
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloukora View Post
I watched it in 3D. IT WAS AMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZING. During the elven scenes I just wanted to watch the water the whole time. It was entrancing O_O
Was the bit with the mountain giants good in 3D??

Old 12-15-2012, 09:25 AM   #9
moonwatcher
The girl known as Raspy

moonwatcher is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.moonwatcher is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
moonwatcher is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.moonwatcher is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.moonwatcher is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.moonwatcher is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.moonwatcher is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.moonwatcher is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.moonwatcher is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.moonwatcher is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to moonwatcher

Hasn't seen it yet! ;~;
moonwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:02 AM   #10
Twilit Lion (Leo)
has lost his jugular to Naijeru

Twilit Lion (Leo) completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Twilit Lion (Leo) completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Twilit Lion (Leo) completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Twilit Lion (Leo) completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Twilit Lion (Leo) completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Twilit Lion (Leo) completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Twilit Lion (Leo) completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Twilit Lion (Leo) completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Twilit Lion (Leo) completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Twilit Lion (Leo) completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Twilit Lion (Leo) completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Twilit Lion (Leo) completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Awards Showcase

Yeah the movie was awesome! I saw it yesterday with some of my friends....but that's a long story.

Spoiler:
Quote:
Actually, if anyone's egotistical.....it's me. o.o
Quote:
The proof is in this quote. Alex feels the need to insert himself into ANY conversation, even if he makes himself look like an idiot doing.
Quote:
Why thank you!........I think. o.o

6/17/10

I'm the Silver eyed Lion King
I'm a Christian and don't care what everyone else thinks about me. If you feel the same, copy and paste this into your sig
Twilit Lion (Leo) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:33 AM   #11
Elena Gilbert
Academy Graduate

Elena Gilbert saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!Elena Gilbert saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

haven't seen yet..
Old 12-15-2012, 01:37 PM   #12
Souret
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Totaly worth your time, if no one would have gone with me I probably would have happily gone alone, I just wish it wasn't split in three XD

Old 12-15-2012, 05:23 PM   #13
Cloukora
Special Jonin Candidate

Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Cloukora is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souret View Post
Was the bit with the mountain giants good in 3D??
yeah, but even without 3D the scene amazed me, it was just so much happening at once. I can't explain it in words.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Souret View Post
Totaly worth your time, if no one would have gone with me I probably would have happily gone alone, I just wish it wasn't split in three XD
Eh, I kinda like it. It gives time to build characters more and relationships. Add more depth to it. I'm not saying Tolkien's version is bad, which I actually never read it, but I enjoyed it more than the cartoon version.
I thought Legolas was supposed to be in it though? Or is it the next one?

Cloukora was here.
Fight back against bullies! Go down on your feet, not your knees!

Thunder Buddy: Pool
Friends: Tifa Legacy, Ino's Girl, deadtaka, Sagemaster, Apa, Sai's Brother, Taker, The Shady Ninja, Shayd, Kanisawa,Vino, Hikari-Chan, Leaf, Ninja Pink, and many more
[/LEFT]
Cloukora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 05:25 PM   #14
ILIKEPIE
ILIKETURTLES
WS-Genin

ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

too many movies and shows are being flimed in NZ now. LA used to be where the movies were made but now it's overseas because it's cheaper to flim over there

Spoiler:

Quote:
pie like pies XD (put this in your siggy and I give free pie)

Kani wuuuuuuz here.
IG was here
ILIKEPIE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:05 AM   #15
Hinata126
Chunin Exam Proctor

Hinata126 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Hinata126 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Hinata126 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Hinata126 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Hinata126 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Hinata126 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

I can't wait to watch it on wednesday!!!!!!!!!

Member of the Village Hidden In The Shadows and proud.
Owner Of the
Offitial FCs.

Spoiler:

Hinata126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 12:24 PM   #16
Souret
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloukora View Post

Eh, I kinda like it. It gives time to build characters more and relationships. Add more depth to it. I'm not saying Tolkien's version is bad, which I actually never read it, but I enjoyed it more than the cartoon version.
I thought Legolas was supposed to be in it though? Or is it the next one?
His father was in it but I haven't read the book either so I don't know if he is in the next one

Old 12-16-2012, 12:38 PM   #17
ObitoUchiha
Special Jonin Candidate

ObitoUchiha is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
ObitoUchiha is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.ObitoUchiha is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.ObitoUchiha is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.ObitoUchiha is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.ObitoUchiha is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.ObitoUchiha is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.ObitoUchiha is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.ObitoUchiha is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.ObitoUchiha is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.ObitoUchiha is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.ObitoUchiha is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Okay, I voluntarily read the book in 7th grade.

I am the oldest child, and was not heavily swayed, I just saw the book and chose to read it. I brought it to school, and become absorbed. It was a big book for my age, and it took a month or two for me to read it (Not a slow reader, but I did have schoolwork).

I remember my lit teacher talk to someone else as they walked in about the fact that I was reading that book... well now my brother says all 7th grade children are reading the hobbit. Assigned by the teachers. I do not know if I was the reason or even if I swayed it, but... if I did I am glad.

I introduced the children to great literature. It is a great book, and the movie showed it off so well. I give it a 9.5/10. There was quite a lot of filler that was not in the book in any way... movie/mild book spoilers incoming
Spoiler:
In the book, Thorin did wish to know what happened to his father, Thrain. He did eventually learn that he was indeed killed, but we never knew who. There was no pale orc, but the book might have said he was killed in a fight with orcs. There was never a lone character selected as the killer of Thrain.

The Necromancer stuff seems odd. I don't remember reading about him, and if I did, he was in no way a MAJOR character.

When Gandalf was talking to the people... that whole scene was left out of the book. That was actually nice to see, but it was different.

Rata-tat-tat the brown (That's my name for him because I can't remember) may have been mentioned in the book, but he was never encountered. If he was brought up, it was when Bilbo/Dwarves asked about the wizards.

I don't remember the epic cave fight with the dwarves when Bilbo was separated. Right before he was separated and right when they met up.... those were spot-on. It would also explain how he could have been separated the whole time and yet NOBODY NOTICED HE WAS GONE.

Last but not least, the final fight scene between... well all the good guys, and a pac of orcs led by the pale one... happened, but with no pale orc. They had been ambushed, and were cornered. They fought with fireballs, and scared the orcs off.

But I can absolutely say... the Gollum/Smeagol scene (It's in every trailer...) was excellent. And one of my favorite parts of the book, the troll scene, was excellent.
It was the first scene of, 'Tolkien Magic' I had seen.

(^ ^)/)))
/_!_\ Hidan to Kakuzu: Draw me like one of your RICH girls...

Quote:
Wrinkles makes Obito tingle (#^.^#)
Official Co-leader of the Official
FC!

I'm a Christian and don't care what everyone else thinks about me. If you feel the same, copy and paste this into your signature
ObitoUchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 12:43 PM   #18
ItachiKisame
Special Jonin Candidate

ItachiKisame completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.ItachiKisame completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.ItachiKisame completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.ItachiKisame completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.ItachiKisame completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.ItachiKisame completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.ItachiKisame completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.ItachiKisame completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.ItachiKisame completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.ItachiKisame completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.ItachiKisame completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.ItachiKisame completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.ItachiKisame completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.ItachiKisame completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.ItachiKisame completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

I saw it a little while ago it was pretty good so far and im sure it will get even better as it goes on. Luckily it will be a three year thing to get all the movies done like the Lord of the Rings series which is good since I would hate to wait two or three years just to see the second one.>.>
ItachiKisame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:11 PM   #19
Jakropha
Your Lord Zetsoom

Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

I liked it, but my census concurs with Obito.

I don't like how they are going to take Witch King, my favorite Lotr character, and make him basically, a butchered final villain

Also, Legolas is in the part where the goblin war happens.
About the part where Thorin dies.

Jakropha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:57 PM   #20
Merechan
Chunin Exam Participant

Merechan is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Merechan is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Merechan is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Merechan is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Merechan is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

I went on Saturday. I needed to go to the bathroom really bad for about two hours, and around the part with Gollum I was VERY uncomfortable but I didn't want to leave lest I miss anything. Needless to say I was very happy when the ending credits finally rolled.

Apart from that, it was a fantastic movie! 10/10, would see again when I'm not nearly as uncomfortable.

▲ ▲

hufflepuff

Merechan is offline   Reply With Quote