Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Manga Discussion

Naruto Manga Discussion All the latest discussions about the Naruto manga (beware, spoilers abound).

Old 12-05-2012, 05:29 AM   #21
SilentBlade
Special Jonin Candidate

SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Naruto Chapter 612

interesting chapter...Its moving at such a slow pace though! and I am pretty sure we've seen this somewhere before where Obito is like "if not me then someone"...kinda sounds like the conversation with Nagato *sigh*.

Oh! and I now know why it takes a village (or 5) to fix pot holes :-D

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SilentBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:29 AM   #22
Rikudo Sage
Chunin Exam Participant

Rikudo Sage finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Rikudo Sage finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Rikudo Sage finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Rikudo Sage finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Rikudo Sage finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Rikudo Sage finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Rikudo Sage finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Rikudo Sage finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Rikudo Sage finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Rikudo Sage finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maruko View Post
Don't you find it funny how all of a sudden Obito can only phase for 5 minutes?
Also, I expected Kazekiri....that's what my translation said? D:
All of a sudden? I thought Konan already revealed that 5 mins thingy a year ago.. Explosive tags & Izanagi remember??
Old 12-05-2012, 05:31 AM   #23
Vivi
Little Miss Spoiler
Formerly V-Valentine
Jonin

Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikudo Sage View Post
All of a sudden? I thought Konan already revealed that 5 mins thingy a year ago.. Explosive tags & Izanagi remember??
a year?
That was nearly 2 years ago.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jessie>Tifa and Aeris.
Vivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:44 AM   #24
Rikudo Sage
Chunin Exam Participant

Rikudo Sage finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Rikudo Sage finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Rikudo Sage finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Rikudo Sage finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Rikudo Sage finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Rikudo Sage finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Rikudo Sage finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Rikudo Sage finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Rikudo Sage finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Rikudo Sage finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
a year?
That was nearly 2 years ago.
I was just being lazy to dig when it was.. A year ago was just an estimated value. Lol
Old 12-05-2012, 05:45 AM   #25
BoxHead
P-P-P-PENTAKILL
Kuzan

BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Trollchihas will find a way out of this. Sasuke isn't even here yet >.>

Click for our savior:
Spoiler:

BoxHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:58 AM   #26
Blah.
Veteran Chunin

Blah. is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Blah. is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Blah. is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Blah. is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Blah. is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Blah. is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

All I got from this chapter is, "Oh. Shinobi working together. How cute."
Blah. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:18 AM   #27
PrinceofPeace
Banned

PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.PrinceofPeace completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Great chp. It's funni how all that work will lead to nothing
PrinceofPeace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:18 AM   #28
koshej
Veteran Chunin

koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Yup, this chapter had more "feed the children the value of friendship" (aka Kakashi's test all over again), than "do some actual action".
It WAS nice, but I hate to wait yet another week to see more.
And with this freaking CHIKARA distraction, too...
koshej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:34 AM   #29
THE susanoo
Genin Elite

THE susanoo has completed a tough C-rank mission!THE susanoo has completed a tough C-rank mission!THE susanoo has completed a tough C-rank mission!

This chapter just made my love for Madara grow even more, even with the entire shinobi world attacking him, he stands perfectly still, just watching, knowing that he can easily cut them allllll down...... such a boss
Old 12-05-2012, 07:35 AM   #30
koshej
Veteran Chunin

koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.koshej is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

We all now, he's gonna lose in the end.
He's just being the typical Uchiha to strike a pose...
koshej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:45 AM   #31
Jutsu Junkie
Chunin Exam Proctor

Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

That moment when the Shinobi Alliance forgot they were facing a godman that called down meteors and then soloed five kages like he was swatting a fly, then decided to jumped into a cage fight with him.

I'm glad I can only experience that moment through fiction. Sure, Madara will lose eventually, but that's just story mechanics. Half of them are dead already (probably more than half by now). Imagine having to be in that crowd of cannon fodder...

--George Bernard Shaw
Jutsu Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:53 AM   #32
and17y1
Chunin Exam Participant

and17y1 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.and17y1 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.and17y1 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.and17y1 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.and17y1 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Madara and Obito are smelling like Friendzoned

and17y1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:54 AM   #33
and17y1
Chunin Exam Participant

and17y1 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.and17y1 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.and17y1 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.and17y1 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.and17y1 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noctis Arashi View Post
Lee vs Madara. Calling it. It has to happen. It's the only mildly redeemable thing about this whole mess.
Yeah lets give him and a bottle of whiskey, might help

Old 12-05-2012, 07:54 AM   #34
and17y1
Chunin Exam Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_fang View Post
what a waste of another week, i'm getting tired of this power of friendship bs. next week we'll find out this whole chapters jutsu was useless so in essence 2 chapters gone to waste. Only thing I liked was the taijutsu reference, it is guy's turn to shine AT LAST!
Otherwise you wouldnt have been such a big fan would u

Old 12-05-2012, 07:55 AM   #35
Larry01239
Special Jonin Candidate

Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Go Shikamaru's Dad!
Larry01239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:57 AM   #36
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato
Aiding Kakashi, Yamato, & Iruka

Location: Konohagakure, with the people dearest to me. Aiding Kakashi on the battlefield and saving Yamato!
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

i could see madara taking out more than half of tr people in the next chapter

Kakashi~

\ \ \ \
l\^ ^/l
Yamato~

, / \\
,\^^/
\\---// thnx Edyl
Iruka~

カカシ, ヤマト, イルカ! 愛してる~!
03-02, 13:09 The Immortal Watch Dog
You got Daph Rice, everyone got her
She's one of my psycho's
she's Cults banner girl
[1/7/2014 9:25:36 AM] Tuus Deus(CoP): I know Daph spends all her time staring at Kakashi pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cult of Personality
Kakashi pretending to get stabbed by Obito because he's such a nice guy and doesn't want Obito to feel about about sucking so much
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cult of Personality
I would just like you to know that I am awesome.
Quote:
All days are Cult Day.
Quote:
I disagree. The best way to get rep from Daph is to be me.
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:09 AM   #37
Rezeon
Genin

Rezeon is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rezeon is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rezeon is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rezeon is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Hm, another action chapter... I honestly hate reading these individually as they all feel to short, you almost need to wait for a handful of them to come out and read them back to back in one sitting.

The blinding/jamming jutsu seems to just be a combo of a classic smokescreen combined with chakra filled bugs to act as a wall to block the sight of the Uchiha's magic eyes. It is really a lot like the way chaff was used in WWII, rather than trying to be invisible to radar you instead clutter it up with all sorts of noise to make it unreadable.

The restraining jutsu on the Juubi already looks like it is failing as it was shown already starting to break free. I also seems Juubi hasn't actually shown its true power yet as its body hasn't fully formed or some such nonsense. (I'm guessing Kishi took the critisism of its appearance to heart and is going to try and make it look cooler)

The line where they revealed knowledge of Tobi's five minute time limit also caught my eye. When did they have the chance to learn that? I don't recall Konan ever revealing it to Naruto... I guess it could have been in that intel book that Kabuto gave to Naruto way back in the search for Itachi arc.

The shipper in me was mildly amused that Hinata was standing right behind Naruto while everyone else in the crowd seemed a couple steps further back.

Personally I wish that Kishi would remember continuity and let Naruto use the toad fusion technique so that he can stay in Sage mode for the duration of this part of the fight. Since Naruto and Kurama are on better terms they shouldn't have that problem with Kurama forcing out the toads during the fusion.

My short term prediction for the next chapter: Madara will begin to counter-attack, lots of fodder will drop like flies. No named characters will die.

My mid term prediction for the rest of the arc: Tobi will start the Infinite Tsukyome on the surviving goodguys. It will then do a few chapters showing everyone in their personal fantasies, and Kishi will pour on massive ship tease in every direction possible. Naruto will manage to reject the illusion and wake everyone else up too. Tobi will have a change of heart and turn on Madara. A secret weakness of Edo Tensei will be exploited and Madara will be dispelled. Good guys win.

My long term prediction for after the war: Naruto becomes All-Kage the survivors choose to band together in common cause and work towards building a future without war. Sasuke finishes his journey with Orochimaru and has a final clash with Naruto without anything else really being at stake. Series ends with a super happy ending with Naruto saving Sasuke.
Rezeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:10 AM   #38
Jakropha
Your Lord Zetsoom

Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Lee + Gai VS. Madara.

If this happens, Kishimoto will forever be redeemed, unless he actually pairs Sasuke and Naruto

Then I will forever pee on him and his dog's grave.

Jakropha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:17 AM   #39
l3thall3g3nd
Chunin Exam Proctor

l3thall3g3nd completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.l3thall3g3nd completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.l3thall3g3nd completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.l3thall3g3nd completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.l3thall3g3nd completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.l3thall3g3nd completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.l3thall3g3nd completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.l3thall3g3nd completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.l3thall3g3nd completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.l3thall3g3nd completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.l3thall3g3nd completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.l3thall3g3nd completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

The team work was a waste of time since in the first two pages of the next chapter it's going to release himself, there's no doubt about that so it was just a waste of panels in my point of view.

There were only two good things to come out of this chapter but one of them is a problem and that is Tobi's 5 minute rule, the problem with that is that only konan knew that so there's no way that Shikamaru's dad could of known that. I know kabuto gave naruto a book on the akutsuki but at that time Tobi was still a mystery and I very much doubt that kubuto had any intel on Tobi and if he did I doubt he knew his justu capabilities. Even if kabuto knew he wouldn't of gave that information over since after the kage summit arc he teamed up with him.

The one intresting point from this chapter was that only taijustu people fight madara, I know that guy, lee, neji and maybe hinata will fight him but they will get owned in one chapter. The thing I found intresting about that dialog is that kishi is foreshadowing that this is how naruto is going to beat madara. In all honestly naruto is the best taijustu user now since he learned sage mode, his strength is stronger with tsunade and his speed in kuubi mode is on par with minato. So if naruto combines sage mode and kuubi mode he will be unstoppable. This is how naruto will beat madara.
l3thall3g3nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:30 AM   #40
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
Why all of a sudden?
It's known since Konan.

Oh and:
Chapter sucked, it was just a chapter about:
"The 6 steps of how Ninjas pour concrete"
Pretty much.

The good thing is that it looks like the entire alliance may be defeated next chapter. It is really crappy but at least it is moving along.

Edit: Shikaku apparently analyzed Naruto's and Co's fight with Obito to figure that out. *shrugs*

Wooster is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
612, chapter, naruto