Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Battlegrounds Versus Debates > Battlegrounds HQ > The Graveyard

The Graveyard While you CAN endlessly debate some things, other threads need a place to stay buried. This friends, is that place.

Old 11-05-2012, 04:21 PM   #161
Uchiha Sora
Has a Keyblade

Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.
Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: BG convo #64: 1UP

Kirby is a very balanced character. His smashes are a bit above average and quick. He's not slow, and he has great control over his jumps. Also getting yourself back on the stage safely is easily done with his Up+B, as anybody looking to follow up and block you off will be be forced to avoid it. So theres no getting spiked frosty.

And frosty, I have masterful hands

I rarely use grabs anymore now that I lost my GameCube controller. and my classic controller is a bit messed up so its hard to grab now.

Ike in the hands of an experienced player is OP as hell.. So strong

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Uchiha Sora; 11-05-2012 at 04:24 PM.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:33 PM   #162
megabbaut
Debby Downer

megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha Sora View Post
IKR. I remember when one of my friends mained and only used Ike, he was a monster. KOs were easy to get with him. His Ike and my Link were rivaled. We also made an excellent team together

And it would've been even better if two people could use Final Smashes at one time. Triforce Slash into Great Aether would look so boss.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My theme:
YouTube:
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
My Battle Theme:
YouTube:
src="
GT & PSN: VesicantDegree1
Old 11-05-2012, 05:19 PM   #163
mizore-chan
Banned

mizore-chan has completed a tough C-rank mission!mizore-chan has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Someone want to explain why the world needs an ipad mini?
Old 11-05-2012, 05:30 PM   #164
megabbaut
Debby Downer

megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.megabbaut is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Because the normal ipad doesn't fit in your pocket and the ipad mini does

My theme:
YouTube:
src="
My Battle Theme:
YouTube:
src="
Old 11-05-2012, 06:15 PM   #165
Uchiha Sora
Has a Keyblade

Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.
Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.Uchiha Sora just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

iPad Mini= iPod Touch

Old 11-05-2012, 06:40 PM   #166
mizore-chan
Banned

mizore-chan has completed a tough C-rank mission!mizore-chan has completed a tough C-rank mission!

^which is why the world doesn't need an actual product called the ipad mini

Apple has produced a product that is inbetween the size of the ipod touch and ipad!!!!!
Old 11-05-2012, 06:42 PM   #167
mizore-chan
Banned

And no mega the ipad mini does not fit in your pocket.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:33 PM   #168
Frost ninja
debates with determination

Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRcommander View Post
They're only instant death if you're playing against beginners that don't know how to get out.

You obviously don't play very good people. There is no "getting out"

Except for that part where it's actually really easy to escape if you actually know how to play. I don't care how good you are, you're not going to be consistently executing perfect chain grabs with the ice climbers, so most characters can get out.

As I said above. You don't play good enough people. I can wobble. Thats 0-death with no chance for slips. Look it up.

They carry him high enough, and Kirby has much more control over his jumping than most characters.

Doesn't matter, the spike will probably insta-gib you. By the time you get spiked, you are already at about 100%~ Damage or more.

You're assuming that you didn't just get killed. Also, I'm not stupid enough to just sit there like that without a darn good reason. Half the time it's just used as an easy fake-out.

Yes, and then you get grabbed and killed because between you landing, me dodging, and you deactivating you've gotten grabbed.

Watch as you miss everything because your entire strategy is trying to grab people who already know what your entire strategy is. The moment you select ice climbers, people already know what to expect. The chances of any decent player actually letting you do that to them is minimal. Kirby is balanced much better and has more than a single useful move. The ice climbers on the other hand have exactly 1 legitimate strategy, so it's really easy to predict and counter.

Except its not, hence the high tier listing. You can't do anything to hurt me if you aren't in grabbing range, since my double ice beats out 90% of projectiles. You can be as good as you want, but avoiding getting grabbed for an entire match while also dodging ice, blizzard, and high priority air and ground attacks while still doing damage? Its easy to predict, but impossible to counter.

D.B is one of the best moves in the game when used properly. It's only a problem when you try to spam it or if the person clearly sees it coming. It's great, though, for when you're thrown off screen then just come crashing down on people that thought they killed you and started fighting someone else. It's also good for protecting against things like trophy characters, pokemon, explosions, etc.
Point proven, you play with items? Thats cute, now talk to me when you become someone who might become a challenge. Even with items on, Nana and Popo are the best in that regard. Ever face Fan Climbers? Likely not, since you believe d.B is a move worth using in the slightest.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:36 PM   #169
Frost ninja

Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Frost ninja strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha Sora View Post
So theres no getting spiked frosty.

You better have some darn good DI and fast reflexes, because getting spiked when you have 100%+ damage from a single chain grab is a gib.

And frosty, I have masterful hands

You are fodder compared to me in SSBB.

I rarely use grabs anymore now that I lost my GameCube controller. and my classic controller is a bit messed up so its hard to grab now.

I have a beautiful vintage grey wavebird, wireless, fully functional. I have a poster of it from the box, and its like a pin-up stud for me to drool over.

Ike is... awful outside of a free-for-all match. Slow, and very linear. Possibly the easiest person to gib outside of maybe... Ness.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:49 PM   #170
TRcommander
Chunin

TRcommander has a spectacular chakra aura going on.TRcommander has a spectacular chakra aura going on.TRcommander has a spectacular chakra aura going on.TRcommander has a spectacular chakra aura going on.TRcommander has a spectacular chakra aura going on.TRcommander has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost ninja View Post
You obviously don't play very good people. There is no "getting out"
See, I think you actually have this backwards. I think you're the one playing such bad people that they would let themselves get grabbed so often in the first place. Me with Kirby? Sure you'll get in an occasional grab but I'll be killing you just as often as not.

Quote:
As I said above. You don't play good enough people. I can wobble. Thats 0-death with no chance for slips. Look it up.
The chance of the slip up is simply you not having perfect timing with the multitudes of buttons you have to press. Again, I don't care how good you are, I'm not going to believe that you can pull it off perfectly every single time in a real matchup.

Quote:
Doesn't matter, the spike will probably insta-gib you. By the time you get spiked, you are already at about 100%~ Damage or more.
Again, your entire strategy revolves around you managing to catch me then executing your moves perfectly enough to keep me from escaping or teching. And of course, if there's more than two people in the match then you might as well just not even bother. (Being able to effectively fight against more than one person is another problem that kirby doesn't have).

Quote:
Yes, and then you get grabbed and killed because between you landing, me dodging, and you deactivating you've gotten grabbed.
Except that part where I released it half way through the fall and either used final cutter to hit you after you moved to the side or simply went about my business somewhere else. Like I said, if I'm using d.b it's because I have a reason to.

Quote:
Except its not, hence the high tier listing. You can't do anything to hurt me if you aren't in grabbing range, since my double ice beats out 90% of projectiles. You can be as good as you want, but avoiding getting grabbed for an entire match while also dodging ice, blizzard, and high priority air and ground attacks while still doing damage? Its easy to predict, but impossible to counter.
Tiers mean everything don't they? You're forgetting that I play Ice Climbers quite a bit as well, so I know what they're capable of. While you're doing you're little air spins, I d.b and kill you. Really, jumping against Kirby is about the worst thing you could possibly do. You manage to dodge and I can simply cancel the attack and do something else, so you won't get a chance to grab me while I'm bricked.

Quote:
Point proven, you play with items?
You only play one set way and never practice anything else thereby limiting how good you could ever possibly get at the game? That's like getting into competitive pokemon and only playing in one tier. Playing by tournament rules is fine and all, but if that's all you ever do then you really are limiting yourself.

Quote:
Thats cute, now talk to me when you become someone who might become a challenge. Even with items on, Nana and Popo are the best in that regard. Ever face Fan Climbers? Likely not, since you believe d.B is a move worth using in the slightest.
Fan climbers are beast, but the chances of actually getting them two fans means it's not something to worry too much about. And saying that d.b isn't worth using is limiting yourself again. Just because it's over, and often improperly, used doesn't mean it isn't a viable attack for people that actually know how to play.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:48 PM   #171
Frost ninja

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRcommander View Post
See, I think you actually have this backwards. I think you're the one playing such bad people that they would let themselves get grabbed so often in the first place. Me with Kirby? Sure you'll get in an occasional grab but I'll be killing you just as often as not.

3 stocks, yeah? Considering Ice climbers are nearly impossible to kill without getting into grab range, and each grab = 1 free kill for me... no.

You'd be left kissing the floor. I don't think you'd take a single stock off of me, actually.

The chance of the slip up is simply you not having perfect timing with the multitudes of buttons you have to press. Again, I don't care how good you are, I'm not going to believe that you can pull it off perfectly every single time in a real matchup.

You mean grab + direction? Thats one button and one direction. Its also forgiving on time since I have until I throw you to plan and prepare for whats next. Thats a second, minimum, that I have free time wise to decide where you go. And no, I've practiced enough to land them near 100% of the time if your connection isn't red barred.

Again, your entire strategy revolves around you managing to catch me then executing your moves perfectly enough to keep me from escaping or teching. And of course, if there's more than two people in the match then you might as well just not even bother. (Being able to effectively fight against more than one person is another problem that kirby doesn't have).

Not really. My down smash does the equivalent to... what... 3 of your smashes without getting staled. I have a mean camp game, a good jump, and I have more of a chance of not dying than Kirby, all things considered. After one person dies, I win. Of course, the only time you'd have more than one in a realistic tournament setting is 2v2, and even then a permanent lockdown on one character just means your partner has to know how to 1v1. Did I mention I can chain grab two characters at once? I probably should have.

Except that part where I released it half way through the fall and either used final cutter to hit you after you moved to the side or simply went about my business somewhere else. Like I said, if I'm using d.b it's because I have a reason to.

Final cutter? Free grab, p. shield it and catch. You move? I follow. You cant float forever, and your aimgame doesn't have enough push to stop me from grabbing through whatever you throw. You die again.

Tiers mean everything don't they? You're forgetting that I play Ice Climbers quite a bit as well, so I know what they're capable of. While you're doing you're little air spins, I d.b and kill you. Really, jumping against Kirby is about the worst thing you could possibly do. You manage to dodge and I can simply cancel the attack and do something else, so you won't get a chance to grab me while I'm bricked.

Appearently you don't, I'd say your at the bottom of the learning curb. d.B? I laugh at you and 0-death you in more ways than you thought possible. Also yeah, no, your air game < Ice climbers. Priority on hammers > Kirby's air arsenal, barring his own hammer which is just dodged and followed for a free grab. If you are going to keep talking like you actually know something, maybe try being good at a character first.

You only play one set way and never practice anything else thereby limiting how good you could ever possibly get at the game? That's like getting into competitive pokemon and only playing in one tier. Playing by tournament rules is fine and all, but if that's all you ever do then you really are limiting yourself.

I can beat you in most any mode, but I use the basic one because theres less chance of you blaming it on a lucky pokemon.

Fan climbers are beast, but the chances of actually getting them two fans means it's not something to worry too much about. And saying that d.b isn't worth using is limiting yourself again. Just because it's over, and often improperly, used doesn't mean it isn't a viable attack for people that actually know how to play.
No, it isn't a viable attack because you surrender yourself to any attack I feel like throwing. You have to cancel brick to avoid getting grabbed, and I can just spike you in the lag, icicle reset you, and your grabbed anyways. Using d.B is something you do in wifi pug matches when people don't bother to avoid it.

But as I said, 3 stocked. Easily.
Old 11-06-2012, 06:56 AM   #172
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

You know what I hate? When I open up the BG convo to see constructive conversation. D:<
Old 11-06-2012, 07:09 AM   #173
WishfulFairie
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: In my own little world that's in my own little head
WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Well you ruined it.
Congrats Shika. You're a convo jumbler

*Flies out*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny
well, war babies come from war, nerd babies from from trees, peace babies come from birds, ect
Old 11-06-2012, 08:08 AM   #174
megabbaut
Debby Downer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru Nara View Post
You know what I hate? When I open up the BG convo to see constructive conversation. D:<
It's your fault for missing it

My theme:
YouTube:
src="
My Battle Theme:
YouTube:
src="
Old 11-06-2012, 09:50 AM   #175
321zigzag3
debates with words
Freelancer

321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.
321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.321zigzag3 just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

I know I am really late in asking this.

What happened in regard to SHinigan Sora and Cult of PErsonality?

Spoiler:

Hoshigaki Familia

Freelancer
Old 11-06-2012, 09:51 AM   #176
WishfulFairie
Special Jonin Candidate

WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.WishfulFairie is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

SnS got banned for being a bad boy but he's still around
Cult broke too many rules and, thus, got superbanned

Quote:
well, war babies come from war, nerd babies from from trees, peace babies come from birds, ect
Old 11-06-2012, 11:10 AM   #177
mizore-chan
Banned

Since when is pointing out the flaws of a corporation being a "bad boy"?

All I did was vehmently point out what was wrong with how VIZmedia(the company) were forcing a fascist regime on the staff and members and people who don't seem to read properly claimed I was doing something else.

Now tell me who's really being a "bad boy" in this? Hmmmmmmmmmm

Last edited by mizore-chan; 11-06-2012 at 11:16 AM.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:13 AM   #178
WishfulFairie
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

bad boys
bad boys
whatcha gon do
whatcha gonna do
when they come for you?

Quote:
Old 11-06-2012, 11:25 AM   #179
mizore-chan
Banned

Hey fey.
Spoiler:
MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTTT TTTTTTTTTTTTHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-06-2012, 11:28 AM   #180
WishfulFairie
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Spoiler:

Quote: