Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Cutting Edge > Debate Forum

Debate Forum Debate interesting non-Naruto topics. All forum rules apply.

Old 12-12-2012, 10:53 PM   #61
D 2008
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: I got lost on the road to life can someone please point me to my house. It is getting cold.
D 2008 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.D 2008 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.D 2008 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.D 2008 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: Death,does anyone deserve it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
What if you have to take a life to protect a life?

BTW I'm a Christian too. But I think the situation is not
as simple as "turn the other cheek" which by the way
doesn't mean to be a push over and let yourself get abused.
Instead it's speaking out against retaliation but not justice.
If a gunman is about to shout someone and the only way to stop the gunman from killing the person is to kill them then yes. I would not blame the person for killing the gunman.

But still if it is possible to take the gunman out without killing then we should. Killing should be the last resort.

"In the ninja world, those who break the rules are scum, that's true. But, those who abandon their friends are worse than scum." Kakashi Hatake

"The Copy Ninja Kakashi the man who copied one thousand techniques ... Is about to go on a rampage!" Kakashi Hatake

Support our troops

Last edited by D 2008; 12-12-2012 at 11:19 PM.
D 2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:59 PM   #62
Shisko Shi
Special Jonin Candidate

Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shisko Shi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Shisko Shi

^ That depends, me Being in BJJ If i am close enough Then i dont hav e to kill just put him to sleep. Long Range then how would i kill him? throw something at him? then id still use BJJ. Either way that is still very true on the point of when someone dies.

Is it Just? Is it right? Is it any diffrent then the gunman? I believe with this discusion it really all depends, you know what i mean.

Shisko Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:07 PM   #63
Noctis Arashi
is rapidly losing blood from Naijeru's jugular attack
Formerly Susanoo

Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Noctis Arashi

In that circumstance, there's a lot of things that could mess with people's code of ethics. Personally, for me, screw that guy trying to shoot someone. I'd kill him with my bare hands. Regardless of circumstance.

But what if that guy is robbing the first woman he sees because he can't afford the surgery to save his only newborn son's life? What if he's gone through all of the options he could and that was a last resort? You'd feel pretty damn bad for killing him, right?

The topic of death is something that's just so blissfully abstract that no one truly knows, but everyone understands it's meaning. When you're dead, you're gone from this earth. GG. So on the topic of people deserving to die, yeah. Why not? People die all the damn time. Some could even argue that homicide could be considered natural causes. A life holds as much or as little meaning as people assign it. I believe in equivalent exchange to a certain extent. But I also think that on a different level, we could spend our time more logically instead of morally. Use the damn murderers for free labor, force their life to be for the benefit of others. Against their will.

Yeah... let's do that.
Grand Master Roleplayer
Just Call Me Legendary Hoe -Fliparrachii Approved
Old 12-14-2012, 10:41 PM   #64
mrsticky005

mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shisko Shi View Post
That is very true. The Bible also says, "Let he who is with out sin, be the first to throw the first stone." But i Dont believe You can really argue with Religion. Thats like saying Gay can not be married because god hates gays or what ever. It isn't a valid argument. Untill the day Everyone is the same religion or God comes out infront of everyone to see to prove with out a doute.

( Sorry for grammer, pluse this isn't directed towards you manly Sticky but also the other guy talking about Christianity. I agree with you. Pluse I am a Christian too.)
Actually I quite disagree. You CAN argue with religion.
At the very least what I mean is that you can validate
what is and isn't consistent with that religion and it's teachings.
Despite what many think religion is NOT arbitrarily decided.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Spam once and the forum will be annoyed.
Spam twice and warnings will be deployed
Spam thrice and a infraction you will receive
Spam 8,984 times and a FAIL Agent you''ll soon be.

...At least in my case.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
mrsticky005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:43 PM   #65
Noctis Arashi
is rapidly losing blood from Naijeru's jugular attack
Formerly Susanoo

Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Noctis Arashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
Actually I quite disagree. You CAN argue with religion.
At the very least what I mean is that you can validate
what is and isn't consistent with that religion and it's teachings.
Despite what many think religion is NOT arbitrarily decided.
Not that I disagree, which I don't, but could you elaborate?
Grand Master Roleplayer
Just Call Me Legendary Hoe -Fliparrachii Approved
Old 12-14-2012, 11:46 PM   #66
mrsticky005

mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noctis Arashi View Post
Not that I disagree, which I don't, but could you elaborate?
What I mean is there is a tendency to think that religion is as simplistic
as "because the bible told me so". I mean it CAN be but if that was your
approach you would be laughed out of any "serious" theology school.
Theologians have seriously debated these kind of questions for CENTURIES.
It makes me laugh when people think they can post a clever image meme
and they have "won" the debate. As I said I am Christian but I don't
delude myself into thinking I stand any chance in a debate against
the likes of someone like the late Christopher Hitchens. I of course
certainly don't agree with him but only a fool would deny his skill in
rhetoric and argument. Similarly I think there are Christian thinkers
as well as thinkers of other faiths who provide that same level
of challenge. Of course being Christian I obviously have that bias
but I think that should explain my point.

Spam once and the forum will be annoyed.
Spam twice and warnings will be deployed
Spam thrice and a infraction you will receive
Spam 8,984 times and a FAIL Agent you''ll soon be.

...At least in my case.
mrsticky005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 04:25 AM   #67
Ninja of Cao
Banned

Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Ninja of Cao completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Yahoo to Ninja of Cao

Killing is always wrong, whether it is commited by terrorists, murderers, police or desperate people in need.

Of course I do not blame you if you kill in self-defense against a person who was about to murder you, but if there should often be a more peaceful way to solve the problem. Although I agree with the majority - some people are so evil that they definitely deserve to die - I oppose the death penalty. There is always a chance that the convict is innocent of their crime and then the government is no better than a fascist dictatorship for murdering innocent citizens. It would be better for the police to only kill criminals in the act, but only to save more lives than they sacrifice.

To conclude it all: killing is wrong, death penalty is wrong, defending yourself can be done without killing anyone.
Ninja of Cao is offline   Reply With Quote