Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Cutting Edge > Debate Forum

Debate Forum Debate interesting non-Naruto topics. All forum rules apply.

View Poll Results: Which power do you think would win?
Vibrations 0 0%
Reality 8 100.00%
Both 0 0%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-11-2012, 07:44 PM   #1
Hotarubi Hyuuga
Special Jonin Candidate

Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.
Default Vibrations vs Reality

OK so I was talking to friend online about this and we were debating on who would win between a person who has the power to control vibrations and a person who is able to control reality.

Now while I believe that person who controls reality would win, my friend did bring up some very good arguments about why the person who can control vibrations would win.

So basically the questions for this thread is simple, well really simple but....

1.Who do you think would in in fight between a person who can control vibrations and person who can control reality.

2. Which power would you rather have, the power to control vibrations or the power to control reality.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
O M F G !Those rocks look like Cinnamon Toast Crunch!!

"You are required to do nothing, least of all believe. Shut one's eyes tight or open one's arms wide, either way, one's a fool." -Flemeth
Hotarubi Hyuuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:15 AM   #2
BoxHead
P-P-P-PENTAKILL
Kuzan

BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.BoxHead is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Vibrations vs Reality

I don't think your friend understands what "Reality" is

Reality controllers are literally gods. Even if your opponent had Whitebeard's amount of reality controlling, you could tank it and turn him into a squirrel. Why? Because you control reality, that's why.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Click for our savior:
Spoiler:

BoxHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:19 AM   #3
Larry01239
Special Jonin Candidate

Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

The person who controls reality could take away the vibration powers of the opponent.
Larry01239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:04 AM   #4
Noctis Arashi
is rapidly losing blood from Naijeru's jugular attack
Formerly Susanoo

Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Noctis Arashi is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Noctis Arashi

In reality, the person who has vibration powers was born as a cow. That gets turned into a delicious steak. That you eat.
Grand Master Roleplayer
Just Call Me Legendary Hoe -Fliparrachii Approved
Old 11-12-2012, 07:07 AM   #5
Throw Rasen-Shuriken
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: Drifting through the cold walls, dancing in the subtle shadows, always never ending up anywhere...
Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Throw Rasen-Shuriken is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Throw Rasen-Shuriken

I don't know why but...the first time I saw the title of this thread, I thought it was about sexual intercourse? lolz.

Oh well...vibrations wouldn't exsist if reality didn't exsist, it exsists because of reality exsisting, therefore can also be taken away by what first made it exsist, reality. (Try not to get confused. XD)

BF:

Spoiler:

Throw Rasen-Shuriken is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:49 AM   #6
Larry01239
Special Jonin Candidate

Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Larry01239 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throw Rasen-Shuriken View Post
I don't know why but...the first time I saw the title of this thread, I thought it was about sexual intercourse? lolz.
)
Perverted minds think alike, xP
Larry01239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:17 AM   #7
Vornmusion
Smooth as Sandpaper
Sage of Lemonade
CB Murder Bros & Co.
Urthalre Di Wer Kepesk

Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.
Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotarubi Hyuuga View Post
1.Who do you think would in in fight between a person who can control vibrations and person who can control reality.
Person B removes all concepts and existence of vibrations. /end of line

A reality controller is nearing TOAA category, I.E the only true existence in the known and unknown world, "God" in all meanings to the mortals. How one can think anything else can compete is beyond me. You need extremely strict (down to the smallest micro existence) guidelines in order to even remotely make a controller something worth fighting.

A reality bender would be a more fair comparison, and even then without strict guidelines on the limits of their power few beings are going to be capable of competing by nature of reality comprising of all existence and nonexistence.

The only time a controller or bender is manageable is if you draw a strict line between reality and unreality; such as the planes in D&D. Their powers would be rather useless in a plane that has its own reality separate from the rest of the multiverse. Even then however that will only work if the controller or bender has control over a certain reality and not any others. Without ridiculously complex rules you're not going to be capable of taming them enough for a fair fight with basically anything.

Infact the only thing that can easily compete against a controller is a reality creator/destroyer; being able to control reality is not the same as creating and destroying it, that's an entirely new tier of supreme being. But for the sake of keeping this discussion coherent I'll pretend controller is one in the same.

Last edited by Vornmusion; 11-12-2012 at 05:34 PM.
Vornmusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:19 PM   #8
Hotarubi Hyuuga
Special Jonin Candidate

Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Hotarubi Hyuuga finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Maybe you'd all understand more why we thought it would be fair fight if you hear her side, because even though I still think I would win, she had some good points.

"You are required to do nothing, least of all believe. Shut one's eyes tight or open one's arms wide, either way, one's a fool." -Flemeth

Last edited by Hotarubi Hyuuga; 11-12-2012 at 01:35 PM.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:48 AM   #9
JLI2infinity
Chunin Exam Proctor

JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

I would like to hear them because so far the logic for your side seems a lot more sound.

Vibrations obey physical laws.

This is basically a question of a reality controller vs a reality manipulator as someone already pointed out. Having complete dominance over something is amazing but being able to control its existence is much more impressive.

Superman is a reality manipulator, he bends physical laws to their absolute limit, gaining almost immeasurable strength, near invulnerability, speeds several magnitudes higher than the fastest known moving object in nature, etc. But even at the absolute pinnacle of the physical universe Superman was weak to things like magic, because they don't follow any physical laws, rather they bend reality.

Sure you can get into a philosophical argument as to whether or not magicians just follow a different set of laws and are therefore a "science" in their own right (I tend to agree with this view) but for all intents and purposes they are reality controllers. Which is why the Spectre is considered virtually omnipotent and would stomp Superman into the ground.

This is a very close example to your vibrations vs reality question because Superman as a speed force conduit can control kinetic energy (which is essentially the movement of molecules which pretty much covers vibrations) extremely well, probably better than any other heroes besides the top tier speedsters of the Marvel Universe (e.g. Flash). But Aztar (a.k.a. Spectre) doesn't need kinetic energy because he doesn't exist as a true part of reality and thus he can fly at virtually infinite velocity without the speed force.

His powers (and yours in the scenario) are derived directly from TOAA whereas Superman's powers (and your friend's) rely on the restraints of the physical universe TOAA designed.
JLI2infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 11:45 AM   #10
mrsticky005

mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

To what DEGREE can they control reality?

Spam once and the forum will be annoyed.
Spam twice and warnings will be deployed
Spam thrice and a infraction you will receive
Spam 8,984 times and a FAIL Agent you''ll soon be.

...At least in my case.
mrsticky005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:40 PM   #11
Saiyan
Chunin Exam Proctor

Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

How would being able to control vibrations be in any way better then controlling reality?
Saiyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:35 PM   #12
Hotarubi Hyuuga
Special Jonin Candidate

OK so people can understand her side this was the conversation we had, there was more but she didn't reply back yet so I can't show you that part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost ninja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotarubi Hyuuga
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
OK so I just made this new role playing thread called Naruto War Zone and I was wondering if you wanted dot join or not.
I don't do roleplay. I'm a serious business kind of girl.
Sorry
Oh well basically all we were doing was creating characters and having them fight each other.
I'd make my character broken and insta-win.

Control over vibrations. gg.
OK they can be strong, but we're not trying to have any unbeatable character, you know so no one complains.

and how would control over Vibrations give you an insta-win, I'm lost here.
Basically, vibrations are motion. Controlling vibrations would let you halt the motion of someone down to a subatomic level. You control all kenetic energy via controlling how much or little something vibrates. My ninja could evade attacks by vibrating her own particles around whatever is hitting her, if not cause the attacker to turn to jelly from having his cells split into goop.

Controlling vibrations is controlling every aspect of movement.
OK so what if your ninja was in a mist of poison or a Genjutsu, would controlling vibrations get her out of that?
Mist of poison is an easy one, you excite the particles in the air to expel the gas or evaporate it via splicing it with the air. Genjutsu is also easy, as she could just mass-vibravo anything in a range around her. Worst come, she can vibrate her own body enough to interrupt her normal charka and get out of it.

In fact, via vibration, she could in theory break apart chakra since its a flowing force. Genjutsu works until all of the chakra in your body is brought to a halt.
heh.....well then I guess she is an insta-win

OK just one more what about amaterasu, it can burn anything, can she survive that?
Amaterasu dies as soon as it hits. Its halted entirely and falls off like a rock.
Thats if ammy even comes out. Particles like electrons move at insane speeds. In fact, motion up to and beyond the speed of light give off vibrations.

Meaning it doesn't matter who she fights, if they aren't omnipotent, they are turned into a messy pile of goo and then frozen for all eternity.
Crap she really is unbeatable
More or less, vibrations are one of the most powerful things in the universe, despite occuring on such small levels.
Oh yeah, well I guess I would make someone who can control reality to fight her....so yeah...take that
Hard to manipulate reality when your either a pile of goop, missing a brain, or frozen in time.
Well it's hard to turn me into goo when I can make the reality of which exist, nothing.
You'll have to be faster than me, which I can promise you aren't.
You need to think to warp reality, and you can't think if your brain isn't passing synapses to the rest of your body.
ah, ha, but since I control reality, things that should happen won't have to happen the way that they should. Therefore your power would be harmless to me. The reality of you power would be made harmless or could just make reality of how fast I can think, faster than your powers so take that
Too bad you've just been frozen in time. No molecules moving.
That means no reality warping. No thought. Nothing.

You can't warp reality without thought, even if you claim "I can warp etc etc" no, not without thinking first. I prevent you from thinking. You can't warp reality.

Old 11-28-2012, 08:39 PM   #13
Vornmusion
Smooth as Sandpaper
Sage of Lemonade
CB Murder Bros & Co.
Urthalre Di Wer Kepesk

Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.
Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.

Having control of 'motion' apparently means you can automatically react faster than everyone else by nature of having the ability; according to that person. Therefore, having control over reality means you exist in all space-time as one and many, and you have already removed the concept of motion before the universe was capable of creating it, rendering that persons powers non-existent in a 'speed' and state that which goes faster than any concept a mortal mind can comprehend.

Furthermore, as a being that is capable of controlling reality you don't need to "think" to change reality. That's an unnecessary handicap that, as a controller of reality, you can simply decide doesn't exist in that reality anymore; if it ever did to begin with. That person really fails to grasp the concept of reality controlling.

As I've said before; without extremely strict guidelines on the limits of a reality controllers power there's little if anything that can ever compete. As is, your controller has no limits, thus only another, more powerful, type of reality controller can fight you; which would be a creator/destroyer.

Last edited by Vornmusion; 11-28-2012 at 08:42 PM.
Vornmusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:43 PM   #14
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Vibrations are part of reality. Someone that controled reality would have that ability plus very much more. This question is asinine in every sense. Even worse, it is tautological, thus, dull.

Wooster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:16 PM   #15
Saiyan
Chunin Exam Proctor

Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Saiyan is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotarubi Hyuuga View Post
OK so people can understand her side this was the conversation we had, there was more but she didn't reply back yet so I can't show you that part.
Were all those quoted posts an example of the power of vibration?
Saiyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:37 PM   #16
KyuubiAkatsuki
Jonin

KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

How would vibration powers decrease her reaction time?

"If sacred places are spared the ravages of war then make all places sacred. And if the holy people are to be kept harmless from war then make all peoples holy."
----- Silver Surfer from Silver Surfer Requiem

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

KyuubiAkatsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:20 PM   #17
Hotarubi Hyuuga
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saiyan View Post
Were all those quoted posts an example of the power of vibration?
Everything that says Frost Ninja is about the power of vibrations, well not all of it because it didn't start out that way.

Old 11-30-2012, 01:31 AM   #18
BMC1994
Special Jonin Candidate
BG Moderator

BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.BMC1994 is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Frost Conviently forgets that the vibration manipulator also needs to think before vibration manipulation is excecuted therefore in that timeframe the reality manipulator would turn the vibration guy into Big Mac, or a cat, or a fetus or just poof her out of existence or just erases the concept of vibration from the universe etc etc etc etc

Quote:
on black person kage when his susuano grabbed him and he put him in ms genjutsu with tsuki.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Souret
Yes
BMC1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:05 PM   #19
JLI2infinity
Chunin Exam Proctor

JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.JLI2infinity is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

LOL A BMC1194, Wooster, KyuubiAkatsuki, and Vornmusion tag team smackdown of Frost Ninja OH YEAH!!! And I don't even have to comment.
JLI2infinity is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
powers, reality, vibrations