Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Cutting Edge > Debate Forum

Debate Forum Debate interesting non-Naruto topics. All forum rules apply.

Old 11-29-2012, 06:03 AM   #141
Larry01239
Special Jonin Candidate

Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: Suicide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saiyan View Post
but no one has the right to say it's okay.
1st amendment says I do have the right.
Larry01239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:33 PM   #142
Saiyan
Chunin Exam Proctor

Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry01239 View Post
1st amendment says I do have the right.
yeah you can say alot of things with the 1st amendment but that doesn't make it right it just makes it lawful
Saiyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:39 PM   #143
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

He wasn't justifying it, he was just saying that it's in his palette of constitutional rights to say whatever he wants to. I don't think he was aiming for morality or anything like that in his post.
Shikamaru Nara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:41 PM   #144
Saiyan
Chunin Exam Proctor

Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru Nara View Post
He wasn't justifying it, he was just saying that it's in his palette of constitutional rights to say whatever he wants to. I don't think he was aiming for morality or anything like that in his post.
I know, and the point he's making is valid. He can say that legally if he wants (according to my limited understanding of the law) I still stand-by it's not a morally correct thing to do advocate suicide (which could be considered encouraging/promoting it)
Old 12-05-2012, 08:14 AM   #145
Larry01239
Special Jonin Candidate

Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Morality is subjective.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:06 AM   #146
Saiyan
Chunin Exam Proctor

Quote:
Morality is subjective.
It's written in stone..literally.

Take two tablets and call me in the morning

Last edited by Saiyan; 12-06-2012 at 12:13 AM.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:12 AM   #147
Larry01239
Special Jonin Candidate

That is "gods" version of morality.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:41 PM   #148
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
That is "gods" version of morality.
to expand on what Larry said

That's the same "gods" morality that allowed a prophet to summon bears to murder children who teased him...and then cast their parents into hell for raising little douches

the same morality that says selling your daughter into slavery is totally okay and that you should burn a women for wearing different types of fabric

the same morality that says any man who has lost his genitals may never enter the kingdom of heaven under any circumstances

I don't care if your Hindu, a Buddhist or a Muslim, Jew or Christian- you're operating with morality that's six thousand years old (in the case of the big three) and eight to ten thousand years old in the case of the Eastern faiths..and come from cultures that were and in many cases still are morally backwards..and pretty horrific

Look I'm not saying I completely agree with anyone advocating suicide for everything but I think if you are suffering extremely badly if you are in a situation like someone with severe MS and are wheel chair bound and can barely even breath without a machine...it is your right to contemplate suicide- you have the choice it should never be pushed on you one way or the other. That's your natural right to chose to end your suffering

but I think beyond such extreme circumstances you owe your species a bit more and life shouldn't be ended unless the alternative is unthinkable or unimaginable

but for the love god do not push Religious morality on the masses it's not very moral to begin with

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Immortal Watch Dog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:37 PM   #149
Saiyan
Chunin Exam Proctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Immortal Watch Dog View Post
but for the love god do not push Religious morality on the masses it's not very moral to begin with
Neither is most of what's broadcasted on tv.

I'm pretty sure all the 'negative' things you mentioned are either in islam or The Old Covenant.

The New Covenant is what's followed now.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:38 PM   #150
WishfulFairie
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: In my own little world that's in my own little head
WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Let's not turn this into a Religious debate since there are other threads for that

and Saiyan....let's just respect that others don't follow a religion or the same religon
Okay sweetie poo?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny
well, war babies come from war, nerd babies from from trees, peace babies come from birds, ect

Last edited by WishfulFairie; 12-06-2012 at 02:41 PM.
WishfulFairie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:30 PM   #151
Saiyan
Chunin Exam Proctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishfulFairie View Post
Let's not turn this into a Religious debate since there are other threads for that

and Saiyan....let's just respect that others don't follow a religion or the same religon
Okay sweetie poo?
Okay

*vanishes*
Old 12-06-2012, 10:26 PM   #152
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.The Immortal Watch Dog is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saiyan View Post
Neither is most of what's broadcasted on tv.

I'm pretty sure all the 'negative' things you mentioned are either in islam or The Old Covenant.

The New Covenant is what's followed now.
So what? the old testament is still a a major part of the bible

as for whats on tv..I'm not sure why you brought that up as I never argued that modern secular society was our savior or anything- merely that Religions are morally bankrupt and none of them that exist at all should determine a societies morality

Old 12-06-2012, 10:36 PM   #153
Noctis Arashi
is rapidly losing blood from Naijeru's jugular attack
Formerly Susanoo

Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Noctis Arashi

I liked the part where there was more blood in a lake than any humans to ever exist could produce even now and where a man parted a river with his clothes and rode a flaming chariot to heaven after living far longer than any man should. Also, why discard certain parts of a book, but keep others. That's just picking and choosing morals to follow. And that's kinda iffy for me. Especially for something considered to be a holy book.

Anyway, people can commit suicide if they want. If they think they are doing it for a noble cause, go for it. Maybe they are right. Maybe they are wrong. If they are doing it for selfish reasons, the world could do without 'em.
Grand Master Roleplayer
Just Call Me Legendary Hoe -Fliparrachii Approved
Old 12-07-2012, 04:13 PM   #154
Black King
Special Jonin Candidate

Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Awards Showcase

Were the Japanese fighting in war being selfish when they committed suicide?

Black King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:19 PM   #155
WishfulFairie
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: In my own little world that's in my own little head
WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

No they were not. And neither were the ancient samurais when they committed seppukku

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny
well, war babies come from war, nerd babies from from trees, peace babies come from birds, ect
WishfulFairie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:07 PM   #156
PrinceofPeace
Banned

PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Well let me c if I can wrap this up IMO

People can commit suicide
Committing suicide is not always bad (risking your life for others)
People suffer differently so it is hard to understand
Medicine and therapy do not always work
Some people commit suicide for selfish reasons

Overall (for the most part) I believe suicide is wrong. I believe there is always a way to gt better. I have suffered loneliness as a form of depression. It may have not have been as serious as others but luckily I found God and I was not lonely anymore.

I feel very bad for people who feel like that is the only way out.

In conclusion
- where theirs a WILL there's a WAY
PrinceofPeace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:28 PM   #157
The Immortal Watch Dog
Mad dog on a loose leash
Justice of the BG
BG Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black King View Post
Were the Japanese fighting in war being selfish when they committed suicide?
during world war 2? absolutely

god damn them..and god damn their masters in the military clique that ran the country..and god damn Emperor hirohito to hell- not damn them to hell for suicide and encouraging it mind ye for every other monstrous atrocity they committed during the war

dying for your country can be a noble thing..dying to support dogmatic bigoted violent and blood thirsty lunatics who wanted to rule all of Asia and saw it as their divine right to rape places like Nanking to death? that's not only selfish but it makes your death meaningless

you aren't laying down your life for the right reasons and their subsequent actions and denial have utterly cheapened the death of every single kamikaze pilot..and pretty every other Japanese person who died as a result of the empires policies then

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noctis Arashi View Post
. Especially for something considered to be a holy book.
to put it mildly- Whether it's Islam or Christianity or any other Abrahamic (or really any organized religion) it should have gone the way of the Greek and Egyptian and Babylonian gods..

and the biggest reason for this is picking and choosing the alleged chronicle of your world as illustrated by the divine entity who made it is..something that usually only the most blasphemous or evil (by their standards do)

so either hold yourself to five thousand year old moral ethics and pimp out your own kids...or do the logical thing and reject it entirely

Last edited by The Immortal Watch Dog; 12-07-2012 at 09:32 PM.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:50 AM   #158
PrinceofPeace
Banned

PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noctis Arashi View Post
If they are doing it for selfish reasons, the world could do without 'em.
That's a lil harsh don't ya think? ... But you have a point
PrinceofPeace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:02 AM   #159
Noctis Arashi
is rapidly losing blood from Naijeru's jugular attack
Formerly Susanoo

Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Noctis Arashi

Not at all.
Grand Master Roleplayer
Just Call Me Legendary Hoe -Fliparrachii Approved
Old 12-08-2012, 11:11 AM   #160
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Morality is subjective.
There's a fine line between right and wrong in some people.

Would you make fun of a retarded person or someone with a crippling illness? Someone in a wheel chair? Probably not. Why? Nobody ever said it's wrong. You just know it's wrong.

So yes, it is, but some things are obviously morally wrong.
Shikamaru Nara is offline   Reply With Quote