Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Cutting Edge > Entertainment

Entertainment A place where you can have discussions about music, tv, movies, sports and anything else pertaining to entertainment.

Old 11-28-2012, 07:10 AM   #1
Leo the Night Man
Chunin Exam Participant

Leo the Night Man is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Leo the Night Man is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Leo the Night Man is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Leo the Night Man is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Leo the Night Man is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Dubstep Artist Recommendations

Around spring time 2011, a close associate of mine introduced me to dubstep. While I'm not intensely into the genre, I would like to expand my selection pool beyond popular artists like Skrillex, Deadmau5, and Nero. I've listened to a few random artists, but usually sticking with a couple songs and ignoring everything else made by the artist. My interest is centered in outrageous bass drops (stuff that makes you go AAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! every time) and sharp pauses followed by heavier drops. Anyone versed enough in the genre to know what I'm looking for?
Old 11-28-2012, 07:49 AM   #2
MinatoXNaruto
Veteran Chunin

MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.MinatoXNaruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.
Default Re: Dubstep Artist Recommendations

Wilkinson, B-complex, Tristam, Krewella, Nervo

Spoiler:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MinatoXNaruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:46 AM   #3
deadtaka
Special Jonin Candidate

deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.deadtaka strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.

Deadmau5 is house, not dubstep you silly goose.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Look at how patrician I am!

Taka loves Rizzy the most! Rizzy was here ♥
Enjoy my fayse.<3
Spoiler:
There is no sage fayse here, lawlawlawl.

Spoiler:
Quote:
Nuuuuu. Two words describes you. Bootylicious babe.

Quote:
Wow, but all I want is you 0.0

deadtaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:30 AM   #4
Leo the Night Man
Chunin Exam Participant

Leo the Night Man is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Leo the Night Man is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Leo the Night Man is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Leo the Night Man is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Leo the Night Man is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinatoXNaruto View Post
Wilkinson, B-complex, Tristam, Krewella, Nervo

Spoiler:
Thanks a bunch. Looking forward to listening to what these guys can do
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadtaka View Post
Deadmau5 is house, not dubstep you silly goose.
But...but I thought...

MY LIFE IS A LIE
Old 11-28-2012, 11:47 AM   #5
KyuubiAkatsuki
Jonin

KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

Figure is really good. Most of his songs are Halloween-based. Like The Werewolf, Beetlejuice, Zombies, etc.
Chrispy is good too. I really like his song Predator, especially Cyberoptix's remix.
Attack Attack! have two dubstep remixes of their songs, AC-130 and Sexual Man Chocolate that are amazing.
Asking Alexandria have a whole album of dubstep remixes of their songs called Stepped Up and Scratched. Each song is remixed by a different dubstep artist so you can listen to the album and if you like one then you can listen to more songs by the person who remixed it.

"If sacred places are spared the ravages of war then make all places sacred. And if the holy people are to be kept harmless from war then make all peoples holy."
----- Silver Surfer from Silver Surfer Requiem

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

KyuubiAkatsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:35 PM   #6
Memitim
Lord Commander of the Kingsguard

Memitim strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Memitim strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Memitim strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Memitim strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Memitim strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Memitim strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Memitim strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Memitim strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Memitim strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Memitim strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Memitim strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Memitim strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Memitim strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.
Send a message via Skype™ to Memitim

Hey guys, What's that one Dubstep song that goes: "WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB WHOP WHOP WHA WHA"? ...I hear it all the time.

Memitim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:55 PM   #7
Saiyan
Chunin Exam Proctor

Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Is Felix Cartal dubstep?
Saiyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:04 PM   #8
Black King
Special Jonin Candidate

Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Awards Showcase

Deadmau5 is electronica, not house or dubstep. Anyways, electronica, dubstep, and house are similar, so I'm sure you'd like them all anyways. I recommend Swedish House Mafia, Knife Party, Tiesto, David Guetta, Wolfgang Gartner, Feed Me (kinda similar to Skrillex), and Mord Fustang. They're not all dubstep, but I'm sure you'll like some of them. I'll come back with more later.

Last edited by Black King; 11-28-2012 at 08:07 PM.
Black King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:05 PM   #9
LilHinataGirl
Special Jonin Candidate

LilHinataGirl is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.LilHinataGirl is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.LilHinataGirl is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
LilHinataGirl is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.LilHinataGirl is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to LilHinataGirl Send a message via Yahoo to LilHinataGirl Send a message via Skype™ to LilHinataGirl

I got my brother that can recommend me some dub step artist... He's godly when it comes to this kinda info so thanks but no thanks

LHG

LilHinataGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:20 PM   #10
Fukai Tsumi
Apprentice Genin

Fukai Tsumi saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

The Living Tombstone (note: not exclusively dubstep)
Old 12-01-2012, 11:35 AM   #11
Leo the Night Man
Chunin Exam Participant

Thanks for the information guys (and much needed education on the subject since I'm now learning that a great deal of artists that I've looked up don't actually practice the genre).
Old 12-01-2012, 04:26 PM   #12
Black King
Special Jonin Candidate

Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Awards Showcase

I'm also kind of in love with Flux Pavilion, you should give em a try.

Black King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 04:37 PM   #13
ObitoUchiha
Special Jonin Candidate

ObitoUchiha is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
ObitoUchiha is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.ObitoUchiha is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.ObitoUchiha is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.ObitoUchiha is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.ObitoUchiha is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.ObitoUchiha is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.ObitoUchiha is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.ObitoUchiha is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.ObitoUchiha is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.ObitoUchiha is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.ObitoUchiha is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

It may be because I'm a Zelda junkie, but I love Ephixa and his Zelda Dubstep. Many people love it... mainly Song of storms and Dragon Roost Island.

Dragon Roost... he took a big twist on it and it worked. Better as a song, but it doesn't have the ocean feel to it.

Song of storms... when it meets dubstep, it fits perfectly. In my opinion.

Otherwise... I don't like dubstep. Mainly because unless the song is a dubstep version of another real song.... it sounds way too generic. All skrillex songs and songs by other people.... too many of them sound the same. To me, it just doesn't stand a chance with real instruments.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memitim View Post
Hey guys, What's that one Dubstep song that goes: "WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB WHOP WHOP WHA WHA"? ...I hear it all the time.
You won't believe how upset I am that I must spread rep...

This is my point exactly.

(^ ^)/)))
/_!_\ Hidan to Kakuzu: Draw me like one of your RICH girls...

Quote:
Wrinkles makes Obito tingle (#^.^#)
Official Co-leader of the Official
FC!

I'm a Christian and don't care what everyone else thinks about me. If you feel the same, copy and paste this into your signature
ObitoUchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 04:27 AM   #14
Kyūbi no Yōko
Special Jonin Candidate

Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.
Send a message via Skype™ to Kyūbi no Yōko

Skream, Excision, Knife Party, Borgore, Kode9, Modestep, Benga, Bassnectar, Datsik, Chase&Status, Mt. Eden, Dirtyphonics, Flux Pavillion.

Welcome to reality.

~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~

universe.
Kyūbi no Yōko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:46 PM   #15
sagemaster777
Special Jonin Candidate

sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.sagemaster777 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to sagemaster777

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObitoUchiha View Post
It may be because I'm a Zelda junkie, but I love Ephixa and his Zelda Dubstep. Many people love it... mainly Song of storms and Dragon Roost Island.

Dragon Roost... he took a big twist on it and it worked. Better as a song, but it doesn't have the ocean feel to it.

Song of storms... when it meets dubstep, it fits perfectly. In my opinion.

Otherwise... I don't like dubstep. Mainly because unless the song is a dubstep version of another real song.... it sounds way too generic. All skrillex songs and songs by other people.... too many of them sound the same. To me, it just doesn't stand a chance with real instruments.

You won't believe how upset I am that I must spread rep...

This is my point exactly.
It's funny because that's generally not what dubstep is. Common misconception is anything with a wub or sick drop=dubstep.
Spoiler:

Yes, believe it or not those 3 are dubstep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo the Night Man View Post
Thanks for the information guys (and much needed education on the subject since I'm now learning that a great deal of artists that I've looked up don't actually practice the genre).
If you're interested in more EDM, check out Garage, House, Trance, Drum & Bass/Jungle, Ambient, heck even good old Electro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saiyan View Post
Is Felix Cartal dubstep?
EDM, House, Electro House

Why is she so perfect?

Last edited by sagemaster777; 12-07-2012 at 04:43 AM.
sagemaster777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 02:38 PM   #16
Sharingan19
Veteran Chunin

Sharingan19 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Sharingan19 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Sharingan19 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Sharingan19 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Sharingan19 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Chase And Status, Modestep, Nero and Gemini are all good. Also Les Frictions is good but it's sort of a mix of dubstep and normal singing.