Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Leaf Village Council > Forum Feedback & Issues

Forum Feedback & Issues Having problems using the forums or site? Maybe you have some feedback about the site you'd like to share? Post it here.

Old 07-25-2012, 11:04 AM   #21
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: What's YOUR take?: The Reputation System

Leave Offtopic(probably chats as well) at max two. Then make the rest of the sections rep power.
It goes up slow enough as it is. That should work.

20,000 is fine now that we added in Offtopic posts. It wasn't before, but that doesn't matter now.

In terms of the badges and marks. I think we are at 50 100 150.

You get a badge at 980. Can't quite wrap my head around that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:14 AM   #22
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

I never really understood why we needed posts to increase rep power at all, to be quite honest. Well, after the reset that is. If the cap is ten, what's the point? Well..I suppose it's a perk for those that are below ten. But I think that's a good place to start. Maybe 15 cap.
Shikamaru Nara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:14 AM   #23
Black King
Special Jonin Candidate

Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Black King is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Awards Showcase

Back when it was created, I thought people were taking it way too seriously, and I think the same now. But it used to be fun, and it was a good way for people to give good and bad input. Now it's just...kinda blown outta proportion. 25k posts? I've been here since three days after this forum was created, and I have less than 3000 here almost three or four years later. Yeah, there was a time I wasn't active, but that's ridiculous.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Black King; 10-01-2012 at 07:32 AM.
Black King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:08 PM   #24
Muffintop
Special Jonin Candidate
Quasi-Admin

Muffintop is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Muffintop is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Muffintop is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Muffintop is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Muffintop is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Muffintop is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Muffintop is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Muffintop is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Muffintop is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Muffintop is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Muffintop is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Muffintop is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Muffintop is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooster View Post
Leave Offtopic(probably chats as well) at max two. Then make the rest of the sections rep power.
It goes up slow enough as it is. That should work.

20,000 is fine now that we added in Offtopic posts. It wasn't before, but that doesn't matter now.

In terms of the badges and marks. I think we are at 50 100 150.

You get a badge at 980. Can't quite wrap my head around that.
As JAFL put it, all sections contribute to the forum in their own way. It may not be through finding illegal images or helping out in the Anbu thread, but they contribute by keeping the forum active and lively.

The way the system is set up now is a bit overboard. Only fifteen people out of the entire forum have made it to 20,000 posts, even with the posts counting in most sections.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru Nara View Post
I never really understood why we needed posts to increase rep power at all, to be quite honest. Well, after the reset that is. If the cap is ten, what's the point? Well..I suppose it's a perk for those that are below ten. But I think that's a good place to start. Maybe 15 cap.
15 was actually one of the numbers in discussion. I wouldn't mind having it be the cap, honestly. It's not too far off from 10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black King View Post
Back when it was created, I thought people were taking it way too seriously, and I think the same now. But it used to be fun, and it was a good way for people to give good and bad input. Now it's just...kinda blown outta proportion. 25k posts? I've been here since three days after this forum was created, and I have less than 3000 here almost three or four years later. Yeah, there was a time I wasn't active, but that's ridiculous.
This. ^ The setup needs to be less restrictive.

Muffintop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:11 PM   #25
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

I like the sounds of 15. At least for mods or something.
Shikamaru Nara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:43 PM   #26
Fliparrachii
Die Fliparrachii Die

Fliparrachii just might be Kage someday.
Fliparrachii just might be Kage someday.Fliparrachii just might be Kage someday.Fliparrachii just might be Kage someday.Fliparrachii just might be Kage someday.Fliparrachii just might be Kage someday.Fliparrachii just might be Kage someday.Fliparrachii just might be Kage someday.Fliparrachii just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Yahoo to Fliparrachii

All sections do contribute to this forum as a whole. I honestly dont see why one's reputation in a section should flow slower because their posts arent as constructive as the next post in another section. How fair does that sound? Any other forum wouldnt care. Keeping in mind of those who sign up to just discuss mainly in one section, I feel as tho, their reputation shouldnt flow slower as the next person. I honestly dont care if a regular user has more rep than me because all they do is pass jokes or whatever while Im going out of my way to better this site. You have a high reputation for a. I have my reputation for b. I personally wouldnt want another's flow to be slower because that section is capped very low, whereas the section I frequent is capped higher. I personally dont care if you have a higher rank than me.

Those caps are ridiculous either way.
NBA Picks----
East Conference: Miami Heat (53-25)
West Conference: Golden State Warriors (48-29)
-------------------------------------------
"They Even Judged God.
See If I Care When You Judge Me"
Im Pretty Sure The Whole "Ladies First" Thing Was Created
By A Guy Just To Check Out Ass
;p

Fliparrachii is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 04:25 PM   #27
SRhyse
Site Admin - Uber Kage
Viz Administrator

SRhyse just might be Kage someday.
SRhyse just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Alright, made some preliminary changes. The cap is now 15 for rep power, post count contributing to that is now 5000 from the former 20000 , my rep power is 2 x because it amused me , there's no caps in any forums for the moment, minimum posts to have your rep count is now 15 from 180, and reputation spread is 5. Might have tweaked it more but forgotten, and my previous reply got deleted in a way that angered me .

We'll try to keep abuse out rather than capping now.

How's that sound?
My dog Elly FTW:

*Alot of people have been asking to help me with various things on the site, many of which involve sharing files between me and other members. Since I get asked almost every day, to do this or collaborate with me personally, use
gives you a lot more free space than normal to work with if that helps, but mainly, it's easier than me getting a thousand emails I have to download and upload with a file again to reply
. Thanks for wanting to help though!
SRhyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 04:47 PM   #28
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Sounds peachy serious, I don't envy the people stemming the potential abuse

Quote:

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Click the dratini for anime rants
Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:13 AM   #29
SilentBlade
Special Jonin Candidate

SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.SilentBlade is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

My only issue here is that I typically only post in a couple areas. Meaning in those areas there typically is only a handful of people that contribute to discussions meaningfully. I am not trying to abuse the system, but I shouldn't have to hand out rep to a ton of people just to rep those I feel warrant it.

I would state that perhaps instead of making rep spread around so much in order to rep individuals, you can only rep an individual once/week or something along those lines?
SilentBlade is offline   Reply With Quote