Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Great Off-Topica > Off-Topic

Off-Topic For anything under the sun that won't fit elsewhere!

Old 12-07-2012, 09:02 AM   #21
SilentBlade
Special Jonin Candidate

SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Question for people who have big strong muscles and abbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanduhman View Post
I used to do the three workouts a week with full body routines to like you are saying. In the end though, Im in this for the long run, not quick gains. That routine is good, but you wont have enough time in the gym to cover the entire body's needs. It takes me an hour to an hour and a half to cover my chest and tricepts, because im literally breaking it all down for a full recovery. In a year to two years I'll gain "more" efficiently. And dont get me wrong that way is good to, but im looking at a body builders perspective.
ah, see I am not looking to be the body builder type. big is good, huge is not my goal. Lean, flexible, with good strength but nothing in the realm of a body builder. Different goals/purposes I guess use/yield different results/routine!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SilentBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:07 AM   #22
tanduhman
Special Jonin Candidate

tanduhman is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.tanduhman is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.tanduhman is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.tanduhman is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.tanduhman is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.tanduhman is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentBlade View Post
ah, see I am not looking to be the body builder type. big is good, huge is not my goal. Lean, flexible, with good strength but nothing in the realm of a body builder. Different goals/purposes I guess use/yield different results/routine!
Yeah it pretty much comes down to what you want XD. Glad to see another gymaholic on here!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Amazing things that tantan approves
Spoiler:

1. My best friends
2. Playing guitar is sexy
3. working out.. i know this sounds ridiculous, and jug headed, but it honestly clears my mind. Nothing better to release steam on than some weights. Not only that but completing a self created goal is priceless. I have constant goals through my training routine, and I plan to break them!
tanduhman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:08 PM   #23
SilentBlade
Special Jonin Candidate

SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Ya, I like to go! its not so much the results (they are nice) its just something enjoyable to do that makes you feel good! I also like that circuit because it allows me to incorporate supersets and keep a pretty good pace (as long as the place isn't packed).

I should premise that before any actual lifting workout I try to run between 2-3 miles as a good warmup, or row around 5-6 miles depending! I stay away from enhancement supplements since they've been finding nasty things that are not on the label (i've heard they found arsenic in muscle milk). Good diet, you don't need 'em imo!

Old 12-08-2012, 12:23 PM   #24
Akatsuki Gord
Special Jonin Candidate

Akatsuki Gord saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!Akatsuki Gord saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

It's all about a good diet and exercise.

I lift weights a few times a week, I do a couple of days of strength training and a couple of all over body workouts. I do HIIT cardio on my strength days and roughly an hour of cardio on the others.

I also train MMA 6 days a week, sometimes twice a day

Currently playing - Fifa 13, One Piece and NUNS3
Akatsuki Gord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:07 PM   #25
Leewannabe
Chunin

Leewannabe is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Leewannabe is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Leewannabe is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Leewannabe is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Leewannabe is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Leewannabe is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanduhman View Post
Yeah it pretty much comes down to what you want XD. Glad to see another gymaholic on here!
Gymaholics ftw!!!! Do like Lee and train everyday!!! Let exercise and training become a daily habit, a part of your life!!! That way, you can become truly strong!!! Power of youth!!

Owner of the Official Might Guy Fanclub!!
Leewannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:10 PM   #26
SilentBlade
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akatsuki Gord View Post
It's all about a good diet and exercise.

I lift weights a few times a week, I do a couple of days of strength training and a couple of all over body workouts. I do HIIT cardio on my strength days and roughly an hour of cardio on the others.

I also train MMA 6 days a week, sometimes twice a day
The MMA stuff makes up for what you may miss in the gym. personally, I keep up with Kendo, which helps pick up for the cardio stuff.

Old 12-08-2012, 03:31 PM   #27
Maikeru D. Shinigami
Super High School Level Narcissist
Quasi-Admin

Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via MSN to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via Yahoo to Maikeru D. Shinigami

The key is Frisbee.

YouTube:
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
Maikeru D. Shinigami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:37 PM   #28
Red
sorry red :(

Red is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Red is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Red is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Red is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Red is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Any fit people who were like fat at one time have any tips on how to lose a lot of weight and become fit and stuff? or were you all like skinny to begin with lol

I don't know what to put here yet, so I leave you with a nice picture of a buffalo.

Spoiler:
Haha, just kidding.

<3 this heart represents the bromance of Red and RockyL. /brohug
Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:50 PM   #29
Akatsuki Gord
Special Jonin Candidate

Akatsuki Gord saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!Akatsuki Gord saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
Any fit people who were like fat at one time have any tips on how to lose a lot of weight and become fit and stuff? or were you all like skinny to begin with lol
I was a fatty, I lost 12 kilos this year.

The best way to do it is to change your diet. Avoid having lots of sugary foods. Do lots of cardio and include weight training too, do sets of light weights but high repetitions.

There are lots of websites that give you more in depth info, the main thing is to stick with it, like anything, you will get results if you put the effort in and remember that it won't happen over night

Currently playing - Fifa 13, One Piece and NUNS3
Akatsuki Gord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:50 PM   #30
SilentBlade
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akatsuki Gord View Post
I was a fatty, I lost 12 kilos this year.

The best way to do it is to change your diet. Avoid having lots of sugary foods. Do lots of cardio and include weight training too, do sets of light weights but high repetitions.

There are lots of websites that give you more in depth info, the main thing is to stick with it, like anything, you will get results if you put the effort in and remember that it won't happen over night
I agree, but you shouldn't focus on the results, its more about the ride. You should go because you feel good afterward. How you feel when you workout, both during and after, is a direct result of your diet. If you eat greasy food, you will feel like crap! if you eat a well balanced diet, cut the grease and sugar, you will feel great both during and after. It won't be "omg, i have to go to the gym," you will actually look forward to it! The results will come, and you will notice them! but because it takes time to achieve them, some people get discouraged just focusing on that :-)

Old 12-09-2012, 12:53 AM   #31
BMC1994
Special Jonin Candidate
BG Moderator

BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
srry skinny to begin with. but there is just one way to lose weight and that is burn more calories then you consume. So either skip a few bags of chips/fries/popcorn/what ever fat food you can miss Or start some cardio (although my preference mostly goes to weight training) to burn more calories. Weight training could also work for this i think.

And ofcourse for maximum result you can do both.

I think this guy scooby1961 had a good tip he said something like remove 1 thing you often eat from your diet (or it was the second idk).

Quote:
on black person kage when his susuano grabbed him and he put him in ms genjutsu with tsuki.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Souret
Yes
BMC1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:59 AM   #32
SilentBlade
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
one thing I will say, is don't starve yourself. Catatonic shock puts your body into survival mode, and you will gain weight with everything you eat. My suggestion would be to talk to a qualified nutritionist and that will give you the best idea. Most gyms will have one on staff, and if not, I am positive a YMCA or similar organization will. If all else fails, they usually employ them in hospitals, and talking to you (as opposed to the heart patients and diabetics) will be a welcome change for them.

Personally, when I had to lose weight, I took in around 1600 cal./day, when I was high into training (and in the summer) I take in around 2200/day just due to high activity.

A good starting point may be, run 1 miles..every day! well run, walk, however you can achieve the goal of 1 mile! and every week try to improve your time, so lets say you start out at a 12 min mile, next week, shoot for 11-11.5 min, etc... and once you hit a good pace, increase it to 2! One thing I will say, in the realm of cardio, running is the most strenuous things, and I think those elliptical things are probably the lightest (just with reference). If you have a place to swim, start out with 100 meters/day, any stroke/pace you can do best. Typically I will do a full workout with a 2-3 mile run or 6-8 miles rowing, as a warm up, do my crossfit WoD, and then swim to cool down and hit muscles I could not.

Be active, be realistic, and remember, there is no shame in being a noob at the gym, everyone's a noob before they're "elite!" pacing and patients, as well as trying not to be insecure will lead you to where you want to be!