Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Cutting Edge > Entertainment

Entertainment A place where you can have discussions about music, tv, movies, sports and anything else pertaining to entertainment.

Old 10-14-2012, 10:23 PM   #1
Densetsu_no_D
Genin Elite

Densetsu_no_D is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via AIM to Densetsu_no_D Send a message via Yahoo to Densetsu_no_D
Default Gosei Sentai Dairanger

So I'm just finishing up Dairanger, and I have to say I really enjoyed this one. This is only the second Sentai series I've seen (Zyuranger being the first) but I can say I liked it a bit more than Zyuranger. Zyuranger felt a bit slow at times and the only other real story other than them fighting Bandora and her gang, is between Geki and Burai. That was great but I felt the other rangers never really got any true development (other than some stand alone episodes). In Dairanger each ranger had their own storyline that took place throughout the series leading up to the end fight with the Gouma. Anyone else seen this series or any other Sentai? My next one is a toss up between Jetman and Kakuranger. Anyone else have any suggestions?

Looking back I wish Saban had used the Dairanger suits over keeping the Zyuranger suits for so long. I know for marketing reasons and I'm sure some others they felt like it was the better choice but just bringing in the Kibaranger suit was just so awkward.
Old 10-14-2012, 10:34 PM   #2
ILIKEPIE
ILIKETURTLES
WS-Genin

ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Gosei Sentai Dairanger

wow the only Super Sentai I've watched is Gokaiger which is the adversity season that has the Pirates transform into the past 34 teams suits. Gokaiger had at least one actor appear from each of the past seasons too. Episode 33 of Gokaiger was the Dairanger tribute episode and the red ranger from that season appeared in the episode.

Spoiler:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Spoiler:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
pie like pies XD (put this in your siggy and I give free pie)

Kani wuuuuuuz here.
IG was here
ILIKEPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:42 PM   #3
Densetsu_no_D
Genin Elite

Send a message via AIM to Densetsu_no_D Send a message via Yahoo to Densetsu_no_D

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILIKEPIE View Post
wow the only Super Sentai I've watched is Gokaiger which is the adversity season that has the Pirates transform into the past 34 teams suits. Gokaiger had at least one actor appear from each of the past seasons too. Episode 33 of Gokaiger was the Dairanger tribute episode and the red ranger from that season appeared in the episode.

Spoiler:

I was reading up on that series just last night. I thought that was a pretty cool idea. I'll add that one to the list but I think I'm going to get some of the older ones under my belt first.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:10 PM   #4
ILIKEPIE
ILIKETURTLES
WS-Genin

ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.ILIKEPIE is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

teams 1-35 team 36 Gobusters not in this viedo
YouTube:

Dairanger had really interesting suits but Battle Fever J had the weirdest suits

Spoiler:

Quote:

Kani wuuuuuuz here.
IG was here

Last edited by ILIKEPIE; 10-16-2012 at 09:19 PM.
Old 10-18-2012, 12:08 AM   #5
HokageSoulReaper
Special Jonin Candidate

HokageSoulReaper strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.HokageSoulReaper strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.HokageSoulReaper strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.HokageSoulReaper strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.HokageSoulReaper strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.HokageSoulReaper strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.HokageSoulReaper strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.HokageSoulReaper strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.HokageSoulReaper strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.HokageSoulReaper strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.HokageSoulReaper strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.HokageSoulReaper strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via MSN to HokageSoulReaper Send a message via Skype™ to HokageSoulReaper

Dairanger was very cool, I do prefer the portrayal of Daizinryu here than its PR counterpart Serpentera, I really think that should have been left as it was, but it does work as Zedd's Zord too

An ironic thing is, the Kibaranger/White Ranger suit not only fits the Dairangers, but in a weird way was able to fit in the Zyu/MMPR costumes, but at the same time you knew something was off

I am The Ace of The Universe

Raikiri Buntai 4 LIFE
HokageSoulReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:32 PM   #6
Densetsu_no_D
Genin Elite

Quote:
teams 1-35 team 36 Gobusters not in this viedo
YouTube:

Dairanger had really interesting suits but Battle Fever J had the weirdest suits
Very cool ending, I actually like the concept of this season. See if Saban is going to incorporate this season to the U.S.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:38 PM   #7
ILIKEPIE
ILIKETURTLES
WS-Genin

Awards Showcase

they plan to combine that season with one before it, Power Megaforce the Goseiger adaption and then Super Megaforce the mixed Goseiger and Gokaiger adaption.

Guardian Angels get to become Wanted Pirates lol

Spoiler:

Quote:

Kani wuuuuuuz here.
IG was here
Old 10-28-2012, 09:40 PM   #8
Densetsu_no_D
Genin Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokageSoulReaper View Post
Dairanger was very cool, I do prefer the portrayal of Daizinryu here than its PR counterpart Serpentera, I really think that should have been left as it was, but it does work as Zedd's Zord too

An ironic thing is, the Kibaranger/White Ranger suit not only fits the Dairangers, but in a weird way was able to fit in the Zyu/MMPR costumes, but at the same time you knew something was off

I agree, Daizinryu as the universal regulator was interesting and it's part in the whole story was very well done. Everytime it came to Earth I kept thinking to myself oh it's going to run out of power in the heat of battle lol.

Looking back Kibaranger did fit in MMPR but the more I watched I wish Saban had switched the whole cast into the Dairanger suits. I really liked the designs and different fighting styles of each ranger...
Old 10-28-2012, 09:44 PM   #9
ILIKEPIE
ILIKETURTLES
WS-Genin

Awards Showcase

they have rumors about the Dairanger suits being used for the Gokaiger adaption part of Power Rangers Megaforce and they rumored name for the fake power ranger season is Power Rangers Star Force with the Red ranger being named Rayan but that's just a rumor

Spoiler:

Quote:

Kani wuuuuuuz here.
IG was here
Old 10-28-2012, 09:51 PM   #10
Densetsu_no_D
Genin Elite

Quote:
they have rumors about the Dairanger suits being used for the Gokaiger adaption part of Power Rangers Megaforce and they rumored name for the fake power ranger season is Power Rangers Star Force with the Red ranger being named Rayan but that's just a rumor
Oh so they're going to combine the next two seasons and then retcon so there is Dairanger. Yea I guess that does work. Sounds like it has the potential to be a mess. I wanna say that I would try and watch but Samurai is just so hard to watch. I hope they change the tone a bit and get serious.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:58 PM   #11
ILIKEPIE
ILIKETURTLES
WS-Genin

Awards Showcase

still they have to remove all the jetman and before suits from the Gokaiger stuff.

Samurai used too much Shinkenger footage and made a more serious season too light hearted, but at least they kept the female red ranger in the two or three episodes she appears in. Also mega mode was a pointless add on to the series and the weird shogen mode they use for their megazord finishers is also pointless

Spoiler:

Quote:

Kani wuuuuuuz here.
IG was here
Old 10-28-2012, 10:14 PM   #12
Densetsu_no_D
Genin Elite

Quote:
still they have to remove all the jetman and before suits from the Gokaiger stuff.

Samurai used too much Shinkenger footage and made a more serious season too light hearted, but at least they kept the female red ranger in the two or three episodes she appears in. Also mega mode was a pointless add on to the series and the weird shogen mode they use for their megazord finishers is also pointless

You're right everything prior to the original power rangers will be cut. Guess that's another reason to combine the two sentai series. I briefly saw part of an episode recently with their megazord and thought...wow that is a lot.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:30 PM   #13
ILIKEPIE
ILIKETURTLES
WS-Genin

Awards Showcase

at least you still get to see the old ranger suits in action again

times they mixed the two dino teams (the next sentai is the 3rd dino team)

Spoiler:

Quote:

Kani wuuuuuuz here.
IG was here
Old 10-28-2012, 10:49 PM   #14
Densetsu_no_D
Genin Elite

Quote:
at least you still get to see the old ranger suits in action again

times they mixed the two dino teams (the next sentai is the 3rd dino team)

That's very cool, I will def watch Gokaiger in the near future. Also possibly watch the American counterpart just to see how they do it.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:53 PM   #15
ILIKEPIE
ILIKETURTLES
WS-Genin

Awards Showcase

Gokaiger will be getting a team up movie with Go-Busters in January (they already had the goseiger team up, their own movie, and two crossover movies one with metal hero Gavan and the other with Kamen Rider) and Gokai Sliver will appear by himself in an Go-Busters episode

edit forgot they also had a cameo appearence in the Goseiger and Shinkenger team up movie

Spoiler:

Quote:

Kani wuuuuuuz here.
IG was here

Last edited by ILIKEPIE; 10-28-2012 at 10:58 PM.